With an address in Kearny, New Jersey, Alaris Health at Kearny is the sole facility we were able to find there. Featuring an overall grade of A+, this nursing home is undoubtedly a phenomenal nursing home. As far as we can see, this place is a no brainer for just about anybody. Scroll down to find this facility's category ratings, which also impressed us. You really can't do much better than a straight A report card.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Alaris Health at Kearny
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Kearny senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
We also wanted to point out that this nursing home earned near flawless government inspections recently. We gave them an impressive grade of A+ in this area. These inspection ratings weigh several factors, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can find more information about each of these factors by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Fortunately, although this nursing home had a few minor dings on its report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones found in categories G through L. This means that the inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
We also awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for its long-term care grade. Nursing homes that do well in this category tend to provide patients with closer supervision and stay on top of routine healthcare services. In addition to looking at the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility vaccinated 98.02817 percent of its residents. Vaccines are critical to keeping residents out of the hospital. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Alaris Health at Kearny?
We also wanted to emphasize the fact that this facility received an impressive grade of A in our nursing category. We scrutinized the qualifications of nurses employed by the facility, as well as the number of hours the nurses spent with residents, in computing our grade in this area. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well when it comes to avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
The fourth area we scored is short-term care, where this facility was given a grade of A-. This rounded out a very favorable profile. Not many nursing homes earned an A- or better in each of our categories. Our short-term care ratings are important for prospective residents looking for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually requires more skilled nursing. Skilled nursing means a vast spectrum of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Alaris Health at Kearny Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Alaris Health at Kearny, 4.35% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term patients which are suffering from new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We consider this statistic when determining our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Alaris Health at Kearny, 2.54% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of patients that sustained a fall resulting in serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Alaris Health at Kearny, 0.57% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections are linked to inadequate hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Alaris Health at Kearny, 1.87% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications may be helpful for many residents, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may mean that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Alaris Health at Kearny, 7.65% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of patients given antianxiety medications. These drugs are commonly prescribed to residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Alaris Health at Kearny, 0.3% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Alaris Health at Kearny, 99.01% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Alaris Health at Kearny, 2.04% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Alaris Health at Kearny, 4.64% of Residents
This indicates the percent of patients who retained mobility levels over time. Optimizing mobility is often a great sign for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Alaris Health at Kearny, 4.64% of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is generally a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Alaris Health at Kearny, 5.11% of Patients
This metric tracks the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Alaris Health at Kearny, 90.84% of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term care residents who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of performance with activities of daily living usually correlates with better rehabilitation.
- University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.57 miles away150 Bergen St Newark New Jersey 07101Government - State(973) 972-5658
- East Orange General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.36 miles away300 Central Ave East Orange New Jersey 07018Voluntary non-profit - Private(973) 266-4401
- Hudson Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.65 miles away55 Meadowlands Pkwy Secaucus New Jersey 07094Proprietary(201) 392-3200
- Newark Beth Israel Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.81 miles away201 Lyons Ave Newark New Jersey 07112Voluntary non-profit - Private(973) 926-7850
- Carepoint Health-Christ HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.34 miles away176 Palisade Ave Jersey City New Jersey 07306Voluntary non-profit - Church(201) 795-8200
- Jersey City Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.84 miles away355 Grand Street Jersey City New Jersey 07302Voluntary non-profit - Private(201) 915-2000
- Carepoint Health-Hoboken University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.07 miles away308 Willow Ave Hoboken New Jersey 07030Voluntary non-profit - Church(201) 418-1000
- Carepoint Health - Bayonne Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.58 miles away29 East 29th St Bayonne New Jersey 07002Voluntary non-profit - Private(201) 858-5000
- Fmc Harrison Dc1.1 miles away620 Essex Street Harrison New Jersey 07029CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (973) 482-7772
- Fmc North Newark1.71 miles away155 Berkeley Avenue Newark New Jersey 07107CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (973) 412-0066
- Fkc Belleville2.33 miles away36 Newark Avenue Suite 304 Belleville New Jersey 07109Dialysis Stations: 16 (973) 450-0385
- Davita Renal Center of Newark2.6 miles away571 Central Ave Newark New Jersey 07107CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (973) 484-4994
- Ara Dialysis at East Orange2.7 miles away20 Sussex Ave East Orange New Jersey 07018Dialysis Stations: 13 (973) 266-1093
- Fmc Ironbound2.79 miles away248 South Street Newark New Jersey 07114CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (973) 344-0655
- Fmc Newark Univ Dc (Miele)2.9 miles away91-101 Hartford Street Newark New Jersey 07103Dialysis Stations: 18 (973) 624-7100
- Fmc East Orange Dc2.91 miles away110 South Grove Street East Orange New Jersey 07018CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (973) 414-6100