Riverside Village Healthcare Center is a facility in March Air Reserve Base, California, a city with a population of 1,162 people. We gave it an overall grade of C, which is a middle of the pack rating. As far as we can see, this facility would be a solid choice for quite a few people. The best part of this place's report card was is its short-term care grade. short-term care grades are discussed in the next section.
Riverside Village Healthcare Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
17040 Arnold Dr.,
March Air Reserve Base CA 92518
99.66% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Dialysis Transportation
- Medical Transportation
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Catheter Care
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
This facility excelled in the category of short-term care, with an A- in this category. This really propped up its overall score. With our short-term care category, we try to create a meaningful measure for rehabilitation. In this process, we analyze a facility's levels of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we looked at the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 6.6 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
One of the other reasons we graded this facility so highly is that it received a very impressive nursing grade. In fact, nursing turned out to be its second best category grade. In that category, we awarded this facility an B. There are several subcategories included in this category. Many of the subcategories relate to the quantity and quality of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place California in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can generally be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as by having a system of turning a patient at least once a day.
Does this page answer your questions about Riverside Village Healthcare Center?
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on to the category of long-term care, this nursing home was given a grade of just D in that area. For residents seeking a permanent residence rather than rehabilitation, long-term care grades are an important measure. On top of looking at the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility provided the vaccine to 97.77778 percent of its patients, which is more than most nursing homes. To our surprise, this place also keeps its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. Unfortunately, some of its other scores in the category weren't as favorable as these.
In our final category of inspections, this nursing home received a horrible grade. Unfortunately, with an F in the inspection category, this nursing home's overall grade was adversely affected. When a place has this bad of an inspection grade, you should look for severe deficiencies on its inspection report. Severe deficiencies indicate a risk to the well being of residents. This facility was hit with 6 deficiencies by CMS. The only favorable thing we found is that none of the deficiencies were in the categories that indicate that they posed a risk to resident safety or health. Lastly, we want to point out that this place was assessed significant government fines in recent years totaling over $100,000. This generally suggests that a bad track record has been an issue for several years.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Riverside Village Healthcare Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Riverside Village Healthcare Center, 7.45% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of patients who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a measure of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are often the result of residents not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Riverside Village Healthcare Center, 1.7% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric measures the percentage of long-term residents which experienced falls which caused serious injury. This is one of the statistics we use in determining nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Riverside Village Healthcare Center, 1.24% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections are linked to poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Riverside Village Healthcare Center, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients who were given antipsychotic drugs. These drugs are used for treating a variety of medical conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Riverside Village Healthcare Center, 13.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are prescribed to residents suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Riverside Village Healthcare Center, 4.64% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who are showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Riverside Village Healthcare Center, 95.44% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Riverside Village Healthcare Center, 7.92% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Riverside Village Healthcare Center, 12.45% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who retained mobility levels.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Riverside Village Healthcare Center, 12.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Riverside Village Healthcare Center, 9.83 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to assess short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Riverside Village Healthcare Center, 79.79% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term care residents who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of independence with activities of daily living usually correlates with better rehabilitation services.
- Riverside University Health System-Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.1 miles away26520 Cactus Avenue Moreno Valley California 92555Government - Local(951) 486-4000
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital-Moreno ValleyAcute Care Hospitals 6.26 miles away27300 Iris Avenue Moreno Valley California 92555Voluntary non-profit - Other(951) 251-6000
- Riverside Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.79 miles away4445 Magnolia Avenue Riverside California 92501Proprietary(951) 788-3000
- Doctors Hospital of RiversideAcute Care Hospitals 9.26 miles away3865 Jackson Street Riverside California 92503Voluntary non-profit - Private(951) 688-2211
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital, RiversideAcute Care Hospitals 10.5 miles away10800 Magnolia Avenue Riverside California 92505Voluntary non-profit - Other(951) 353-2000
- Loma Linda University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.31 miles away11234 Anderson St Loma Linda California 92354Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 558-4000
- Redlands Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.38 miles away350 Terracina Blvd Redlands California 92373Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 335-5500
- Arrowhead Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.32 miles away400 North Pepper Avenue Colton California 92324Government - Local(909) 580-1000
- Davita-Moreno Valley2.99 miles away22620 Goldencrest Drive, Suite 101-103 Moreno Valley California 92553CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (951) 656-3804
- Davita-Canyon Springs Dialysis3.25 miles away22555 Alessandro Blvd., Suite A Moreno Valley California 92553CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (951) 653-6400
- Davita-Vista Heights Dialysis Center6.19 miles away12220 Perris Blvd, Ste A Moreno Valley California 92557Dialysis Stations: 37 (951) 242-5112
- Davita-Valley View Dialysis6.24 miles away26900 Cactus Avenue Moreno Valley California 92555CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 34 (951) 247-2844
- Fmc-Moreno Valley6.5 miles away27420 Iris Avenue Moreno Valley California 92555Dialysis Stations: 25 (951) 242-9196
- Van Buren Dialysis9.21 miles away3595 Van Buren Blvd., Suite 101 Riverside California 92503CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (951) 977-9466
- Davita-Riverside Dialysis Center9.84 miles away4361 Latham Street, Suite 100 Riverside California 92501CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (951) 682-2700
- Davita-Riverside Pd Central10.47 miles away3660 Park Sierra, Suite 108 Riverside California 92505Dialysis Stations: 11 (951) 687-3900