Alden Estates of Naperville is a very-large facility located in Naperville, Illinois. This isn't a bad nursing home with a C overall grade. This grade is right in line with the city grade in Naperville. Based on our analysis, this place has some redeeming qualities. One of the better aspects of this nursing home's profile is its strong inspection rating, which we will address in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Alden Estates of Naperville
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Naperville senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Dialysis Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
The main reason this turned out to be a decent nursing home is that it earned an elite inspection grade. In fact, its inspection grade was far better than its overall grade. In our inspections category, we gave this facility an A-. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in determining our inspection ratings. One of those factors is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of the deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the number of deficiencies, as some deficiencies can be relatively insignificant. Although this nursing home had a few deficiencies on its government inspection report, none of them were serious based on CMS' scale. A couple of minor deficiencies shouldn't stop you from considering a nursing home.
This nursing home's nursing grade appears to be one of its better features. The facility received a grade of B- in this category. Our nursing score is primarily associated with the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This facility provides only 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a somewhat discouraging figure as it is well below average. Lastly, despite not having the most impressive total nursing hours per resident, this facility performed admirably in the metric of preventing major falls. This is usually a reliable indicator that a place has quality controls in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Alden Estates of Naperville?
Short-term Care Quality
The third category we graded is short-term care. In that category, we awarded this nursing home a solid grade of C. Our short-term care scores are vital for individuals looking for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually mandates more highly-skilled nursing. Skilled nursing means a broad scope of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. Unfortunately, this nursing home was below average in terms of its level of registered nurse and physical therapy hours provided to its patients based on the measures we assessed. The question is whether this also impacted quality of care. The last metric we assessed in this area is the number of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return home. We discovered that just 4.8 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home, which is below average.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we graded is long-term care. Unfortunately, we gave it an F for this area, which is an abysmal score. This is obviously a significant disappointment. Long-term care ratings in this range generally are a bad sign for the quantity and quality of care provided by nurses and aids. In addition to looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. Frankly, we were a bit bothered by the fact that this facility vaccinated a relatively low 69.14893 percent of its patients. To our surprise, this nursing home was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0.04 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this facility has fewer hospitalizations than the average nursing home. This was its best feature in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Alden Estates of Naperville Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Alden Estates of Naperville, 14.11% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric is is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents that developed pressure ulcers. We find that pressure ulcers are a solid measure of the quality of nursing care a facility provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Alden Estates of Naperville, 0.85% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure indicates the percentage of long-term stay patients who have suffered falls which resulted in serious injury. We use this statistic in determining our nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Alden Estates of Naperville, 1.52% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are often associated with worse hygiene protocols. Better nursing care can reduce the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. We want to point out that this metric is affected by by the fact that facilities have varying reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Alden Estates of Naperville, 14.97% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint indicates the percentage of long-term residents receiving antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs serve an important medical purpose, it is important to confirm these medications are being used only where medically required. In some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate that a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Alden Estates of Naperville, 11.55% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint tells you the percentage of long-term patients receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Alden Estates of Naperville, 2.21% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Alden Estates of Naperville, 75.9% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Alden Estates of Naperville, 6.99% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living may indicate the deterioration of a patient's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Alden Estates of Naperville, 6.32% of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients that remained mobile levels. Many in the industry would argue that the ability to move around is vital to residents' mental and physical health.
In Alden Estates of Naperville, 0.04 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Staying out of the hospital is critical to the physical health of nursing home residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Alden Estates of Naperville, 6.32% of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Alden Estates of Naperville, 26.69% of Patients
This metric tracks the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to gauge short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Alden Estates of Naperville, 94.96% of Resident
This datapoint measures the percentage of short-term stay residents that saw functional improvements.
Scores for Naperville, IL
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Naperville, Illinois has 3 other nursing homes
- Edward HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.79 miles away801 South Washington Naperville Illinois 60540Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 527-3000
- Adventist Bolingbrook HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.9 miles away500 Remington Boulevard Bolingbrook Illinois 60440Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 312-5000
- Rush Copley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.53 miles away2000 Ogden Avenue Aurora Illinois 60504Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 978-6200
- Advocate Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.85 miles away3815 Highland Avenue Downers Grove Illinois 60515Voluntary non-profit - Church(630) 275-5900
- Central Dupage HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.16 miles away25 North Winfield Road Winfield Illinois 60190Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 682-1600
- Presence Mercy Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.95 miles away1325 N Highland Avenue Aurora Illinois 60506Voluntary non-profit - Church(630) 859-2222
- Adventist Hinsdale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.33 miles away120 North Oak St Hinsdale Illinois 60521Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 856-9000
- Adventist La Grange Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.67 miles away5101 S Willow Springs Rd La Grange Illinois 60525Voluntary non-profit - Church(708) 352-1200
- Fmc - Naperbrook1.68 miles away2451 South Washington Naperville Illinois 60565CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (630) 428-9769
- Fmc - Naperville North Dialysis Center2.99 miles away516 W 5th Ave. Naperville Illinois 60563Dialysis Stations: 21 (630) 753-9295
- Fkc - Woodridge4.26 miles away7550 Janes Avenue Woodridge Illinois 60517Dialysis Stations: 12 (630) 427-0918
- Davita - Woodridge at Home4.35 miles away7425 Janes Avenue Woodridge Illinois 60517Dialysis Stations: 6 (630) 968-0081
- Fmc - Bolingbrook Dialysis4.8 miles away329 Remington Blvd, Ste 110 Bolingbrook Illinois 60440CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (630) 759-1395
- Usrc - Bolingbrook4.83 miles away396 Remington Blvd., Suite 100 Bolingbrook Illinois 60440Dialysis Stations: 13 (630) 759-1943
- Fox Valley Dialysis Ltd7.43 miles away1300 Waterford Drive Aurora Illinois 60504CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (630) 236-1300
- Fmc - Downers Grove Dialysis Center7.83 miles away3825 Highland Suite 102 Downers Grove Illinois 60515Dialysis Stations: 16 (630) 964-2605