Advanced Healthcare Center is an average-sized facility in Toledo, Ohio. Our rating system was not very kind to this nursing home, as we gave it an overall rating of F. This facility is about as bad as it gets. We wouldn't blame you if you're ready to stop reading and find another facility. However, if you want to learn more about this nursing home's category grades, short-term care grades are discussed in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Advanced Healthcare Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Toledo senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Dialysis Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Oncology Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
While we gave this nursing home a terrible overall grade, we gave it a C for short-term care. In determining these short-term care scores, we assess the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. Our objective is to formulate a barometer for comparing the rehabilitation services of various nursing homes. We found that this facility was below average in the two key staffing areas we focus on. The facility supplied fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than most other facilities. It is important to determine whether this also correlates to a lower quality of care. Finally, we assessed the percentage of patients that who were able to eventually return home from this facility. We found that 6 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home. This figure was actually quite a bit below average.
Turning to the area of nursing care, this facility received a grade of just D in this category. Unfortunately, this ended up being one of its better grades. Our nursing grade consists of many datapoints, however, the paramount one is the quantity of nurse hours spent with patients. With a meager 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient on a daily basis, this place's nurse staffing levels were significantly below the national average. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in computing our nursing ratings. This facility fared well in the area of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers.
Does this page answer your questions about Advanced Healthcare Center?
This nursing home received a grade of just D in the area of inspections. Our inspection scores weigh many items on the nursing home's recent inspection reports. When you find too many deficiencies on the inspection reports, this is typically the worst sign. Severe deficiencies indicate a risk to resident safety. This facility was hit with one category G through L deficiency, which rank among the more severe deficiencies. This generally indicates that the deficiencies identified by CMS had potential to pose actual harm to patients. Lastly, we also need to point out that this place was assessed significant government fines in recent years amounting to more than $100,000. This typically means that a poor performance spanned multiple years.
Long-term Care Quality
The last category we graded is long-term care, in which this nursing home was given a bottom of the barrel score in this area also. Sadly, it received a lowly F in this category, which is definitely a major disappointment. Nursing homes that do not fare well in this category typically aren't as well-staffed and are lagging in a few of the areas of routine medical care we assessed. In addition to looking at the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility provided the vaccine to 88.14433 percent of its residents. This is many points below average. Surprisingly, this facility was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this nursing home had fewer hospitalizations than the average nursing home. This was its best feature in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Advanced Healthcare Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Advanced Healthcare Center, 6.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage resulting from staying in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Advanced Healthcare Center, 0% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who sustained falls resulting in serious injury. We use this statistic in computing nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Advanced Healthcare Center, 0% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often caused by poor nursing care. However, this statistic may also be misleading for certain nursing homes due to different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Advanced Healthcare Center, 1.34% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be helpful for many patients, it is important to make sure these medications are being used appropriately. In limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Advanced Healthcare Center, 14.44% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Advanced Healthcare Center, 30.06% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents demonstrating depressive symptoms. Many in the industry believe this is a measure of resident quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Advanced Healthcare Center, 92.19% of Patients
This is the percent of patients who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Advanced Healthcare Center, 14.02% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and using the bathroom. Some experts would argue this is a reliable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Advanced Healthcare Center, 11.16% of Residents
This tells you the percentage of patients that maintained mobility over time. Preserving mobility is often a good sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Advanced Healthcare Center, 11.16% of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Advanced Healthcare Center, 90.82% of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of short-term stay patients that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many believe that this is a measure of rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Toledo, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of F
- Nurse Rating has a grade of D
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of F
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Toledo, Ohio has 5 other nursing homes
- Northwest Ohio Psychiatric HospitalPsychiatric 0.07 miles away930 South Detroit Avenue Toledo Ohio 43614Government - State(419) 381-1881
- University of Toledo Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.96 miles away3000 Arlington Avenue Toledo Ohio 43699Government - State(419) 383-4848
- Toledo Hospital TheAcute Care Hospitals 3.45 miles away2142 North Cove Boulevard Toledo Ohio 43606Voluntary non-profit - Private(419) 291-7463
- Mercy Health St Vincent Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.35 miles away2213 Cherry Street Toledo Ohio 43608Voluntary non-profit - Church(419) 251-3232
- Mercy St Anne HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.1 miles away3404 Sylvania Avenue Toledo Ohio 43623Voluntary non-profit - Church(419) 407-2663
- Bay Park Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.07 miles away2801 Bay Park Drive Oregon Ohio 43616Voluntary non-profit - Other(419) 690-7700
- St Luke's HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.17 miles away5901 Monclova Road Maumee Ohio 43537Voluntary non-profit - Other(419) 893-5900
- Wood County HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.55 miles away950 West Wooster Street Bowling Green Ohio 43402Voluntary non-profit - Private(419) 354-8900
- University of Toledo Medical Center1.03 miles away3000 Arlington Ave., Rm 0239 Toledo Ohio 43614Dialysis Stations: 6 (419) 383-4985
- Davita - Southland Dialysis1.53 miles away3401 Glendale Toledo Ohio 43614CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (419) 389-9681
- Davita - Swan Creek Dialysis3.51 miles away5201 Airport Highway Toledo Ohio 43615Dialysis Stations: 20 (419) 214-0540
- The Toledo Hospital Dialysis3.69 miles away2142 North Cove Blvd Toledo Ohio 43606Dialysis Stations: 5 (419) 291-8670
- Fmc - Toledo Central Dialysis4.1 miles away3100 West Central Avenue, Suite 100 Toledo Ohio 43606CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (419) 539-4000
- Fkc-Toledo Downtown Dialysis4.23 miles away1313 Cherry Street Toledo Ohio 43608Dialysis Stations: 17 (419) 243-7729
- Davita Starr Dialysis4.44 miles away403 E. Broadway St. Toledo Ohio 43605Dialysis Stations: 12 (419) 691-3227
- Davita - West Toledo4.52 miles away2900 Carrskadon Avenue Toledo Ohio 43606Dialysis Stations: 17 (419) 531-0755