The Orchards at Wayne is a senior living facility located in Wayne, Michigan, which has 17,643 people. This facility was given a bottom of the barrel overall rating based on the data we assessed. If you are not satisfied with this facility's low overall grade, you may find you have slim pickings in Wayne. The city has just two other nursing homes. Finally, we were surprised to learn that this facility earned a decent grade in our short-term care category. You can find more information about this category below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
The Orchards at Wayne
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Wayne senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
Although we graded this nursing home incredibly poorly overall, it received a fairly respectable short-term care grade this year. We gave it a C in that category, which was the closest thing to a bright spot we found for this place. Our short-term care grades are probably most critical for individuals in need of rehabilitation from their nursing home. Rehabilitation usually mandates additional skilled nursing services. This means not merely nursing services, but also physical and occupational therapy, as well as other types of therapy. We found that this place was below average in the two key staffing areas we focus on. In fact, it offered fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most other facilities. The final datapoint we assessed in this area is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the facility and return home. We discovered that just 5.5 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home, which is actually below average.
We gave this facility a grade of just D for our nursing rating and that actually turned out to be its second highest score. Our nursing grade is primarily associated with a nursing home's nurse staffing. This facility provided just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a very low total compared to most nursing homes. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in calculating our nursing ratings. This place fared well in the area of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers.
Does this page answer your questions about The Orchards at Wayne ?
This nursing home did not receive favorable inspection reports in recent years. In fact, it only received a grade of D for its inspection grade. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in calculating these inspection ratings. One critical factor is deficiencies. We recommend you pay close attention to the level of severity of those deficiencies. This facility was hit with 7 deficiencies by government inspectors. The only favorable thing we found is that none of its deficiencies were in the categories that indicate that they created a risk to resident safety or health. Finally, we also would like to point out that this facility received large government fines amounting to over $100,000. This generally signifies that a facility's bad performance spanned more than one year.
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on to the next category, this nursing home really didn't perform very well in this area either. Due to an abysmal grade of F in long-term care, this is about as bad as it gets. When nursing homes receive a grade in this range in long-term care it generally means the nursing home did not perform well in our quality measures relating to patient care. One of the factors we considered after nursing hours is vaccinations. Frankly, we were a bit concerned this facility provided the pneumonia vaccine to a relatively low 85.35714 percent of its patients. To our surprise, this place was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this facility had less hospitalizations than many nursing homes. This is its best feature in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
The Orchards at Wayne Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In The Orchards at Wayne , 8.87% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of residents who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin caused by remaining in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In The Orchards at Wayne , 2.93% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is an indication of the percentage of long-term patients who have sustained a fall which caused severe injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries could be an indication of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In The Orchards at Wayne , 2.23% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many experts to be a barometer of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often the result of a facility with worst hygiene practices. However, this statistic could also be misleading for some nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In The Orchards at Wayne , 13.4% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents who are given antipsychotic drugs. Increased usage of these drugs may indicate that a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents in situations where such medications are not medically indicated. However, some nursing homes need to rely more on these medications due to an increased number of residents suffering from cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In The Orchards at Wayne , 19.66% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of residents given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are prescribed to patients experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In The Orchards at Wayne , 3.38% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents who are demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In The Orchards at Wayne , 91.02% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In The Orchards at Wayne , 12.09% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of patients who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with ADL's could indicate the decline of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In The Orchards at Wayne , 13.78% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of residents who were able to retain mobility over time. Optimizing mobility can be a good sign for residents' well-being.
In The Orchards at Wayne , 1.65 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In The Orchards at Wayne , 13.78 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In The Orchards at Wayne , 11.28 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the overall quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In The Orchards at Wayne , 77.57% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percent of short-term patients who experienced functional improvements.
- Beaumont Hospital - WayneAcute Care Hospitals 0.14 miles away33155 Annapolis Ave Wayne Michigan 48184Voluntary non-profit - Private(734) 467-4175
- Garden City HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.77 miles away6245 Inkster Rd Garden City Michigan 48135Voluntary non-profit - Private(734) 421-3300
- Beaumont Hospital - TaylorAcute Care Hospitals 5.54 miles away10000 Telegraph Road Taylor Michigan 48180Voluntary non-profit - Private(313) 295-5253
- Beaumont Hospital - DearbornAcute Care Hospitals 7.78 miles away18101 Oakwood Blvd Dearborn Michigan 48124Voluntary non-profit - Private(313) 593-7125
- St Mary Mercy HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.68 miles away36475 Five Mile Road Livonia Michigan 48154Voluntary non-profit - Private(734) 655-4800
- Henry Ford Wyandotte HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.78 miles away2333 Biddle Ave Wyandotte Michigan 48192Voluntary non-profit - Private(734) 246-6000
- Beaumont Hospital - Farmington HillsAcute Care Hospitals 11.88 miles away28050 Grand River Avenue Farmington Michigan 48336Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 471-8000
- Forest Health Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.46 miles away135 S Prospect St Ypsilanti Michigan 48198Government - Hospital District or Authority(734) 547-4700
- Davita - Romulus1.66 miles away31470 Ecorse Rd Romulus Michigan 48174Dialysis Stations: 12 (734) 722-5455
- Davita - Garden West3.57 miles away5715 N Venoy Rd Westland Michigan 48185CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (734) 261-9418
- Fmc Dialysis - Romulus3.85 miles away11200 Metro Airport Center Dr Ste 120 Romulus Michigan 48174Dialysis Stations: 14 (734) 955-7333
- Westland Dialysis of Davita3.89 miles away36588 Ford Rd Westland Michigan 48185CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (734) 721-1030
- Fmc - Garden City5.27 miles away27201 W Warren St Dearborn Heights Michigan 48127Dialysis Stations: 16 (313) 274-5568
- Greenfield Hs - Taylor5.33 miles away24565 Haig Road Taylor Michigan 48180CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (313) 291-7800
- Davita - Dearborn at Home6.41 miles away22030 Park St Dearborn Michigan 48124Dialysis Stations: 2 (313) 792-7343
- Davita - Dearborn6.46 miles away1185 Monroe St Dearborn Michigan 48124CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (313) 274-8100