A.g. Rhodes Home, - Cobb is a facility in Marietta, Georgia which has 302,309 people. With an overall grade of D, this is a well below average nursing home. Keep in mind that Marietta received a city grade of B-, so should look at other options in the city as well. We wouldn't blame you if you're ready to stop reading and find another facility. However, if you want to learn more about this place's category grades, inspection grades are discussed in the next section.
A.g. Rhodes Home, - Cobb
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
Note: A.g. Rhodes Home, - Cobb has been flagged for abuse in the past 12 months. We have capped this facility's overall grade accordingly.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Top Nursing Home in Georgia Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Marietta, Georgia Awards 2019
Registered Staff Hours
Although we did not rate this nursing home well overall, we want to note its decent health inspections in recent years. We gave it a relatively respectable grade of B- in this category. Inspection scores weigh several factors, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these factors by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This facility received 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe deficiencies. This means that the government inspectors did not consider any of these deficiencies to be an imminent risk to resident safety or health. Finally, CMS cited this nursing home for possible abuse or neglect. Hopefully, its performance improves in the future, but until then we simply can't recommend this facility.
One of the other reasons we graded this facility so highly is that it received a very impressive nursing grade. In that category, we awarded this facility a grade of B-. In calculating our nursing scores, we factor in both staffing levels and the skill levels of those nurses. This place provides only 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident on a daily basis. This is a somewhat alarming figure which is well below the national average. Finally, despite not having the most impressive total nursing hours, this facility actually performed admirably in the area of preventing major falls. This is often a reliable indicator that a facility has quality controls in place.
Does this page answer your questions about A.g. Rhodes Home, - Cobb?
Long-term Care Quality
This facility's next highest area ended up being its long-term care score, where it was given a C. Long-term care grades assess a nursing home's assistance with daily living instead of the highly skilled nursing and healthcare services that are critical to a skilled nursing facility. One of the datapoints we considered on top of nursing hours is vaccines. Fortunately, this facility administered the pneumonia vaccination to 98.63014 percent of its residents. This nursing home also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Short-term Care Quality
Our last area is short-term care, where we awarded this facility a grade of C in that category. In crafting our short-term care ratings, we look at the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. The goal is to create a tool for sizing up the rehabilitation services of different nursing homes. Unfortunately, we found that this place provided fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most other facilities. The more important thing is determining what effect this had on the quality of care. The last datapoint we considered in this area is the number of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We discovered that just 4.7 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home, which is below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
A.g. Rhodes Home, - Cobb Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In A.g. Rhodes Home, - Cobb, 10.37% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin caused by staying in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In A.g. Rhodes Home, - Cobb, 3.17% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who experienced falls which caused severe injury. We use this statistic in calculating our nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In A.g. Rhodes Home, - Cobb, 3.19% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint indicates the percentage of long-term care residents who suffered from UTI's. UTI's may be an indication of lower quality nursing care. However, this datapoint could also be skewed for certain facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In A.g. Rhodes Home, - Cobb, 18.14% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients who were given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are administered to patients for a variety of conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias. Sadly, in some cases, increased usage of these drugs may suggest a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In A.g. Rhodes Home, - Cobb, 21.34% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of patients prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are prescribed to patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In A.g. Rhodes Home, - Cobb, 5.28% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who are demonstrating signs of depression. Many would argue this is a reasonable measure of patient quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In A.g. Rhodes Home, - Cobb, 93.36% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In A.g. Rhodes Home, - Cobb, 16.65% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term residents who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and eating. Some experts would argue that this is a reasonable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In A.g. Rhodes Home, - Cobb, 20.73% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents who retained mobility levels. Some experts would argue that mobility is important for residents' health.
In A.g. Rhodes Home, - Cobb, 1.6 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In A.g. Rhodes Home, - Cobb, 20.73 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In A.g. Rhodes Home, - Cobb, 11.5 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to measure short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In A.g. Rhodes Home, - Cobb, 69.89% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percent of short-term residents who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many in the industry argue this is a reasonable measure of rehabilitation services.
Scores for Marietta, GA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Marietta, Georgia has 6 other nursing homes
- Wellstar Kennestone HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.63 miles away677 Church Street Marietta Georgia 30060Government - Hospital District or Authority(770) 793-5000
- Wellstar Cobb HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.47 miles away3950 Austell Rd Austell Georgia 30106Voluntary non-profit - Other(770) 732-4000
- Northside HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.85 miles away1000 Johnson Ferry Road, Ne Atlanta Georgia 30342Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 851-8000
- Children's Healthcare of Atlanta at Scottish RiteChildrens 8.87 miles away1001 Johnson Ferry Road Atlanta Georgia 30342Voluntary non-profit - Other(404) 785-5252
- Saint Joseph's Hospital of Atlanta, IncAcute Care Hospitals 9.01 miles away5665 Peachtree Dunwoody Road Atlanta Georgia 30342Voluntary non-profit - Private(678) 843-5720
- Piedmont HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.49 miles away1968 Peachtree Rd Nw Atlanta Georgia 30309Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 605-5000
- Peachford Behavioral Health System of AtlantaPsychiatric 11.98 miles away2151 Peachford Road Atlanta Georgia 30338Proprietary(770) 455-3200
- Emory University Hospital MidtownAcute Care Hospitals 12.96 miles away550 Peachtree Street, Ne Atlanta Georgia 30308Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 686-4411
- Fresenius Kidney Care East Marietta1.62 miles away2060 Lower Roswell Rd Ste. 250 Marietta Georgia 30068Dialysis Stations: 17 (770) 509-8530
- Isd Renal, Inc.1.64 miles away4880 Lower Roswell Rd Suite 770 Marietta Georgia 30068Dialysis Stations: 13 (770) 321-0675
- Davita Kennestone Dialysis1.89 miles away200 Cobb Pkwy N Building 300 Ste 318 Marietta Georgia 30062CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (678) 797-1110
- Us Renal Care Cobb Renal Center2.25 miles away506 Roswell Street Suite 100 Marietta Georgia 30060Dialysis Stations: 16 (770) 426-5110
- Reliant Renal Care Georgia, LLC3.93 miles away1720 Powder Springs Rd Marietta Georgia 30064Dialysis Stations: 17 (678) 402-6048
- Bma of Marietta Inc4.39 miles away1277 Kennestone Circle Suite 600 Marietta Georgia 30066CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (770) 424-8391
- Fmcna of North Cobb4.75 miles away1392 Bells Ferry Road Marietta Georgia 30066Dialysis Stations: 24 (770) 528-3898
- Fresenius Medical Care Highlands7 miles away2700 Highlands Parkway Ste A Smyrna Georgia 30082Dialysis Stations: 21 (678) 303-5064