With an address in Riverview, Michigan, Aerius Health Center is the sole option we found in this city. We gave this nursing home an overall grade of B+. A score in this range requires solid marks in most areas. We were so impressed with this nursing home that we ranked it in the top third of all facilities in the nation. We were also pleased to find that this facility didn't have any poor grades in any of the four major categories. More information about its category grades can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Aerius Health Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Riverview senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to receiving a strong overall grade, this facility fared well in short-term care. We awarded it an A for that category. Our short-term care ratings are thought to be most critical for folks needing rehabilitation from their nursing home. Rehabilitation typically mandates higher levels of highly-skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes not just nursing, but also physical and occupational therapy, as well as other variations of therapy. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that this facility provided data regarding its registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. The last datapoint we looked at in this category is the percentage of residents that who were able to eventually return home from the facility. We found that 6.1 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
In addition, this nursing home also performed well in inspections, which is based on its recent inspections. In fact, we gave it an A- for that area. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in determining these inspection scores. One critical factor is health deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of deficiencies is usually more meaningful than the number of deficiencies, as some deficiencies end up being relatively minor. This facility received 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe. This tells you that the government inspectors didn't deem any of these deficiencies an imminent risk to resident safety or health. We should point out that deficiency-free inspections are rare in the industry.
Does this page answer your questions about Aerius Health Center?
This nursing home received high marks in the category of nursing. As a result, it received one of our best grades in that category with an impressive grade of A-. Our nursing score is largely based on the facility's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can frequently be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as having a system of turning a resident more frequently.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we graded is long-term care, where this facility received a C. This ended up being this nursing home's least impressive area. This is nevertheless not a bad grade. In a long-term care setting, the primary objective is to maintain patients' quality of life and keep them safe. On top of looking at the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. Fortunately, this nursing home administered the vaccine to 96.521736 percent of its patients, which is a very respectable total. This facility was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Aerius Health Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Aerius Health Center, 0% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of residents that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin resulting from remaining in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Aerius Health Center, 7.83% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of patients that have had a major fall. Falls leading to serious injuries are routinely linked to lower levels of patient supervision. Additional nurse staffing limits the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Aerius Health Center, 0.94% of Patients had UTIs
This figure measures the percentage of long-term care patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. While a higher rate infections may reflect poorly on a facility's hygiene protocols, it is problematic to compare between nursing homes due to nursing homes having reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Aerius Health Center, 18.42% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs may be helpful for many residents, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used appropriately. In limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Aerius Health Center, 24.76% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of residents prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are given to patients experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Aerius Health Center, 0% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who are demonstrating symptoms of depression. Higher rates of depression may imply lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Aerius Health Center, 96.87% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Aerius Health Center, 14.85% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term residents that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and using the bathroom.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Aerius Health Center, 7.95% of Residents
Measures the percentage of long-term patients that remained mobile levels.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Aerius Health Center, 7.95% of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Aerius Health Center, 7.12% of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between reduced emergency room visits and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Aerius Health Center, 95.61% of Resident
This datapoint measures the percentage of short-term patients that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some believe this is a reliable measure of a facility's rehabilitation performance.
- Beaumont Hospital - TrentonAcute Care Hospitals 2.94 miles away5450 Fort Street Trenton Michigan 48183Voluntary non-profit - Private(734) 671-3800
- Henry Ford Wyandotte HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.4 miles away2333 Biddle Ave Wyandotte Michigan 48192Voluntary non-profit - Private(734) 246-6000
- Beaumont Hospital - TaylorAcute Care Hospitals 6.63 miles away10000 Telegraph Road Taylor Michigan 48180Voluntary non-profit - Private(313) 295-5253
- Beaumont Hospital - DearbornAcute Care Hospitals 9.49 miles away18101 Oakwood Blvd Dearborn Michigan 48124Voluntary non-profit - Private(313) 593-7125
- Beaumont Hospital - WayneAcute Care Hospitals 11.98 miles away33155 Annapolis Ave Wayne Michigan 48184Voluntary non-profit - Private(734) 467-4175
- Garden City HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.62 miles away6245 Inkster Rd Garden City Michigan 48135Voluntary non-profit - Private(734) 421-3300
- Harper University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.28 miles away3990 John R Street Detroit Michigan 48201Proprietary(313) 745-6211
- Children's Hospital of MichiganChildrens 15.4 miles away3901 Beaubien Street Detroit Michigan 48201Proprietary(313) 745-5437
- Riverview Dialysis of Davita1.34 miles away18236 Fort St Riverview Michigan 48193CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (734) 283-4513
- Davita - Southgate4.16 miles away14752 Northline Rd Southgate Michigan 48195CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (734) 284-0005
- Fresenius Medical Care - Taylor5.2 miles away22970 Northline Rd Ste 100 Taylor Michigan 48180Dialysis Stations: 12 (734) 287-6585
- Lincoln Park Kidney Center LLC6.65 miles away1491 Southfield Rd Lincoln Park Michigan 48146Dialysis Stations: 20 (313) 928-4560
- Greenfield Hs - Taylor6.81 miles away24565 Haig Road Taylor Michigan 48180CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (313) 291-7800
- Davita - Downriver Kidney Ctr7.41 miles away5600 Allen Rd Allen Park Michigan 48101CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (313) 382-5933
- Davita - Oakwood Renal Services9.49 miles away18100 Oakwood Blvd Ste 206 Dearborn Michigan 48124Dialysis Stations: 18 (313) 438-7959
- Davita - Romulus10.39 miles away31470 Ecorse Rd Romulus Michigan 48174Dialysis Stations: 12 (734) 722-5455