Alamitos Belmont Rehab Hospital is in the densely populated metropolitan area of Long Beach, California with a population of 471,952 people. Sporting an overall score of A-, this is undoubtedly a very strong nursing home. Long Beach has a variety of nursing homes, however, we question whether you will need to visit too many others. This one is a high quality option. This nursing home also received strong scores in all four of the major categories we assessed. More information about these categories can be found below.
Alamitos Belmont Rehab Hospital
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
3901 E Fourth Street,
Long Beach CA 90814
65.85% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A for our inspections rating. Arguably the most significant factor we consider in computing our inspection scores is deficiencies. Deficiencies can be found on a nursing home's inspection reports. Facilities with better scores in this category typically dodged the more severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. While this nursing home had a few minor dings on its government inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones found in categories G through L. This tells you that the government inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. We should note that deficiency-free inspections are uncommon in the industry.
Adding to its strong resume, this facility also received an excellent nursing score, with a grade of A-. Our nursing grade is mostly based on the nursing home's nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can generally be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Alamitos Belmont Rehab Hospital?
Short-term Care Quality
This facility also was elite in the area of short-term care, where we gave it a grade of A-. Few nursing homes performed better in this category. In our short-term care grade, we attempt to create a valuable measure for rehabilitation services. In doing so, we look at the facility's level of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as respiratory therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final measure we considered in this category is the number of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We discovered that 5.4 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
Switching gears to the fourth category, this nursing home also performed well in our long-term care category. In fact, we gave it a grade of B+ in this area. This rounded out a very strong report card. Nursing homes that do well in this category typically provide patients with more supervision and stay on top of routine healthcare services. Once we looked at the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination statistics. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is far higher than the majority of nursing homes. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Alamitos Belmont Rehab Hospital Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Alamitos Belmont Rehab Hospital, 7.45% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of residents that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are often caused by residents staying in one position for too long. Better nursing protocols limits the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Alamitos Belmont Rehab Hospital, 1.7% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of patients that sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injuries are considered to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls are often caused by lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Alamitos Belmont Rehab Hospital, 1.24% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections may be associated with insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Alamitos Belmont Rehab Hospital, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are prescribed to residents for a variety of medical conditions, such as dementia. Tragically, in some cases, increased usage of these drugs may indicate that a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Alamitos Belmont Rehab Hospital, 13.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of patients who were prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are administered to residents suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Alamitos Belmont Rehab Hospital, 4.64% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Alamitos Belmont Rehab Hospital, 95.44% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients that were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Alamitos Belmont Rehab Hospital, 7.92% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of patients who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Alamitos Belmont Rehab Hospital, 12.45% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of residents who were able to retain mobility over time. Preserving mobility is often a good sign for residents' health.
In Alamitos Belmont Rehab Hospital, 1.61 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. Avoiding the hospital is important to maintaining the physical well-being of nursing home residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Alamitos Belmont Rehab Hospital, 12.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Alamitos Belmont Rehab Hospital, 9.83 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Alamitos Belmont Rehab Hospital, 79.79% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term care patients that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Long Beach, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Long Beach, California has 25 other nursing homes
- St Mary Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.37 miles away1050 Linden Ave Long Beach California 90813Voluntary non-profit - Church(562) 491-9000
- College Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.69 miles away2776 Pacific Avenue Long Beach California 90806Proprietary(562) 595-1911
- Los Alamitos Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5 miles away3751 Katella Avenue Los Alamitos California 90720Proprietary(562) 799-3220
- Lakewood Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.12 miles away3700 E South St Lakewood California 90712Proprietary(562) 602-6751
- West Anaheim Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.37 miles away3033 W Orange Avenue Anaheim California 92804Proprietary(714) 827-3000
- Lac/Harbor-Ucla Med CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.53 miles away1000 W Carson St Torrance California 90502Government - Local(310) 222-2101
- Coast Plaza HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.04 miles away13100 Studerbaker Road Norwalk California 90650Proprietary(310) 356-0550
- Huntington Beach HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.3 miles away17772 Beach Blvd Huntington Beach California 92647Proprietary(714) 843-5000
- Davita-Long Beach Harbor (Ucla) Dialysis Center2.25 miles away1075 E. Pacific Coast Highway Long Beach California 90806CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (562) 599-1511
- u.s. Renal Care Long Beach Dialysis2.29 miles away1045 Atlantic Avenue, Suite 108 Long Beach California 90813CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (562) 435-3637
- u.s. Renal Care West Coast Dialysis2.47 miles away3780 Kilroy Airport Way, Suite 110 Long Beach California 90806CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (562) 989-3010
- Davita-El Dorado Dialysis2.66 miles away2977 Redondo Avenue Long Beach California 90806CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (562) 988-3418
- Fmc-Long Beach2.91 miles away440 W. Ocean Blvd. Long Beach California 90802CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (562) 432-4444
- Long Beach Quest Dialysis Center3.84 miles away3140 Long Beach Blvd. Long Beach California 90807CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (562) 988-8866
- Los Alamitos Hemodialysis Center5.03 miles away3810 Katella Avenue Los Alamitos California 90720CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (562) 598-9527
- Davita-United Dialysis Center5.14 miles away3111 Long Beach Blvd. Long Beach California 90807CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (562) 426-5155