Adventhealth Care Center Celebration is an average-sized non-profit nursing home located in Kissimmee, Florida. This nursing home was given an A- overall, which is very favorable score. Not surprisingly, this is actually the highest graded facility in Kissimmee. This place's impressive profile was highlighted by its short-term care rating, which is addressed in the next section.
Adventhealth Care Center Celebration
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
1290 Celebration Blvd,
Kissimmee FL 34747
95.58% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Lymphedema Care
- Aquatic Therapy
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Best Nursing Home in Kissimmee, Florida Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
We also found that this nursing home excelled at short-term care. We gave them an A+ in this area. Short-term care grades are meaningful for prospective residents looking for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally utilizes additional highly-skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing means a broad scope of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final measure we looked at in this area is the percentage of residents that who were able to eventually return home from the nursing home. We found that 6.1 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
In addition, this nursing home also earned a nearly flawless government inspection report. As a result, it earned one of our highest grades in that area with an A-. Inspection scores take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these issues by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Unfortunately, we were not able to find information about this nursing home's deficiencies. We would like to have more information about this nursing home. Without having complete deficiency data, it is difficult to assess it in this category.
Does this page answer your questions about Adventhealth Care Center Celebration?
Another strong feature for this facility is that it received an impressive nursing grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of B+. When computing a nursing home's nursing score, we assess the number of hours nurses commit to residents and the skill levels of those nurses. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can often be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we graded is long-term care. We awarded this nursing home a solid grade in that area, with a B-. Although this is not as high as some of this facility's other scores, it is still a middle of the pack score. Our long-term care grades are more meaningful for patients in need of more traditional services associated with activities of daily living. On top of assessing the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. Fortunately, this nursing home administered the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients, which is a very solid datapoint. This place was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. It had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Adventhealth Care Center Celebration Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Adventhealth Care Center Celebration, 9.08% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay patients who have pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are a solid barometer of the quality of nursing care a facility provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Adventhealth Care Center Celebration, 2.82% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents who suffered falls which resulted in severe injury. We use this statistic in determining nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Adventhealth Care Center Celebration, 1.81% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often caused by worse hygiene protocols. Better nursing care limits the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. We want to point out that this datapoint is sometimes skewed by the fact that nursing homes have incongruent reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Adventhealth Care Center Celebration, 10.64% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be helpful for many residents, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used appropriately. In some situations, increased usage of these drugs may mean that a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Adventhealth Care Center Celebration, 21.27% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic indicates the percent of long-term care patients receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Adventhealth Care Center Celebration, 2.33% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term stay patients demonstrating depressive symptoms. Many in the industry argue that this is a reasonable measure of quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Adventhealth Care Center Celebration, 94.94% of Patients
This is the percent of residents who have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Adventhealth Care Center Celebration, 13.07% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and using the bathroom. Many in the industry would argue that this is a reasonable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Adventhealth Care Center Celebration, 16.78% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of residents who retained mobility levels over time. Retaining mobility can be a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Adventhealth Care Center Celebration, 1.76 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. Avoiding hospitalizations is critical to preserving the physical well-being of nursing home residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Adventhealth Care Center Celebration, 16.78 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Adventhealth Care Center Celebration, 9.16 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the overall quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Adventhealth Care Center Celebration, 78.49% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term patients that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of independence with activities of daily living typically correlates with better rehabilitation.
Scores for Kissimmee, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Kissimmee, Florida has 5 other nursing homes
- Osceola Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.95 miles away700 West Oak Street Kissimmee Florida 34741Proprietary(407) 846-2266
- Adventhealth Heart of FloridaAcute Care Hospitals 10.72 miles away40100 Hwy 27 Davenport Florida 33837Proprietary(863) 422-4971
- Poinciana Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.74 miles away325 Cypress Pkwy Kissimmee Florida 34758Proprietary(407) 530-2000
- St Cloud Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.17 miles away2906 17th Street Saint Cloud Florida 34769Proprietary(407) 498-3432
- Health CentralAcute Care Hospitals 16.44 miles away10000 W Colonial Dr Ocoee Florida 34761Government - State(407) 296-1820
- Nemours Children's HospitalChildrens 17.77 miles away13535 Nemours Pkwy Orlando Florida 32827Voluntary non-profit - Private(407) 567-4000
- Orlando Health Orlando Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 18.52 miles away52 W Underwood St Orlando Florida 32806Voluntary non-profit - Private(321) 843-8000
- Celebration Dialysis1.7 miles away1154 Celebration Blvd Kissimmee Florida 34747Dialysis Stations: 20 (407) 566-1780
- Florida Dialysis Center of Celebration LLC5.16 miles away5051 West Irlo Bronson Memorial Highway Kissimmee Florida 34746Dialysis Stations: 12 (407) 397-2588
- Fkc-Four Corners7.5 miles away503 Cagan View Road Suite 300 Clermont Florida 34714Dialysis Stations: 13 (352) 394-3003
- Davenport Dialysis Center7.52 miles away45597 Us Hwy 27 Davenport Florida 33897Dialysis Stations: 12 (863) 419-7408
- Kissimmee Dialysis8.71 miles away802 John Young Parkway Kissimmee Florida 34741CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (407) 847-4423
- Hunters Creek Dialysis9.02 miles away14050 Townloop Blvd #104a Orlando Florida 32837CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (407) 858-9458
- Kissimmee Home Training9.1 miles away1203 N Central Ave #A Kissimmee Florida 34741Dialysis Stations: 4 (407) 518-9232
- Buena Ventura Lakes Dialysis11.76 miles away1998 E Osceola Pkwy Kissimmee Florida 34743Dialysis Stations: 16 (407) 348-1271