Albuquerque Heights Healthcare and Rehabilitation is a nursing home located in Albuquerque, New Mexico which has 641,349 people. Sporting an overall score of B, this facility is a quality choice. Indeed, this turned out to be better than most of the nursing homes in Albuquerque. The best part of this facility's impressive profile was its short-term care grade. We discuss short-term care in the next paragraph
Albuquerque Heights Healthcare and Rehabilitation
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Top Nursing Home in New Mexico Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
On top of receiving a strong overall grade, this nursing home fared well in our short-term care category. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A- for that category. In calculating our short-term care ratings, we quantify the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. Our objective is to create a tool for sizing up the rehabilitation services of different facilities. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we looked at the percentage of patients that returned home from this nursing home. We found that 5.6 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Among its many impressive scores, this facility received an excellent nursing score. We gave it a grade of B+ in that area. Nursing scores are mostly tied to the facility's nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can typically be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as employing a system of moving patients at least once a day.
Does this page answer your questions about Albuquerque Heights Healthcare and Rehabilitation?
Adding to its strong resume, this facility earned a grade of B for its inspections rating. This is a well above average score in this category. Arguably the most critical factor we consider in calculating our inspection scores is deficiencies. These deficiencies are found on a facility's inspection reports. Places with better grades in this area most likely avoided the most severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. This particular nursing home received 5 deficiencies on its inspection report. Overall, this is still a good inspection report, but we'd always recommend looking into any deficiencies you find troubling.
Long-term Care Quality
The final category we rated is long-term care. We gave this nursing home a grade of C in this area. Our long-term care grades are more meaningful for those requiring more conventional services associated with personal care. After assessing the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination statistics. This nursing home vaccinated 91.489365 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which is slightly less than we anticipated but still a respectable figure. Fortunately, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Albuquerque Heights Healthcare and Rehabilitation Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Albuquerque Heights Healthcare and Rehabilitation, 8.5% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of patients that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin caused by staying in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Albuquerque Heights Healthcare and Rehabilitation, 3.08% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic indicates the percent of long-term stay residents who have sustained falls which caused serious injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries may be an indication of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Albuquerque Heights Healthcare and Rehabilitation, 1.47% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of patients who have had a urinary tract infection. These infections may be associated with insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Albuquerque Heights Healthcare and Rehabilitation, 16.78% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be helpful for many residents, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used appropriately. In some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may mean a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Albuquerque Heights Healthcare and Rehabilitation, 13.49% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients who were given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are prescribed to patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Albuquerque Heights Healthcare and Rehabilitation, 3.19% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Albuquerque Heights Healthcare and Rehabilitation, 88.36% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home patients, making these vaccines important for resident well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Albuquerque Heights Healthcare and Rehabilitation, 16.72% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's could be a sign of the decline of a patient's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Albuquerque Heights Healthcare and Rehabilitation, 18.98% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term patients that maintained mobility.
In Albuquerque Heights Healthcare and Rehabilitation, 1.28 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Albuquerque Heights Healthcare and Rehabilitation, 18.98 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Albuquerque Heights Healthcare and Rehabilitation, 15.18 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Albuquerque Heights Healthcare and Rehabilitation, 65.79% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percentage of short-term care residents that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some believe this is a reliable measure of rehabilitation services.
Scores for Albuquerque, NM
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-minus
Looking for more options? Albuquerque, New Mexico has 17 other nursing homes
- Lovelace Women's HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.13 miles away4701 Montgomery Boulevard Ne Albuquerque New Mexico 87109Government - State(505) 727-7805
- Unm HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.49 miles away2211 Lomas Boulevard Ne Albuquerque New Mexico 87106Voluntary non-profit - Other(505) 272-2111
- Presbyterian HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.28 miles away1100 Central Avenue Se Albuquerque New Mexico 87106Voluntary non-profit - Private(505) 724-8386
- Lovelace Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.28 miles away601 Dr Martin Luther King Jr Ave Ne Albuquerque New Mexico 87102Voluntary non-profit - Private(505) 727-8000
- Lovelace Westside HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.1 miles away10501 Golf Course Road Nw Albuquerque New Mexico 87114Proprietary(505) 727-2001
- Unm Sandoval Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.02 miles away3001 Broadmoor Blvd Ne Rio Rancho New Mexico 87144Voluntary non-profit - Private(505) 994-7402
- North Albuquerque Dialysis Center (Fmc)0.56 miles away5200 San Mateo Blvd Ne Albuquerque New Mexico 87109CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (505) 883-7599
- Del Norte Dialysis0.58 miles away5201 San Mateo Blvd Ne Albuquerque New Mexico 87109Dialysis Stations: 17 (505) 884-4820
- Albuquerque Dialysis (Dci)3.24 miles away1500 Indian School Rd Ne Albuquerque New Mexico 87102CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (505) 724-1500
- Liberty Albuquerque Dialysis (Fmc)3.27 miles away3810 Commons Ave Ne Albuquerque New Mexico 87109Dialysis Stations: 19 (505) 345-1224
- Albuquerque East (Dci)3.27 miles away905 Louisiana Blvd Ne Albuquerque New Mexico 87110CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (505) 254-1800
- Fresenius Kidney Care Home Dialysis of New Mexico LLC3.91 miles away700 Lomas Blvd Ne Three Woodward Center Albuquerque New Mexico 87102Dialysis Stations: 3 (505) 842-5210
- Unm Pediatric Dialysis4.39 miles away2211 Lomas Blvd Ne Box 256 Albuquerque New Mexico 87106Dialysis Stations: 4 (505) 925-4387
- Albuquerque Kidney Center (Fmc)4.9 miles away11296 Lomas Blvd Ne Albuquerque New Mexico 87112CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (505) 298-5557