Advanced Subacute Rehabilitation Center at Sewell is a senior living facility located in Sewell, New Jersey, a city with 37,433 people. This is a good nursing home. We gave it an overall grade of B, which is a favorable grade. Based on the data we reviewed, you could do much worse than this place. The best part of this facility's strong report card was its inspection rating. Inspection reports are discussed in the next paragraph
Advanced Subacute Rehabilitation Center at Sewell
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to performing well in its overall grade, this facility performed at an even higher level in the area of inspections. In fact, it received a nearly flawless inspection report this year. As a result, it received one of our highest grades in that category with a score of A. These inspection grades weigh several factors, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these items by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. While this facility had a few minor dings on its government inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means that the inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. The fact that none of the deficiencies were severe made us feel better about this inspection report.
Short-term Care Quality
Additionally, this facility also was awarded favorable short-term care grades this year. Indeed, we awarded them one of our better grades in that category, with a score of B. In our short-term care score, we strive to craft a meaningful measure for rehabilitation services. In doing so, we look at a nursing home's offerings of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we considered the number of patients who were able to return home from this nursing home. We found that 5.4 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Advanced Subacute Rehabilitation Center at Sewell?
Next, we looked at the nursing category where we awarded this nursing home a grade of B-. This facility didn't perform quite as well in this category as it did in some other categories. Nevertheless, this is still a respectable score. When computing our nursing scores, we weigh both nursing hours and the training levels of the nurses. This nursing home averages just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a very low figure. Finally, while this nursing home got dinged a bit for its nursing hours, it actually excelled in some of our quality-based measures. With less than five percent of its residents experiencing pressure ulcers, it fared very well in this subcategory.
Long-term Care Quality
The final category we scored was long-term care. In this category, we gave this facility a grade of B-. For prospective residents seeking a permanent place to live rather than rehabilitation, long-term care grades are very important. Once we looked at the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we turned to the facility's vaccination data. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which is higher than the average nursing home. Lastly, this nursing home was also able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Advanced Subacute Rehabilitation Center at Sewell Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Advanced Subacute Rehabilitation Center at Sewell, 9.57% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric gauges the percentage of long-term care patients which developed new or worsened pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are an measure of nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Advanced Subacute Rehabilitation Center at Sewell, 2.57% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic gauges the percentage of long-term patients which have experienced a fall which caused serious injury. We use this statistic in determining nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Advanced Subacute Rehabilitation Center at Sewell, 1.73% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents that sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are routinely linked to a facility with lower levels of hygiene. However, this datapoint may also be skewed for some facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Advanced Subacute Rehabilitation Center at Sewell, 10.75% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term residents who were given antipsychotic drugs. Excessive reliance on these medications may mean that a facility is using these medications to subdue residents in scenarios where such medications aren't medically required. Nevertheless, some facilities need to rely on these medications due to an increased number of residents with cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Advanced Subacute Rehabilitation Center at Sewell, 17.5% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure gauges the percent of long-term patients taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Advanced Subacute Rehabilitation Center at Sewell, 5.81% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay residents who are demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Advanced Subacute Rehabilitation Center at Sewell, 92% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Advanced Subacute Rehabilitation Center at Sewell, 10.99% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Advanced Subacute Rehabilitation Center at Sewell, 14.79% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of residents that retained mobility levels over time. Retaining mobility is often a good sign for residents' health.
In Advanced Subacute Rehabilitation Center at Sewell, 1.49 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Advanced Subacute Rehabilitation Center at Sewell, 14.79 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Advanced Subacute Rehabilitation Center at Sewell, 8.17 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the overall quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Advanced Subacute Rehabilitation Center at Sewell, 80.57% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term care patients that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- Inspira Medical Center WoodburyAcute Care Hospitals 4.46 miles away509 N Broad St West Deptford New Jersey 08096Voluntary non-profit - Private(856) 845-0100
- Jefferson Stratford HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.56 miles away18 East Laurel Road Stratford New Jersey 08084Voluntary non-profit - Private(856) 346-7802
- Virtua Our Lady of Lourdes HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.5 miles away1600 Haddon Avenue Camden New Jersey 08103Voluntary non-profit - Private(856) 580-6330
- Cooper University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.28 miles away1 Cooper Plaza Camden New Jersey 08103Voluntary non-profit - Private(856) 342-2000
- Pennsylvania HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.59 miles away800 Spruce Street Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19107Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 829-3000
- Virtua West Jersey Hospitals VoorheesAcute Care Hospitals 11.84 miles away100 Bowman Drive Voorhees New Jersey 08043Voluntary non-profit - Private(856) 247-3000
- Thomas Jefferson University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.86 miles away111 South 11th Street Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19107Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 955-6000
- Children's Hospital of PhiladelphiaChildrens 12.07 miles away34th St & Civic Center Blvd Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19104Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 590-3745
- Kennedy Dialysis Center Washington Twp1.07 miles awayDialysis Unit 300 Medical Center Dr Sewell New Jersey 08080CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 31 (856) 218-4990
- Davita Renal Center of Sewell1.07 miles awayRenal Center 660 Woodbury-Glassboro Rd, Suite 29 Sewell New Jersey 08080Dialysis Stations: 21 (856) 464-1172
- Fresenius Medical Care Deptford LLC2.46 miles away1689 Delsea Drive West Deptford New Jersey 08096Dialysis Stations: 19 (856) 468-5049
- Fmc Woodbury Dialysis Ctr4.44 miles away571 North Evergreen Ave West Deptford New Jersey 08096CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (856) 853-8735
- Fkc Sewell5.62 miles away300 Medical Center Drive Suite A Sewell New Jersey 08080Dialysis Stations: 31 (856) 218-4990
- Fkc Liberty Runnemede6.49 miles away170 Ninth Avenue Unit B Runnemede New Jersey 08078Dialysis Stations: 18 (856) 312-0101
- Davita Brooklawn Dialysis7 miles away700 Crescent Blvd Ste 10b Gloucester City New Jersey 08030Dialysis Stations: 19 (856) 456-1230
- Dialysis Unit of Center City Philadelphia, LLC7.92 miles away230 N. Broad Street Bobst Building, 12th Floor Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19102Dialysis Stations: 12 (215) 563-9383