Alaris Health at Castle Hill is a senior living facility located in Union City, New Jersey. This city has 66,515 people. Featuring an overall rating of B, this appears to be a very respectable option. You could certainly do much worse than this facility. This place's impressive profile was highlighted by its inspection rating, which you can find in the next section.
Alaris Health at Castle Hill
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
On top of receiving a strong overall score, this place also earned first-rate health inspections in recent years. We gave it one of our better scores in this category, with a grade of A+. Arguably the most important factor we look at in computing our inspection ratings is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a facility's recent inspection reports. Facilities with better grades in this area typically dodged the more severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. Fortunately, although this place had a few minor dings on its government inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means the government inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. We should note that deficiency-free inspection reports are uncommon in this industry.
Short-term Care Quality
Additionally, this facility also was given favorable short-term care grades this year. In fact, we awarded them one of our more favorable grades in that area, with a grade of B+. In the category of short-term care, we strive to assess measures of a facility's rehabilitation services. We assess the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including the ones performed by registered nurses and physical therapists. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last measure we looked at in this category is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We found that 5 percent of this nursing home's residents were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Alaris Health at Castle Hill?
The next highest grade we gave this nursing home came in the category of nursing, where we gave it a grade of B-. This wasn't quite as good as some of its other scores, but a grade in this range is not the end of the world. There are a host of subcategories included in this category. Most of the criteria are tied to the quantity and quality of nurse staffing. This nursing home averages just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a very low figure. Finally, nursing grades also consider quality-based measures, such as preventing major falls. Despite not having the most impressive total nursing hours per resident, this nursing home performed admirably in the metric of preventing major falls. This is generally a reliable indicator that a nursing home has sufficient quality controls in place. Many falls could be avoided if a facility provides enough nurses to assist its patients.
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we scored is long-term care. We awarded it a grade of C in this category. This is basically a middle of the road grade in this category. In computing these long-term care ratings, we quantify the nursing home's personal care services. After looking at the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination data. This nursing home vaccinated 99.77679 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which is higher than the average nursing home. Finally, this facility was also able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Alaris Health at Castle Hill Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Alaris Health at Castle Hill, 9.57% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure tells you the percentage of long-term care patients who have pressure ulcers . We use this statistic in calculating both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Alaris Health at Castle Hill, 2.57% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients that sustained a fall which resulted in severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Alaris Health at Castle Hill, 1.73% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic measures the percentage of long-term patients that have sustained a UTI. UTI's could be an indicator of worse hygiene protocols. However, this metric can also be skewed for certain facilities due to different reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Alaris Health at Castle Hill, 10.75% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents given antipsychotic drugs. These medications are used for several conditions, including cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Alaris Health at Castle Hill, 17.5% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure gauges the percent of long-term stay patients who were prescribed antianxiety medication. These drugs are used to treat residents suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Alaris Health at Castle Hill, 5.81% of Patients
This is the percent of patients who are showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Alaris Health at Castle Hill, 92% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Alaris Health at Castle Hill, 10.99% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term patients that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Alaris Health at Castle Hill, 14.79% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of patients who remained mobile levels over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Alaris Health at Castle Hill, 1.49 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Alaris Health at Castle Hill, 14.79 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Alaris Health at Castle Hill, 8.17 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to measure the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Alaris Health at Castle Hill, 80.57% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percent of short-term stay patients that experienced functional improvements.
- Carepoint Health-Hoboken University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.84 miles away308 Willow Ave Hoboken New Jersey 07030Voluntary non-profit - Church(201) 418-1000
- Mount Sinai WestAcute Care Hospitals 2.41 miles away1000 Tenth Avenue New York New York 10019Voluntary non-profit - Private(212) 523-4000
- Carepoint Health-Christ HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.44 miles away176 Palisade Ave Jersey City New Jersey 07306Voluntary non-profit - Church(201) 795-8200
- Hudson Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.56 miles away55 Meadowlands Pkwy Secaucus New Jersey 07094Proprietary(201) 392-3200
- Palisades Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.75 miles away7600 River Rd North Bergen New Jersey 07047Voluntary non-profit - Private(201) 854-5000
- Nyu Langone HospitalsAcute Care Hospitals 3.53 miles away550 First Avenue New York New York 10016Voluntary non-profit - Private(212) 263-7300
- Bellevue Hospital CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.53 miles away462 First Avenue New York New York 10016Government - Local(212) 562-4141
- Mount Sinai Beth IsraelAcute Care Hospitals 3.62 miles awayFirst Avenue at 16th Street New York New York 10003Voluntary non-profit - Private(212) 420-2000
- Fmc Union Hill0.38 miles away508 31st Street Union City New Jersey 07087CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (201) 902-9382
- Fmc Hoboken Dialysis Ctr0.83 miles away1600 Willow Ave Hoboken New Jersey 07030Dialysis Stations: 16 (201) 656-7500
- Davita Jersey City Akc No Bergen0.95 miles away1310 5th Street North Bergen New Jersey 07047CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (201) 770-9220
- Rogosin West Side2.1 miles away619 West 54th Street New York New York 10019CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (646) 317-0402
- Fkc Secaucus2.47 miles away200 Meadowslands Parkway Suite 200a Secaucus New Jersey 07094Dialysis Stations: 19 (201) 583-6650
- Davita Dialysis at Palisades Medical Center2.72 miles away7650 River Road Suite 150 North Bergen New Jersey 07047Dialysis Stations: 19 (201) 861-1031
- Hamilton Pk Dialysis Center2.8 miles away328 Ninth Street Jersey City New Jersey 07302CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (201) 516-7700
- New York Dialysis Services, Inc.2.88 miles away510-526 Avenue of the Americas Sub Cellar New York New York 10011CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (212) 675-6880