With an address in Riverview, Michigan, Aerius Health Center is one of a mere three facilities in the area. We gave this nursing home an overall grade of B-. A grade in this range requires some respectable scores. This actually turned out to be the highest graded facility in Riverview. You also may want to review this nursing home's category grades below. short-term care grades are discussed in the next section.
Aerius Health Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home really excelled in the category of short-term care, where it received an A. Few nursing homes performed better in this category. If it wasn't for this category, this nursing home's overall score would have been much lower. In our short-term care category, we try to craft a sound measure for rehabilitation. In this process, we analyze the facility's offerings of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. It does not look like this facility provided information about its staffing of registered nurses or physical therapists. Finally, we considered the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 6.9 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Inspections is another category where this facility excelled. We awarded this nursing home a grade of A- for our inspections rating. This grade is far more impressive than its overall grade. Perhaps the most important factor we consider in computing our inspection scores is deficiencies. Deficiencies are found on a facility's inspection reports. Facilities with better scores in this area typically dodged the more severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. Although this nursing home had a few deficiencies on its report, none were severe based on CMS' scale. Remember that deficiency-free inspections are rare in the industry.
Does this page answer your questions about Aerius Health Center?
This facility's next best category grade came in the area of nursing. In that category, we gave this nursing home a grade of C. Nursing grades are heavily correlated with quantity of nursing care available. This nursing home averages just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a very low figure. Finally, while this place got docked a bit for its nursing hours, it actually excelled in a few of our quality-based measures. With less than five percent of its patients sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed well in this statistic.
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we assessed was long-term care. We gave this facility a grade of D in the area of long-term care, making this the facility's worst area. For long-term care residents, the facility's primary goal is to maintain residents' quality of life and keep them safe. On top of considering the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home gave the vaccine to 99.2 percent of its patients, which is higher than most nursing homes. To our surprise, this nursing home was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had just 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. Sadly, some of its other scores in the category weren't as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Aerius Health Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Aerius Health Center, 8.85% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic tells you the percentage of long-term care residents who suffered from pressure ulcers or bed sores. We use this statistic in calculating both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Aerius Health Center, 2.88% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure measures the percentage of long-term residents that experienced a fall leading to severe injury. We use this statistic in computing nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Aerius Health Center, 2.36% of Patients had UTIs
This metric is an indication of the percentage of long-term stay patients who suffered from UTI's. While more of these infections could reflect poorly on a facility's cleanliness, it is problematic to compare different facilities due to differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Aerius Health Center, 13.01% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure measures the percentage of long-term care patients receiving antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs serve an important medical purpose, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used appropriately. In some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Aerius Health Center, 18.73% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents given antianxiety drugs. These medications are generally given to residents experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Aerius Health Center, 3.47% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term residents demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Aerius Health Center, 91.4% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Aerius Health Center, 12.4% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term patients that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and eating.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Aerius Health Center, 19.67% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of residents that remained mobile levels over time. Optimizing mobility can be a great sign for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Aerius Health Center, 19.67 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is key to restoring the health of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Aerius Health Center, 10.71 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Aerius Health Center, 76.5% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percentage of short-term care patients who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some would argue this is a measure of a facility's rehabilitation services.
- Beaumont Hospital - TrentonAcute Care Hospitals 2.94 miles away5450 Fort Street Trenton Michigan 48183Voluntary non-profit - Private(734) 671-3800
- Henry Ford Wyandotte HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.4 miles away2333 Biddle Ave Wyandotte Michigan 48192Voluntary non-profit - Private(734) 246-6000
- Beaumont Hospital - TaylorAcute Care Hospitals 6.63 miles away10000 Telegraph Road Taylor Michigan 48180Voluntary non-profit - Private(313) 295-5253
- Beaumont Hospital - DearbornAcute Care Hospitals 9.49 miles away18101 Oakwood Blvd Dearborn Michigan 48124Voluntary non-profit - Private(313) 593-7125
- Beaumont Hospital - WayneAcute Care Hospitals 11.98 miles away33155 Annapolis Ave Wayne Michigan 48184Voluntary non-profit - Private(734) 467-4175
- Garden City HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.62 miles away6245 Inkster Rd Garden City Michigan 48135Voluntary non-profit - Private(734) 421-3300
- Harper University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.28 miles away3990 John R Street Detroit Michigan 48201Proprietary(313) 745-6211
- Children's Hospital of MichiganChildrens 15.4 miles away3901 Beaubien Street Detroit Michigan 48201Proprietary(313) 745-5437
- Riverview Dialysis of Davita1.34 miles away18236 Fort St Riverview Michigan 48193CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (734) 283-4513
- Davita - Southgate4.16 miles away14752 Northline Rd Southgate Michigan 48195CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (734) 284-0005
- Fresenius Medical Care - Taylor5.2 miles away22970 Northline Rd Ste 100 Taylor Michigan 48180Dialysis Stations: 12 (734) 287-6585
- Lincoln Park Kidney Center LLC6.65 miles away1491 Southfield Rd Lincoln Park Michigan 48146Dialysis Stations: 20 (313) 928-4560
- Greenfield Hs - Taylor6.81 miles away24565 Haig Road Taylor Michigan 48180CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (313) 291-7800
- Davita - Downriver Kidney Ctr7.41 miles away5600 Allen Rd Allen Park Michigan 48101CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (313) 382-5933
- Davita - Oakwood Renal Services9.49 miles away18100 Oakwood Blvd Ste 206 Dearborn Michigan 48124Dialysis Stations: 18 (313) 438-7959
- Davita - Romulus10.39 miles away31470 Ecorse Rd Romulus Michigan 48174Dialysis Stations: 12 (734) 722-5455