Alaris Health at the Fountains is the lone option we found in Secaucus, New Jersey. With an overall rating of B-, this is likely a decent facility. You could definitely do worse than this place. We were also pleased to find that this facility was consistent in all four of the major categories we assessed. More information about its category grades can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Alaris Health at the Fountains
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Secaucus senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Catheter Care
- Radiation Therapy
- Aquatic Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
While this nursing home's overall grade was decent, it really fared well in the area of inspections. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A- for that category, which is one of our best scores. Perhaps the most significant factor we look at in determining our inspection ratings is deficiencies. Deficiencies are found on a facility's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes with better scores in this category most likely dodged the more severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility's next best area was its long-term care score, where it was given a grade of B-. Long-term care grades are used to gauge a facility's performance as a traditional nursing home, as opposed to focusing more on the skilled nursing services offered by a skilled nursing facility. Once we finished looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses, we then looked at the facility's vaccination record. We were a bit bothered by the fact that this nursing home vaccinated a relatively low 90.3527 percent of its residents against pneumonia. Fortunately, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Alaris Health at the Fountains?
This facility's next best category was its nursing grade, where it received a grade of B-. Our nursing grade weighs numerous subcategories. The most important one is the quantity of hours nurses spend with residents. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Finally, our nursing grades also consider quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. Despite not having the highest total nursing hours, this place performed admirably in the metric of preventing major falls. This is generally a reliable indicator that a facility has quality controls in place. Many falls could be avoided if a nursing home provides enough nurses to assist its patients.
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to our final area, this nursing home received a C in short-term care, which we consider to be a decent grade. In the area of short-term care, we attempt to assess measures of a nursing home's rehabilitation. We look at the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses and physical, occupational and other therapists. It doesn't appear that this nursing home provided information on registered nurse or physical therapist staffing. Finally, we considered the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 4.8 percent of this facility's residents returned home. At most facilities, closer to half of their patients are able to return home so this figure is below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Alaris Health at the Fountains Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Alaris Health at the Fountains, 9.44% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic gauges the percentage of long-term residents which have new or worsened pressure ulcers . We use this statistic in calculating both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Alaris Health at the Fountains, 1.76% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of residents that sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injury are considered to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care . Falls are often caused by lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Alaris Health at the Fountains, 1.21% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many experts to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely associated with a facility with worst hygiene practices. However, this metric could be skewed for some nursing homes due to different reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Alaris Health at the Fountains, 10.69% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients who were given antipsychotic drugs. These medications may be used to treat a variety of medical conditions, including cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Alaris Health at the Fountains, 19.9% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents who are prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are commonly used to treat patients experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Alaris Health at the Fountains, 0% of Patients
This is the percent of patients showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Alaris Health at the Fountains, 92.81% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term care residents who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for seniors, making these vaccines critical to patient health.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Alaris Health at the Fountains, 10.83% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Alaris Health at the Fountains, 9.08% of Residents
This tells you the percentage of patients who maintained mobility over time. Retaining mobility is often a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Alaris Health at the Fountains, 0.02 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. There is typically a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Alaris Health at the Fountains, 9.08% of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Minimizing rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the health of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Alaris Health at the Fountains, 8.52% of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Alaris Health at the Fountains, 91.11% of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term stay patients who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of performance with activities of daily living typically correlates with higher quality rehabilitation services.
- Hudson Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.95 miles away55 Meadowlands Pkwy Secaucus New Jersey 07094Proprietary(201) 392-3200
- Carepoint Health-Hoboken University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.21 miles away308 Willow Ave Hoboken New Jersey 07030Voluntary non-profit - Church(201) 418-1000
- Palisades Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.24 miles away7600 River Rd North Bergen New Jersey 07047Voluntary non-profit - Private(201) 854-5000
- Carepoint Health-Christ HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.46 miles away176 Palisade Ave Jersey City New Jersey 07306Voluntary non-profit - Church(201) 795-8200
- Mount Sinai WestAcute Care Hospitals 3.68 miles away1000 Tenth Avenue New York New York 10019Voluntary non-profit - Private(212) 523-4000
- Jersey City Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.73 miles away355 Grand Street Jersey City New Jersey 07302Voluntary non-profit - Private(201) 915-2000
- Lenox Hill HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.01 miles away100 East 77th Street New York New York 10021Voluntary non-profit - Private(212) 439-2345
- Nyu Langone HospitalsAcute Care Hospitals 5.11 miles away550 First Avenue New York New York 10016Voluntary non-profit - Private(212) 263-7300
- Fkc Secaucus1.02 miles away200 Meadowslands Parkway Suite 200a Secaucus New Jersey 07094Dialysis Stations: 19 (201) 583-6650
- Fmc Union Hill1.61 miles away508 31st Street Union City New Jersey 07087CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (201) 902-9382
- Davita Jersey City Akc No Bergen1.86 miles away1310 5th Street North Bergen New Jersey 07047CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (201) 770-9220
- Fmc Hoboken Dialysis Ctr2.4 miles away1600 Willow Ave Hoboken New Jersey 07030Dialysis Stations: 16 (201) 656-7500
- Davita Dialysis at Palisades Medical Center3.21 miles away7650 River Road Suite 150 North Bergen New Jersey 07047Dialysis Stations: 19 (201) 861-1031
- Rogosin West Side3.41 miles away619 West 54th Street New York New York 10019CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (646) 317-0402
- Fmc Fairview3.65 miles away155-161 Bergen Blvd Fairview New Jersey 07022CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (201) 941-6601
- Davita Lyndhurst Dialysis3.69 miles away554-a New York Avenue Lyndhurst New Jersey 07071Dialysis Stations: 19 (201) 933-4782