Advantage Living Center - Warren is a large nursing home located in Warren, Michigan. Our scoring scheme was not kind to this nursing home, as we gave it an overall rating of F. Unfortunately, the city grade for Warren isn't too much better. Nevertheless, you still should be able to do better While this nursing home received suboptimal grades this year, we did want to let you know that there was a recent ownership change. We will keep an eye on their inspections and quality scores to see whether their performance warrants better scores in the future.
Advantage Living Center - Warren
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
12250 E 12 Mile Rd,
Warren MI 48093
87.76% estimated occupancy 1
Please note our records indicate that Advantage Living Center - Warren has changed ownership recently and while our data on this page is up-to-date there is a chance that the quality of this facility may change under new management.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
Unfortunately, we did not have any favorable things to write about this nursing home's overall grade or its other ratings. Its best area was the category of inspections. However, with a D in this category, it still performed relatively poorly. One of the most significant factors in evaluating an inspection report is deficiencies. We recommend you scrutinize the severity of those deficiencies. This nursing home was hit with one category G through L deficiency, which rank among the more severe categories of deficiencies. This generally indicates that the deficiencies found by the government inspectors had potential to cause actual harm to residents. Finally, we also need to point out that this facility received significant government fines of more than $100,000. This typically means that a bad performance has been an issue for several years.
Short-term Care Quality
We also would like to note that this facility was given an F for its short-term care grade. In calculating our short-term care ratings, we assess a nursing home's levels of highly skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists speech therapists and other highly skilled individuals. This grade is frequently a meaningful measure of the nursing home's rehabilitation services. Not surprisingly, we found that this nursing home provides far less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than the average facility. Lastly, we considered the percentage of residents who ultimately returned home from this facility. This facility didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 4.7 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home. This figure was quite a bit off the national average.
Does this page answer your questions about Advantage Living Center - Warren?
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we looked at was long-term care, where this facility was given an F. Nursing homes that receive this type of score in long-term care likely don't provide the kind of consistent around the clock care that some other nursing homes provide. After looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then looked at the facility's vaccination records. We were concerned by the fact that this nursing home vaccinated only 48.189415 percent of its patients against pneumonia. To our surprise, this place was actually decent at keeping its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had just 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. This was its best score in this category.
The next area we scored was nursing, where this nursing home received a bottom of the barrel grade in this area also. It received a lowly F in this category, which is obviously a major disappointment. In computing our nursing grades, we look at both the number of hours nurses spend with residents and the training levels of the nurses. This facility provided just 0.2 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a very low total compared to most nursing homes. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in calculating our nursing scores. This place performed well in terms of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these metrics to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Advantage Living Center - Warren Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Advantage Living Center - Warren, 8.78% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin due to remaining in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Advantage Living Center - Warren, 2.9% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients who sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injuries are considered to be a barometer of nursing care . Falls which result in injury are routinely caused by lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Advantage Living Center - Warren, 2.36% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are routinely linked to facilities with lower levels of hygiene. Better hygiene protocols can limit the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. Keep in mind that this metric is sometimes skewed by the fact that facilities have incongruent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Advantage Living Center - Warren, 13.11% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is an indication of the percentage of long-term residents who are administered antipsychotic medication. Increased usage of these drugs may indicate that a facility is using these medications to subdue residents in situations where such medications are not medically required. Nevertheless, some nursing homes need to rely more on these drugs due to having more patients suffering from dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Advantage Living Center - Warren, 18.81% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Advantage Living Center - Warren, 3.44% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care residents exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Advantage Living Center - Warren, 91.43% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents that received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Advantage Living Center - Warren, 12.1% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay residents who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and using the bathroom. Many argue this is a reliable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Advantage Living Center - Warren, 17.7% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of patients that were able to retain mobility over time. Preserving mobility is usually a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Advantage Living Center - Warren, 1.47 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Advantage Living Center - Warren, 17.7 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term resident care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the health of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Advantage Living Center - Warren, 10.81 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to measure the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Advantage Living Center - Warren, 77.3% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percentage of short-term care residents that saw functional improvements.
Scores for Warren, MI
- Overall Rating has a grade of D
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Inspection Rating has a grade of C
Looking for more options? Warren, Michigan has 5 other nursing homes
- Ascension Macomb Oakland Hosp-Warren CampusAcute Care Hospitals 0.16 miles away11800 East Twelve Mile Road Warren Michigan 48093Voluntary non-profit - Private(586) 573-5000
- Ascension St John HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.48 miles away22101 Moross Rd Grosse Pointe Michigan 48236Voluntary non-profit - Church(313) 343-4000
- Henry Ford Macomb HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.57 miles away15855 Nineteen Mile Rd Clinton Township Michigan 48038Voluntary non-profit - Private(586) 263-2300
- Mclaren MacombAcute Care Hospitals 7.64 miles away1000 Harrington St Mount Clemens Michigan 48043Voluntary non-profit - Private(586) 493-8000
- Beaumont Hospital, Grosse PointeAcute Care Hospitals 9.54 miles away468 Cadieux Rd Grosse Pointe Michigan 48230Voluntary non-profit - Private(313) 343-1000
- Beaumont Hospital, Royal OakAcute Care Hospitals 9.75 miles away3601 W Thirteen Mile Rd Royal Oak Michigan 48073Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 898-5000
- Henry Ford HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.72 miles away2799 W Grand Blvd Detroit Michigan 48202Voluntary non-profit - Private(313) 916-2600
- Ascension Providence HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.93 miles away16001 W Nine Mile Rd Southfield Michigan 48075Voluntary non-profit - Church(248) 849-3011
- Fmc Dialysis - Warren0.68 miles away30300 Hoover Rd Ste 100 Warren Michigan 48093CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (586) 558-8890
- Macomb Kidney Center of Davita0.73 miles away28295 Schoenherr Rd Suite A Warren Michigan 48088CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (586) 558-8160
- Davita Roseville Commons Dialysis3.7 miles away18001 E 10 Mile Rd Ste B Roseville Michigan 48066Dialysis Stations: 24 (586) 771-2286
- Nephrology Center of Eastpointe LLC4.16 miles away24931 Kelly Rd Eastpointe Michigan 48021Dialysis Stations: 24 (586) 771-0675
- Fmc Dialysis - Madison Heights4.82 miles away25780 Commerce Dr Madison Heights Michigan 48071Dialysis Stations: 18 (248) 398-8090
- Greenfield Hs - Eastpointe4.84 miles away21400 Kelly Rd Eastpointe Michigan 48021CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (586) 779-8779
- Fmc Dialysis - Clinton5.15 miles away35351a S Gratiot Ave Clinton Township Michigan 48035CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (586) 791-6203
- Davita Troy Dialysis5.15 miles away2391 15 Mile Rd Sterling Heights Michigan 48310Dialysis Stations: 13 (586) 795-2920