Alaris Health at the Chateau is a nursing home located in Rochelle Park, New Jersey. This city has a total of 5,530 people. This facility was awarded an A- overall, which is a very strong score. We were so impressed with this facility that we ranked it in the top third of all nursing homes in the country. This place's strong report card was highlighted by its inspection reports, which you can find in the next section.
Alaris Health at the Chateau
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Aquatic Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
On top of performing well overall, this nursing home also received a nearly flawless inspection report. As a result, it earned one of our highest scores in that category with an A+. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in calculating our inspection grades. One key factor is deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of these deficiencies is usually more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some deficiencies end up being relatively insignificant. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
Short-term Care Quality
Compounding its dominant accomplishments in other areas, we awarded this facility a grade of A for its short-term care grade. Our short-term care ratings are thought to be most critical for patients in need of a nursing home for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually utilizes higher levels of highly-skilled nursing services. This includes not only nursing, but also physical and occupational therapy, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. However, according to the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last measure we assessed in this area is the number of residents who were able to leave the facility and return home. We found that 5.9 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Alaris Health at the Chateau?
Among its many impressive grades, this facility received an excellent nursing grade. In fact, we gave it a grade of A- in that category. When calculating a nursing home's nursing score, we consider the number of hours nurses spend with residents and the level of licensure of the nurses. This particular nursing home provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can frequently be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
The last category we graded is nursing, ended up being this nursing home's worst area. We awarded this facility a grade of D in this category. This was one of the few weak points of an otherwise impressive profile. In computing our long-term care ratings, we look at the facility's ability to maintain its permanent residents' health and quality of life. In addition to looking at the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility provided the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients. To our surprise, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0.03 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this facility has fewer hospitalizations than most nursing homes. Unfortunately, some of its other scores in the category were not as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Alaris Health at the Chateau Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Alaris Health at the Chateau, 9.28% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric is an indication of the percentage of long-term stay patients that have new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We use this statistic in calculating both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Alaris Health at the Chateau, 2.53% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is an indication of the percentage of long-term patients who had a fall which resulted in serious injury. This is one of the statistics we use in calculating nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Alaris Health at the Chateau, 1.65% of Patients had UTIs
This figure gauges the percentage of long-term residents who have had a urinary tract infection. Although a higher rate of these infections may reflect poorly on a facility's cleanliness, it can be difficult to compare between facilities due to facilities having varying reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Alaris Health at the Chateau, 10.6% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. These medications are sometimes used for a variety of medical conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Alaris Health at the Chateau, 17.42% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic tells you the percent of long-term stay residents that were given antianxiety drugs. These medications are given to residents suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Alaris Health at the Chateau, 5.95% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay residents exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Alaris Health at the Chateau, 91.97% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients that were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Alaris Health at the Chateau, 10.68% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and taking a bath. Some believe that this is a reasonable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Alaris Health at the Chateau, 12.9% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of patients who remained mobile levels over time. Retaining mobility can be a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Alaris Health at the Chateau, 1.68 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of care. There is usually a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and the overall quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Alaris Health at the Chateau, 12.9 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical abilities of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Alaris Health at the Chateau, 8.37 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Alaris Health at the Chateau, 80.92% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term care residents who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of independence with activities of daily living typically correlates with superior rehabilitation services.
- Hackensack University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.32 miles away30 Prospect Ave Hackensack New Jersey 07601Voluntary non-profit - Private(551) 996-2000
- Holy Name Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.62 miles away718 Teaneck Rd Teaneck New Jersey 07666Voluntary non-profit - Private(201) 833-3000
- St Mary's General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.23 miles away350 Boulevard Passaic New Jersey 07055Proprietary(973) 365-4300
- Bergen New Bridge Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.34 miles away230 East Ridgewood Ave Paramus New Jersey 07652Government - Local(201) 967-4000
- St Joseph's University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.7 miles away703 Main St Paterson New Jersey 07503Voluntary non-profit - Church(973) 754-2010
- Englewood Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.6 miles away350 Engle St Englewood New Jersey 07631Voluntary non-profit - Private(201) 894-3000
- Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.1 miles away223 N Van Dien Avenue Ridgewood New Jersey 07450Voluntary non-profit - Private(201) 447-8000
- Hackensack Meridian Health Pascack Valley MedicalAcute Care Hospitals 6.86 miles away250 Old Hook Road Westwood New Jersey 07675Proprietary(201) 383-1035
- Davita Hackensack0.43 miles away113 West Essex Street Maywood New Jersey 07607CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (201) 843-3875
- Fresenius Medical Care Hackensack1.05 miles away458 Passaic Street Hackensack New Jersey 07601Dialysis Stations: 19 (201) 342-0801
- Fresenius Medical Care Paramus2.37 miles away37 West Century Road Suite 108 Paramus New Jersey 07652CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (201) 262-0429
- Fmc Bergen Rcc2.5 miles away647 Cedar Lane Teaneck New Jersey 07666CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (201) 692-1113
- Teterboro Dialysis2.66 miles away502 Route 46 West Teterboro New Jersey 07608Dialysis Stations: 18 (201) 288-0249
- Fmc Bergen Renal Home3.24 miles away222 Cedar Lane Suite 103 Teaneck New Jersey 07666Dialysis Stations: 2 (201) 692-0004
- Ara Clifton Dialysis Center3.45 miles away251 Clifton Avenue Unit A Clifton New Jersey 07011Dialysis Stations: 13 (973) 546-3750
- Holy Name Renal Care Center, LLC3.54 miles away718 Teaneck Road Teaneck New Jersey 07666CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (201) 833-1701