Advantage Living Center - Warren is a large nursing home located in Warren, Michigan. Our scoring scheme was not kind to this nursing home, as we gave it an overall rating of F. Unfortunately, the city grade for Warren isn't too much better. Nevertheless, you still should be able to do better While this nursing home received suboptimal grades this year, we did want to let you know that there was a recent ownership change. We will keep an eye on their inspections and quality scores to see whether their performance warrants better scores in the future.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Advantage Living Center - Warren
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Please note our records indicate that Advantage Living Center - Warren has changed ownership recently and while our data on this page is up-to-date there is a chance that the quality of this facility may change under new management.
Get pricing and details on Warren senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
While this nursing home's overall grade was as bad as it gets, it actually didn't perform terribly in the area of inspections. In fact, we awarded it a B- for that category, which is one of our better scores. We believe that one of the most critical factors in evaluating an inspection report is deficiencies. We especially focus on the severity of the deficiencies. This particular nursing home received 7 deficiencies on its inspection report. Overall, this is still a solid inspection report, but we'd always recommend looking into any deficiencies you find troubling.
Short-term Care Quality
Unfortunately, we gave this facility an F for its short-term care grade. Our short-term care grade is often employed to grade a nursing home's performance with rehabilitation. In order to provide high-end rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally must offer better levels of highly skilled nursing services. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, respiratory therapists and other licensed professionals. With its score in this area, we were not stunned to discover that this facility is well below average in terms of its quantity of registered nurse and physical therapy hours offered to its residents based on the measures we looked at. Honestly, this was about what we expected to find. Lastly, we looked at the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. This was not a strength for this facility. We found that just 4.7 percent of this facility's residents returned home. At most facilities, about half of their residents are able to return home so this is well below average.
Does this page answer your questions about Advantage Living Center - Warren?
We also wanted to point out that this nursing home received an F for its nursing grade. In computing a nursing home's nursing score, we weigh the amount of time nurses are caring for residents and the skill levels of the nurses. This place averaged a meager 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient daily. This is well below average. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in calculating our nursing scores. This nursing home fared well in terms of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers.
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we looked at is long-term care, in which this nursing home was given a very poor grade here also. We gave it a lowly F in this area, which is definitely a major concern. Facilities that do not score well in long-term care often don't provide as much nursing care and also may be lagging in some of the areas of routine healthcare services we assessed. After we finished looking at the quantity of nursing care, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination data. We were a bit bothered by the fact that this facility vaccinated a relatively low 41.388172 percent of its patients against pneumonia. Surprisingly, this place was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this nursing home has fewer hospitalizations than the majority of nursing homes. This is its best score in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Advantage Living Center - Warren Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Advantage Living Center - Warren, 8.87% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of patients that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage resulting from staying in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Advantage Living Center - Warren, 2.93% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of residents who sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injury are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care . Falls which result in injury are often caused by lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Advantage Living Center - Warren, 2.23% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections may be linked to insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Advantage Living Center - Warren, 13.4% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint gauges the percent of long-term residents who are administered antipsychotic medication. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior in situations where such medications are not medically indicated. However, some facilities need to rely more on these medications due to having more patients with dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Advantage Living Center - Warren, 19.66% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic is an indication of the percentage of long-term care residents receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Advantage Living Center - Warren, 3.38% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Advantage Living Center - Warren, 91.02% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Advantage Living Center - Warren, 12.09% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Advantage Living Center - Warren, 13.78% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of patients that remained mobile levels over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a great sign for residents' health.
In Advantage Living Center - Warren, 1.65 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Advantage Living Center - Warren, 13.78 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care. Minimizing rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is key to restoring the health of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Advantage Living Center - Warren, 11.28 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to assess patient well-being during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Advantage Living Center - Warren, 77.57% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term patients that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Warren, MI
- Overall Rating has a grade of D
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Inspection Rating has a grade of C
Looking for more options? Warren, Michigan has 5 other nursing homes
- Ascension Macomb Oakland Hosp-Warren CampusAcute Care Hospitals 0.16 miles away11800 East Twelve Mile Road Warren Michigan 48093Voluntary non-profit - Private(586) 573-5000
- Ascension St John HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.48 miles away22101 Moross Rd Grosse Pointe Michigan 48236Voluntary non-profit - Church(313) 343-4000
- Henry Ford Macomb HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.57 miles away15855 Nineteen Mile Rd Clinton Township Michigan 48038Voluntary non-profit - Private(586) 263-2300
- Mclaren MacombAcute Care Hospitals 7.64 miles away1000 Harrington St Mount Clemens Michigan 48043Voluntary non-profit - Private(586) 493-8000
- Beaumont Hospital, Grosse PointeAcute Care Hospitals 9.54 miles away468 Cadieux Rd Grosse Pointe Michigan 48230Voluntary non-profit - Private(313) 343-1000
- Beaumont Hospital, Royal OakAcute Care Hospitals 9.75 miles away3601 W Thirteen Mile Rd Royal Oak Michigan 48073Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 898-5000
- Henry Ford HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.72 miles away2799 W Grand Blvd Detroit Michigan 48202Voluntary non-profit - Private(313) 916-2600
- Ascension Providence HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.93 miles away16001 W Nine Mile Rd Southfield Michigan 48075Voluntary non-profit - Church(248) 849-3011
- Fmc Dialysis - Warren0.68 miles away30300 Hoover Rd Ste 100 Warren Michigan 48093CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (586) 558-8890
- Macomb Kidney Center of Davita0.73 miles away28295 Schoenherr Rd Suite A Warren Michigan 48088CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (586) 558-8160
- Davita Roseville Commons Dialysis3.7 miles away18001 E 10 Mile Rd Ste B Roseville Michigan 48066Dialysis Stations: 24 (586) 771-2286
- Nephrology Center of Eastpointe LLC4.16 miles away24931 Kelly Rd Eastpointe Michigan 48021Dialysis Stations: 24 (586) 771-0675
- Fmc Dialysis - Madison Heights4.82 miles away25780 Commerce Dr Madison Heights Michigan 48071Dialysis Stations: 18 (248) 398-8090
- Greenfield Hs - Eastpointe4.84 miles away21400 Kelly Rd Eastpointe Michigan 48021CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (586) 779-8779
- Fmc Dialysis - Clinton5.15 miles away35351a S Gratiot Ave Clinton Township Michigan 48035CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (586) 791-6203
- Davita Troy Dialysis5.15 miles away2391 15 Mile Rd Sterling Heights Michigan 48310Dialysis Stations: 13 (586) 795-2920