Alden Debes Rehab & Hcc is located in Rockford, Illinois. Sporting an overall score of D, this is a relatively poor facility. Fortunately, this nursing home is one of 12 nursing homes in this city so if you aren't impressed, you should have better options. If you aren't deterred by this facility's profile, you can continue reading to find out about its category scores. Inspection reports are discussed in the next section.
Alden Debes Rehab & Hcc
Updated May 1, 2022 by Sara Levinsohn
550 South Mulford Avenue,
Rockford IL 61108
57.27% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
Although we were not high on this place's overall performance, it actually received an impressive inspection report this year with few dings from the applicable government inspectors. As a result, it received one of our better grades in that category with a B+. Our inspection grades are based on several datapoints found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Deficiencies are a key thing to look for on these reports. You should especially avoid facilities with severe deficiencies linked to endangerment of patients. While this place had a few deficiencies on its report, none of them were major deficiencies based on CMS' deficiency scale. A few minor deficiencies are not necessarily the end of the world.
Short-term Care Quality
We also gave this facility an impressive score in short-term care. This nursing home received a grade of B in this category, which happens to be one of our better grades. Short-term care ratings are critical for prospective residents seeking rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally utilizes more skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing means a wide scope of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. We were pleased to find that this nursing home employs both registered nurses and physical therapists. The same can't be said for all nursing homes. Lastly, we assessed the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home, which as an area this nursing home performed much more favorably. We found that it outperformed the vast majority of nursing homes in the nation with 63.6 percent of its patients returning home. This is a significantly higher rate than most nursing homes.
Does this page answer your questions about Alden Debes Rehab & Hcc?
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we looked at is long-term care. This nursing home's was given a rock-bottom long-term care score where it received a lowly F. If you are looking for anything other than short-term rehabilitation, you should take a close look at each facility's long-term care scores. In addition to looking at the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility vaccinated 99.40829 percent of its patients, which is higher than the majority of nursing homes. Surprisingly, this nursing home was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 1.31 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. Sadly, a few of its other scores in this category weren't as favorable as these.
Switching gears to the next category, this nursing home really did not perform well here either. Due to an abysmal grade of F in nursing, this is about as as uninspiring as it gets. The nursing score weighs quite a few data points, many of which are based on levels of nurse staffing. This facility provided just 2.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a very low total compared to most nursing homes. On top of receiving below average scores for total nursing hours, this facility was a bit less impressive in some of the quality-based measures we looked at in determining our nursing grades. We looked at the percentage of residents experiencing pressure ulcers and found this place was at roughly 1.5 times the national average in this metric.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Alden Debes Rehab & Hcc Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Alden Debes Rehab & Hcc, 8.96% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric indicates the percent of long-term patients that developed new or worsened pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are a solid indicator of nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Alden Debes Rehab & Hcc, 3.48% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care residents who experienced falls resulting in severe injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries could be an indicator of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Alden Debes Rehab & Hcc, 2.6% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered to be a barometer of nursing care . UTI's are often caused by worse hygiene protocols. However, this statistic could also be misleading for certain facilities due to varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Alden Debes Rehab & Hcc, 18.2% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients given antipsychotic drugs. These medications are sometimes used for treating a variety of medical conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Alden Debes Rehab & Hcc, 19.06% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of patients who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These medications are commonly used to treat patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Alden Debes Rehab & Hcc, 29.52% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term stay patients who are demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Alden Debes Rehab & Hcc, 87.71% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Alden Debes Rehab & Hcc, 14.14% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term care patients who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and bathing.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Alden Debes Rehab & Hcc, 19.35% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of patients who retained mobility levels over time. Retaining mobility is often a good sign for residents' health.
In Alden Debes Rehab & Hcc, 1.5 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Alden Debes Rehab & Hcc, 19.35 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. Staying out of the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the health of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Alden Debes Rehab & Hcc, 11.42 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Alden Debes Rehab & Hcc, 71.34% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percent of short-term stay patients who saw functional improvements.
Scores for Rockford, IL
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Rockford, Illinois has 11 other nursing homes
- Saint Anthony Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.53 miles away5666 East State Street Rockford Illinois 61108Voluntary non-profit - Church(815) 226-2000
- Swedish American HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.79 miles away1401 East State Street Rockford Illinois 61104Voluntary non-profit - Other(815) 968-4400
- Mercyhealth Hospital Rockton AvenueAcute Care Hospitals 5.59 miles away2400 North Rockton Avenue Rockford Illinois 61103Voluntary non-profit - Private(815) 968-6861
- Beloit Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.81 miles away1969 W Hart Rd Beloit Wisconsin 53511Voluntary non-profit - Private(608) 364-5011
- Davita - Roxbury Dialysis Center0.99 miles away622 Roxbury Road Rockford Illinois 61107CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (815) 397-0713
- Davita - Churchview Dialysis Center1.43 miles away417 Ware Avenue Rockford Illinois 61107CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (815) 397-4123
- Davita - Stone Crest Dialysis3.89 miles away1302 E. State St. Rockford Illinois 61104CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (815) 968-5794
- Davita - Rockford Dialysis5.99 miles away3339 N. Rockton Ave Rockford Illinois 61103CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (815) 636-4493
- Davita - Machesney Park Dialysis6.31 miles away7170 N. Perryville Road Machesney Park Illinois 61115CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (815) 885-8132
- Davita - Belvidere Dialysis7.06 miles away1751 Henry Luckow Lane Belvidere Illinois 61008Dialysis Stations: 12 (815) 544-0311
- Davita Forest City Dialysis7.54 miles away198 North Springfield Avenue Rockford Illinois 61101Dialysis Stations: 12 (815) 962-8914
- Beloit Health System - Dialysis19.94 miles away1969 W Hart Rd Beloit Wisconsin 53511Dialysis Stations: 18 (608) 364-5580