With an address in Des Plaines, Illinois, Alden Des Plaines Rehab & Hc is one of six facilities in the city. We gave this nursing home an overall score of B, making it the highest rated facility in the city. Based on our assessment, this place has quite a bit going for it. This place's impressive profile was highlighted by its inspection rating, which you can find in the next paragraph.
Alden Des Plaines Rehab & Hc
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its favorable overall performance, we gave this facility an A- for our inspections rating. Inspection grades are based on pieces of information found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities that receive favorable grades in this area tend to have very few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. Fortunately, although this facility had a few minor dings on its inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means the inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. The fact that the deficiencies were relatively minor made us feel better about this inspection report.
Short-term Care Quality
One of the other reasons we graded this nursing home so favorably is that it was awarded a dominant short-term care score. Indeed, short-term care ended up being its second most impressive category score. In that category, we gave this facility a score of A-. In the category of short-term care, we attempt to assess indicators of a facility's rehabilitation. We analyze a facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses and various therapists. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we considered the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 5.7 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Alden Des Plaines Rehab & Hc?
Another one of this facility's impressive category grades came in the area of nursing care. We awarded them one of our better scores in that area, with a grade of B. When calculating a facility's nursing rating, we consider the amount of time nurses are seeing residents and the skill levels of those nurses. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
Our final area is long-term care, where we gave this nursing home a grade of C in that area. Long-term care grades assess a facility's personal care rather than the highly skilled nursing and medical services that are critical to a skilled nursing facility. One of the statistics we considered after nursing hours is vaccinations. This nursing home provided the pneumonia vaccination to 92.59259 percent of its patients. Fortunately, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Alden Des Plaines Rehab & Hc Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Alden Des Plaines Rehab & Hc, 8.73% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This measures the percent of long-term patients which suffered from pressure ulcers. We find that pressure ulcers are an indicator of the quality of nursing care a facility provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Alden Des Plaines Rehab & Hc, 3.45% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents who suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to major injury are considered to be a measure of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls are routinely the result of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Alden Des Plaines Rehab & Hc, 2.6% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many experts to be a barometer of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely the result of a facility with lower levels of hygiene. Nevertheless, this datapoint may also be misleading for some nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Alden Des Plaines Rehab & Hc, 18.11% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients given antipsychotic drugs. These medications are used to treat several medical conditions, such as cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Alden Des Plaines Rehab & Hc, 19.04% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure measures the percent of long-term care residents who are given antianxiety drugs. These medications are commonly prescribed to patients suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Alden Des Plaines Rehab & Hc, 30.45% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients exhibiting signs of depression. Many in the industry would argue that this is a reasonable measure of quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Alden Des Plaines Rehab & Hc, 87.4% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Alden Des Plaines Rehab & Hc, 13.9% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of residents who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Alden Des Plaines Rehab & Hc, 17.56% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of residents who retained mobility levels over time. Optimizing mobility is often a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Alden Des Plaines Rehab & Hc, 1.66 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. There is a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and the overall quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Alden Des Plaines Rehab & Hc, 17.56 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Alden Des Plaines Rehab & Hc, 11.82 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Alden Des Plaines Rehab & Hc, 71.65% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percent of short-term care residents that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many in the industry would argue that this is a reasonable measure of a facility's rehabilitation services.
Scores for Des Plaines, IL
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Des Plaines, Illinois has 5 other nursing homes
- Advocate Lutheran General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.55 miles away1775 Dempster St Park Ridge Illinois 60068Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 723-2210
- Northwest Community Hospital 1Acute Care Hospitals 5.13 miles away800 W Central Road Arlington Heights Illinois 60005Voluntary non-profit - Private(847) 618-1000
- Presence Resurrection Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.16 miles away7435 W Talcott Avenue Chicago Illinois 60631Voluntary non-profit - Church(773) 774-8000
- Alexian Brothers Medical Center 1Acute Care Hospitals 7.13 miles away800 W Biesterfield Rd Elk Grove Village Illinois 60007Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 437-5500
- Community First Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.87 miles away5645 W Addison Street Chicago Illinois 60634Voluntary non-profit - Private(773) 282-7000
- Loyola Gottlieb Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.45 miles away701 West North Ave Melrose Park Illinois 60160Voluntary non-profit - Private(708) 681-3200
- Northshore University Healthsystem Evanston HospAcute Care Hospitals 10.81 miles away2650 Ridge Ave Evanston Illinois 60201Voluntary non-profit - Other(847) 432-8000
- Presence Saint Francis HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.89 miles away355 Ridge Ave Evanston Illinois 60202Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 316-4000
- Fmc - Glenview Dialysis Center1.98 miles away4248 Commercial Way Glenview Illinois 60025CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (847) 824-2006
- Fmc - Des Plaines2.17 miles away1625 Oakton Pl Des Plaines Illinois 60018Dialysis Stations: 13 (847) 795-0014
- Fmc - Niles3.09 miles away9371 Milwaukee Ave. Niles Illinois 60714CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (847) 581-0334
- Fmc - Mount Prospect3.51 miles away1710 West Golf Road Mount Prospect Illinois 60056Dialysis Stations: 8 (847) 640-7101
- Davita - Arlington Heights Dialysis4.08 miles away17 W Golf Road Arlington Heights Illinois 60005Dialysis Stations: 20 (847) 437-2188
- Glen Dialysis4.8 miles away2601 Compass Road Suite 145 Glenview Illinois 60026Dialysis Stations: 16 (847) 657-7574
- Davita - Norwood Park Dialysis6 miles away7435 W Talcott Ave - Outpatient Dialysis Chicago Illinois 60631Dialysis Stations: 14 (773) 990-7620
- Fmc - Rolling Meadows6.43 miles away4180 Winnetka Ave. Rolling Meadows Illinois 60008CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (847) 394-6250