Alcott Rehabilitation Hospital is one of 35 nursing homes in Los Angeles, California. The city has quite a few more options than most cities in the country. It looks like this is a quality facility. We awarded this it an overall grade of B+, which is a strong rating. Based on our ratings, this place ought to meet the needs of most people. The best aspect of this facility's impressive report card is its inspection rating. Inspection reports are discussed in the next paragraph
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Alcott Rehabilitation Hospital
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Los Angeles senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
To pair with its strong overall grade, we gave this place an A- for our inspections rating. Our inspection scores weigh several factors included in a facility's inspection reports. One key criteria we rely on is the number and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with better grades in this category usually have few of these severe deficiencies. This facility received 7 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none were considered to be major deficiencies. This indicates that the government inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies an immediate risk to patient health or safety. The fact that none of the deficiencies were severe made us feel better about this inspection report.
This facility really excelled in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of A-. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. Nursing scores are primarily tied to a facility's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can frequently be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Alcott Rehabilitation Hospital?
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to an additional strength for this facility, we gave them one of our more favorable scores in our short-term care category as well, with a B. In computing our short-term care scores, we look at the nursing home's levels of skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists occupational therapists and other highly skilled individuals. This score is frequently a solid assessment of the facility's rehabilitation services. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 4.6 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we scored was long-term care, in which this facility was given a C. This actually proved to be this nursing home's least impressive category. This is still not a terrible score. Our long-term care scores are more critical for those needing more conventional assistance related to activities of daily living. On top of looking at the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home provided the vaccine to 100 percent of its residents, which is better than the vast majority of nursing homes. Lastly, this nursing home was also able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Alcott Rehabilitation Hospital Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Alcott Rehabilitation Hospital, 1.17% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin caused by remaining in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Alcott Rehabilitation Hospital, 1.33% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of residents who suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injuries are often caused by poor nursing care. Better nursing protocols minimizes the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Alcott Rehabilitation Hospital, 0% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of patients who have had a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes linked to inadequate hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Alcott Rehabilitation Hospital, 4.79% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint is an indication of the percent of long-term residents which were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Increased usage of these drugs may mean a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents in scenarios where such drugs are not medically indicated. However, some facilities may need to rely on these drugs due to having more patients suffering from cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Alcott Rehabilitation Hospital, 1.07% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents given antianxiety medications. These drugs are commonly prescribed to residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Alcott Rehabilitation Hospital, 0% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term patients showing depressive symptoms. Many in the industry believe this is a reasonable measure of resident quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Alcott Rehabilitation Hospital, 100% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term stay patients that were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home patients, making these types of vaccines critical to patient health.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Alcott Rehabilitation Hospital, 2.01% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living could indicate deterioration of a patient's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Alcott Rehabilitation Hospital, 2.24% of Residents
This tells you the percent of patients who retained mobility levels over time. Optimizing mobility can be a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Alcott Rehabilitation Hospital, 0.01 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of care. There is typically a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Alcott Rehabilitation Hospital, 2.24% of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Alcott Rehabilitation Hospital, 1.43% of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. There is a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Alcott Rehabilitation Hospital, 95.73% of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term stay patients that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of autonomy with ADL's typically correlates with superior rehabilitation.
Scores for Los Angeles, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-minus
Looking for more options? Los Angeles, California has 34 other nursing homes
- Saint Vincent Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.55 miles away2131 W 3rd St Los Angeles California 90057Voluntary non-profit - Church(213) 484-7111
- Southern California Hospital at HollywoodAcute Care Hospitals 3.07 miles away6245 De Longpre Ave Los Angeles California 90028Proprietary(323) 462-2271
- California Hospital Medical Center LaAcute Care Hospitals 3.15 miles away1401 South Grand Avenue Los Angeles California 90015Voluntary non-profit - Other(213) 748-2411
- Hollywood Presbyterian Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.3 miles away1300 N Vermont Ave Los Angeles California 90027Proprietary(213) 413-3000
- Children's Hosp of Los AngelesChildrens 3.45 miles away4650 Sunset Blvd, Ms 108 Los Angeles California 90027Voluntary non-profit - Private(323) 669-2164
- Cedars-Sinai Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4 miles away8700 Beverly Blvd Los Angeles California 90048Voluntary non-profit - Other(310) 423-5000
- Lac+Usc Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.1 miles away1200 N State St, Room c2k100 Los Angeles California 90033Government - Local(323) 226-2800
- Glendale Mem Hospital & Hlth CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.13 miles away1420 S Central Ave Glendale California 91204Voluntary non-profit - Private(818) 502-1900
- Fmc-Dialysis Services of Mid-Wilshire0.93 miles away3545 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 100-103 Los Angeles California 90010CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (213) 382-8864
- u.s. Renal Care Downtown Los Angeles Dialysis2.42 miles away2511 W 3rd Street, Suite 120 Los Angeles California 90057Dialysis Stations: 24 (213) 487-7730
- Davita-Silver Lake Dialysis2.62 miles away2723 W. Temple St Los Angeles California 90026CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (213) 480-3039
- St. Vincent Dialysis Center, Inc.2.65 miles away201 S. Alvarado Street, Suite 220 Los Angeles California 90057Dialysis Stations: 17 (213) 484-7425
- Davita-Los Angeles Dialysis Center2.68 miles away3901 S. Western Avenue Los Angeles California 90062CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (323) 294-0670
- Davita-Los Angeles Downtown3.03 miles away2021 S. Flower Street Los Angeles California 90007CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (213) 745-4222
- u.s. Renal Care Grand Home Program3.05 miles away1145 West 6th Street, Suite 100 Los Angeles California 90017Dialysis Stations: 3 (213) 250-9758
- u.s. Renal Care Los Angeles Dialysis3.08 miles away1125 W. 6th Street, Suite 101 Los Angeles California 90017CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (213) 481-3041