Alameda Hospital D/P Snf is a facility located in Alameda, California. This city has 73,812 people. This facility received a very impressive overall rating of A-, resulting in it being ranked among the best facilities in the city. At the end of the day, this facility looks like a great choice for just about anybody. This nursing home's impressive profile was highlighted by its inspection score, which is addressed in the next section.
Alameda Hospital D/P Snf
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Other
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Oncology Care
Registered Staff Hours
On top of receiving a great overall rating, this nursing home also received an A+ inspection grade. This grade is based on its recent government inspections. An A+ in this area is one of the best complements we can offer a nursing home. Arguably the most critical factor we look at in determining our inspection ratings is deficiencies. Deficiencies are found on a nursing home's inspection reports. Nursing homes with higher grades in this category most likely dodged the most severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
Adding to its strong performance in other categories, we gave this nursing home a grade of B+ for nursing. Nursing ratings are primarily associated with a nursing home's nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the country in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can frequently be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as employing a policy of moving a resident more often.
Does this page answer your questions about Alameda Hospital D/P Snf?
Long-term Care Quality
In addition, this facility also was awarded favorable long-term care grades this year. In fact, we awarded them one of our more favorable grades in that category, with a grade of B+. Long-term care grades of this caliber generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine healthcare services. Once we assessed the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination record. This facility vaccinated 94.50172 percent of its residents against pneumonia. Vaccines are critical to keeping residents out of the hospital. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. It had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Short-term Care Quality
In our final area, we awarded this nursing home a A+ for its short-term care score. This wrapped up a very strong report card. Our short-term care grades are vital for individuals in need of rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually utilizes additional highly-skilled nursing. This includes a wide range of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last item we considered in this area is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's residents were able to return home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Alameda Hospital D/P Snf Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Alameda Hospital D/P Snf, 7.45% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of patients who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are routinely the result of residents staying in one position for too long. Better nursing care can limit the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Alameda Hospital D/P Snf, 1.7% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients who sustained a major fall. Falls leading to severe injury are routinely linked to lower levels of patient supervision. Additional nurse staffing can minimize the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Alameda Hospital D/P Snf, 1.24% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered to be a barometer of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often associated with lower quality nursing care. Nevertheless, this statistic could also be misleading for certain facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Alameda Hospital D/P Snf, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are given to patients for many conditions, such as dementia. Tragically, in limited cases, increased usage of these drugs may suggest that a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Alameda Hospital D/P Snf, 13.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care residents who were given antianxiety medication. These drugs are generally used to treat patients suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Alameda Hospital D/P Snf, 4.64% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients who are exhibiting depressive symptoms. Some experts would argue that this is a measure of resident quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Alameda Hospital D/P Snf, 95.44% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Alameda Hospital D/P Snf, 7.92% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Alameda Hospital D/P Snf, 12.45% Percentage of Residents
This metric tracks the percentage of long-term care patients that retained mobility levels. Some would argue that mobility is vital to residents' mental and physical health.
In Alameda Hospital D/P Snf, 1.61 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of care. There is usually a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the overall quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Alameda Hospital D/P Snf, 12.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Alameda Hospital D/P Snf, 9.83 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Alameda Hospital D/P Snf, 79.79% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term care residents who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Alameda, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Alameda, California has 4 other nursing homes
- Alameda HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0 miles away2070 Clinton Avenue Alameda California 94501Government - Hospital District or Authority(510) 522-3700
- Highland HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.76 miles away1411 East 31st Street Oakland California 94602Government - Hospital District or Authority(510) 437-4800
- Alta Bates Summit Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.05 miles away350 Hawthorne Avenue Oakland California 94609Voluntary non-profit - Private(510) 655-4000
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - Oakland/RichmondAcute Care Hospitals 4.23 miles away275 West Macarthur Boulevard Oakland California 94611Voluntary non-profit - Private(510) 752-1000
- Children's Hospital & Research Center OaklandChildrens 5.23 miles away747 52nd Street Oakland California 94609Voluntary non-profit - Private(510) 428-3000
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - San LeandroAcute Care Hospitals 6.1 miles away2500 Merced Street San Leandro California 94577Voluntary non-profit - Private(510) 454-1000
- Alta Bates Summit Medical Center - Alta Bates CampAcute Care Hospitals 6.49 miles away2450 Ashby Avenue Berkeley California 94705Voluntary non-profit - Private(510) 204-4444
- San Leandro HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7 miles away13855 E 14th Street San Leandro California 94578Government - Hospital District or Authority(510) 357-6500
- Rai - East Bay - Oakland1.73 miles away2628 International Blvd, Ste 100 Oakland California 94601CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (510) 261-8219
- Rai Peralta3.83 miles away2757 Telegraph Avenue Oakland California 94612CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (510) 835-0154
- Alameda County Dialysis Center3.92 miles away10700 Macarthur Blvd. Building 7 Oakland California 94605CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (510) 568-5849
- Satellite Dialysis Oakland4.16 miles away3330 Telegraph Ave Oakland California 94609CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (510) 433-8340
- Rai Piedmont5.18 miles away2710 Telegraph Avenue Suite #100 Oakland California 94612CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 33 (510) 286-9948
- Rai E. 14th5.31 miles away198 East 14th St San Leandro California 94577Dialysis Stations: 21 (510) 430-8311
- Oakland Dialysis Center5.38 miles away5354 Claremont Avenue Oakland California 94618CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 40 (510) 597-0104
- Rai Bancroft5.52 miles away6955 Foothill Blvd. Ste 220 Oakland California 94605Dialysis Stations: 26 (510) 553-1333