Acclaim Rehabilitation and Care Center is one of five available facilities in Jersey City, New Jersey. This nursing home was given an overall grade of B-, which is a middle of the road score. Based on our analysis, this facility has some redeeming qualities. The best part of this nursing home's report card is its stellar inspection grade. Inspection grades are discussed in the next paragraph.
Acclaim Rehabilitation and Care Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Registered Staff Hours
While this nursing home's overall grade was not bad, it really fared well in the area of inspections. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A+ for that category, which is one of our highest scores. Arguably the most significant factor we consider in determining our inspection scores is deficiencies. These deficiencies are found on a facility's inspection reports. Facilities with higher grades in this category most likely dodged the most severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
This nursing home's nursing grade appears to be one of its better features. The facility received a grade of B- in this category. Nursing grades are based largely on nurse staffing levels. This facility averages just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident daily, which is a very low figure. Lastly, our nursing grades also consider quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. Despite not having the highest total nursing hours per resident, this nursing home performed admirably in the area of preventing major falls. This is generally a good indicator that a facility has quality controls in place. Some falls can be avoided if a nursing home supplies enough nurses to assist its residents.
Does this page answer your questions about Acclaim Rehabilitation and Care Center?
Short-term Care Quality
The third most favorable category we gave this nursing home in any area came in the area of short-term care, where we awarded it a grade of B-. In the category of short-term care, we try to evaluate indicators of a nursing home's rehabilitation services. We assess a facility's skilled nursing services, including the ones performed by registered nurses and physical therapists. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we considered the percentage of residents who ultimately were able to return home from this nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home. This figure was well below the national average.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we assessed is long-term care. We awarded this facility a grade of D in long-term care, leaving this as its least impressive category grade. For long-term care residents, the nursing home's primary objective is to maintain residents' quality of life and keep them safe. On top of considering the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home administered the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients. Surprisingly, this facility also fared well at keeping its patients out of the hospital. It had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. Unfortunately, some of its other scores in this category weren't as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Acclaim Rehabilitation and Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Acclaim Rehabilitation and Care Center, 9.28% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of patients who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are routinely the result of patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing care minimizes the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Acclaim Rehabilitation and Care Center, 2.53% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents who suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injuries are routinely the result of poor nursing care. Closer supervision reduces the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Acclaim Rehabilitation and Care Center, 1.65% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents that sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections may be associated with insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Acclaim Rehabilitation and Care Center, 10.6% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are administered to patients for a variety of conditions, including cognitive disorders. Sadly, in limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Acclaim Rehabilitation and Care Center, 17.42% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric tells you the percentage of long-term care patients receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Acclaim Rehabilitation and Care Center, 5.95% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who are exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Acclaim Rehabilitation and Care Center, 91.97% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Acclaim Rehabilitation and Care Center, 10.68% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Acclaim Rehabilitation and Care Center, 12.9% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care residents that retained mobility levels.
In Acclaim Rehabilitation and Care Center, 1.68 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital is important to the physical health of nursing home residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Acclaim Rehabilitation and Care Center, 12.9 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term resident care. Avoiding rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Acclaim Rehabilitation and Care Center, 8.37 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to gauge short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Acclaim Rehabilitation and Care Center, 80.92% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percent of short-term patients that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many argue that this is a reasonable measure of rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Jersey City, NJ
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-plus
Looking for more options? Jersey City, New Jersey has 4 other nursing homes
- Jersey City Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.38 miles away355 Grand Street Jersey City New Jersey 07302Voluntary non-profit - Private(201) 915-2000
- Carepoint Health - Bayonne Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.77 miles away29 East 29th St Bayonne New Jersey 07002Voluntary non-profit - Private(201) 858-5000
- Carepoint Health-Christ HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.1 miles away176 Palisade Ave Jersey City New Jersey 07306Voluntary non-profit - Church(201) 795-8200
- Carepoint Health-Hoboken University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.04 miles away308 Willow Ave Hoboken New Jersey 07030Voluntary non-profit - Church(201) 418-1000
- Richmond University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.86 miles away355 Bard Avenue Staten Island New York 10310Voluntary non-profit - Private(718) 818-1234
- University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.74 miles away150 Bergen St Newark New Jersey 07101Government - State(973) 972-5658
- Brooklyn Hospital Center - Downtown CampusAcute Care Hospitals 6.02 miles away121 Dekalb Avenue Brooklyn New York 11201Voluntary non-profit - Private(718) 250-8000
- Mount Sinai Beth IsraelAcute Care Hospitals 6.11 miles awayFirst Avenue at 16th Street New York New York 10003Voluntary non-profit - Private(212) 420-2000
- Fmc Jersey City1.28 miles away107-123 Pacific Avenue Jersey City New Jersey 07304CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 41 (201) 451-3760
- Fmc North Jersey City1.67 miles away29 Cottage Street Jersey City New Jersey 07306Dialysis Stations: 19 (201) 876-7964
- Pershing LLC2.22 miles away422 Grand Street Jersey City New Jersey 07302Dialysis Stations: 4 (201) 332-6413
- Davita Jersey City Summit Dialysis2.41 miles away414 Summit Avenue Jersey City New Jersey 07306Dialysis Stations: 21 (201) 420-8431
- Hamilton Pk Dialysis Center3.12 miles away328 Ninth Street Jersey City New Jersey 07302CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (201) 516-7700
- Fkc Bayonne3.25 miles awayDialysis Unit 29 East 29th Street Bayonne New Jersey 07002Dialysis Stations: 14 (201) 858-5358
- Davita Renal Center Bayonne3.3 miles away434-436 Broadway Bayonne New Jersey 07002Dialysis Stations: 21 (201) 436-1664
- Fmc Ironbound4.04 miles away248 South Street Newark New Jersey 07114CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (973) 344-0655