Advantage Living Center - Wayne is in Wayne, Michigan, a city with 17,643 people. This nursing home was given an overall grade of F. Wayne received a city grade of C, so there are other options in the city worth looking at. Finally, we were surprised to learn that this facility received a decent score in the area of nursing. You can find additional information about this category below.
Advantage Living Center - Wayne
Updated May 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
4427 Venoy Rd,
Wayne MI 48184
38.71% estimated occupancy 1
Note: Advantage Living Center - Wayne has been flagged for abuse in the past 12 months. We have capped this facility's overall grade accordingly.
Registered Staff Hours
Although we gave this facility a terrible overall grade, we awarded it a grade of C for our nursing rating. The nursing rating includes numerous factors. The most important one is the quantity of hours nurses spend with patients. This facility provided just 2.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a relatively low total compared to most other facilities. Finally, nursing scores also factor in quality-based metrics, such as preventing major falls. Despite not having the highest total nursing hours per resident, this nursing home actually performed admirably in the metric of preventing major falls. This is usually a good indicator that a nursing home has sufficient quality controls in place. Some falls can be avoided if a facility supplies enough nurses to assist its patients.
Short-term Care Quality
We gave this facility a grade of just D for our short-term care grade and that actually wound up as its second most respectable category. In calculating these short-term care grades, we assess the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, speech therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. Our objective is to create a barometer for sizing up the rehabilitation services of nursing homes. Given its grade in this category, we were not surprised to find that this facility is well below average in terms of the number of physical therapy and registered nurse hours provided to its residents based on the metrics we assessed. The last area we assessed in this area is the percentage of patients who ultimately returned home from the facility. This place fared better in this area, with 56.7 percent of its residents returning home. This was just about this nursing home's only redeeming quality in this category.
Does this page answer your questions about Advantage Living Center - Wayne?
This nursing home received a grade of just D in the area of inspections. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in computing our inspection ratings. One critical factor is health deficiencies. We recommend you pay close attention to the severity of those deficiencies. This particular facility was assessed 7 deficiencies on its inspection report. The only favorable thing we found is that none of these deficiencies were in the categories that suggest they posed a threat to resident health or safety. Finally, CMS cited this nursing home for possible abuse or neglect. Hopefully, its performance improves in the future, but until then we simply can't recommend this facility.
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we scored was long-term care, in which this facility was given a poor grade here as well. It received an F in this category, which is obviously very concerning. For prospective residents seeking a permanent place to live rather than skilled nursing, long-term care is an important category. One of the statistics we considered in addition to nursing hours is vaccines. Fortunately, this nursing home administered the pneumonia vaccine to 96.958176 percent of its residents. Surprisingly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. Although it had 2.94 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, its risk adjusted score was not bad since it had more complicated patients.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Advantage Living Center - Wayne Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Advantage Living Center - Wayne, 8.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are often caused by residents not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Advantage Living Center - Wayne, 2.87% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of patients who suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in major injury are considered by many experts to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . Major falls are often the result of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Advantage Living Center - Wayne, 2.36% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are often associated with lower quality nursing care. Closer supervision reduces the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. We want to point out that this metric is sometimes skewed by the fact that nursing homes have varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Advantage Living Center - Wayne, 13.06% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric gauges the percentage of long-term residents taking antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to make sure these medications are being used appropriately. In limited situations, increased usage of these drugs may mean that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Advantage Living Center - Wayne, 18.58% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic measures the percent of long-term stay patients that were administered antianxiety medication. These drugs are given to patients suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Advantage Living Center - Wayne, 3.45% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay patients exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Advantage Living Center - Wayne, 91.71% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Advantage Living Center - Wayne, 12.37% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care patients who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and eating.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Advantage Living Center - Wayne, 19.59% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of patients who were able to retain mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is often a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Advantage Living Center - Wayne, 1.35 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Advantage Living Center - Wayne, 19.59 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical abilities of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Advantage Living Center - Wayne, 10.82 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Advantage Living Center - Wayne, 76.52% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of short-term care patients that saw functional improvements.
- Beaumont Hospital - WayneAcute Care Hospitals 0.14 miles away33155 Annapolis Ave Wayne Michigan 48184Voluntary non-profit - Private(734) 467-4175
- Garden City HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.77 miles away6245 Inkster Rd Garden City Michigan 48135Voluntary non-profit - Private(734) 421-3300
- Beaumont Hospital - TaylorAcute Care Hospitals 5.54 miles away10000 Telegraph Road Taylor Michigan 48180Voluntary non-profit - Private(313) 295-5253
- Beaumont Hospital - DearbornAcute Care Hospitals 7.78 miles away18101 Oakwood Blvd Dearborn Michigan 48124Voluntary non-profit - Private(313) 593-7125
- St Mary Mercy HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.68 miles away36475 Five Mile Road Livonia Michigan 48154Voluntary non-profit - Private(734) 655-4800
- Henry Ford Wyandotte HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.78 miles away2333 Biddle Ave Wyandotte Michigan 48192Voluntary non-profit - Private(734) 246-6000
- Beaumont Hospital - Farmington HillsAcute Care Hospitals 11.88 miles away28050 Grand River Avenue Farmington Michigan 48336Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 471-8000
- Forest Health Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.46 miles away135 S Prospect St Ypsilanti Michigan 48198Government - Hospital District or Authority(734) 547-4700
- Davita - Romulus1.66 miles away31470 Ecorse Rd Romulus Michigan 48174Dialysis Stations: 12 (734) 722-5455
- Davita - Garden West3.57 miles away5715 N Venoy Rd Westland Michigan 48185CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (734) 261-9418
- Fmc Dialysis - Romulus3.85 miles away11200 Metro Airport Center Dr Ste 120 Romulus Michigan 48174Dialysis Stations: 14 (734) 955-7333
- Westland Dialysis of Davita3.89 miles away36588 Ford Rd Westland Michigan 48185CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (734) 721-1030
- Fmc - Garden City5.27 miles away27201 W Warren St Dearborn Heights Michigan 48127Dialysis Stations: 16 (313) 274-5568
- Greenfield Hs - Taylor5.33 miles away24565 Haig Road Taylor Michigan 48180CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (313) 291-7800
- Davita - Dearborn at Home6.41 miles away22030 Park St Dearborn Michigan 48124Dialysis Stations: 2 (313) 792-7343
- Davita - Dearborn6.46 miles away1185 Monroe St Dearborn Michigan 48124CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (313) 274-8100