Alaris Health at Belgrove is a senior living facility located in Kearny, New Jersey. This city has a total of 40,684 people. This nursing home was awarded an overall grade of B, which is favorable grade. Based on our ratings, this nursing home ought to meet the needs of most people. The best part of this nursing home's impressive profile is its inspection grade. Inspection grades are discussed in the next paragraph
Alaris Health at Belgrove
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Catheter Care
- Aquatic Therapy
Best Nursing Home in Kearny, New Jersey Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Kearny, New Jersey Awards 2020
Registered Staff Hours
One of the reasons this ended up being a quality facility is that it received a very impressive inspection rating. Inspections is its best category. In this area, we gave this facility an A+. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in calculating these inspection grades. One key factor is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of the deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the number of deficiencies, as some deficiencies can be relatively insignificant. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
Short-term Care Quality
One of the other reasons we graded this facility so highly is that it received a favorable short-term care score. In fact, short-term care ended up being its second most favorable category grade. In that category, we awarded this facility a score of A-. In the area of short-term care, we endeavor to qualify measures of a nursing home's rehabilitation services. We look at the facility's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses and various therapists. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final statistic we considered in this category is the percentage of patients who ultimately were able to return home from the nursing home. We found that 5.4 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Alaris Health at Belgrove?
This nursing home's next best category was nursing. We awarded it a grade of B- in this category. While this wasn't quite as good as some of its other category grades, this isn't a bad score either. Nursing scores are based largely on quantity of nursing care available. This nursing home averages just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident daily, which is a very low figure. Lastly, despite not having the most impressive total nursing hours, this facility actually performed admirably in the metric of preventing major falls. This is generally a reliable indicator that a place has sufficient quality controls in place.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we analyzed was long-term care. This facility received a C for the area. Long-term care grades are based on the facility's volume of care. This includes a broad spectrum of personal care services, ranging from help with activities of daily living to routine medical services. Once we looked at the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination data. We were pleased to find that this facility vaccinated 96.74796 percent of its patients against pneumonia. This place was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Alaris Health at Belgrove Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Alaris Health at Belgrove, 9.28% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic is an indication of the percent of long-term care residents that suffer from new or worsened pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are an indicator of the quality of nursing care a nursing home provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Alaris Health at Belgrove, 2.53% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of patients that have had a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injuries are often caused by lower quality nursing care. Better nursing protocols can reduce the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Alaris Health at Belgrove, 1.65% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes associated with poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Alaris Health at Belgrove, 10.6% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of long-term residents taking antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used only where medically required. In limited cases, increased usage of these drugs may suggest a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Alaris Health at Belgrove, 17.42% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of residents given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are given to residents experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Alaris Health at Belgrove, 5.95% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Alaris Health at Belgrove, 91.97% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents that were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Alaris Health at Belgrove, 10.68% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term residents that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and using the bathroom.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Alaris Health at Belgrove, 12.9% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care patients that remained mobile levels.
In Alaris Health at Belgrove, 1.68 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Alaris Health at Belgrove, 12.9 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Alaris Health at Belgrove, 8.37 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to measure the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Alaris Health at Belgrove, 80.92% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.21 miles away150 Bergen St Newark New Jersey 07101Government - State(973) 972-5658
- East Orange General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.92 miles away300 Central Ave East Orange New Jersey 07018Voluntary non-profit - Private(973) 266-4401
- Newark Beth Israel Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.53 miles away201 Lyons Ave Newark New Jersey 07112Voluntary non-profit - Private(973) 926-7850
- Hudson Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.02 miles away55 Meadowlands Pkwy Secaucus New Jersey 07094Proprietary(201) 392-3200
- Carepoint Health-Christ HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.78 miles away176 Palisade Ave Jersey City New Jersey 07306Voluntary non-profit - Church(201) 795-8200
- Jersey City Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.26 miles away355 Grand Street Jersey City New Jersey 07302Voluntary non-profit - Private(201) 915-2000
- Carepoint Health-Hoboken University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.52 miles away308 Willow Ave Hoboken New Jersey 07030Voluntary non-profit - Church(201) 418-1000
- Carepoint Health - Bayonne Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.76 miles away29 East 29th St Bayonne New Jersey 07002Voluntary non-profit - Private(201) 858-5000
- Fmc Harrison Dc1.17 miles away620 Essex Street Harrison New Jersey 07029CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (973) 482-7772
- Fmc North Newark1.31 miles away155 Berkeley Avenue Newark New Jersey 07107CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (973) 412-0066
- Fkc Belleville2.03 miles away36 Newark Avenue Suite 304 Belleville New Jersey 07109Dialysis Stations: 16 (973) 450-0385
- Davita Renal Center of Newark2.18 miles away571 Central Ave Newark New Jersey 07107CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (973) 484-4994
- Ara Dialysis at East Orange2.26 miles away20 Sussex Ave East Orange New Jersey 07018Dialysis Stations: 13 (973) 266-1093
- Fmc East Orange Dc2.47 miles away110 South Grove Street East Orange New Jersey 07018CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (973) 414-6100
- Fmc Newark Univ Dc (Miele)2.54 miles away91-101 Hartford Street Newark New Jersey 07103Dialysis Stations: 18 (973) 624-7100
- Fmc Ironbound2.7 miles away248 South Street Newark New Jersey 07114CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (973) 344-0655