Alaris Health at the Chateau is a nursing home located in Rochelle Park, New Jersey. This city has a total of 5,530 people. This facility was awarded an A- overall, which is a very strong score. We were so impressed with this facility that we ranked it in the top 25 percent of all nursing homes nationally. This nursing home's strong report card was highlighted by its inspection score, which we will address in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Alaris Health at the Chateau
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Rochelle Park senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Aquatic Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a great nursing home overall, it also received A+ health inspections in recent years. Its inspections were virtually perfect. Our inspection grades weigh several factors found on a nursing home's inspection report. One key criteria we consider is the number and severity of deficiencies. Places with higher scores in this area usually have few severe deficiencies. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
Short-term Care Quality
We also gave this nursing home a score of A+ for its short-term care grade. Our short-term care grades are arguably most critical for those needing rehabilitation from their nursing home. Rehabilitation typically mandates more skilled nursing. This includes not just nursing services, but also physical and speech therapy, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final metric we considered in this category is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We discovered that 5.9 percent of this nursing home's patients were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Alaris Health at the Chateau?
Adding to its strong resume, this facility also received an excellent nursing score, with a grade of A-. There are many criteria within this area. Many of the factors are tied to nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well when it comes to avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we rated was long-term care. In this area, we gave this nursing home a decent grade of B-. This was this facility's worst area. Long-term care scores are based on the nursing home's amount of nursing care. This means a vast spectrum of personal care services, ranging from assistance with activities of daily living to routine medical services. One of the factors we considered on top of nurse's aid hours is vaccines. Thankfully, this facility provided the pneumonia vaccine to 100 percent of its residents. This place keeps its patients out of the hospital. It had only 0.04 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Alaris Health at the Chateau Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Alaris Health at the Chateau, 8.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is a measure of the percent of long-term residents which suffer from new or worsened pressure ulcers . We consider this statistic when determining our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Alaris Health at the Chateau, 2.79% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents who sustained a major fall. Falls leading to serious injuries are considered to be a barometer of nursing care at a nursing home. Falls leading to injury are often the result of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Alaris Health at the Chateau, 1.44% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of patients that have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are often linked to worse hygiene protocols. Additional nurse staffing minimizes the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. Note that this metric is affected by by the fact that nursing homes have incongruent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Alaris Health at the Chateau, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be helpful for many residents, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used appropriately. In some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest that a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Alaris Health at the Chateau, 17.29% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of patients who were prescribed antianxiety medications. These drugs are typically prescribed to residents experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Alaris Health at the Chateau, 6.37% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who are exhibiting depressive symptoms. High levels of depression could be an indicator lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Alaris Health at the Chateau, 89.73% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients that were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Alaris Health at the Chateau, 10.05% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and taking a bath. Some believe that this is a reasonable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Alaris Health at the Chateau, 10.04% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of patients who remained mobile levels over time. Retaining mobility can be a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Alaris Health at the Chateau, 1.88 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of care. There is usually a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and the overall quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Alaris Health at the Chateau, 10.04 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical abilities of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Alaris Health at the Chateau, 9.47 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Alaris Health at the Chateau, 81.82% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term care residents who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of independence with activities of daily living typically correlates with superior rehabilitation services.
- Hackensack University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.32 miles away30 Prospect Ave Hackensack New Jersey 07601Voluntary non-profit - Private(551) 996-2000
- Holy Name Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.62 miles away718 Teaneck Rd Teaneck New Jersey 07666Voluntary non-profit - Private(201) 833-3000
- St Mary's General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.23 miles away350 Boulevard Passaic New Jersey 07055Proprietary(973) 365-4300
- Bergen New Bridge Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.34 miles away230 East Ridgewood Ave Paramus New Jersey 07652Government - Local(201) 967-4000
- St Joseph's University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.7 miles away703 Main St Paterson New Jersey 07503Voluntary non-profit - Church(973) 754-2010
- Englewood Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.6 miles away350 Engle St Englewood New Jersey 07631Voluntary non-profit - Private(201) 894-3000
- Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.1 miles away223 N Van Dien Avenue Ridgewood New Jersey 07450Voluntary non-profit - Private(201) 447-8000
- Hackensack Meridian Health Pascack Valley MedicalAcute Care Hospitals 6.86 miles away250 Old Hook Road Westwood New Jersey 07675Proprietary(201) 383-1035
- Davita Hackensack0.43 miles away113 West Essex Street Maywood New Jersey 07607CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (201) 843-3875
- Fresenius Medical Care Hackensack1.05 miles away458 Passaic Street Hackensack New Jersey 07601Dialysis Stations: 19 (201) 342-0801
- Fresenius Medical Care Paramus2.37 miles away37 West Century Road Suite 108 Paramus New Jersey 07652CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (201) 262-0429
- Fmc Bergen Rcc2.5 miles away647 Cedar Lane Teaneck New Jersey 07666CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (201) 692-1113
- Teterboro Dialysis2.66 miles away502 Route 46 West Teterboro New Jersey 07608Dialysis Stations: 18 (201) 288-0249
- Fmc Bergen Renal Home3.24 miles away222 Cedar Lane Suite 103 Teaneck New Jersey 07666Dialysis Stations: 2 (201) 692-0004
- Ara Clifton Dialysis Center3.45 miles away251 Clifton Avenue Unit A Clifton New Jersey 07011Dialysis Stations: 13 (973) 546-3750
- Holy Name Renal Care Center, LLC3.54 miles away718 Teaneck Road Teaneck New Jersey 07666CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (201) 833-1701