Adventhealth Care Center Celebration is an average-sized non-profit nursing home located in Kissimmee, Florida. This nursing home is a grade A facility, which is a dominant score. In fact, we were so impressed with this facility that we ranked it as the number one facility in Kissimmee. This facility was also given impressive ratings in all of the major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Adventhealth Care Center Celebration
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Kissimmee senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Lymphedema Care
- Aquatic Therapy
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Best Nursing Home in Kissimmee, Florida Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
One of the many reasons this turned out to be a great nursing home is that it received an A+ short-term care grade. Our short-term care ratings are vital for residents seeking rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally utilizes higher levels of highly-skilled nursing. This includes a broad spectrum of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 6.1 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
This facility has received near flawless health inspections in recent years. We awarded them an impressive grade of A in this category. These inspection ratings take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can learn more about each of these factors by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. It doesn't appear that we have deficiency counts for this nursing home. We wish we had more information about this nursing home. Without having access to deficiency data, it was a challenge to fully evaluate it in this area.
Does this page answer your questions about Adventhealth Care Center Celebration?
Adding to its strong resume, this facility also received an excellent nursing score, with a grade of A. Nursing ratings are largely based on the facility's level of nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can many times be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as by employing a policy of turning patients more frequently.
Long-term Care Quality
Switching gears to the fourth area, this nursing home also performed well in our long-term care category. We awarded it a grade of B+ for this category. This rounded out a very strong profile. Facilities that do well in this category typically are well-staffed and provide extensive hands on care to patients. After we finished assessing the volume of care provided by nurses, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination statistics. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which is what we like to see. Pneumonia sadly is often a life threatening ailment for nursing home patients so we strongly prefer when a facility does not take any chances. Lastly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0.03 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Adventhealth Care Center Celebration Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Adventhealth Care Center Celebration, 8.65% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric indicates the percentage of long-term stay residents who developed new or worsened pressure ulcers. We have found that pressure ulcers are a great barometer of the quality of nursing care a facility provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Adventhealth Care Center Celebration, 3.33% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients that suffered a fall leading to serious injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries could be an indicator of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Adventhealth Care Center Celebration, 1.35% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients who have had a urinary tract infection. These infections may be linked to poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Adventhealth Care Center Celebration, 3.13% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of residents prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications may be helpful for many patients, it is important to confirm these medications are being used only where medically required. In limited cases, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Adventhealth Care Center Celebration, 12% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric gauges the percent of long-term patients that were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These medications are generally given to residents experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Adventhealth Care Center Celebration, 2.64% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who are exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Adventhealth Care Center Celebration, 99.25% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Adventhealth Care Center Celebration, 13.78% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Adventhealth Care Center Celebration, 16.63% of Residents
This indicates the percentage of patients who maintained mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is often a good sign for residents' health.
In Adventhealth Care Center Celebration, 0.03 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of care. There is usually a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Adventhealth Care Center Celebration, 16.63% of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Adventhealth Care Center Celebration, 4.76% of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is a correlation between reduced emergency room visits and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Adventhealth Care Center Celebration, 72.11% of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percentage of short-term stay patients who experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Kissimmee, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Kissimmee, Florida has 3 other nursing homes
- Osceola Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.95 miles away700 West Oak Street Kissimmee Florida 34741Proprietary(407) 846-2266
- Adventhealth Heart of FloridaAcute Care Hospitals 10.72 miles away40100 Hwy 27 Davenport Florida 33837Proprietary(863) 422-4971
- Poinciana Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.74 miles away325 Cypress Pkwy Kissimmee Florida 34758Proprietary(407) 530-2000
- St Cloud Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.17 miles away2906 17th Street Saint Cloud Florida 34769Proprietary(407) 498-3432
- Health CentralAcute Care Hospitals 16.44 miles away10000 W Colonial Dr Ocoee Florida 34761Government - State(407) 296-1820
- Nemours Children's HospitalChildrens 17.77 miles away13535 Nemours Pkwy Orlando Florida 32827Voluntary non-profit - Private(407) 567-4000
- Orlando Health Orlando Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 18.52 miles away52 W Underwood St Orlando Florida 32806Voluntary non-profit - Private(321) 843-8000
- Celebration Dialysis1.7 miles away1154 Celebration Blvd Kissimmee Florida 34747Dialysis Stations: 20 (407) 566-1780
- Florida Dialysis Center of Celebration LLC5.16 miles away5051 West Irlo Bronson Memorial Highway Kissimmee Florida 34746Dialysis Stations: 12 (407) 397-2588
- Fkc-Four Corners7.5 miles away503 Cagan View Road Suite 300 Clermont Florida 34714Dialysis Stations: 13 (352) 394-3003
- Davenport Dialysis Center7.52 miles away45597 Us Hwy 27 Davenport Florida 33897Dialysis Stations: 12 (863) 419-7408
- Kissimmee Dialysis8.71 miles away802 John Young Parkway Kissimmee Florida 34741CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (407) 847-4423
- Hunters Creek Dialysis9.02 miles away14050 Townloop Blvd #104a Orlando Florida 32837CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (407) 858-9458
- Kissimmee Home Training9.1 miles away1203 N Central Ave #A Kissimmee Florida 34741Dialysis Stations: 4 (407) 518-9232
- Buena Ventura Lakes Dialysis11.76 miles away1998 E Osceola Pkwy Kissimmee Florida 34743Dialysis Stations: 16 (407) 348-1271