With an address in Riverview, Michigan, Aerius Health Center is one of a mere three facilities in the area. We gave this nursing home an overall grade of B+. A grade in this range requires favorable scores in most areas. This actually turned out to be the highest graded facility in Riverview. We were also pleased to find that this facility didn't have any poor grades in any of the four major categories. More information about its category grades can be found below.
Aerius Health Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
13840 King Road,
Riverview MI 48193
85.25% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to receiving a strong overall grade, this facility fared well in short-term care. We awarded it an A for that category. Our short-term care ratings are thought to be most critical for folks needing rehabilitation from their nursing home. Rehabilitation typically mandates higher levels of highly-skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes not just nursing, but also physical and occupational therapy, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. However, according to the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last datapoint we assessed in this area is the percentage of residents who ultimately were able to return home from the facility. We found that 6.1 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
This facility received a very good nursing grade this year as well. It received one of our better scores in that category with a grade of B+. Our nursing score weighs several subcategories. The most heavily weighted one is the amount of time nurses spent with residents. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well in the area of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Aerius Health Center?
Adding to its impressive category grades, we awarded this nursing home a grade of B+ for our inspections rating. Inspection ratings weigh several factors, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can learn more about each of these factors by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Although this nursing home had a few deficiencies on its report, none of them were major deficiencies based on CMS' scale. A few relatively minor dings aren't the end of the world.
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we analyzed is this nursing home's weakest category. However, even in its weakest link we still awarded it an acceptable grade of C for our long-term care category. For residents in need of a permanent place to live as opposed to skilled nursing, long-term care is an important category. In addition to considering the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. Fortunately, this facility administered the vaccine to 98.42519 percent of its residents, which is a very solid statistic. This facility also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Aerius Health Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Aerius Health Center, 8.78% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of patients that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are routinely caused by residents not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols can reduce the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Aerius Health Center, 2.9% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients that sustained a major fall. Falls leading to serious injuries are often associated with lower levels of patient supervision. Better nursing protocols can limit the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Aerius Health Center, 2.36% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of residents that sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections are linked to poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Aerius Health Center, 13.11% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are administered to patients for a variety of conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias. Tragically, in limited cases, increased usage of these drugs may indicate that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Aerius Health Center, 18.81% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are commonly used to treat patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Aerius Health Center, 3.44% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay residents who are demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Aerius Health Center, 91.43% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Aerius Health Center, 12.1% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term residents that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and using the bathroom.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Aerius Health Center, 17.7% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents who maintained mobility.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Aerius Health Center, 17.7 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. Staying out of the hospital during rehabilitation is key to restoring the health of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Aerius Health Center, 10.81 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Aerius Health Center, 77.3% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percent of short-term stay residents who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many in the industry argue this is a reliable measure of a facility's rehabilitation services.
- Beaumont Hospital - TrentonAcute Care Hospitals 2.94 miles away5450 Fort Street Trenton Michigan 48183Voluntary non-profit - Private(734) 671-3800
- Henry Ford Wyandotte HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.4 miles away2333 Biddle Ave Wyandotte Michigan 48192Voluntary non-profit - Private(734) 246-6000
- Beaumont Hospital - TaylorAcute Care Hospitals 6.63 miles away10000 Telegraph Road Taylor Michigan 48180Voluntary non-profit - Private(313) 295-5253
- Beaumont Hospital - DearbornAcute Care Hospitals 9.49 miles away18101 Oakwood Blvd Dearborn Michigan 48124Voluntary non-profit - Private(313) 593-7125
- Beaumont Hospital - WayneAcute Care Hospitals 11.98 miles away33155 Annapolis Ave Wayne Michigan 48184Voluntary non-profit - Private(734) 467-4175
- Garden City HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.62 miles away6245 Inkster Rd Garden City Michigan 48135Voluntary non-profit - Private(734) 421-3300
- Harper University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.28 miles away3990 John R Street Detroit Michigan 48201Proprietary(313) 745-6211
- Children's Hospital of MichiganChildrens 15.4 miles away3901 Beaubien Street Detroit Michigan 48201Proprietary(313) 745-5437
- Riverview Dialysis of Davita1.34 miles away18236 Fort St Riverview Michigan 48193CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (734) 283-4513
- Davita - Southgate4.16 miles away14752 Northline Rd Southgate Michigan 48195CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (734) 284-0005
- Fresenius Medical Care - Taylor5.2 miles away22970 Northline Rd Ste 100 Taylor Michigan 48180Dialysis Stations: 12 (734) 287-6585
- Lincoln Park Kidney Center LLC6.65 miles away1491 Southfield Rd Lincoln Park Michigan 48146Dialysis Stations: 20 (313) 928-4560
- Greenfield Hs - Taylor6.81 miles away24565 Haig Road Taylor Michigan 48180CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (313) 291-7800
- Davita - Downriver Kidney Ctr7.41 miles away5600 Allen Rd Allen Park Michigan 48101CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (313) 382-5933
- Davita - Oakwood Renal Services9.49 miles away18100 Oakwood Blvd Ste 206 Dearborn Michigan 48124Dialysis Stations: 18 (313) 438-7959
- Davita - Romulus10.39 miles away31470 Ecorse Rd Romulus Michigan 48174Dialysis Stations: 12 (734) 722-5455