Advanced Healthcare Center is an average-sized facility in Toledo, Ohio. Sporting an overall score of D, this is a lower end nursing home. This was not the worse place we looked at, however, we'd still struggle to recommend it. If you aren't deterred by this place's report card, feel free to continue reading to find out about its category grades. We discuss nursing in the next paragraph.
Advanced Healthcare Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Dialysis Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Oncology Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Registered Staff Hours
Even though this facility's overall grade was not a highlight, it actually really excelled in nursing. We awarded it an A- for that category, which is one of our highest scores. The nursing category consists of a handful of components, many of which are based on quantities of nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well in the area of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
We also gave this facility a favorable score in short-term care. This facility received a grade of B in this category, which happens to be one of our more favorable grades. In our short-term care assessment, we strive to create a valuable gauge for rehabilitation. In this process, we assess a nursing home's levels of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as speech therapy. We were not able to track down information on registered nurse or physical therapy staffing for this nursing home. Lastly, we assessed the percentage of patients that returned home from this facility. We found that 5.1 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Advanced Healthcare Center?
Among this nursing home's alarming category grades was an F for its inspection rating. More often than not, this means we found some red flags on the nursing home's inspection reports. When a facility has this bad of an inspection grade, you should expect some severe deficiencies on its inspection report. Severe deficiencies indicate a threat to resident safety. This nursing home was assessed one category G through L deficiency, which are among the more serious categories of deficiencies. These categories indicate that the deficiencies found by the government inspectors had the potential to pose actual harm to patients. Finally, we would like to point out that this nursing home received large government fines of over $100,000. This often indicates that a facility's poor performance has been an issue for several years.
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we analyzed is long-term care, in which this nursing home received a bottom of the barrel grade in this category also. Sadly, it received an F for this area, which is obviously a major concern. When nursing homes receive this kind of grade in this category it is typically a bad sign for resident care and it may mean that the nursing home is not as well-staffed with nurses and aids. After we finished assessing the volume of nursing care, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination records. Candidly, we were a bit worried that this nursing home vaccinated only 49.51923 percent of its residents against pneumonia. Surprisingly, this nursing home was actually decent at keeping its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. This was its best feature in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Advanced Healthcare Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Advanced Healthcare Center, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin resulting from staying in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Advanced Healthcare Center, 3.69% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of patients who have had a fall resulting in severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Advanced Healthcare Center, 1.8% of Patients had UTIs
This figure is an indication of the percentage of long-term residents that have experienced a UTI. UTI's may be an indication of a facility with worst hygiene practices. However, this metric could also be skewed for some nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Advanced Healthcare Center, 13.22% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients which were prescribed antipsychotic medication. Excessive reliance on these medications may suggest that a facility is using these medications to subdue residents in scenarios where such medications aren't medically indicated. Nevertheless, some facilities need to rely more on these drugs due to an increased number of residents with Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Advanced Healthcare Center, 22.35% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of residents who were given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are administered to patients experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Advanced Healthcare Center, 20% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents demonstrating symptoms of depression. Higher levels of depression could be a sign a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Advanced Healthcare Center, 90.19% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Advanced Healthcare Center, 15.17% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay residents that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and eating. Many in the industry argue this is a reliable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Advanced Healthcare Center, 18.5% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of patients who were able to retain mobility over time. Retaining mobility can be a good sign for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Advanced Healthcare Center, 18.5 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Advanced Healthcare Center, 74.54% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term residents that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of independence with ADL's generally correlates with higher quality rehabilitation.
Scores for Toledo, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Toledo, Ohio has 15 other nursing homes
- Northwest Ohio Psychiatric HospitalPsychiatric 0.07 miles away930 South Detroit Avenue Toledo Ohio 43614Government - State(419) 381-1881
- University of Toledo Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.96 miles away3000 Arlington Avenue Toledo Ohio 43699Government - State(419) 383-4848
- Toledo Hospital TheAcute Care Hospitals 3.45 miles away2142 North Cove Boulevard Toledo Ohio 43606Voluntary non-profit - Private(419) 291-7463
- Mercy Health St Vincent Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.35 miles away2213 Cherry Street Toledo Ohio 43608Voluntary non-profit - Church(419) 251-3232
- Mercy St Anne HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.1 miles away3404 Sylvania Avenue Toledo Ohio 43623Voluntary non-profit - Church(419) 407-2663
- Bay Park Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.07 miles away2801 Bay Park Drive Oregon Ohio 43616Voluntary non-profit - Other(419) 690-7700
- St Luke's HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.17 miles away5901 Monclova Road Maumee Ohio 43537Voluntary non-profit - Other(419) 893-5900
- Wood County HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.55 miles away950 West Wooster Street Bowling Green Ohio 43402Voluntary non-profit - Private(419) 354-8900
- University of Toledo Medical Center1.03 miles away3000 Arlington Ave., Rm 0239 Toledo Ohio 43614Dialysis Stations: 6 (419) 383-4985
- Davita - Southland Dialysis1.53 miles away3401 Glendale Toledo Ohio 43614CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (419) 389-9681
- Davita - Swan Creek Dialysis3.51 miles away5201 Airport Highway Toledo Ohio 43615Dialysis Stations: 20 (419) 214-0540
- The Toledo Hospital Dialysis3.69 miles away2142 North Cove Blvd Toledo Ohio 43606Dialysis Stations: 5 (419) 291-8670
- Fmc - Toledo Central Dialysis4.1 miles away3100 West Central Avenue, Suite 100 Toledo Ohio 43606CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (419) 539-4000
- Fkc-Toledo Downtown Dialysis4.23 miles away1313 Cherry Street Toledo Ohio 43608Dialysis Stations: 17 (419) 243-7729
- Davita Starr Dialysis4.44 miles away403 E. Broadway St. Toledo Ohio 43605Dialysis Stations: 12 (419) 691-3227
- Davita - West Toledo4.52 miles away2900 Carrskadon Avenue Toledo Ohio 43606Dialysis Stations: 17 (419) 531-0755