Alaris Health at Boulevard East is a nursing home located in West New York, New Jersey. This city has 60,884 people. With an B+ overall grade, we ranked this facility in the top third of all facilities in the nation. This facility definitely has plenty working in its favor. We were also pleased to find that this nursing home did not have any bad scores in any of the major categories discussed below. More information about these categories is available below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Alaris Health at Boulevard East
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2021 by Nick Lata
6819 Boulevard East,
West New York NJ 07093
Note: Data for Alaris Health at Boulevard East has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
Get pricing and details on West New York senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
In addition to performing well overall, this nursing home earned a nearly flawless inspection report. Consequently, it earned one of our best grades in that category with a grade of A+. Inspection grades are tied to several datapoints found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that score well in this area typically have few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these facilities generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. This place was assessed 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe. This indicates that the government inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies to create an imminent risk to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
Contributing to this nursing home's list of achievements, it also was awarded a first-rate long-term care grade. We gave them an impressive strong of A- in this area. When nursing homes receive this kind of score in long-term care it is typically a good sign for patient care and indicates that the facility is well-staffed with nurses and aids. In addition to considering the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility administered the vaccine to 100 percent of its residents, which is very impressive. Pneumonia tragically can be a life or death condition for nursing home patients so we like it when a nursing home doesn't leave its residents vulnerable. Lastly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Alaris Health at Boulevard East?
Adding to this nursing home's list of strengths, it also received an excellent nursing grade. We awarded them an impressive grade of A- in this category. In determining a facility's nursing score, we assess the quantity of hours nurses commit to residents and the level of licensure of the nurses. This nursing home averages 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can generally be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as by employing a protocol of moving a resident even once per day.
Short-term Care Quality
The last category we scored is short-term care. In this area, we awarded this facility an acceptable grade of C. This actually ended up being this facility's worst area. Short-term care ratings are vital for individuals requiring rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically utilizes additional highly-skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes a broad scope of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like this facility submitted registered nurse or physical therapist staffing data. The last item we looked at in this area is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return home. We discovered that just 2.9 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home, which is actually below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Alaris Health at Boulevard East Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Alaris Health at Boulevard East, 8.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are often caused by patients staying in one position for too long. Better nursing protocols limits the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Alaris Health at Boulevard East, 2.79% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of patients who have had a fall leading to severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Alaris Health at Boulevard East, 1.44% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often caused by facilities with lower levels of hygiene. Closer supervision can reduce the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. Keep in mind that this statistic is sometimes skewed by the fact that facilities have varying reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Alaris Health at Boulevard East, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure tells you the percent of long-term care patients who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Excessive reliance on these medications may suggest that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior in situations where such drugs aren't medically indicated. However, some facilities need to rely more on these drugs due to having more patients suffering from cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Alaris Health at Boulevard East, 17.29% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of patients who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are used to treat patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Alaris Health at Boulevard East, 6.37% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients exhibiting depressive symptoms. High levels of depression may imply lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Alaris Health at Boulevard East, 89.73% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients that were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Alaris Health at Boulevard East, 10.05% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Alaris Health at Boulevard East, 10.04% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of residents who maintained mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a great sign for residents' health.
In Alaris Health at Boulevard East, 1.88 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Alaris Health at Boulevard East, 10.04 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Alaris Health at Boulevard East, 9.47 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to gauge short-term care.
- Palisades Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.4 miles away7600 River Rd North Bergen New Jersey 07047Voluntary non-profit - Private(201) 854-5000
- Mount Sinai WestAcute Care Hospitals 1.56 miles away1000 Tenth Avenue New York New York 10019Voluntary non-profit - Private(212) 523-4000
- Lenox Hill HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.37 miles away100 East 77th Street New York New York 10021Voluntary non-profit - Private(212) 439-2345
- Metropolitan Hospital CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3 miles away1901 First Avenue New York New York 10029Government - Local(212) 423-6262
- New York-Presbyterian Hospital-New York Weill CornAcute Care Hospitals 3.01 miles away525 East 68th Street New York New York 10065Voluntary non-profit - Private(212) 746-5454
- Hospital for Special SurgeryAcute Care Hospitals 3.03 miles away535 East 70th Street New York New York 10021Voluntary non-profit - Private(212) 606-1000
- Nyu Langone HospitalsAcute Care Hospitals 3.6 miles away550 First Avenue New York New York 10016Voluntary non-profit - Private(212) 263-7300
- Harlem Hospital CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.6 miles away506 Lenox Avenue New York New York 10037Government - Local(212) 939-1000
- Davita Dialysis at Palisades Medical Center0.37 miles away7650 River Road Suite 150 North Bergen New Jersey 07047Dialysis Stations: 19 (201) 861-1031
- Rogosin West Side1.53 miles away619 West 54th Street New York New York 10019CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (646) 317-0402
- Avantus Upper Manhattan Dialysis Center1.75 miles away801 Amsterdam Avenue New York New York 10025CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (646) 774-4400
- Fmc Fairview1.85 miles away155-161 Bergen Blvd Fairview New Jersey 07022CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (201) 941-6601
- Fmc Union Hill1.97 miles away508 31st Street Union City New Jersey 07087CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (201) 902-9382
- Mt. Sinai Kidney Ctr.2.45 miles away1 Gustave L. Levy Place Renal Treatment Ctr. Box 1147 New York New York 10029Dialysis Stations: 12 (212) 241-8081
- Upper East Side Dialysis Center2.6 miles away210 East 86th Street 3rd Fl. New York New York 10028CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (212) 794-2850
- Ridgewood Dialysis Center, Inc.2.62 miles away1249 Fifth Avenue Dialysis Unit New York New York 10029CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (212) 360-3860