Alameda Care Center is located in Burbank, California, a city with a total of 106,841 people. We awarded this facility an overall grade of D. A grade of this caliber typically suggests some red flags. As far as we can see, we'd struggle to recommend this nursing home. Despite all this, one of the few highlights of this facility's report card is its impressive inspection rating. You can scroll down to learn more about inspections and other category grades
Alameda Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
925 W. Alameda Ave.,
Burbank CA 91506
93.48% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Respite Care
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
Although we did not rate this facility favorably overall, we want to draw your attention to its nearly flawless government inspections in recent years. We awarded them an A- in this category. Arguably the most important factor we look at in determining our inspection ratings is deficiencies. These deficiencies are found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. It is typically best to avoid facilities that had too many deficiencies. This place was assessed 7 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none were considered to be severe. This tells you that the inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies to pose an immediate risk to resident safety or health. A couple minor deficiencies aren't necessarily the end of the world.
This facility's second best category was nursing, but even there it received a grade of just D. This is still a well below average grade. Nursing grades are largely associated with a facility's nurse staffing. This place provided just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This statistic is well below average. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in calculating our nursing scores. This nursing home performed well when it comes to minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Alameda Care Center?
Short-term Care Quality
Moving on to the area of short-term care, this facility received just a D in this category. Short-term care ratings are important for individuals looking for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally requires higher levels of skilled nursing. This means a broad scope of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Considering its score in this category, we were not surprised to find that this facility was well below average in terms of the number of physical therapy and registered nurse hours offered to its residents based on the metrics we looked at. Frankly, this was what we expected here. Finally, we considered the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that just 4.2 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
Switching gears to the final category, this facility really didn't fare well in this area either. Due to a rock bottom grade of F in long-term care, this is just about as as uninspiring as it gets. For long-term care residents, the primary objective is to keep patients healthy and safe. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate patients. On top of looking at the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility gave the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients. To our surprise, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this nursing home has less hospitalizations than many nursing homes. Unfortunately, a few of its other scores in this category were not as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Alameda Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Alameda Care Center, 7.45% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage due to remaining in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Alameda Care Center, 1.7% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents who have had a major fall. Falls leading to severe injury are considered by many experts to be a barometer of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls are routinely caused by lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Alameda Care Center, 1.24% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients who have had a urinary tract infection. These infections could be associated with poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Alameda Care Center, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure gauges the percent of long-term patients who were administered antipsychotic drugs. Excessive reliance on these medications may suggest a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents in situations where such medications are not medically required. However, some nursing homes need to rely more on these medications due to having more patients suffering from Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Alameda Care Center, 13.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint is an indication of the percentage of long-term stay patients who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These medications are commonly used to treat patients suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Alameda Care Center, 4.64% of Patients
This is the percent of patients exhibiting signs of depression. Increased levels of depression may be an indicator worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Alameda Care Center, 95.44% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Alameda Care Center, 7.92% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term residents who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and eating.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Alameda Care Center, 12.45% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care residents who remained mobile levels.
In Alameda Care Center, 1.61 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of care. There is typically a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Alameda Care Center, 12.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Alameda Care Center, 9.83 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Alameda Care Center, 79.79% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term stay patients who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of autonomy with activities of daily living generally correlates with successful rehabilitation services.
- Providence Saint Joseph Medical CtrAcute Care Hospitals 0.94 miles away501 South Buena Vista Street Burbank California 91505Voluntary non-profit - Church(818) 843-5111
- Glendale Mem Hospital & Hlth CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.04 miles away1420 S Central Ave Glendale California 91204Voluntary non-profit - Private(818) 502-1900
- Southern California Hospital at HollywoodAcute Care Hospitals 4.68 miles away6245 De Longpre Ave Los Angeles California 90028Proprietary(323) 462-2271
- Children's Hosp of Los AngelesChildrens 4.71 miles away4650 Sunset Blvd, Ms 108 Los Angeles California 90027Voluntary non-profit - Private(323) 669-2164
- Hollywood Presbyterian Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.83 miles away1300 N Vermont Ave Los Angeles California 90027Proprietary(213) 413-3000
- Glendale Adventist Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.83 miles away1509 E Wilson Terrace Glendale California 91206Voluntary non-profit - Private(818) 409-8202
- Usc Verdugo Hills HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.19 miles away1812 Verdugo Blvd Glendale California 91209Voluntary non-profit - Private(818) 790-7100
- Cedars-Sinai Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.12 miles away8700 Beverly Blvd Los Angeles California 90048Voluntary non-profit - Other(310) 423-5000
- Fmc-Burbank0.67 miles away2031 Alameda Avenue, Suite 202 Burbank California 91506CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (818) 845-3830
- Davita-Burbank Dialysis1.81 miles away1211 N. San Fernando Blvd. Burbank California 91504CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (818) 842-5576
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital Medical Ctr.- Sunset3.08 miles awayDialysis Unit 4700 Sunset Blvd., 2nd Floor Los Angeles California 90027CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (323) 783-5580
- Childrens Hospital of Los Angeles3.08 miles awayDivision of Nephrology (Dialysis) 4650 Sunset Blvd., Box 40 Los Angeles California 90027Dialysis Stations: 10 (323) 361-4788
- Fmc-West Glendale3.61 miles away623 South Central Avenue Glendale California 91204Dialysis Stations: 24 (818) 240-1065
- Davita-West Glendale Dialysis4.25 miles away1427 S. Glendale Avenue Glendale California 91205CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (818) 241-0016
- Davita-Glendale Dialysis4.58 miles away1000 E. Palmer Avenue Glendale California 91205CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (818) 241-6382
- Davita-Hollywood Dialysis Center4.73 miles away5108 Sunset Blvd. Los Angeles California 90027CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (323) 913-4010