Alden Estates of Huntley is a large nursing home in Huntley, Illinois. Our grading scheme was not very kind to this facility, as it received an overall score of F. Based on our ratings, this facility probably isn't a fit for any prospective resident. We wouldn't blame you if you're ready to stop reading and find another facility. However, if you want to learn more about this facility's category grades, we will discuss short-term care in the next section.
Alden Estates of Huntley
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
Note: Alden Estates of Huntley has been flagged for abuse in the past 12 months. We have capped this facility's overall grade accordingly.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
Although we gave this nursing home a terrible overall score, we gave it a B- for short-term care. In our short-term care score, we seek to craft a valuable gauge for rehabilitation. In doing so, we analyze a nursing home's scope of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. Unfortunately, we found that this facility provided fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than most other facilities. The more important thing is determining what bearing this had on the quality of care. The last measure we assessed in this category is the percentage of patients that ultimately were able to return home from the nursing home. We found that just 5.4 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
One of the other reasons we graded this facility so highly is that it earned a very impressive nursing score. In that category, we awarded this nursing home an C. When determining a nursing home's nursing grade, we weigh the amount of time nurses are seeing residents as well as the skill levels of those nurses. This facility provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a relatively low total compared to most other facilities. Finally, despite not having the highest total nursing hours, this facility performed admirably in the metric of preventing major falls. This is usually a reliable indicator that a nursing home has sufficient quality controls in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Alden Estates of Huntley?
This facility received very poor government inspections in recent years, causing us to give them a lowly F for inspections. An F in this category is usually a signal that there were red flags on the nursing home's inspections. With nursing homes that received this poor of an inspection grade, we would scrutinize any severe deficiencies on its inspection report. This nursing home had 5 deficiencies by CMS. The only favorable thing we can say is that none of its deficiencies were in the categories that indicate they caused a threat to resident health or safety. Finally, this facility was cited by CMS for possible abuse or neglect. We would not recommend this facility under any circumstance.
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we graded was long-term care. It received an F for this category, which is a poor grade. In a long-term care setting, the nursing home's primary goal is to keep patients healthy and safe. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate residents. After we finished looking at the volume of care provided by nurses, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination records. We were pleased to learn that this nursing home vaccinated 97.58454 percent of its patients against pneumonia. To our surprise, this nursing home was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. Unfortunately, some of its other scores in this category weren't as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Alden Estates of Huntley Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Alden Estates of Huntley, 8.73% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are routinely caused by residents staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Alden Estates of Huntley, 3.45% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who have sustained falls which resulted in severe injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls may be an indicator of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Alden Estates of Huntley, 2.6% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections are linked to poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Alden Estates of Huntley, 18.11% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients who were given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications may be helpful for many patients, it is important to make sure these medications are being used appropriately. In limited situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate that a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Alden Estates of Huntley, 19.04% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure indicates the percent of long-term stay residents who are administered antianxiety medication. These medications are prescribed to patients experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Alden Estates of Huntley, 30.45% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who are demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Alden Estates of Huntley, 87.4% of Patients
This is the percent of patients that were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Alden Estates of Huntley, 13.9% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's may indicate deterioration of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Alden Estates of Huntley, 17.56% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who remained mobile levels.
In Alden Estates of Huntley, 1.66 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. Avoiding the hospital is key to the physical well-being of nursing home residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Alden Estates of Huntley, 17.56 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Alden Estates of Huntley, 11.82 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Alden Estates of Huntley, 71.65% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of short-term stay patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some argue that this is a reliable measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation services.
- Sherman HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.76 miles away1425 North Randall Road Elgin Illinois 60123Voluntary non-profit - Private(847) 742-9800
- Presence Saint Joseph Hospital - ElginAcute Care Hospitals 9.74 miles away77 N Airlite Street Elgin Illinois 60123Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 695-3200
- Advocate Good Shepherd HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.33 miles away450 West Highway 22 Barrington Illinois 60010Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 381-9600
- St Alexius Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.32 miles away1555 N Barrington Rd Hoffman Estate Illinois 60169Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 843-2000
- Bhc Streamwood Hospital IncPsychiatric 17.51 miles away1400 E Irving Park Road Streamwood Illinois 60107Proprietary(630) 837-9000
- Delnor Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.1 miles away300 Randall Rd Geneva Illinois 60134Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 208-3000
- Kishwaukee Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.95 miles away1 Kish Hospital Drive Dekalb Illinois 60115Voluntary non-profit - Private(815) 756-1521
- Davita Huntley Dialysis2.41 miles away10370 Haligus Road Suite 100 Huntley Illinois 60142Dialysis Stations: 12 (847) 669-8145
- Davita - Carpentersville5.53 miles away2203 Randall Rd Carpentersville Illinois 60110CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (847) 426-6456
- Davita - Silverbridge Home Training7.26 miles away2410 Alft Lane, Ste 101 Elgin Illinois 60124Dialysis Stations: 4 (847) 289-5628
- Fmc - of Elgin7.4 miles away2130 Point Blvd. Suite 800 Elgin Illinois 60123CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (847) 428-3605
- Ara - Crystal Lake Dialysis Center7.44 miles away6298 Northwest Hwy., Suite 300 Crystal Lake Illinois 60014Dialysis Stations: 16 (815) 477-0825
- Dialysis Care Center - Elgin8.47 miles away995 North Randall Road Elgin Illinois 60123Dialysis Stations: 14 (815) 714-7171
- Davita - Crystal Springs Dialysis8.8 miles away720 Cog Circle Crystal Lake Illinois 60014Dialysis Stations: 16 (815) 459-4945
- Davita - Marengo City Dialysis10.8 miles away910 Greenlee Street, Suite B Marengo Illinois 60152Dialysis Stations: 12 (815) 568-5800