Advantage Living Center - Roseville is a large facility located in Roseville, Michigan. Our scoring system was not favorable to this nursing home, as it received an overall score of F. If you are not satisfied with this facility's pedestrian overall grade, you may have to look in other cities as this is the only nursing home in Roseville. More information on this nursing home's category grades may be found below. Its best category is nursing, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
Advantage Living Center - Roseville
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
Note: Advantage Living Center - Roseville has been flagged for abuse in the past 12 months. We have capped this facility's overall grade accordingly.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to receiving a terrible overall score, we also gave this nursing home weak scores across the board in our category grades. It received just a D for its nursing grade, which proved to be its best category. Our nursing grade assesses the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. We consider both the levels of skill of the nurses and the number of hours spent with patients. This facility provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a very low total compared to most nursing homes. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in calculating our nursing ratings. This place performed well in terms of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. Many consider these areas to be reliable measures of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
Unfortunately, this facility only earned a grade of D for its short-term care grade, which is actually one of its higher category grades. Short-term care grades are based on the nursing home's quantity of skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This includes a broad spectrum of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. Considering its grade in this category, we weren't stunned to discover that this nursing home is well below average in terms of its quantity of physical therapy and registered nurse hours offered to its patients based on the measures we looked at. The final datapoint we considered in this area is the number of residents that ultimately were able to return home from the facility. This nursing home struggled quite a bit in this metric as well, with just 5.1 percent of its patients returning home.
Does this page answer your questions about Advantage Living Center - Roseville?
Among this facility's alarming category grades was an F for its inspection grade. More often than not, this means we found some red flags on the facility's inspection reports. For facilities that received this poor of an inspection rating, we recommend scrutinizing the severe deficiencies on its inspection report. This facility had one category G through L deficiency, which rank among the more serious deficiencies. These categories indicate that the deficiencies uncovered by inspectors had the potential to create actual harm to residents. In addition to having severe deficiencies, this nursing home was cited by CMS for possible abuse or neglect. This is generally a really bad sign. We would never recommend this facility.
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to our final area, this facility did not perform very well in this area either. Due to a rock bottom grade of F in long-term care, this is just about as bad as it gets. Long-term care scores in this range generally are a bad sign for the quantity and quality of care provided by nurses and aids, as well as the levels of routine medical care available. After assessing the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination record. We were concerned by the fact that this facility vaccinated a relatively low 84.90099 percent of its patients against pneumonia. Surprisingly, this nursing home was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this nursing home had fewer hospitalizations than the average nursing home. This is its best score in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Advantage Living Center - Roseville Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Advantage Living Center - Roseville, 8.85% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of long-term care residents which developed pressure ulcers. We find that pressure ulcers are a solid barometer of a facility's nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Advantage Living Center - Roseville, 2.88% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of residents who sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injury are often caused by lower levels of patient supervision. More supervision can reduce the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Advantage Living Center - Roseville, 2.36% of Patients had UTIs
This figure indicates the percentage of long-term care residents that have sustained a UTI. While a higher rate infections could reflect poorly on a nursing home's nursing care, it is difficult to compare between facilities due to varying reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Advantage Living Center - Roseville, 13.01% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be helpful for many patients, it is important to ensure these medications are being used appropriately. In some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may mean a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Advantage Living Center - Roseville, 18.73% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric is an indication of the percent of long-term residents receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Advantage Living Center - Roseville, 3.47% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay residents exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Advantage Living Center - Roseville, 91.4% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Advantage Living Center - Roseville, 12.4% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and using the bathroom.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Advantage Living Center - Roseville, 19.67% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percent of long-term care residents that retained mobility levels. Some experts believe that the ability to move around is important for residents' health.
In Advantage Living Center - Roseville, 1.35 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Advantage Living Center - Roseville, 19.67 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. There is a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Advantage Living Center - Roseville, 10.71 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Advantage Living Center - Roseville, 76.5% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percentage of short-term stay residents that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some experts would argue this is a reliable measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation performance.
- Ascension Macomb Oakland Hosp-Warren CampusAcute Care Hospitals 4.19 miles away11800 East Twelve Mile Road Warren Michigan 48093Voluntary non-profit - Private(586) 573-5000
- Ascension St John HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.5 miles away22101 Moross Rd Grosse Pointe Michigan 48236Voluntary non-profit - Church(313) 343-4000
- Beaumont Hospital, Grosse PointeAcute Care Hospitals 6.9 miles away468 Cadieux Rd Grosse Pointe Michigan 48230Voluntary non-profit - Private(313) 343-1000
- Mclaren MacombAcute Care Hospitals 7.36 miles away1000 Harrington St Mount Clemens Michigan 48043Voluntary non-profit - Private(586) 493-8000
- Henry Ford Macomb HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.16 miles away15855 Nineteen Mile Rd Clinton Township Michigan 48038Voluntary non-profit - Private(586) 263-2300
- Children's Hospital of MichiganChildrens 11.19 miles away3901 Beaubien Street Detroit Michigan 48201Proprietary(313) 745-5437
- Harper University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.34 miles away3990 John R Street Detroit Michigan 48201Proprietary(313) 745-6211
- Henry Ford HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.43 miles away2799 W Grand Blvd Detroit Michigan 48202Voluntary non-profit - Private(313) 916-2600
- Nephrology Center of Eastpointe LLC0.26 miles away24931 Kelly Rd Eastpointe Michigan 48021Dialysis Stations: 24 (586) 771-0675
- Davita Roseville Commons Dialysis0.49 miles away18001 E 10 Mile Rd Ste B Roseville Michigan 48066Dialysis Stations: 24 (586) 771-2286
- Home Dialysis Specialty Center1.6 miles away29001 Harper Ave Saint Clair Shores Michigan 48081Dialysis Stations: 1 (586) 778-0664
- Fmc - St Clair Shores1.6 miles away26210 Harper Ave Ste 200 Saint Clair Shores Michigan 48081CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (586) 771-4868
- Greenfield Hs - Eastpointe1.94 miles away21400 Kelly Rd Eastpointe Michigan 48021CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (586) 779-8779
- Harper Woods Dialysis of Davita2.39 miles away19265 Vernier Rd Harper Woods Michigan 48225CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (313) 640-0271
- Macomb Kidney Center of Davita3.33 miles away28295 Schoenherr Rd Suite A Warren Michigan 48088CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (586) 558-8160
- Fmc Dialysis - Clinton4.06 miles away35351a S Gratiot Ave Clinton Township Michigan 48035CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (586) 791-6203