Advanced Health Care of Salem is a facility in Salem, Utah, which has 7,947 people. This nursing home turns out to be an A+ facility, which is the best grade that we offer. We were so impressed with this nursing home that we rated it as one of the 10 best nursing homes in Utah. One of the best aspects of this facility's exemplary profile is its inspection rating. Inspection reports are discussed in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Advanced Health Care of Salem
- Nursing Home
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Salem senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Best Nursing Home in Utah Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Utah Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Utah Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
On top of receiving a strong overall rating, this facility also received an A+ inspection grade. This is based on the facility's recent government inspections. An A+ in this area is one of the best complements we can offer a facility. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in computing these inspection grades. One critical factor is health deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of the deficiencies is usually more meaningful than the number of deficiencies, as some of these are quite minor. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
An additional reason we assessed this facility so highly is that it received an A+ short-term care score. This is flat out as dominant as it gets in this area. Our short-term care ratings are vital for patients in need of rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically mandates higher levels of highly-skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes a wide spectrum of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. This nursing home employs both physical therapists and registered nurses. Not all facilities employ these skilled professionals. Lastly, we assessed the percentage of patients who eventually returned home from this facility. We found that 7.2 percent of this nursing home's residents were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Advanced Health Care of Salem?
Long-term Care Quality
We also want to point out the fact that this nursing home was given a dominant grade of A in our long-term care area. In a long-term care setting, the facility's primary goal is to maintain residents' quality of life and keep them safe. One of the datapoints we considered on top of nurse's aid hours is vaccinations. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like this nursing home provided information on its vaccination levels. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
In our final category, we gave this facility a grade of A+ for its nursing grade. This rounded out a very impressive profile. Nursing grades are largely based on the facility's nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at certain nursing quality-based metrics in computing our nursing grades. These include minimizing residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We look at these areas as predictive indicators of the quality of nursing care offered, since better care tends to reduce these problems.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Advanced Health Care of Salem Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Advanced Health Care of Salem, 10.92% of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the overall quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Advanced Health Care of Salem, 86.11% of Resident
This is a measure of the percentage of short-term stay patients that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many in the industry believe that this is a measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation services.
- Utah Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.62 miles away1034 North 500 West Provo Utah 84604Voluntary non-profit - Private(801) 373-7850
- Utah State HospitalPsychiatric 1.86 miles away1300 East Center Street Provo Utah 84605Government - State(801) 344-4400
- Orem Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.77 miles away331 North 400 West Orem Utah 84057Voluntary non-profit - Private(801) 714-3300
- Timpanogos Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.53 miles away750 West 800 North Orem Utah 84057Proprietary(801) 714-6800
- American Fork HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.02 miles away170 North 1100 East American Fork Utah 84003Voluntary non-profit - Private(801) 855-3305
- Mountain View HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.68 miles away1000 East 100 North Payson Utah 84651Proprietary(801) 465-7100
- Utah Valley Dialysis (Dva)1.77 miles away1055 N 500 W Ste 221 Provo Utah 84604CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (801) 373-5400
- University of Utah Provo Dialysis Center2.33 miles away1675 N Freedom Blvd Ste 15 Provo Utah 84604Dialysis Stations: 14 (801) 373-0169
- Fresenius Kidney Care Utah Valley5.1 miles away121 S Orem Blvd Orem Utah 84058Dialysis Stations: 13 (801) 802-3852
- Davita Mt. Nebo Dialysis11.4 miles away555 W Sr 164 Suite 101 Salem Utah 84653Dialysis Stations: 12 (801) 798-7903
- American Fork Dialysis Center11.96 miles away1159 East 200 North Ste 150 American Fork Utah 84003Dialysis Stations: 8 (801) 763-0652
- Lone Peak Dialysis (Dva)12.67 miles away1175 E 50 S Ste 111 American Fork Utah 84003CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (801) 763-1304
- Payson Regional Dialysis13.83 miles away15 S 1000 E Ste 50 Payson Utah 84651Dialysis Stations: 12 (801) 465-2060