AdventHealth Care Center Orlando North is a nursing home in Orlando, Florida which has a total of 878,243 people. This facility is ranked among the top facilities we assessed. A score in this range requires top-notch scores across the board. In our view, this nursing home is a no brainer for most people. Headlining this nursing home's stellar report card is its inspection reports, which we will address in the next section.
AdventHealth Care Center Orlando North
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Lymphedema Care
- Aquatic Therapy
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to earning a great overall score, this nursing home also performed well in inspections, which is based on its recent inspection reports. We gave it a grade of A in that category. Our inspection ratings are based on many datapoints found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities that score well in this category tend to have very few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these facilities should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. This facility received 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none were considered severe. This indicates that the inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies to cause an immediate threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
We also would like to note the fact that this facility received an impressive grade of A in our long-term care category. For patients looking for a permanent place to live rather than skilled nursing, long-term care is an important category. On top of looking at the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home gave the vaccine to 88.23529 percent of its residents. This is a bit below what we anticipated but still a decent percentage. Although its vaccination rate was a bit lower than we like to see, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about AdventHealth Care Center Orlando North?
Short-term Care Quality
Turning our next area, this facility was awarded first-rate short-term care score. In fact, we gave it a score of A- in this area. Short-term care grades are typically used to assess a facility's performance with rehabilitation In order to offer quality rehabilitation services, facilities generally need to provide higher levels of highly skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists and other types of therapists. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we looked at the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 6 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Moving on to our last area, this facility was awarded a high-end nursing score. In fact, we gave it a grade of B+ in this category, finishing off one of our more impressive report cards. Nursing grades are primarily based on the facility's nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can often be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as having a policy of moving a patient even once per day.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
AdventHealth Care Center Orlando North Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In AdventHealth Care Center Orlando North, 9.08% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage due to staying in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In AdventHealth Care Center Orlando North, 2.82% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of patients that sustained a major fall. Falls leading to serious injuries are considered by many experts to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care . Major falls leading to injury are often caused by poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In AdventHealth Care Center Orlando North, 1.81% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections could be associated with inadequate hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In AdventHealth Care Center Orlando North, 10.64% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients who were given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic drugs are given to residents for a variety of medical conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias. Sadly, in limited cases, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In AdventHealth Care Center Orlando North, 21.27% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic gauges the percent of long-term residents who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are prescribed to residents suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In AdventHealth Care Center Orlando North, 2.33% of Patients
This is the percent of patients who are exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In AdventHealth Care Center Orlando North, 94.94% of Patients
This is the percent of residents who were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In AdventHealth Care Center Orlando North, 13.07% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay patients that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and eating.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In AdventHealth Care Center Orlando North, 16.78% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of patients who were able to retain mobility over time. Preserving mobility is usually a great sign for residents' health.
In AdventHealth Care Center Orlando North, 1.76 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In AdventHealth Care Center Orlando North, 16.78 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In AdventHealth Care Center Orlando North, 9.16 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. There is a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In AdventHealth Care Center Orlando North, 78.49% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percentage of short-term care residents who experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Orlando, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Orlando, Florida has 19 other nursing homes
- Adventhealth OrlandoAcute Care Hospitals 2.4 miles away601 E Rollins St Orlando Florida 32803Voluntary non-profit - Private(407) 303-1976
- Orlando Health Orlando Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.32 miles away52 W Underwood St Orlando Florida 32806Voluntary non-profit - Private(321) 843-8000
- Health CentralAcute Care Hospitals 9.11 miles away10000 W Colonial Dr Ocoee Florida 34761Government - State(407) 296-1820
- Oviedo Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.67 miles away8300 Red Bug Lake Rd Oviedo Florida 32765Proprietary(407) 890-2100
- Central Florida Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.2 miles away1401 W Seminole Blvd Sanford Florida 32771Proprietary(407) 321-4500
- Nemours Children's HospitalChildrens 16.98 miles away13535 Nemours Pkwy Orlando Florida 32827Voluntary non-profit - Private(407) 567-4000
- Orlando North Dialysis0.37 miles away5135 Adanson St Ste 700 Orlando Florida 32804Dialysis Stations: 16 (407) 539-3998
- Central Orlando Dialysis2.3 miles away2548 N Orange Blossom Trail #400 Orlando Florida 32804CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (407) 246-5081
- Florida Hospital Esrd2.32 miles away601 E Rollins St Orlando Florida 32803Dialysis Stations: 12 (407) 303-1985
- West Orange Maitland Dialysis Center LLC2.32 miles away7960 Forrest City Rd Suite 105 Orlando Florida 32810Dialysis Stations: 16 (407) 297-8408
- Bio-Medical Applications of Florida, Inc.3.97 miles away6848 Aloma Ave Winter Park Florida 32792Dialysis Stations: 16 (407) 673-5191
- West Orange Orlando Dialysis Center LLC4.3 miles away828 Mercy Drive Suite 2 Orlando Florida 32808Dialysis Stations: 16 (321) 710-0352
- Bma - North Orlando4.44 miles away750 S North Lake Blvd Ste 1024 Altamonte Springs Florida 32701Dialysis Stations: 12 (407) 831-7070
- Central Florida Kidney Centers Inc4.9 miles away203 Ernestine Street Orlando Florida 32801CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 40 (407) 843-6110