A.g. Rhodes Home, - Cobb is a large non-profit nursing home located in Marietta, Georgia. We gave this facility an overall grade of B. A score of this caliber requires respectable scores in most areas. In fact, we found this facility to be better than most of the nursing homes in Marietta, which has a city grade of B-. This place's impressive profile was highlighted by its inspection rating, which we will address in the next paragraph.
A.g. Rhodes Home, - Cobb
Updated May 1, 2022 by Sara Levinsohn
900 Wylie Road,
Marietta GA 30067
83.76% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to earning a great overall rating, this nursing home fared even better in our inspections category which is associated with the nursing home's recent government inspections. We awarded it an A+ for this category, which is one of our highest grades. Arguably the most critical factor we look at in determining our inspection scores is deficiencies. These deficiencies are found on a facility's inspection reports. Nursing homes with higher scores in this area most likely avoided the more severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. Fortunately, although this nursing home had some minor dings on its report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you that CMS did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. We should point out that deficiency-free inspection reports are uncommon in the industry.
Long-term Care Quality
Contributing to its profile, this facility also received a grade of B+ for its long-term care rating. This is an above average score in this area. Nursing homes that receive this kind of score in long-term care tend to provide consistent 24/7 care to make sure patients are kept in good health. In addition to looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility provided the vaccine to 99.28316 percent of its residents, which is very impressive. Pneumonia sadly is often a deadly illness for nursing home residents so we prefer when a nursing home doesn't take any chances. Lastly, we looked at the nursing home's number of hospitalizations. Here we found that this facility had 2.59 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days.
Does this page answer your questions about A.g. Rhodes Home, - Cobb?
This facility's next best category grade came in the area of nursing. In that category, we gave this nursing home a grade of B-. This wasn't quite on par with some of its other category grades mentioned above. Our nursing grade consists of many datapoints, many of which are tied to nursing hours. Based on the CMS data, this nursing home offers 3.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, our nursing grades also factor in some quality-focused statistics. Specifically, we look at the percent of residents who sustained pressure ulcers and major falls. We view these statistics as reliable indicators of the quality of nursing care, since better care tends to reduce these problems.
Short-term Care Quality
The last category we looked at was short-term care. We awarded this nursing home a D for the area of short-term care, rendering this the nursing home's weakest category. With our short-term care grade, we try to forge a valuable gauge for rehabilitation. In doing so, we assess a nursing home's offerings of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. It looks like this place was below average in terms of its quantity of registered nurse and physical therapy hours provided to its patients based on the measures we considered. Lastly, we looked at the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. This wasn't a strength for this facility. We found that just 43.4 percent of this facility's patients returned home. At most nursing homes, about half of their patients are able to return home so this is well below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
A.g. Rhodes Home, - Cobb Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In A.g. Rhodes Home, - Cobb, 10.69% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure gauges the percent of long-term care residents which are suffering from new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We consider this statistic when determining both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In A.g. Rhodes Home, - Cobb, 3.08% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients that suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to major injury are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls are often the result of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In A.g. Rhodes Home, - Cobb, 3.2% of Patients had UTIs
This figure measures the percent of long-term patients who experienced urinary tract infections. UTI's may be an indication of lower quality nursing care. However, this statistic could be skewed for certain nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In A.g. Rhodes Home, - Cobb, 18.01% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents prescribed antipsychotic medications. These drugs are sometimes used for a variety of conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In A.g. Rhodes Home, - Cobb, 21.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of residents given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are administered to patients experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In A.g. Rhodes Home, - Cobb, 5.36% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay residents exhibiting symptoms of depression. Some experts argue that this is a reliable measure of resident quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In A.g. Rhodes Home, - Cobb, 93.3% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In A.g. Rhodes Home, - Cobb, 17.29% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and eating.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In A.g. Rhodes Home, - Cobb, 23.16% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay patients who remained mobile levels.
In A.g. Rhodes Home, - Cobb, 1.5 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Avoiding the hospital is important to maintaining the physical health of nursing home residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In A.g. Rhodes Home, - Cobb, 23.16 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between staying out of the hospital and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In A.g. Rhodes Home, - Cobb, 11.64 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In A.g. Rhodes Home, - Cobb, 69.86% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term stay residents that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Marietta, GA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-plus
Looking for more options? Marietta, Georgia has 6 other nursing homes
- Wellstar Kennestone HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.63 miles away677 Church Street Marietta Georgia 30060Government - Hospital District or Authority(770) 793-5000
- Wellstar Cobb HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.47 miles away3950 Austell Rd Austell Georgia 30106Voluntary non-profit - Other(770) 732-4000
- Northside HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.85 miles away1000 Johnson Ferry Road, Ne Atlanta Georgia 30342Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 851-8000
- Children's Healthcare of Atlanta at Scottish RiteChildrens 8.87 miles away1001 Johnson Ferry Road Atlanta Georgia 30342Voluntary non-profit - Other(404) 785-5252
- Saint Joseph's Hospital of Atlanta, IncAcute Care Hospitals 9.01 miles away5665 Peachtree Dunwoody Road Atlanta Georgia 30342Voluntary non-profit - Private(678) 843-5720
- Piedmont HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.49 miles away1968 Peachtree Rd Nw Atlanta Georgia 30309Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 605-5000
- Peachford Behavioral Health System of AtlantaPsychiatric 11.98 miles away2151 Peachford Road Atlanta Georgia 30338Proprietary(770) 455-3200
- Emory University Hospital MidtownAcute Care Hospitals 12.96 miles away550 Peachtree Street, Ne Atlanta Georgia 30308Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 686-4411
- Fresenius Kidney Care East Marietta1.62 miles away2060 Lower Roswell Rd Ste. 250 Marietta Georgia 30068Dialysis Stations: 17 (770) 509-8530
- Isd Renal, Inc.1.64 miles away4880 Lower Roswell Rd Suite 770 Marietta Georgia 30068Dialysis Stations: 13 (770) 321-0675
- Davita Kennestone Dialysis1.89 miles away200 Cobb Pkwy N Building 300 Ste 318 Marietta Georgia 30062CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (678) 797-1110
- Us Renal Care Cobb Renal Center2.25 miles away506 Roswell Street Suite 100 Marietta Georgia 30060Dialysis Stations: 16 (770) 426-5110
- Reliant Renal Care Georgia, LLC3.93 miles away1720 Powder Springs Rd Marietta Georgia 30064Dialysis Stations: 17 (678) 402-6048
- Bma of Marietta Inc4.39 miles away1277 Kennestone Circle Suite 600 Marietta Georgia 30066CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (770) 424-8391
- Fmcna of North Cobb4.75 miles away1392 Bells Ferry Road Marietta Georgia 30066Dialysis Stations: 24 (770) 528-3898
- Fresenius Medical Care Highlands7 miles away2700 Highlands Parkway Ste A Smyrna Georgia 30082Dialysis Stations: 21 (678) 303-5064