Albuquerque Post Acute is an average-sized nursing home located in Albuquerque, New Mexico. This nursing home received an overall grade of C, which is a middle of the road rating. This grade isn't too far off the city grade for Albuquerque, which is a B-. One of the highlights of this facility's report card is its impressive inspection grade, which you can find in the next section.
Albuquerque Post Acute
Updated May 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
1509 University Boulevard Ne,
Albuquerque NM 87102
91.09% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
This nursing home's best category grade came in the category of inspections. In that category, we gave this facility a grade of B+. It outperformed most nursing homes in this category. Perhaps the most important factor we consider in calculating our inspection ratings is deficiencies. These deficiencies are found on a nursing home's inspection reports. Facilities with higher scores in this category typically dodged the more severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. This nursing home was assessed 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none were considered to be major deficiencies. This tells you that the inspectors didn't deem any of these deficiencies to pose an immediate threat to patient safety or health. A couple minor deficiencies shouldn't lead you to cross a nursing home off your list.
Long-term Care Quality
The second most favorable area we awarded this facility in any area came in the category of long-term care, where we awarded it a B-. Long-term care ratings are pivotal for people requiring personal care. Once we finished looking at the quantity of nursing care, we then looked at the facility's vaccination data. We were pleased to discover that this nursing home vaccinates 99.05063 percent of its residents against pneumonia. The last datapoint we assessed is the facility's hospitalization rate. Although it had 2.54 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, its risk adjusted score was not too far off the national average.
Does this page answer your questions about Albuquerque Post Acute?
This nursing home's nursing grade appears to be one of its better features. The facility received a grade of B- in this category. Nursing ratings are heavily correlated with nurse staffing levels. This nursing home provides 3.9 hours of nursing care per resident on a daily basis. This is better than average. In determining our nursing ratings, we apply more weight to hours performed by more highly skilled nurses such as registered or licensed nurses. Finally, this place was relatively weak in two of the major areas we focus on, with subpar scores for minimizing its patients' pressure ulcers and major falls.
Short-term Care Quality
The next category we graded is short-term care. We gave it a grade of B- in this category. This is not a bad grade in this category. Short-term care scores are based in part on a nursing home's quantity of highly-skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This means a vast scope of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, not to mention other types of therapy. We were pleased to find that this nursing home employs both registered nurses and physical therapists. The same can't be said for all nursing homes. The final datapoint we looked at in this area is the number of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. It was respectable in this area with 48.5 percent of its residents returning home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Albuquerque Post Acute Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Albuquerque Post Acute, 9.52% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage due to remaining in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Albuquerque Post Acute, 3.05% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents that have had a major fall. Falls resulting in major injuries are considered to be a barometer of nursing care at a nursing home. Falls which result in injury are routinely caused by lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Albuquerque Post Acute, 1.61% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections could be linked to poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Albuquerque Post Acute, 16.99% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many residents, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used only where medically required. In some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may mean that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Albuquerque Post Acute, 14.25% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of residents given antianxiety medications. These medications are typically used to treat patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Albuquerque Post Acute, 3.06% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Albuquerque Post Acute, 89.52% of Patients
This is the percent of patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Albuquerque Post Acute, 17.16% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of residents that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Albuquerque Post Acute, 20.87% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of residents who remained mobile levels over time. Retaining mobility can be a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Albuquerque Post Acute, 1.3 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Albuquerque Post Acute, 20.87 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. Minimizing rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Albuquerque Post Acute, 15.42 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to measure the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Albuquerque Post Acute, 64.62% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percent of short-term patients that saw functional improvements.
Scores for Albuquerque, NM
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-minus
Looking for more options? Albuquerque, New Mexico has 16 other nursing homes
- Unm HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.05 miles away2211 Lomas Boulevard Ne Albuquerque New Mexico 87106Voluntary non-profit - Other(505) 272-2111
- Lovelace Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.22 miles away601 Dr Martin Luther King Jr Ave Ne Albuquerque New Mexico 87102Voluntary non-profit - Private(505) 727-8000
- Presbyterian HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.3 miles away1100 Central Avenue Se Albuquerque New Mexico 87106Voluntary non-profit - Private(505) 724-8386
- Lovelace Women's HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.96 miles away4701 Montgomery Boulevard Ne Albuquerque New Mexico 87109Government - State(505) 727-7805
- Lovelace Westside HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.89 miles away10501 Golf Course Road Nw Albuquerque New Mexico 87114Proprietary(505) 727-2001
- Unm Sandoval Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.55 miles away3001 Broadmoor Blvd Ne Rio Rancho New Mexico 87144Voluntary non-profit - Private(505) 994-7402
- Albuquerque Dialysis (Dci)0.19 miles away1500 Indian School Rd Ne Albuquerque New Mexico 87102CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (505) 724-1500
- Fresenius Kidney Care Home Dialysis of New Mexico LLC0.84 miles away700 Lomas Blvd Ne Three Woodward Center Albuquerque New Mexico 87102Dialysis Stations: 3 (505) 842-5210
- Unm Pediatric Dialysis1.98 miles away2211 Lomas Blvd Ne Box 256 Albuquerque New Mexico 87106Dialysis Stations: 4 (505) 925-4387
- New Mexico Artificial Kidney Center (Fmc)3.32 miles away1600 Randolph Se Ste 100 Albuquerque New Mexico 87106Dialysis Stations: 21 (505) 244-3633
- Albuquerque East (Dci)3.43 miles away905 Louisiana Blvd Ne Albuquerque New Mexico 87110CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (505) 254-1800
- Del Norte Dialysis3.62 miles away5201 San Mateo Blvd Ne Albuquerque New Mexico 87109Dialysis Stations: 17 (505) 884-4820
- North Albuquerque Dialysis Center (Fmc)3.62 miles away5200 San Mateo Blvd Ne Albuquerque New Mexico 87109CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (505) 883-7599
- Gibson Dialysis Center (Fmc)3.95 miles away5400 Gibson Blvd Se Ssuite 100 Albuquerque New Mexico 87108Dialysis Stations: 25 (505) 255-0111