A.g. Rhodes Home, - Cobb is a facility in Marietta, Georgia which has 302,309 people. With an overall grade of D, this is a well below average nursing home. Based on our ratings, this nursing home may not be the best fit for most people. We would not blame you if you're ready to stop reading and find another nursing home. However, if you want to learn more about this nursing home's category grades, inspection grades are discussed in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
A.g. Rhodes Home, - Cobb
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Note: A.g. Rhodes Home, - Cobb has been flagged for abuse in the past 12 months. We have capped this facility's overall grade accordingly.
Get pricing and details on Marietta senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in Georgia Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Marietta, Georgia Awards 2019
Registered Staff Hours
Although we gave this facility a bad overall rating, we awarded it a fairly respectable grade in the area of inspections, where we gave it a grade of B-. This was certainly better than its other categories. We believe that one of the most critical factors in evaluating an inspection report is deficiencies. In this regard, we especially look at the severity of the deficiencies. While this nursing home had a few minor dings on its government inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are found in categories G through L. This tells you that the inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility was cited by CMS for possible abuse or neglect. We would not recommend this facility under any circumstance.
One of the other reasons we graded this facility so highly is that it received a very impressive nursing rating. In that category, we awarded this facility an B-. We looked at the skill-level of nurses employed by the nursing home, in addition to the number of hours the nurses were with patients, in determining our grade in this area. This facility provided just 0.4 hours of nursing care per patient each day. This is a low total compared to most nursing homes. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this place surprisingly excelled in some of the quality-based metrics we looked at. In fact, it performed well in the area of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls.
Does this page answer your questions about A.g. Rhodes Home, - Cobb?
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home's next highest category turned out to be long-term care. In that area, we gave this nursing home a grade of B-. In our long-term care assessment, we focus more on the amount of care offered by a facility, along with some quality metrics. After looking at the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination record. We were optimistic to learn that this facility vaccinated 99.34426 percent of its patients against pneumonia. Lastly, this nursing home was also able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Short-term Care Quality
The last area we analyzed was short-term care. This facility was given a C for the category. In calculating our short-term care ratings, we scrutinize a facility's levels of skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists speech therapists and other types of therapists. This grade is typically a useful measure of a facility's rehabilitation services. Unfortunately, this facility was below average in terms of its level of registered nurse and physical therapy hours provided to its patients based on the measures we assessed. Lastly, we considered the percentage of residents that ultimately returned home from this facility. We found that 4.7 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home. This figure was quite a bit below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
A.g. Rhodes Home, - Cobb Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In A.g. Rhodes Home, - Cobb, 10.15% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric tells you the percentage of long-term residents who have new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We factor in this statistic in computing our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In A.g. Rhodes Home, - Cobb, 3.46% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents that sustained a major fall. Falls leading to severe injuries are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Falls are often the result of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In A.g. Rhodes Home, - Cobb, 3.2% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. These infections are associated with insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In A.g. Rhodes Home, - Cobb, 18.35% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients given antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be helpful for many residents, it is important to ensure these medications are being used appropriately. In limited cases, increased usage of these drugs may indicate that a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In A.g. Rhodes Home, - Cobb, 20.07% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In A.g. Rhodes Home, - Cobb, 4.8% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who are demonstrating signs of depression. Many would argue this is a reasonable measure of patient quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In A.g. Rhodes Home, - Cobb, 94.56% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In A.g. Rhodes Home, - Cobb, 16.73% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term residents who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and eating. Some experts would argue that this is a reasonable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In A.g. Rhodes Home, - Cobb, 17.19% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents who retained mobility levels. Some experts would argue that mobility is important for residents' health.
In A.g. Rhodes Home, - Cobb, 1.66 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In A.g. Rhodes Home, - Cobb, 17.19 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In A.g. Rhodes Home, - Cobb, 11.58 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to measure short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In A.g. Rhodes Home, - Cobb, 68.99% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percent of short-term residents who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many in the industry argue this is a reasonable measure of rehabilitation services.
- Wellstar Kennestone HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.63 miles away677 Church Street Marietta Georgia 30060Government - Hospital District or Authority(770) 793-5000
- Wellstar Cobb HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.47 miles away3950 Austell Rd Austell Georgia 30106Voluntary non-profit - Other(770) 732-4000
- Northside HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.85 miles away1000 Johnson Ferry Road, Ne Atlanta Georgia 30342Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 851-8000
- Children's Healthcare of Atlanta at Scottish RiteChildrens 8.87 miles away1001 Johnson Ferry Road Atlanta Georgia 30342Voluntary non-profit - Other(404) 785-5252
- Saint Joseph's Hospital of Atlanta, IncAcute Care Hospitals 9.01 miles away5665 Peachtree Dunwoody Road Atlanta Georgia 30342Voluntary non-profit - Private(678) 843-5720
- Piedmont HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.49 miles away1968 Peachtree Rd Nw Atlanta Georgia 30309Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 605-5000
- Peachford Behavioral Health System of AtlantaPsychiatric 11.98 miles away2151 Peachford Road Atlanta Georgia 30338Proprietary(770) 455-3200
- Emory University Hospital MidtownAcute Care Hospitals 12.96 miles away550 Peachtree Street, Ne Atlanta Georgia 30308Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 686-4411
- Fresenius Kidney Care East Marietta1.62 miles away2060 Lower Roswell Rd Ste. 250 Marietta Georgia 30068Dialysis Stations: 17 (770) 509-8530
- Isd Renal, Inc.1.64 miles away4880 Lower Roswell Rd Suite 770 Marietta Georgia 30068Dialysis Stations: 13 (770) 321-0675
- Davita Kennestone Dialysis1.89 miles away200 Cobb Pkwy N Building 300 Ste 318 Marietta Georgia 30062CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (678) 797-1110
- Us Renal Care Cobb Renal Center2.25 miles away506 Roswell Street Suite 100 Marietta Georgia 30060Dialysis Stations: 16 (770) 426-5110
- Reliant Renal Care Georgia, LLC3.93 miles away1720 Powder Springs Rd Marietta Georgia 30064Dialysis Stations: 17 (678) 402-6048
- Bma of Marietta Inc4.39 miles away1277 Kennestone Circle Suite 600 Marietta Georgia 30066CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (770) 424-8391
- Fmcna of North Cobb4.75 miles away1392 Bells Ferry Road Marietta Georgia 30066Dialysis Stations: 24 (770) 528-3898
- Fresenius Medical Care Highlands7 miles away2700 Highlands Parkway Ste A Smyrna Georgia 30082Dialysis Stations: 21 (678) 303-5064