Alaris Health at Rochelle Park is a very-large nursing home located in Rochelle Park, New Jersey. This facility was awarded an A- overall, which is a very strong rating. We were so impressed with this nursing home that we ranked it in the top 25 percent of all facilities nationally. This facility's impressive report card was highlighted by its inspection reports, which you can find in the next paragraph.
Alaris Health at Rochelle Park
Updated Jan 1, 2021 by Nick Lata
96 Parkway Avenue,
Rochelle Park NJ 07662
56.75% estimated occupancy 1
Note: Data for Alaris Health at Rochelle Park has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
We also wanted to emphasize that this nursing home has received near flawless health inspections in recent years. We gave them an impressive grade of A+ in this area. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in calculating our inspection grades. One critical factor is health deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of the deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the number of deficiencies, as some of these end up being quite insignificant. Fortunately, although this nursing home had a few minor dings on its inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those found in categories G through L. This means the government inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
We also wanted to direct your attention to the fact that this facility performed well in our long-term care rating. We awarded them a dominant grade of A+ in this area. When facilities receive a score in this range in long-term care it generally means it has plenty of staff and is an overall good place to live on a permanent basis. One of the datapoints we considered after nursing hours is vaccinations. This facility administered the pneumonia vaccine to 99.250374 percent of its patients. This is a proven method to minimize unnecessary hospitalizations for the elderly population. Lastly, we looked at the facility's number of hospitalizations. While it had 3.03 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, its risk adjusted score was close to the national average due to it having some more complicated patients.
Does this page answer your questions about Alaris Health at Rochelle Park?
Another one of this facility's impressive category grades came in the area of nursing care. We awarded them one of our better scores in that area, with a grade of B+. Our nursing score looks at the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. We weigh both the levels of skill of the nurses and the number of hours spent with residents. This nursing home provided 4 hours of nursing care per patient daily. Roughly a quarter of those hours were provided by registered nurses, which are among the most highly skilled levels of nurses. These are both impressive figures, which typically correlates with quality care. Lastly, this place also performed well in several of the quality-based metrics we assessed. In terms of the number of its residents suffering falls which lead to serious injury, this nursing home performed as well as any facility in the nation.
Short-term Care Quality
The last category we rated was short-term care. In this area, we awarded this facility an acceptable grade of B-. This turned out to be this facility's weakest area. In calculating these short-term care ratings, we analyze the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. The objective is to formulate a scale for comparing the rehabilitation services of various facilities. This nursing home excelled in the two key staffing areas we looked at. The facility provided more care from physical therapists and registered nurses than the typical facility. The last metric we looked at in this area is the number of residents who eventually returned home from the facility. We found that just 37.1 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home. Unfortunately, this was below the national average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Alaris Health at Rochelle Park Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Alaris Health at Rochelle Park, 9.57% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric gauges the percent of long-term care patients which developed new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We bake this statistic into our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Alaris Health at Rochelle Park, 2.59% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents that sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injury are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls leading to injury are routinely the result of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Alaris Health at Rochelle Park, 1.67% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often linked to facilities with worst hygiene practices. Better hygiene protocols reduces the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. We want to point out that this metric is affected by by the fact that nursing homes have incongruent reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Alaris Health at Rochelle Park, 10.61% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients who were given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are prescribed to residents for a variety of conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias. Unfortunately, in limited situations, increased usage of these drugs may suggest that a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Alaris Health at Rochelle Park, 17.39% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of residents who were given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are prescribed to patients suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Alaris Health at Rochelle Park, 5.91% of Patients
This is the percent of residents demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Alaris Health at Rochelle Park, 92.7% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Alaris Health at Rochelle Park, 11.08% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and continence. Many argue this is a reasonable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Alaris Health at Rochelle Park, 14.69% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who were able to retain mobility. Many in the industry argue that the ability to move around is important for patients well-being.
In Alaris Health at Rochelle Park, 1.49 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Alaris Health at Rochelle Park, 14.69 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Alaris Health at Rochelle Park, 8.11 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the overall quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Alaris Health at Rochelle Park, 81.01% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term care patients that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of autonomy with ADL's generally correlates with superior rehabilitation.
- Hackensack University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.32 miles away30 Prospect Ave Hackensack New Jersey 07601Voluntary non-profit - Private(551) 996-2000
- Holy Name Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.62 miles away718 Teaneck Rd Teaneck New Jersey 07666Voluntary non-profit - Private(201) 833-3000
- St Mary's General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.23 miles away350 Boulevard Passaic New Jersey 07055Proprietary(973) 365-4300
- Bergen New Bridge Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.34 miles away230 East Ridgewood Ave Paramus New Jersey 07652Government - Local(201) 967-4000
- St Joseph's University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.7 miles away703 Main St Paterson New Jersey 07503Voluntary non-profit - Church(973) 754-2010
- Englewood Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.6 miles away350 Engle St Englewood New Jersey 07631Voluntary non-profit - Private(201) 894-3000
- Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.1 miles away223 N Van Dien Avenue Ridgewood New Jersey 07450Voluntary non-profit - Private(201) 447-8000
- Hackensack Meridian Health Pascack Valley MedicalAcute Care Hospitals 6.86 miles away250 Old Hook Road Westwood New Jersey 07675Proprietary(201) 383-1035
- Davita Hackensack0.43 miles away113 West Essex Street Maywood New Jersey 07607CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (201) 843-3875
- Fresenius Medical Care Hackensack1.05 miles away458 Passaic Street Hackensack New Jersey 07601Dialysis Stations: 19 (201) 342-0801
- Fresenius Medical Care Paramus2.37 miles away37 West Century Road Suite 108 Paramus New Jersey 07652CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (201) 262-0429
- Fmc Bergen Rcc2.5 miles away647 Cedar Lane Teaneck New Jersey 07666CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (201) 692-1113
- Teterboro Dialysis2.66 miles away502 Route 46 West Teterboro New Jersey 07608Dialysis Stations: 18 (201) 288-0249
- Fmc Bergen Renal Home3.24 miles away222 Cedar Lane Suite 103 Teaneck New Jersey 07666Dialysis Stations: 2 (201) 692-0004
- Ara Clifton Dialysis Center3.45 miles away251 Clifton Avenue Unit A Clifton New Jersey 07011Dialysis Stations: 13 (973) 546-3750
- Holy Name Renal Care Center, LLC3.54 miles away718 Teaneck Road Teaneck New Jersey 07666CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (201) 833-1701