Advantage Living Center - Warren is a large nursing home located in Warren, Michigan. Our scoring scheme was not kind to this nursing home, as we gave it an overall rating of F. Unfortunately, the city grade for Warren isn't too much better. Nevertheless, you still should be able to do better Finally, we were surprised to learn that this place received a decent score in our long-term care category. We provide additional information about this category below.
Advantage Living Center - Warren
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
While this nursing home's overall grade was as bad as it gets, it actually didn't perform terribly in the area of inspections. In fact, we awarded it a C for that category, which is one of our better scores. Inspection grades take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these factors by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This nursing home had 7 deficiencies on its government inspection report, but fortunately none were in any of the categories labeled J through L. This tells you inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies to place resident health or safety in imminent harm or jeopardy. Unfortunately, we also need to draw your attention to the fact that this facility received significant government fines in recent years.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility wound up receiving a rock-bottom grade in our long-term care area. It was given a lowly F in this category. Nursing homes that do not fare well in long-term care typically are not as well-staffed and are lagging in some of the areas of routine healthcare services we assessed. In addition to assessing the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. We were a bit bothered by the fact that this facility provided the vaccine to only 53.41246 percent of its patients. To our surprise, this nursing home was actually decent at keeping its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had just 0.03 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. This was its best score in this category.
Does this page answer your questions about Advantage Living Center - Warren?
We also wanted to point out that this nursing home received an F for its nursing grade. We looked at the qualifications of nurses employed by the facility, in addition to the quantity of time those nurses worked with patients, in calculating our grade in this area. With a meager 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient daily, this nursing home's nurse staffing levels were quite a bit below the national average. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing ratings. This place performed well in terms of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls.
Short-term Care Quality
The next area we assessed was short-term care, in which this nursing home received a very poor score here as well. Sadly, it received a lowly F in this category, which is definitely somewhat alarming. Short-term care grades are typically used to gauge a nursing home's rehabilitation services. To offer highly rated rehabilitation services, facilities generally must provide better levels of skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, respiratory therapists and other licensed professionals. Not surprisingly, we found that this nursing home provides far less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than the average facility. Finally, we considered the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. This definitely was not a strength for this nursing home. We found that just 4.5 percent of this facility's residents returned home. At most facilities, around half of their patients are able to return home so this is well below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Advantage Living Center - Warren Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Advantage Living Center - Warren, 8.85% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are often the result of patients staying in one position for too long. Better nursing protocols reduces the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Advantage Living Center - Warren, 2.88% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents that suffered from a fall leading to severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Advantage Living Center - Warren, 2.36% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many experts to be a measure of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely associated with a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this datapoint can also be misleading for certain facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Advantage Living Center - Warren, 13.01% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic drugs are prescribed to patients for a variety of medical conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias. Sadly, in limited situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Advantage Living Center - Warren, 18.73% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of patients prescribed antianxiety drugs. These medications are prescribed to residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Advantage Living Center - Warren, 3.47% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who are demonstrating symptoms of depression. Increased rates of depression may reveal worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Advantage Living Center - Warren, 91.4% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents that were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Advantage Living Center - Warren, 12.4% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and eating.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Advantage Living Center - Warren, 19.67% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care residents that retained mobility levels. Many would argue that mobility is critical to residents' mental and physical health.
In Advantage Living Center - Warren, 1.35 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. Minimizing hospitalizations is important to the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Advantage Living Center - Warren, 19.67 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Advantage Living Center - Warren, 10.71 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Advantage Living Center - Warren, 76.5% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percentage of short-term stay patients that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some would argue this is a measure of a facility's rehabilitation services.
Scores for Warren, MI
- Overall Rating has a grade of D
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of C
Looking for more options? Warren, Michigan has 5 other nursing homes
- Ascension Macomb Oakland Hosp-Warren CampusAcute Care Hospitals 0.16 miles away11800 East Twelve Mile Road Warren Michigan 48093Voluntary non-profit - Private(586) 573-5000
- Ascension St John HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.48 miles away22101 Moross Rd Grosse Pointe Michigan 48236Voluntary non-profit - Church(313) 343-4000
- Henry Ford Macomb HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.57 miles away15855 Nineteen Mile Rd Clinton Township Michigan 48038Voluntary non-profit - Private(586) 263-2300
- Mclaren MacombAcute Care Hospitals 7.64 miles away1000 Harrington St Mount Clemens Michigan 48043Voluntary non-profit - Private(586) 493-8000
- Beaumont Hospital, Grosse PointeAcute Care Hospitals 9.54 miles away468 Cadieux Rd Grosse Pointe Michigan 48230Voluntary non-profit - Private(313) 343-1000
- Beaumont Hospital, Royal OakAcute Care Hospitals 9.75 miles away3601 W Thirteen Mile Rd Royal Oak Michigan 48073Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 898-5000
- Henry Ford HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.72 miles away2799 W Grand Blvd Detroit Michigan 48202Voluntary non-profit - Private(313) 916-2600
- Ascension Providence HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.93 miles away16001 W Nine Mile Rd Southfield Michigan 48075Voluntary non-profit - Church(248) 849-3011
- Fmc Dialysis - Warren0.68 miles away30300 Hoover Rd Ste 100 Warren Michigan 48093CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (586) 558-8890
- Macomb Kidney Center of Davita0.73 miles away28295 Schoenherr Rd Suite A Warren Michigan 48088CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (586) 558-8160
- Davita Roseville Commons Dialysis3.7 miles away18001 E 10 Mile Rd Ste B Roseville Michigan 48066Dialysis Stations: 24 (586) 771-2286
- Nephrology Center of Eastpointe LLC4.16 miles away24931 Kelly Rd Eastpointe Michigan 48021Dialysis Stations: 24 (586) 771-0675
- Fmc Dialysis - Madison Heights4.82 miles away25780 Commerce Dr Madison Heights Michigan 48071Dialysis Stations: 18 (248) 398-8090
- Greenfield Hs - Eastpointe4.84 miles away21400 Kelly Rd Eastpointe Michigan 48021CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (586) 779-8779
- Fmc Dialysis - Clinton5.15 miles away35351a S Gratiot Ave Clinton Township Michigan 48035CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (586) 791-6203
- Davita Troy Dialysis5.15 miles away2391 15 Mile Rd Sterling Heights Michigan 48310Dialysis Stations: 13 (586) 795-2920