With an address in Perth Amboy, New Jersey, Alameda Center for Rehabilitation and Healthcare is the sole option we were able to find in this city. Sporting an overall score of B, this appears to be a fine option. Based on our analysis, this place looks like a good fit for most people. This place's impressive report card was highlighted by its inspection rating, which we will address in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Alameda Center for Rehabilitation and Healthcare
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Perth Amboy senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Catheter Care
- Aquatic Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
This facility received a strong overall grade as described above, but we especially wanted to emphasize its excellent government inspections in recent years. We awarded it an impressive grade of A in this area. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in determining these inspection grades. One critical factor is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of the deficiencies is arguably more important than the number of deficiencies, as some deficiencies are quite minor. This nursing home received 5 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none were considered to be severe deficiencies. This means that CMS did not deem any of these deficiencies to cause an immediate threat to resident safety or health. The fact that the deficiencies were relatively minor leaves us less concerned with this inspection report.
Among its many impressive grades, this facility received an excellent nursing grade. We gave it an B in that category. In computing our nursing scores, we assess both staffing levels and the skill levels of the nurses. This nursing home averages 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can frequently be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Alameda Center for Rehabilitation and Healthcare?
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to an additional strength for this nursing home, we awarded them one of our more positive scores in our long-term care category as well, with a grade of B. In a long-term care setting, the primary goal is to maintain residents' quality of life and keep them safe. After we finished looking at the volume of care provided by nurses, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination record. This nursing home vaccinated 92.3821 percent of its residents against pneumonia. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Short-term Care Quality
The final area we looked at is short-term care. This facility received a grade of C in the area. In the category of short-term care, we strive to evaluate measures of a facility's rehabilitation services. We analyze the facility's skilled nursing services, such as the ones performed by registered nurses and physical therapists. Unfortunately, we were not able to find registered nurse or physical therapy staffing data for this nursing home. Finally, we looked at the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 5 percent of this facility's residents returned home. At most nursing homes, closer to half of their residents are able to return home so this figure is below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Alameda Center for Rehabilitation and Healthcare Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Alameda Center for Rehabilitation and Healthcare, 3.77% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of patients that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be an indicator of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are often the result of patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Alameda Center for Rehabilitation and Healthcare, 1.21% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents who sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injuries are routinely associated with lower levels of patient supervision. Additional nurse staffing can minimize the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Alameda Center for Rehabilitation and Healthcare, 0.13% of Patients had UTIs
This figure tells you the percent of long-term residents which experienced UTI's. UTI's could be a sign of a facility with worst hygiene practices. Nevertheless, this statistic could also be misleading for some facilities due to varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Alameda Center for Rehabilitation and Healthcare, 14.81% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many patients, it is important to ensure these medications are being used only where medically required. In some cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Alameda Center for Rehabilitation and Healthcare, 9.93% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of residents prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are administered to residents experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Alameda Center for Rehabilitation and Healthcare, 9.66% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term care residents who are exhibiting symptoms of depression. Some experts would argue this is a reliable measure of quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Alameda Center for Rehabilitation and Healthcare, 95.7% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Alameda Center for Rehabilitation and Healthcare, 34.05% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Alameda Center for Rehabilitation and Healthcare, 27.9% of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients who were able to retain mobility. Some experts believe that mobility is vital to patients well-being.
In Alameda Center for Rehabilitation and Healthcare, 0.01 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Alameda Center for Rehabilitation and Healthcare, 27.9% of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Alameda Center for Rehabilitation and Healthcare, 14.99% of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Alameda Center for Rehabilitation and Healthcare, 39.55% of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of short-term care residents who experienced functional improvements.
- Raritan Bay Medical Center Perth Amboy DivisionAcute Care Hospitals 0.64 miles away530 New Brunswick Ave Perth Amboy New Jersey 08861Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 442-3700
- Jfk Medical Ctr - Anthony M. Yelencsics CommunityAcute Care Hospitals 5.08 miles away65 James Street Edison New Jersey 08818Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 321-7000
- Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital at RahwayAcute Care Hospitals 7.14 miles away865 Stone St Rahway New Jersey 07065Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 381-4200
- Bayshore Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.45 miles away727 N Beers St Holmdel New Jersey 07733Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 739-5900
- Saint Peter's University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.66 miles away254 Easton Ave New Brunswick New Jersey 08901Voluntary non-profit - Church(732) 745-8600
- Trinitas Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.87 miles away225 Williamson Street Elizabeth New Jersey 07207Voluntary non-profit - Private(908) 994-5000
- Staten Island University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.08 miles away475 Seaview Avenue Staten Island New York 10305Voluntary non-profit - Private(418) 226-9761
- Richmond University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.43 miles away355 Bard Avenue Staten Island New York 10310Voluntary non-profit - Private(718) 818-1234
- Dva Perth Amboy Dialysis Ctr0.41 miles away271 King Street Perth Amboy New Jersey 08861CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (732) 442-3836
- Davita Woodbridge Dialysis Center2.77 miles away541 Main Street Woodbridge New Jersey 07095CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (732) 750-0639
- Ara Garden State Kidney Center2.87 miles away345 Main Street Woodbridge New Jersey 07095Dialysis Stations: 19 (732) 855-2100
- Dva Old Bridge Dialysis Ctr4.46 miles awayDavita Kidney Care 262 Texas Rd Old Bridge New Jersey 08857CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (732) 591-4931
- Davita Metuchen Dialysis5.14 miles away319 Lake Avenue Metuchen New Jersey 08840Dialysis Stations: 10 (732) 906-5714
- Fmc Colonia Dialysis Ctr5.39 miles away1250 Route 27 Colonia New Jersey 07067CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (732) 382-7333
- Knickerbocker Dialysis Inc.5.54 miles away30 Sneden Ave Staten Island New York 10312Dialysis Stations: 16 (718) 356-2678
- Dva Edison5.82 miles away29 Meridian Road Edison New Jersey 08820CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (732) 205-9883