Alaris Health at The Chateau is a very-large facility located in Rochelle Park, New Jersey. With an A- overall grade, we ranked this facility in the top quarter of all facilities in the country. Based on our ratings, this place is just about as as good as it gets. The best aspect of this facility's impressive report card was its inspection rating. Inspection reports are discussed in the next section
Alaris Health at The Chateau
- Nursing Home
Updated Jan 1, 2021 by Nick Lata
Note: Data for Alaris Health at The Chateau has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Aquatic Therapy
One of the reasons this turned out to be a quality nursing home is that it earned an A+ inspection grade. This is as good as it gets in this very important category. Arguably the most significant factor we look at in determining our inspection ratings is deficiencies. Deficiencies can be found on a facility's inspection reports. Facilities with better grades in this area most likely dodged the most severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. Fortunately, although this facility had some minor dings on its report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means CMS didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
To add to its top-shelf accomplishments in other areas, we awarded this facility a grade of A for our long-term care rating. Nursing homes that do well in long-term care tend to be well-staffed and offer extensive hands on care to residents. Once we concluded our assessment of the volume of care provided by nurses, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination data. This nursing home vaccinated 99.250374 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which is what we like to see. Pneumonia can be a life or death illness for nursing home residents so we like it when a nursing home doesn't take any chances. Lastly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Alaris Health at The Chateau?
Another one of this facility's impressive category grades came in the area of nursing care. We awarded them one of our better scores in that area, with a grade of B+. When determining a facility's nursing rating, we consider the quantity of hours nurses commit to residents as well as the levels of training of the nurses. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility New Jersey in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can typically be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as by employing a protocol of moving residents more often.
Short-term Care Quality
The next area we analyzed was short-term care, in which this nursing home was given a B-. Even though this ended up being its worst category grade, this is still not a bad grade. In computing these short-term care ratings, we assess the facility's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, speech therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. The goal is to create a measure for sizing up the rehabilitation services of nursing homes. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last metric we looked at in this area is the number of patients that eventually returned home from the nursing home. We found that just 3.7 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Alaris Health at The Chateau Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Alaris Health at The Chateau, 9.28% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of residents that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are routinely the result of patients staying in one position for too long. Better nursing care limits the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Alaris Health at The Chateau, 2.53% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care patients who experienced falls which resulted in severe injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls could be an indicator of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Alaris Health at The Chateau, 1.65% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are often linked to worse hygiene protocols. Better nursing care can reduce the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. Keep in mind that this statistic is sometimes skewed by the fact that facilities have different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Alaris Health at The Chateau, 10.6% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These drugs may be used to treat several conditions, including dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Alaris Health at The Chateau, 17.42% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of patients who were given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are prescribed to residents experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Alaris Health at The Chateau, 5.95% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients who are exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Alaris Health at The Chateau, 91.97% of Patients
This is the percent of patients who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Alaris Health at The Chateau, 10.68% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Alaris Health at The Chateau, 12.9% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of patients that were able to retain mobility over time. Preserving mobility is often a great sign for residents' health.
In Alaris Health at The Chateau, 1.68 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Alaris Health at The Chateau, 12.9 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care. Staying out of the hospital during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical abilities of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Alaris Health at The Chateau, 8.37 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Alaris Health at The Chateau, 80.92% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term care patients who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- Hackensack University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.32 miles away30 Prospect Ave Hackensack New Jersey 07601Voluntary non-profit - Private(551) 996-2000
- Holy Name Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.62 miles away718 Teaneck Rd Teaneck New Jersey 07666Voluntary non-profit - Private(201) 833-3000
- St Mary's General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.23 miles away350 Boulevard Passaic New Jersey 07055Proprietary(973) 365-4300
- Bergen New Bridge Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.34 miles away230 East Ridgewood Ave Paramus New Jersey 07652Government - Local(201) 967-4000
- St Joseph's University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.7 miles away703 Main St Paterson New Jersey 07503Voluntary non-profit - Church(973) 754-2010
- Englewood Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.6 miles away350 Engle St Englewood New Jersey 07631Voluntary non-profit - Private(201) 894-3000
- Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.1 miles away223 N Van Dien Avenue Ridgewood New Jersey 07450Voluntary non-profit - Private(201) 447-8000
- Hackensack Meridian Health Pascack Valley MedicalAcute Care Hospitals 6.86 miles away250 Old Hook Road Westwood New Jersey 07675Proprietary(201) 383-1035
- Davita Hackensack0.43 miles away113 West Essex Street Maywood New Jersey 07607CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (201) 843-3875
- Fresenius Medical Care Hackensack1.05 miles away458 Passaic Street Hackensack New Jersey 07601Dialysis Stations: 19 (201) 342-0801
- Fresenius Medical Care Paramus2.37 miles away37 West Century Road Suite 108 Paramus New Jersey 07652CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (201) 262-0429
- Fmc Bergen Rcc2.5 miles away647 Cedar Lane Teaneck New Jersey 07666CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (201) 692-1113
- Teterboro Dialysis2.66 miles away502 Route 46 West Teterboro New Jersey 07608Dialysis Stations: 18 (201) 288-0249
- Fmc Bergen Renal Home3.24 miles away222 Cedar Lane Suite 103 Teaneck New Jersey 07666Dialysis Stations: 2 (201) 692-0004
- Ara Clifton Dialysis Center3.45 miles away251 Clifton Avenue Unit A Clifton New Jersey 07011Dialysis Stations: 13 (973) 546-3750
- Holy Name Renal Care Center, LLC3.54 miles away718 Teaneck Road Teaneck New Jersey 07666CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (201) 833-1701