Acclaim Rehabilitation and Care Center is one of a mere two facilities in Jersey City, New Jersey. This nursing home proved to be a grade A facility, which is a phenomenal score. In fact, this nursing home has the prestigious distinction of being one of the top 100 nursing homes in New Jersey. This is an impressive achievement in a state with a long list of elite nursing homes. We also gave this facility phenomenal grades in all four of our categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Acclaim Rehabilitation and Care Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Jersey City senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
To pair with its strong overall score, we awarded this nursing home an A+ for inspections. These inspection ratings weigh several factors, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can find more information about each of these items by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was awarded a top-shelf short-term care score. In fact, this turned out to be its second strongest category grade. In that category, this facility received a grade of A. Short-term care grades are critical for individuals in need of rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally requires more skilled nursing. This includes a wide scope of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. However, based on the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last item we looked at in this category is the number of residents that ultimately returned home from the nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Acclaim Rehabilitation and Care Center?
Adding to its impressive resume, this nursing home also excelled in our nursing category. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A for that category. The nursing rating includes many subcategories. The most important variable is the amount of time nurses spent with patients. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can many times be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
The final category we analyzed is long-term care. In that category, we awarded this nursing home a favorable grade of B. Nursing homes that excel in long-term care tend to be well-staffed and provide extensive hands on care to patients. On top of considering the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility vaccinated 97.733 percent of its residents, which is significantly higher than most nursing homes. Lastly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Acclaim Rehabilitation and Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Acclaim Rehabilitation and Care Center, 8.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of patients who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a measure of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are routinely the result of residents not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Acclaim Rehabilitation and Care Center, 2.79% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of patients who suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to major injuries are considered to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls resulting in injury are routinely the result of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Acclaim Rehabilitation and Care Center, 1.44% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are often associated with worse hygiene protocols. Better nursing care can reduce the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. Keep in mind that this datapoint is affected by by the fact that nursing homes have different reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Acclaim Rehabilitation and Care Center, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are administered to patients for a variety of conditions, including cognitive disorders. Sadly, in limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Acclaim Rehabilitation and Care Center, 17.29% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric tells you the percentage of long-term care patients receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Acclaim Rehabilitation and Care Center, 6.37% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who are exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Acclaim Rehabilitation and Care Center, 89.73% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Acclaim Rehabilitation and Care Center, 10.05% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Acclaim Rehabilitation and Care Center, 10.04% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care residents that retained mobility levels.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Acclaim Rehabilitation and Care Center, 10.04 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term resident care. Avoiding rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Acclaim Rehabilitation and Care Center, 9.47 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to gauge short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Acclaim Rehabilitation and Care Center, 81.82% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percent of short-term patients that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many argue that this is a reasonable measure of rehabilitation performance.
- Jersey City Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.38 miles away355 Grand Street Jersey City New Jersey 07302Voluntary non-profit - Private(201) 915-2000
- Carepoint Health - Bayonne Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.77 miles away29 East 29th St Bayonne New Jersey 07002Voluntary non-profit - Private(201) 858-5000
- Carepoint Health-Christ HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.1 miles away176 Palisade Ave Jersey City New Jersey 07306Voluntary non-profit - Church(201) 795-8200
- Carepoint Health-Hoboken University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.04 miles away308 Willow Ave Hoboken New Jersey 07030Voluntary non-profit - Church(201) 418-1000
- Richmond University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.86 miles away355 Bard Avenue Staten Island New York 10310Voluntary non-profit - Private(718) 818-1234
- University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.74 miles away150 Bergen St Newark New Jersey 07101Government - State(973) 972-5658
- Brooklyn Hospital Center - Downtown CampusAcute Care Hospitals 6.02 miles away121 Dekalb Avenue Brooklyn New York 11201Voluntary non-profit - Private(718) 250-8000
- Mount Sinai Beth IsraelAcute Care Hospitals 6.11 miles awayFirst Avenue at 16th Street New York New York 10003Voluntary non-profit - Private(212) 420-2000
- Fmc Jersey City1.28 miles away107-123 Pacific Avenue Jersey City New Jersey 07304CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 41 (201) 451-3760
- Fmc North Jersey City1.67 miles away29 Cottage Street Jersey City New Jersey 07306Dialysis Stations: 19 (201) 876-7964
- Pershing LLC2.22 miles away422 Grand Street Jersey City New Jersey 07302Dialysis Stations: 4 (201) 332-6413
- Davita Jersey City Summit Dialysis2.41 miles away414 Summit Avenue Jersey City New Jersey 07306Dialysis Stations: 21 (201) 420-8431
- Hamilton Pk Dialysis Center3.12 miles away328 Ninth Street Jersey City New Jersey 07302CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (201) 516-7700
- Fkc Bayonne3.25 miles awayDialysis Unit 29 East 29th Street Bayonne New Jersey 07002Dialysis Stations: 14 (201) 858-5358
- Davita Renal Center Bayonne3.3 miles away434-436 Broadway Bayonne New Jersey 07002Dialysis Stations: 21 (201) 436-1664
- Fmc Ironbound4.04 miles away248 South Street Newark New Jersey 07114CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (973) 344-0655