Advanced Subacute Rehabilitation Center at Sewell is a senior living facility located in Sewell, New Jersey, a city with 37,433 people. This is a good nursing home. We gave it an overall grade of B, which is a favorable grade. Based on the data we reviewed, you could do much worse than this place. As you will see below, this nursing home also performed well in our category ratings. It would be hard to poke holes in this place's profile.
Advanced Subacute Rehabilitation Center at Sewell
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Best Nursing Home in Sewell, New Jersey Awards 2020
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to performing well in its overall grade, this facility performed at an even higher level in the area of inspections. In fact, it received a nearly flawless inspection report this year. As a result, it received one of our highest grades in that category with a score of A. These inspection grades weigh several factors, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these items by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. While this facility had a few minor dings on its government inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means that the inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. The fact that none of the deficiencies were severe made us feel better about this inspection report.
Adding to its impressive profile, this place also excelled in the area of nursing. In fact, we gave it an B for that category. Our nursing grade is mostly based on the facility's nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well in terms of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Advanced Subacute Rehabilitation Center at Sewell?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home received an impressive short-term care score as well. We awarded it one of our better scores in that category with a grade of B. Short-term care grades are often employed to assess a nursing home's rehabilitation services To have high-end rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally must have better levels of skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, speech therapists and other highly skilled individuals. It does not look like this nursing home submitted information about its staffing of registered nurses or physical therapists. The final item we assessed in this category is the number of residents who eventually returned home from the nursing home. We found that 5.1 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we rated was long-term care, where this facility received a B. This facility did not prove to have any noticeable weaknesses. Facilities that receive this kind of score in this category tend to provide consistent around the clock care to make sure residents are kept in good health. Once we assessed the volume of care provided by nurses, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination statistics. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is very impressive. Pneumonia sadly can be a dangerous ailment for nursing home residents so we prefer when a nursing home does not take any chances. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Advanced Subacute Rehabilitation Center at Sewell Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Advanced Subacute Rehabilitation Center at Sewell, 9.28% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric is an indication of the percentage of long-term patients who suffer from new or worsened pressure ulcers. We find that pressure ulcers are an indicator of the quality of nursing care a facility provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Advanced Subacute Rehabilitation Center at Sewell, 2.53% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of patients that suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injury are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Falls resulting in injury are routinely the result of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Advanced Subacute Rehabilitation Center at Sewell, 1.65% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many experts to be a measure of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely associated with a facility with lower levels of hygiene. However, this statistic may be misleading for certain nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Advanced Subacute Rehabilitation Center at Sewell, 10.6% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of residents given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are given to patients for a variety of conditions, such as dementia. Sadly, in some cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest that a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Advanced Subacute Rehabilitation Center at Sewell, 17.42% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are given to residents suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Advanced Subacute Rehabilitation Center at Sewell, 5.95% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Advanced Subacute Rehabilitation Center at Sewell, 91.97% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay patients that have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home patients, making these vaccines critical to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Advanced Subacute Rehabilitation Center at Sewell, 10.68% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and using the bathroom.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Advanced Subacute Rehabilitation Center at Sewell, 12.9% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of residents that were able to retain mobility over time. Retaining mobility can be a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Advanced Subacute Rehabilitation Center at Sewell, 1.68 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of care. There is typically a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and the overall quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Advanced Subacute Rehabilitation Center at Sewell, 12.9 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Advanced Subacute Rehabilitation Center at Sewell, 8.37 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to measure patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Advanced Subacute Rehabilitation Center at Sewell, 80.92% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term stay patients that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of independence with ADL's often correlates with successful rehabilitation.
- Inspira Medical Center WoodburyAcute Care Hospitals 4.46 miles away509 N Broad St West Deptford New Jersey 08096Voluntary non-profit - Private(856) 845-0100
- Jefferson Stratford HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.56 miles away18 East Laurel Road Stratford New Jersey 08084Voluntary non-profit - Private(856) 346-7802
- Virtua Our Lady of Lourdes HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.5 miles away1600 Haddon Avenue Camden New Jersey 08103Voluntary non-profit - Private(856) 580-6330
- Cooper University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.28 miles away1 Cooper Plaza Camden New Jersey 08103Voluntary non-profit - Private(856) 342-2000
- Pennsylvania HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.59 miles away800 Spruce Street Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19107Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 829-3000
- Virtua West Jersey Hospitals VoorheesAcute Care Hospitals 11.84 miles away100 Bowman Drive Voorhees New Jersey 08043Voluntary non-profit - Private(856) 247-3000
- Thomas Jefferson University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.86 miles away111 South 11th Street Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19107Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 955-6000
- Children's Hospital of PhiladelphiaChildrens 12.07 miles away34th St & Civic Center Blvd Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19104Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 590-3745
- Kennedy Dialysis Center Washington Twp1.07 miles awayDialysis Unit 300 Medical Center Dr Sewell New Jersey 08080CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 31 (856) 218-4990
- Davita Renal Center of Sewell1.07 miles awayRenal Center 660 Woodbury-Glassboro Rd, Suite 29 Sewell New Jersey 08080Dialysis Stations: 21 (856) 464-1172
- Fresenius Medical Care Deptford LLC2.46 miles away1689 Delsea Drive West Deptford New Jersey 08096Dialysis Stations: 19 (856) 468-5049
- Fmc Woodbury Dialysis Ctr4.44 miles away571 North Evergreen Ave West Deptford New Jersey 08096CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (856) 853-8735
- Fkc Sewell5.62 miles away300 Medical Center Drive Suite A Sewell New Jersey 08080Dialysis Stations: 31 (856) 218-4990
- Fkc Liberty Runnemede6.49 miles away170 Ninth Avenue Unit B Runnemede New Jersey 08078Dialysis Stations: 18 (856) 312-0101
- Davita Brooklawn Dialysis7 miles away700 Crescent Blvd Ste 10b Gloucester City New Jersey 08030Dialysis Stations: 19 (856) 456-1230
- Dialysis Unit of Center City Philadelphia, LLC7.92 miles away230 N. Broad Street Bobst Building, 12th Floor Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19102Dialysis Stations: 12 (215) 563-9383