Advanced Health Care of Sacramento is in Sacramento, California, which is one of the largest cities in the nation. This facility is among the best nursing homes we found. It received one of the highest ratings that we offer. Indeed, this proved to be substantially better than many of the facilities in Sacramento. This facility also received consistently good grades in all of our categories. More information about its category grades can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Advanced Health Care of Sacramento
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Sacramento senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to receiving a great overall grade, this nursing home also received an A+ short-term care grade. In calculating our short-term care scores, we size up a facility's levels of skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists respiratory therapists and other highly skilled individuals. This area is typically a fair measure of the nursing home's rehabilitation services. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last datapoint we considered in this category is the number of residents who ultimately returned home from the nursing home. We found that 7.1 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
This facility has also received near flawless health inspections in recent years. We awarded them an impressive grade of A+ in this category. Inspection ratings account for several factors found on a facility's inspection reports. One key criteria we consider is the number and severity of deficiencies. Places with better grades in this category generally have few severe deficiencies. Fortunately, although this facility had a few minor dings on its inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you CMS did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. The fact that the deficiencies were relatively minor made us feel better about this inspection report.
Does this page answer your questions about Advanced Health Care of Sacramento?
We also wanted to emphasize the fact that this facility received an impressive grade of A in our nursing category. There are quite a few datapoints included in this area. Most of the criteria reflect staffing levels. This facility provided 0.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the country in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can often be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as having a system of turning a patient more frequently.
Long-term Care Quality
The last category we graded was long-term care. In that category, we gave this facility a strong grade of B. If you are looking for services other than short-term rehabilitation, you should take a close look at long-term care grades. One of the data points we considered in addition to nursing hours is vaccines. It doesn't appear that this nursing home provided information on its vaccination levels. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Advanced Health Care of Sacramento Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Advanced Health Care of Sacramento, 13.29% of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Advanced Health Care of Sacramento, 92.58% of Resident
This is a measure of the percent of short-term residents who experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Sacramento, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Sacramento, California has 8 other nursing homes
- Mercy General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.03 miles away4001 J St Sacramento California 95819Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 453-4453
- Sutter Medical Center, SacramentoAcute Care Hospitals 2.03 miles away2825 Capitol Avenue Sacramento California 95816Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 733-8999
- University of California Davis Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.05 miles away2315 Stockton Boulevard Sacramento California 95817Voluntary non-profit - Other(916) 734-2011
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - SacramentoAcute Care Hospitals 3.53 miles away2025 Morse Avenue Sacramento California 95825Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 973-5000
- Heritage Oaks HospitalPsychiatric 5.85 miles away4250 Auburn Blvd Sacramento California 95841Proprietary(916) 489-3336
- Kaiser Foundation Hosp So SacramentoAcute Care Hospitals 9.02 miles away6600 Bruceville Road Sacramento California 95823Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 688-2000
- Mercy San Juan Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.09 miles away6501 Coyle Ave Carmichael California 95608Voluntary non-profit - Other(916) 537-5000
- Methodist Hospital of SacramentoAcute Care Hospitals 9.62 miles away7500 Hospital Drive Sacramento California 95823Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 423-6010
- North Sacramento Dialysis Center0.18 miles away251 Lathrop Way Suite A Sacramento California 95815CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (916) 922-4721
- Alhambra Dialysis Center2.11 miles away1315 Alhambra Blvd #100 Sacramento California 95816CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (916) 457-8252
- Dci University Dialysis Clinic2.42 miles away1771 Stockton Blvd Sacramento California 95816CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (916) 453-0803
- University Dialysis Center2.98 miles away333 University Avenue Suite 100 Sacramento California 95825CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (916) 920-0877
- Broadway Dialysis3.25 miles away2624 Stockton Boulevard Sacramento California 95817CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 34 (916) 457-0113
- Wellbound of Sacramento3.54 miles away2610 El Paseo Lane Suite f19 Sacramento California 95821Dialysis Stations: 4 (916) 486-8005
- Satellite Healthcare Sacramento3.56 miles away646 N. Market Blvd Sacramento California 95834CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (916) 437-5800
- Natomas Dialysis4.77 miles away30 g0ldenland Court Building G Sacramento California 95834CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (916) 285-6452