Alaris Health at the Chateau is a small nursing home located in Rochelle Park, New Jersey. This facility was given an A- overall, which is one of our best grades. We can't find many negative things to say about this place. Its ratings are impeccable. This place's strong report card was highlighted by its inspection reports, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
Alaris Health at the Chateau
Updated May 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
Rochelle Park NJ 07662
267.12% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for our inspections rating. Inspection ratings weigh several factors, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can find more information about each of these issues by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility also was awarded a first-rate short-term care score. Indeed, this turned out to be its second best category score. In that category, this facility received a grade of A. With our short-term care category, we seek to create a fair gauge for rehabilitation services. In this process, we look at the facility's scope of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as respiratory therapy. This facility is substantially above average in terms of its quantity of both physical therapy and registered nurse hours offered to its patients. The facility offered approximately 1.5 times as much care per resident from both of these groups of skilled professionals than the average nursing home provided. The final statistic we assessed in this area is the percentage of residents that returned home from the facility. We found that it performed as well as just about any facility in New Jersey in this area with 61.7 percent of its patients returning home.
Does this page answer your questions about Alaris Health at the Chateau?
Adding to its impressive resume, this nursing home also excelled in our nursing category. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A- for that category. Nursing ratings are tied to quality and quantity of nursing care. This facility boasts a really impressive 4.5 hours of nursing care per patient daily, of which a significant portion of those hours were provided by registered nurses. This is one of the most highly highly trained levels of nurses. On top of offering high levels of care, this facility also performed well in several of the quality measures we looked at. In terms of the number of its patients suffering falls leading to serious injury, this facility performed as well as any nursing home the nation.
Long-term Care Quality
The last category we rated was long-term care, which is a weak link for this nursing home. We gave this nursing home a grade of D for our long-term care category, making this the nursing home's least impressive category. We'd nevertheless suggest that you consider all of a nursing home's grades. For prospective residents seeking a permanent residence rather than rehabilitation, long-term care is an important category. Due to its grade in this category, we were pleasantly surprised to learn that this facility received good marks in both nursing hours and its vaccination records. In fact, this facility gave the pneumonia vaccine to 99.80916 percent of its residents. This percentage is actually better than most nursing homes. To our surprise, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. While it had 2.49 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, its risk adjusted score was not bad due to it having some more complex patients.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Alaris Health at the Chateau Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Alaris Health at the Chateau, 9.57% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint is is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents that have new or worsened pressure ulcers. We have found that pressure ulcers are an measure of quality of care.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Alaris Health at the Chateau, 2.59% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure gauges the percentage of long-term stay patients that experienced a fall which caused severe injury. We use this statistic in calculating nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Alaris Health at the Chateau, 1.67% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often the result of nursing homes with worse hygiene protocols. Better nursing care reduces the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. Keep in mind that this metric is affected by by the fact that nursing homes have incongruent reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Alaris Health at the Chateau, 10.61% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These drugs are sometimes used to treat a variety of conditions, including cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Alaris Health at the Chateau, 17.39% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are generally used to treat residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Alaris Health at the Chateau, 5.91% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients who are showing signs of depression. Some would argue that this is a measure of patient quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Alaris Health at the Chateau, 92.7% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Alaris Health at the Chateau, 11.08% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Alaris Health at the Chateau, 14.69% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay patients that were able to retain mobility.
In Alaris Health at the Chateau, 1.49 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. There is usually a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Alaris Health at the Chateau, 14.69 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Alaris Health at the Chateau, 8.11 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to assess patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Alaris Health at the Chateau, 81.01% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term stay residents who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of performance with ADL's generally correlates with superior rehabilitation services.
- Hackensack University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.32 miles away30 Prospect Ave Hackensack New Jersey 07601Voluntary non-profit - Private(551) 996-2000
- Holy Name Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.62 miles away718 Teaneck Rd Teaneck New Jersey 07666Voluntary non-profit - Private(201) 833-3000
- St Mary's General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.23 miles away350 Boulevard Passaic New Jersey 07055Proprietary(973) 365-4300
- Bergen New Bridge Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.34 miles away230 East Ridgewood Ave Paramus New Jersey 07652Government - Local(201) 967-4000
- St Joseph's University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.7 miles away703 Main St Paterson New Jersey 07503Voluntary non-profit - Church(973) 754-2010
- Englewood Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.6 miles away350 Engle St Englewood New Jersey 07631Voluntary non-profit - Private(201) 894-3000
- Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.1 miles away223 N Van Dien Avenue Ridgewood New Jersey 07450Voluntary non-profit - Private(201) 447-8000
- Hackensack Meridian Health Pascack Valley MedicalAcute Care Hospitals 6.86 miles away250 Old Hook Road Westwood New Jersey 07675Proprietary(201) 383-1035
- Davita Hackensack0.43 miles away113 West Essex Street Maywood New Jersey 07607CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (201) 843-3875
- Fresenius Medical Care Hackensack1.05 miles away458 Passaic Street Hackensack New Jersey 07601Dialysis Stations: 19 (201) 342-0801
- Fresenius Medical Care Paramus2.37 miles away37 West Century Road Suite 108 Paramus New Jersey 07652CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (201) 262-0429
- Fmc Bergen Rcc2.5 miles away647 Cedar Lane Teaneck New Jersey 07666CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (201) 692-1113
- Teterboro Dialysis2.66 miles away502 Route 46 West Teterboro New Jersey 07608Dialysis Stations: 18 (201) 288-0249
- Fmc Bergen Renal Home3.24 miles away222 Cedar Lane Suite 103 Teaneck New Jersey 07666Dialysis Stations: 2 (201) 692-0004
- Ara Clifton Dialysis Center3.45 miles away251 Clifton Avenue Unit A Clifton New Jersey 07011Dialysis Stations: 13 (973) 546-3750
- Holy Name Renal Care Center, LLC3.54 miles away718 Teaneck Road Teaneck New Jersey 07666CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (201) 833-1701