Alden Estates of Naperville is a very-large facility located in Naperville, Illinois. We gave this nursing home an overall grade of D. A score in this range typically indicates some red flags. Based on our analysis, this nursing home likely isn't the best fit for most people. Despite all this, one of the few highlights of this facility's report card is its impressive inspection score. You can scroll down to find out about inspections and other category scores
Alden Estates of Naperville
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Dialysis Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
Although we were not complementary of this place's overall performance, it actually received an impressive inspection report this year with few dings from the applicable government inspectors. As a result, it received one of our better grades in that category with a B+. Inspection scores weigh several factors, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these factors by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Fortunately, although this facility had some minor dings on its inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means CMS didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. A couple minor deficiencies aren't necessarily the end of the world.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility's short-term care rating ended up being one of its more favorable grades. The nursing home was given a B- in this category. In calculating our short-term care grades, we size up a facility's levels of highly skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists occupational therapists and other highly trained professionals. This rating is more often than not a useful assessment of the facility's rehabilitation. Unfortunately, this place was below average in terms of its level of physical therapy and registered nurse hours provided to its patients based on the measures we assessed. The final datapoint we considered in this area is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We discovered that just 5.1 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home, which is below average.
Does this page answer your questions about Alden Estates of Naperville?
This nursing home actually received a decent grade in the area of nursing as well. We awarded it a grade of C for that category, which is not a bad score. In calculating our nursing scores, we assess both the number of hours nurses spend with residents and the skill levels of the nurses. This place provides only 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident on a daily basis. This is a somewhat discouraging figure which is well below average. Lastly, despite not having the highest total nursing hours per resident, this nursing home actually performed admirably in the metric of preventing major falls. This is typically a reliable indicator that a facility has sufficient quality controls in place.
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we rated was long-term care. This facility received a rock bottom grade of F in this category. Facilities that do not fare well in long-term care often don't provide as much nursing care and also may be struggling in some of the areas of routine personal care we assessed. In addition to considering the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home vaccinated 88.52041 percent of its patients. This is many points lower than what we were hoping for. To our surprise, this place was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0.03 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this facility had less hospitalizations than many nursing homes. This is its best feature in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Alden Estates of Naperville Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Alden Estates of Naperville, 8.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric measures the percentage of long-term patients who are suffering from new or worsened pressure ulcers. We find that pressure ulcers are a reliable barometer of quality of care.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Alden Estates of Naperville, 3.47% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents that sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injury are routinely associated with lower quality nursing care. Closer supervision reduces the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Alden Estates of Naperville, 2.6% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic tells you the percent of long-term residents who sustained urinary tract infections. UTI's could be an indication of a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. However, this metric could be skewed for certain nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Alden Estates of Naperville, 18.4% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic drugs are prescribed to patients for a variety of conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias. Unfortunately, in limited cases, excessive reliance on these medications may mean that a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Alden Estates of Naperville, 19.11% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients who were prescribed antianxiety medications. These drugs are generally prescribed to patients suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Alden Estates of Naperville, 29.8% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who are demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Alden Estates of Naperville, 87.49% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term stay residents that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Alden Estates of Naperville, 14.23% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care residents who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and using the bathroom.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Alden Estates of Naperville, 19.34% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of residents who remained mobile levels over time. Preserving mobility is usually a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Alden Estates of Naperville, 1.51 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital is key to preserving the physical well-being of nursing home residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Alden Estates of Naperville, 19.34 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Alden Estates of Naperville, 11.45 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Alden Estates of Naperville, 71.39% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of short-term care patients that experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Naperville, IL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Naperville, Illinois has 6 other nursing homes
- Edward HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.79 miles away801 South Washington Naperville Illinois 60540Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 527-3000
- Adventist Bolingbrook HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.9 miles away500 Remington Boulevard Bolingbrook Illinois 60440Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 312-5000
- Rush Copley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.53 miles away2000 Ogden Avenue Aurora Illinois 60504Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 978-6200
- Advocate Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.85 miles away3815 Highland Avenue Downers Grove Illinois 60515Voluntary non-profit - Church(630) 275-5900
- Central Dupage HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.16 miles away25 North Winfield Road Winfield Illinois 60190Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 682-1600
- Presence Mercy Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.95 miles away1325 N Highland Avenue Aurora Illinois 60506Voluntary non-profit - Church(630) 859-2222
- Adventist Hinsdale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.33 miles away120 North Oak St Hinsdale Illinois 60521Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 856-9000
- Adventist La Grange Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.67 miles away5101 S Willow Springs Rd La Grange Illinois 60525Voluntary non-profit - Church(708) 352-1200
- Fmc - Naperbrook1.68 miles away2451 South Washington Naperville Illinois 60565CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (630) 428-9769
- Fmc - Naperville North Dialysis Center2.99 miles away516 W 5th Ave. Naperville Illinois 60563Dialysis Stations: 21 (630) 753-9295
- Fkc - Woodridge4.26 miles away7550 Janes Avenue Woodridge Illinois 60517Dialysis Stations: 12 (630) 427-0918
- Davita - Woodridge at Home4.35 miles away7425 Janes Avenue Woodridge Illinois 60517Dialysis Stations: 6 (630) 968-0081
- Fmc - Bolingbrook Dialysis4.8 miles away329 Remington Blvd, Ste 110 Bolingbrook Illinois 60440CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (630) 759-1395
- Usrc - Bolingbrook4.83 miles away396 Remington Blvd., Suite 100 Bolingbrook Illinois 60440Dialysis Stations: 13 (630) 759-1943
- Fox Valley Dialysis Ltd7.43 miles away1300 Waterford Drive Aurora Illinois 60504CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (630) 236-1300
- Fmc - Downers Grove Dialysis Center7.83 miles away3825 Highland Suite 102 Downers Grove Illinois 60515Dialysis Stations: 16 (630) 964-2605