Advanced Healthcare of Mesa is in the large metropolitan area of Mesa, Arizona which has a population of 478,404 people. This is a grade A facility, which is a superb grade. Indeed, we were so impressed with this nursing home that we ranked it substantially ahead of the overwhelming majority of the facilities in Mesa. As you can find below, this place also performed well in our category scores. It is hard to find any major flaws in this nursing home's profile.
Advanced Healthcare of Mesa
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
Top Nursing Home in Arizona Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Arizona Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Arizona Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
On top of faring well overall, this facility received high marks in the area of short-term care as well. It received our highest score in that category with a score of A+. In calculating our short-term care ratings, we analyze the nursing home's levels of highly skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists speech therapists and other types of therapists. This area is considered to be a reliable measure of a facility's ability to rehabilitate patients. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we looked at the percentage of patients who returned home from this facility. We found that 7.1 percent of this nursing home's patients were able to return home.
This facility has also received near flawless health inspections in recent years. We awarded them an impressive grade of A+ in this category. Inspection ratings are based on many items found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places that score well in this category have very few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these places should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. While this facility had a few minor dings on its inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are found in categories G through L. This means that the government inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. The fact that the deficiencies were relatively minor leaves us less concerned with this inspection report.
Does this page answer your questions about Advanced Healthcare of Mesa?
This facility also excelled in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of A. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. Our nursing category is based on several subcategories, most of which are tied to nursing hours. This particular nursing home provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility Arizona in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can generally be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as having a protocol of turning a patient more often.
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we looked at was long-term care, in which this facility was awarded a B. This actually proved to be this facility's worst area. A facility is doing something right when their lowest grade still is superior to most facilities. Long-term care grades in this range generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine healthcare services. Once we looked at the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we next considered the facility's vaccination records. It doesn't look like this nursing home provided data regarding vaccinations. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Advanced Healthcare of Mesa Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Advanced Healthcare of Mesa, 11.03 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Advanced Healthcare of Mesa, 73.85% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term stay residents that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Mesa, AZ
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Mesa, Arizona has 9 other nursing homes
- Banner Gateway Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.26 miles away1900 North Higley Road Gilbert Arizona 85234Voluntary non-profit - Other(480) 543-2000
- Mountain Vista Medical Center, LpAcute Care Hospitals 5.6 miles away1301 South Crismon Road Mesa Arizona 85209Proprietary(480) 358-6100
- Banner Goldfield Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.29 miles away2050 West Southern Avenue Apache Junction Arizona 85120Voluntary non-profit - Other(480) 733-3300
- Mercy Gilbert Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.26 miles away3555 South Val Vista Drive Gilbert Arizona 85297Voluntary non-profit - Church(480) 728-8000
- Banner Desert Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.8 miles away1400 South Dobson Road Mesa Arizona 85202Voluntary non-profit - Private(480) 412-3000
- Chandler Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.45 miles away1955 West Frye Road Chandler Arizona 85224Voluntary non-profit - Other(480) 728-3000
- Scottsdale Osborn Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.48 miles away7400 East Osborn Road Scottsdale Arizona 85251Proprietary(480) 882-4004
- Scottsdale Shea Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.58 miles away9003 East Shea Boulevard Scottsdale Arizona 85260Proprietary(480) 323-3000
- Power Road Dialysis (Dva)1.4 miles away301 S Power Road Suite 104 Mesa Arizona 85206Dialysis Stations: 12 (480) 641-1193
- East Valley Dialysis (Fmc)1.43 miles away135 S Power Rd Ste 103 Mesa Arizona 85206CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (480) 985-4911
- Southwest Kidney Dialysis - Gilbert (Dva)3.7 miles away5222 E Baseline Rd Ste 104 Gilbert Arizona 85234CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (480) 832-6996
- South Mountain Dialysis Center (Fmc)3.84 miles away26 E Baseline Ste 142 Phoenix Arizona 85042CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (602) 268-8158
- Home Dialysis of Mesa (Fmc)4.89 miles away1337 S Gilbert Rd Ste 106 Mesa Arizona 85204Dialysis Stations: 1 (480) 926-9222
- Mesa Dialysis (Dsi)4.89 miles away1337 S Gilbert Rd Ste 109 Mesa Arizona 85204Dialysis Stations: 16 (480) 926-1906
- Mountain Vista Dialysis of Arizona (Dva)5.9 miles away10238 E Hampton Ave Ste 108 Mesa Arizona 85209CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (480) 357-0366
- Southwest Kidney Central Mesa (Dva)6.34 miles away1134 E University Dr Ste 101 Mesa Arizona 85203CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (480) 464-3851