Alden Estates of Naperville is a very-large facility located in Naperville, Illinois. We gave this nursing home an overall grade of D. A score in this range typically indicates some red flags. Based on our analysis, this nursing home likely isn't the best fit for most people. Despite all this, one of the few highlights of this facility's report card is its impressive inspection score. You can scroll down to find out about inspections and other category scores
Alden Estates of Naperville
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
1525 South Oxford Lane,
Naperville IL 60565
65.17% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Dialysis Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
Although we were not complementary of this place's overall performance, it actually received an impressive inspection report this year with few dings from the applicable government inspectors. As a result, it received one of our better grades in that category with a B+. Inspection scores weigh several factors, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these factors by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Fortunately, although this facility had some minor dings on its inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means CMS didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. A couple minor deficiencies aren't necessarily the end of the world.
We awarded this facility a respectable grade in the area of nursing as well, with a grade of C. Our nursing score is primarily associated with the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This facility provides only 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a somewhat discouraging figure as it is well below average. Lastly, despite not having the most impressive total nursing hours per resident, this facility performed admirably in the metric of preventing major falls. This is usually a reliable indicator that a place has quality controls in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Alden Estates of Naperville?
Short-term Care Quality
As it turns out, this nursing home only earned a grade of D for its short-term care grade, which is not a score to write home about. Our short-term care ratings are critical for people looking for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically mandates additional skilled nursing services. This means a broad spectrum of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Considering its score in this category, we weren't surprised to learn that this place is well below average in terms of its number of physical therapy and registered nurse hours provided to its residents based on the measures we looked at. Frankly, this was about what we expected here. Finally, we looked at the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that just 4.8 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home's least impressive area is long-term care, which is the last category we analyzed. For this area, we gave this nursing home a grade of D. Nursing homes that receive this kind of score in long-term care may not provide the kind of consistent around the clock care that some other facilities offer. After looking at the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination records. We were a bit worried that this nursing home vaccinated 85.4067 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which happens to be quite a few points less than what we were hoping for. Surprisingly, this nursing home actually fared well at keeping its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.03 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. This is its best feature in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Alden Estates of Naperville Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Alden Estates of Naperville, 8.73% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of patients who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage caused by staying in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Alden Estates of Naperville, 3.45% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients who sustained a major fall. Falls leading to severe injury are routinely associated with lower levels of patient supervision. Closer supervision can minimize the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Alden Estates of Naperville, 2.6% of Patients had UTIs
This figure is a measure of the percent of long-term residents which have suffered from a urinary tract infection. While more infections may reflect poorly on a facility's nursing care, it is problematic to compare between nursing homes due to nursing homes having reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Alden Estates of Naperville, 18.11% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients who were given antipsychotic drugs. These medications are used for a variety of medical conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Alden Estates of Naperville, 19.04% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint tells you the percent of long-term stay residents taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Alden Estates of Naperville, 30.45% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who are showing depressive symptoms. Higher levels of depression may indicate a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Alden Estates of Naperville, 87.4% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term stay residents that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Alden Estates of Naperville, 13.9% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care residents who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and using the bathroom.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Alden Estates of Naperville, 17.56% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of residents who remained mobile levels over time. Preserving mobility is usually a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Alden Estates of Naperville, 1.66 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital is key to preserving the physical well-being of nursing home residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Alden Estates of Naperville, 17.56 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Alden Estates of Naperville, 11.82 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Alden Estates of Naperville, 71.65% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of short-term care patients that experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Naperville, IL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Naperville, Illinois has 6 other nursing homes
- Edward HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.79 miles away801 South Washington Naperville Illinois 60540Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 527-3000
- Adventist Bolingbrook HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.9 miles away500 Remington Boulevard Bolingbrook Illinois 60440Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 312-5000
- Rush Copley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.53 miles away2000 Ogden Avenue Aurora Illinois 60504Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 978-6200
- Advocate Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.85 miles away3815 Highland Avenue Downers Grove Illinois 60515Voluntary non-profit - Church(630) 275-5900
- Central Dupage HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.16 miles away25 North Winfield Road Winfield Illinois 60190Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 682-1600
- Presence Mercy Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.95 miles away1325 N Highland Avenue Aurora Illinois 60506Voluntary non-profit - Church(630) 859-2222
- Adventist Hinsdale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.33 miles away120 North Oak St Hinsdale Illinois 60521Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 856-9000
- Adventist La Grange Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.67 miles away5101 S Willow Springs Rd La Grange Illinois 60525Voluntary non-profit - Church(708) 352-1200
- Fmc - Naperbrook1.68 miles away2451 South Washington Naperville Illinois 60565CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (630) 428-9769
- Fmc - Naperville North Dialysis Center2.99 miles away516 W 5th Ave. Naperville Illinois 60563Dialysis Stations: 21 (630) 753-9295
- Fkc - Woodridge4.26 miles away7550 Janes Avenue Woodridge Illinois 60517Dialysis Stations: 12 (630) 427-0918
- Davita - Woodridge at Home4.35 miles away7425 Janes Avenue Woodridge Illinois 60517Dialysis Stations: 6 (630) 968-0081
- Fmc - Bolingbrook Dialysis4.8 miles away329 Remington Blvd, Ste 110 Bolingbrook Illinois 60440CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (630) 759-1395
- Usrc - Bolingbrook4.83 miles away396 Remington Blvd., Suite 100 Bolingbrook Illinois 60440Dialysis Stations: 13 (630) 759-1943
- Fox Valley Dialysis Ltd7.43 miles away1300 Waterford Drive Aurora Illinois 60504CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (630) 236-1300
- Fmc - Downers Grove Dialysis Center7.83 miles away3825 Highland Suite 102 Downers Grove Illinois 60515Dialysis Stations: 16 (630) 964-2605