Alameda Hospital D/P Snf is a facility located in Alameda, California. This city has 73,812 people. We gave this nursing home an A- overall grade, ranking it in the top third of all facilities in the United States. As far as we can see, this facility ought to be a great choice for most people. This nursing home's impressive report card was highlighted by its inspection rating, which you can find in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Alameda Hospital D/P Snf
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
2070 Clinton Ave,
Alameda CA 94501
81.16% estimated occupancy 1
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Other
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Oncology Care
Registered Staff Hours
On top of receiving a great overall rating, this nursing home also earned an A+ inspection grade. This is based on its recent inspection reports. An A+ in this category is one of the highest complements we can pay to a nursing home. Inspection ratings weigh several factors, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can find more information about each of these items by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
One of the other reasons we graded this nursing home so highly is that it received a very impressive nursing score. In fact, nursing turned out to be its second best category grade. In that area, we awarded this nursing home an A-. Nursing scores are primarily tied to the nursing home's nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well in terms of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Alameda Hospital D/P Snf?
Short-term Care Quality
The third category we assessed was short-term care. This facility was given a favorable short-term care score, with a grade of B+ in the category. Short-term care ratings are based on a nursing home's quantity of skilled nursing services. This means a broad spectrum of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, in addition to other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we considered the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
The last category we scored is long-term care, where this facility received a B. Believe it or not, this was this facility's weakest category. A facility is doing something right when it's worst grade still outperforms most facilities. When nursing homes receive this kind of grade in this category it is a good sign for patient care and indicates that the place is well-staffed with nurses and aids. One of the statistics we considered on top of nursing hours was vaccinations. This nursing home provided the pneumonia vaccine to 98.9882 percent of its patients. Vaccination is a reliable method to minimize unnecessary hospitalizations for the elderly population. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Alameda Hospital D/P Snf Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Alameda Hospital D/P Snf, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage caused by remaining in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Alameda Hospital D/P Snf, 1.84% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients that sustained a fall which caused major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Alameda Hospital D/P Snf, 1.34% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many experts to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are routinely the result of lower quality nursing care. Nevertheless, this metric may be misleading for certain facilities due to different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Alameda Hospital D/P Snf, 10.3% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients prescribed antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are administered to patients for many medical conditions, such as cognitive disorders. Sadly, in some situations, increased usage of these drugs may mean a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Alameda Hospital D/P Snf, 13.84% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are given to patients suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Alameda Hospital D/P Snf, 5.83% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who are showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Alameda Hospital D/P Snf, 95.65% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for nursing home patients, making these types of vaccines critical to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Alameda Hospital D/P Snf, 8.26% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's could indicate deterioration of a resident's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Alameda Hospital D/P Snf, 10.41% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of patients who retained mobility levels over time. Preserving mobility is often a great sign for residents' health.
In Alameda Hospital D/P Snf, 1.78 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. Staying out of the hospital is critical to preserving the physical health of nursing home residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Alameda Hospital D/P Snf, 10.41 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Alameda Hospital D/P Snf, 11.34 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Alameda Hospital D/P Snf, 79.12% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of short-term care patients who saw functional improvements.
- Alameda HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0 miles away2070 Clinton Avenue Alameda California 94501Government - Hospital District or Authority(510) 522-3700
- Highland HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.76 miles away1411 East 31st Street Oakland California 94602Government - Hospital District or Authority(510) 437-4800
- Alta Bates Summit Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.05 miles away350 Hawthorne Avenue Oakland California 94609Voluntary non-profit - Private(510) 655-4000
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - Oakland/RichmondAcute Care Hospitals 4.23 miles away275 West Macarthur Boulevard Oakland California 94611Voluntary non-profit - Private(510) 752-1000
- Children's Hospital & Research Center OaklandChildrens 5.23 miles away747 52nd Street Oakland California 94609Voluntary non-profit - Private(510) 428-3000
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - San LeandroAcute Care Hospitals 6.1 miles away2500 Merced Street San Leandro California 94577Voluntary non-profit - Private(510) 454-1000
- Alta Bates Summit Medical Center - Alta Bates CampAcute Care Hospitals 6.49 miles away2450 Ashby Avenue Berkeley California 94705Voluntary non-profit - Private(510) 204-4444
- San Leandro HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7 miles away13855 E 14th Street San Leandro California 94578Government - Hospital District or Authority(510) 357-6500
- Rai - East Bay - Oakland1.73 miles away2628 International Blvd, Ste 100 Oakland California 94601CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (510) 261-8219
- Rai Peralta3.83 miles away2757 Telegraph Avenue Oakland California 94612CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (510) 835-0154
- Alameda County Dialysis Center3.92 miles away10700 Macarthur Blvd. Building 7 Oakland California 94605CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (510) 568-5849
- Satellite Dialysis Oakland4.16 miles away3330 Telegraph Ave Oakland California 94609CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (510) 433-8340
- Rai Piedmont5.18 miles away2710 Telegraph Avenue Suite #100 Oakland California 94612CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 33 (510) 286-9948
- Rai E. 14th5.31 miles away198 East 14th St San Leandro California 94577Dialysis Stations: 21 (510) 430-8311
- Oakland Dialysis Center5.38 miles away5354 Claremont Avenue Oakland California 94618CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 40 (510) 597-0104
- Rai Bancroft5.52 miles away6955 Foothill Blvd. Ste 220 Oakland California 94605Dialysis Stations: 26 (510) 553-1333