Riverside Village Healthcare Center is a facility in March Air Reserve Base, California, a city with a population of 1,162 people. This facility was given an overall score of F. As far as we can see, you would be better off to steer clear of this facility. We would not blame you if you are ready to stop reading and find another facility. However, if you want to learn more about this nursing home's category grades, we will discuss short-term care in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Riverside Village Healthcare Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on March Air Reserve Base senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Dialysis Transportation
- Medical Transportation
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Catheter Care
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
This facility surprisingly fared well in our short-term care rating. In fact, we awarded it a B for that category. In the area of short-term care, we try to assess indicators of a nursing home's rehabilitation services. We look at the facility's skilled nursing services, such as the ones performed by registered nurses and physical, occupational and other therapists. Unfortunately, it does not look like this facility submitted registered nurse or physical therapist staffing data. Lastly, we considered the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 6.6 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Unfortunately, this facility only received a grade of D for its nursing grade, which was actually one of its better category grades. Nursing ratings are primarily based on a nursing home's nurse staffing. This place offered just 0.4 hours of nursing care per patient per day. This is not a very impressive figure. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing ratings. This nursing home performed well in terms of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers.
Does this page answer your questions about Riverside Village Healthcare Center?
Long-term Care Quality
We gave this facility just a D for our long-term care rating. This is not a very good score. If you are looking for anything other than short-term rehabilitation, you should take a close look at each nursing home's long-term care ratings. One of the datapoints we considered on top of nurse's aid hours is vaccines. Thankfully, this facility provided the pneumonia vaccine to 100 percent of its patients. Surprisingly, this nursing home also fared well at keeping its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. Unfortunately, some of its other scores in the category weren't as favorable as these.
Moving on the last category of inspections, this facility fared very poorly. It received an F in our inspection category. When a facility has this poor of an inspection rating, you should expect some severe deficiencies on its inspection report. Severe deficiencies indicate a threat to resident safety. This nursing home was assessed 6 deficiencies by government inspectors. The only favorable thing we found is that none of its deficiencies were in the categories that indicate they caused a threat to patient health or safety. Lastly, we also want to draw your attention to the fact that this facility received large government fines of over $100,000. This typically means that a facility's bad track record has been an issue for several years.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Riverside Village Healthcare Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Riverside Village Healthcare Center, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of patients that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage resulting from staying in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Riverside Village Healthcare Center, 1.84% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint indicates the percent of long-term residents which suffered a fall which caused major injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries may be an indication of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Riverside Village Healthcare Center, 1.34% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are often linked to nursing homes with worse hygiene protocols. Better hygiene protocols minimizes the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. We want to point out that this datapoint is affected by by the fact that nursing homes have incongruent reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Riverside Village Healthcare Center, 10.3% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure is an indication of the percentage of long-term residents taking antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to confirm these medications are being used only where medically required. In some situations, increased usage of these drugs may suggest a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Riverside Village Healthcare Center, 13.84% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of residents prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are administered to patients suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Riverside Village Healthcare Center, 5.83% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who are demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Riverside Village Healthcare Center, 95.65% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay residents who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home patients, making these types of vaccines vital to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Riverside Village Healthcare Center, 8.26% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and bathing.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Riverside Village Healthcare Center, 10.41% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of patients that retained mobility levels over time. Preserving mobility is usually a good sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Riverside Village Healthcare Center, 10.41 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical abilities of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Riverside Village Healthcare Center, 11.34 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Riverside Village Healthcare Center, 79.12% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percentage of short-term care patients that experienced functional improvements.
- Riverside University Health System-Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.1 miles away26520 Cactus Avenue Moreno Valley California 92555Government - Local(951) 486-4000
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital-Moreno ValleyAcute Care Hospitals 6.26 miles away27300 Iris Avenue Moreno Valley California 92555Voluntary non-profit - Other(951) 251-6000
- Riverside Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.79 miles away4445 Magnolia Avenue Riverside California 92501Proprietary(951) 788-3000
- Doctors Hospital of RiversideAcute Care Hospitals 9.26 miles away3865 Jackson Street Riverside California 92503Voluntary non-profit - Private(951) 688-2211
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital, RiversideAcute Care Hospitals 10.5 miles away10800 Magnolia Avenue Riverside California 92505Voluntary non-profit - Other(951) 353-2000
- Loma Linda University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.31 miles away11234 Anderson St Loma Linda California 92354Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 558-4000
- Redlands Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.38 miles away350 Terracina Blvd Redlands California 92373Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 335-5500
- Arrowhead Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.32 miles away400 North Pepper Avenue Colton California 92324Government - Local(909) 580-1000
- Davita-Moreno Valley2.99 miles away22620 Goldencrest Drive, Suite 101-103 Moreno Valley California 92553CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (951) 656-3804
- Davita-Canyon Springs Dialysis3.25 miles away22555 Alessandro Blvd., Suite A Moreno Valley California 92553CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (951) 653-6400
- Davita-Vista Heights Dialysis Center6.19 miles away12220 Perris Blvd, Ste A Moreno Valley California 92557Dialysis Stations: 37 (951) 242-5112
- Davita-Valley View Dialysis6.24 miles away26900 Cactus Avenue Moreno Valley California 92555CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 34 (951) 247-2844
- Fmc-Moreno Valley6.5 miles away27420 Iris Avenue Moreno Valley California 92555Dialysis Stations: 25 (951) 242-9196
- Van Buren Dialysis9.21 miles away3595 Van Buren Blvd., Suite 101 Riverside California 92503CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (951) 977-9466
- Davita-Riverside Dialysis Center9.84 miles away4361 Latham Street, Suite 100 Riverside California 92501CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (951) 682-2700
- Davita-Riverside Pd Central10.47 miles away3660 Park Sierra, Suite 108 Riverside California 92505Dialysis Stations: 11 (951) 687-3900