Advanced Subacute Rehabilitation Center at Sewell is a senior living facility located in Sewell, New Jersey, a city with 37,433 people. We gave it an overall grade of B-, which is a middle of the pack grade. Based on the data we reviewed, there are definitely far worse places out there. One of the best aspects of this facility's report card is its stellar inspection grade, which we will address in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Advanced Subacute Rehabilitation Center at Sewell
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Sewell senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Best Nursing Home in Sewell, New Jersey Awards 2020
Registered Staff Hours
The primary reason this turned out to be a decent nursing home is that it earned an elite inspection score. In fact, its inspection grade was far better than its overall grade. In the inspections category, we gave this facility a grade of A. Inspection scores weigh a host of factors found on a facility's inspection reports. One key criteria we rely on is the number and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with better grades in this category typically have very few of these severe deficiencies. While this nursing home had some minor dings on its inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those found in categories G through L. This tells you the inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. We should note that deficiency-free inspections are rare in this industry.
Long-term Care Quality
We also awarded this nursing home an impressive grade in long-term care. This facility earned a B in this category, which happens to be one of our better grades. Long-term care scores in this range generally require both around the clock care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine medical care. Once we assessed the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we next considered the facility's vaccination data. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which is significantly higher than the average nursing home. Finally, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Advanced Subacute Rehabilitation Center at Sewell?
Short-term Care Quality
The next best category we awarded this facility in any category came in the category of short-term care, where we awarded it a B-. In computing our short-term care ratings, we scrutinize the facility's levels of highly skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists speech therapists and other highly skilled individuals. This category is considered to be a fair assessment of a nursing home's ability to rehabilitate patients. Unfortunately, we weren't able to locate registered nurse or physical therapy staffing data for this place. The final measure we considered in this area is the percentage of residents who who were able to eventually return home from the nursing home. We found that just 5.1 percent of this facility's patients returned home. This figure was below average.
The last area we looked at is nursing. For this category, we awarded this facility a grade of C. We analyzed the licensure of nurses working for the facility, as well as the number of hours those nurses worked with residents, in determining our score in this category. This nursing home averages just 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a very low figure. Finally, although this place got dinged a bit for its nursing hours per resident, it excelled in some of our quality measures. With fewer than five percent of its patients sustaining pressure ulcers, it fared very well in this subcategory.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Advanced Subacute Rehabilitation Center at Sewell Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Advanced Subacute Rehabilitation Center at Sewell, 8.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of residents that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are routinely the result of residents not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Advanced Subacute Rehabilitation Center at Sewell, 2.79% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint gauges the percent of long-term residents that have had a fall which caused serious injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls may be an indication of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Advanced Subacute Rehabilitation Center at Sewell, 1.44% of Patients had UTIs
This gauges the percentage of long-term residents which suffered from UTI's. While more of these infections could reflect poorly on a nursing home's nursing care, it can be difficult to compare between facilities due to facilities having differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Advanced Subacute Rehabilitation Center at Sewell, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are given to residents for many conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias. Tragically, in some situations, increased usage of these drugs may indicate that a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Advanced Subacute Rehabilitation Center at Sewell, 17.29% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic indicates the percent of long-term residents receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Advanced Subacute Rehabilitation Center at Sewell, 6.37% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Advanced Subacute Rehabilitation Center at Sewell, 89.73% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for seniors, making these vaccines critical to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Advanced Subacute Rehabilitation Center at Sewell, 10.05% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living could indicate erosion of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Advanced Subacute Rehabilitation Center at Sewell, 10.04% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percent of long-term stay patients that retained mobility levels.
In Advanced Subacute Rehabilitation Center at Sewell, 1.88 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. Minimizing hospitalizations is key to maintaining the physical health of patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Advanced Subacute Rehabilitation Center at Sewell, 10.04 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Advanced Subacute Rehabilitation Center at Sewell, 9.47 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to assess patient well-being during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Advanced Subacute Rehabilitation Center at Sewell, 81.82% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term patients that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of performance with activities of daily living typically correlates with better rehabilitation.
- Inspira Medical Center WoodburyAcute Care Hospitals 4.46 miles away509 N Broad St West Deptford New Jersey 08096Voluntary non-profit - Private(856) 845-0100
- Jefferson Stratford HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.56 miles away18 East Laurel Road Stratford New Jersey 08084Voluntary non-profit - Private(856) 346-7802
- Virtua Our Lady of Lourdes HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.5 miles away1600 Haddon Avenue Camden New Jersey 08103Voluntary non-profit - Private(856) 580-6330
- Cooper University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.28 miles away1 Cooper Plaza Camden New Jersey 08103Voluntary non-profit - Private(856) 342-2000
- Pennsylvania HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.59 miles away800 Spruce Street Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19107Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 829-3000
- Virtua West Jersey Hospitals VoorheesAcute Care Hospitals 11.84 miles away100 Bowman Drive Voorhees New Jersey 08043Voluntary non-profit - Private(856) 247-3000
- Thomas Jefferson University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.86 miles away111 South 11th Street Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19107Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 955-6000
- Children's Hospital of PhiladelphiaChildrens 12.07 miles away34th St & Civic Center Blvd Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19104Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 590-3745
- Kennedy Dialysis Center Washington Twp1.07 miles awayDialysis Unit 300 Medical Center Dr Sewell New Jersey 08080CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 31 (856) 218-4990
- Davita Renal Center of Sewell1.07 miles awayRenal Center 660 Woodbury-Glassboro Rd, Suite 29 Sewell New Jersey 08080Dialysis Stations: 21 (856) 464-1172
- Fresenius Medical Care Deptford LLC2.46 miles away1689 Delsea Drive West Deptford New Jersey 08096Dialysis Stations: 19 (856) 468-5049
- Fmc Woodbury Dialysis Ctr4.44 miles away571 North Evergreen Ave West Deptford New Jersey 08096CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (856) 853-8735
- Fkc Sewell5.62 miles away300 Medical Center Drive Suite A Sewell New Jersey 08080Dialysis Stations: 31 (856) 218-4990
- Fkc Liberty Runnemede6.49 miles away170 Ninth Avenue Unit B Runnemede New Jersey 08078Dialysis Stations: 18 (856) 312-0101
- Davita Brooklawn Dialysis7 miles away700 Crescent Blvd Ste 10b Gloucester City New Jersey 08030Dialysis Stations: 19 (856) 456-1230
- Dialysis Unit of Center City Philadelphia, LLC7.92 miles away230 N. Broad Street Bobst Building, 12th Floor Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19102Dialysis Stations: 12 (215) 563-9383