Alameda Hospital D/P Snf is a facility located in Alameda, California. This city has 73,812 people. This facility received a strong grade of B+ overall. We found it to be better than most of the facilities in Alameda, which has a city grade of B. You could certainly do much worse than this facility. This facility was stronger in some categories than others, but it didn't have any poor grades in any of our major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Alameda Hospital D/P Snf
- Nursing Home
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Alameda senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Government - County
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Oncology Care
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
One of the many reasons this turned out to be a quality nursing home is that it received an A+ inspection grade. This is simply as good as it gets in this critical category. These inspection scores weigh several factors, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these items by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
This facility received a very good nursing grade this year as well. It received one of our better scores in that category with a grade of B+. In computing our nursing ratings, we analyze both nursing hours and the skill levels of those nurses. This facility provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well in the area of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Alameda Hospital D/P Snf?
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to our third category, this nursing home also earned a score of B+ for its short-term care rating. This is an above average grade in this category. In our short-term care assessment, we seek to craft a fair measure for rehabilitation services. In this process, we assess a nursing home's offerings of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as speech therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the percentage of patients that were able to return home from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's residents were able to return home.
Long-term Care Quality
Switching gears to our next category, this nursing home was given an acceptable long-term care rating. Even though this isn't nearly as dominant as many of its other category grades, this is truly not a major area of concern. Long-term care grades are pivotal for patients in need of non-healthcare services such as personal care. Once we assessed the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination statistics. We were pleased to learn that this facility vaccinated 98.05997 percent of its residents for pneumonia. This facility keeps its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Alameda Hospital D/P Snf Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Alameda Hospital D/P Snf, 12.53% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure gauges the percentage of long-term residents who suffer from pressure ulcers . We factor in this statistic in computing both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Alameda Hospital D/P Snf, 0.71% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of patients who have had a major fall. Falls leading to severe injury are considered to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Falls resulting in injury are routinely caused by poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Alameda Hospital D/P Snf, 0.89% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who have sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's may be a sign of poor nursing care. Nevertheless, this statistic could be misleading for certain facilities due to different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Alameda Hospital D/P Snf, 3.45% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients who are prescribed antipsychotic medication. Increased usage of these drugs may indicate a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents in scenarios where such drugs aren't medically required. Nevertheless, some facilities may need to rely more on these medications due to having more residents suffering from dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Alameda Hospital D/P Snf, 8.7% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is an indication of the percentage of long-term patients who are prescribed antianxiety medication. These drugs are prescribed to patients experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Alameda Hospital D/P Snf, 0.19% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who are showing signs of depression. High levels of depression could reveal worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Alameda Hospital D/P Snf, 97.93% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Alameda Hospital D/P Snf, 2.79% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care residents who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and using the bathroom.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Alameda Hospital D/P Snf, 4.45% of Residents
This is the percentage of patients that remained mobile levels over time. Retaining mobility is often a good sign for residents' health.
In Alameda Hospital D/P Snf, 0.01 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Alameda Hospital D/P Snf, 4.45% of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Alameda Hospital D/P Snf, 84.28% of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term care residents who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of independence with activities of daily living often correlates with superior rehabilitation services.
Scores for Alameda, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Alameda, California has 4 other nursing homes
- Alameda HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0 miles away2070 Clinton Avenue Alameda California 94501Government - Hospital District or Authority(510) 522-3700
- Highland HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.76 miles away1411 East 31st Street Oakland California 94602Government - Hospital District or Authority(510) 437-4800
- Alta Bates Summit Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.05 miles away350 Hawthorne Avenue Oakland California 94609Voluntary non-profit - Private(510) 655-4000
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - Oakland/RichmondAcute Care Hospitals 4.23 miles away275 West Macarthur Boulevard Oakland California 94611Voluntary non-profit - Private(510) 752-1000
- Children's Hospital & Research Center OaklandChildrens 5.23 miles away747 52nd Street Oakland California 94609Voluntary non-profit - Private(510) 428-3000
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - San LeandroAcute Care Hospitals 6.1 miles away2500 Merced Street San Leandro California 94577Voluntary non-profit - Private(510) 454-1000
- Alta Bates Summit Medical Center - Alta Bates CampAcute Care Hospitals 6.49 miles away2450 Ashby Avenue Berkeley California 94705Voluntary non-profit - Private(510) 204-4444
- San Leandro HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7 miles away13855 E 14th Street San Leandro California 94578Government - Hospital District or Authority(510) 357-6500
- Rai - East Bay - Oakland1.73 miles away2628 International Blvd, Ste 100 Oakland California 94601CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (510) 261-8219
- Rai Peralta3.83 miles away2757 Telegraph Avenue Oakland California 94612CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (510) 835-0154
- Alameda County Dialysis Center3.92 miles away10700 Macarthur Blvd. Building 7 Oakland California 94605CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (510) 568-5849
- Satellite Dialysis Oakland4.16 miles away3330 Telegraph Ave Oakland California 94609CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (510) 433-8340
- Rai Piedmont5.18 miles away2710 Telegraph Avenue Suite #100 Oakland California 94612CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 33 (510) 286-9948
- Rai E. 14th5.31 miles away198 East 14th St San Leandro California 94577Dialysis Stations: 21 (510) 430-8311
- Oakland Dialysis Center5.38 miles away5354 Claremont Avenue Oakland California 94618CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 40 (510) 597-0104
- Rai Bancroft5.52 miles away6955 Foothill Blvd. Ste 220 Oakland California 94605Dialysis Stations: 26 (510) 553-1333