Advanced Health Care of Sacramento is in Sacramento, California, which is one of the largest cities in the nation. It looks like this is a fine nursing home. We gave this it an overall grade of B+, which is very favorable grade. If you take a look at the other options in Sacramento, we are confident you will find this nursing home to be a better option than most facilities in the city. We were also pleased to find that this nursing home did not have any poor grades in any of the major categories discussed below. More information about these categories can be found below.
Advanced Health Care of Sacramento
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
Registered Staff Hours
On top of being a strong facility overall, it also received A+ health inspections in recent years. Its inspections are virtually flawless. Arguably the most significant factor we look at in computing our inspection scores is deficiencies. Deficiencies can be found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes with better grades in this area most likely dodged the most severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. This facility received 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were considered severe. This tells you that the inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies to cause an imminent risk to patient health or safety. We should point out that deficiency-free inspections are rare in the industry.
Short-term Care Quality
Another one of this facility's impressive category scores came in the area of short-term care. We gave them one of our higher scores in that category, with a score of B+. In the category of short-term care, we attempt to qualify indicators of a facility's rehabilitation. We analyze the facility's skilled nursing services, such as the ones performed by registered nurses and physical therapists. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final metric we considered in this area is the percentage of patients that were able to return home from the nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Advanced Health Care of Sacramento?
Another strong feature for this facility is that it received an impressive nursing grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of B+. Nursing ratings are tied to quantity of nursing care available. This particular nursing home provided 0.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can often be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
The last category we analyzed is long-term care. We gave this nursing home a solid score in that category, with a grade of C. Although this is not as favorable as some of its other grades, it is still not a major area of concern. In the category of long-term care, we weigh the amount of services provided by a facility, rather than more sophisticated services. In addition to looking at the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. Unfortunately, we weren't able to locate information about this nursing home's vaccination rates. Finally, this nursing home was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Advanced Health Care of Sacramento Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Advanced Health Care of Sacramento, 9.85 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Advanced Health Care of Sacramento, 79.63% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percent of short-term residents who experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Sacramento, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Sacramento, California has 21 other nursing homes
- Mercy General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.03 miles away4001 J St Sacramento California 95819Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 453-4453
- Sutter Medical Center, SacramentoAcute Care Hospitals 2.03 miles away2825 Capitol Avenue Sacramento California 95816Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 733-8999
- University of California Davis Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.05 miles away2315 Stockton Boulevard Sacramento California 95817Voluntary non-profit - Other(916) 734-2011
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - SacramentoAcute Care Hospitals 3.53 miles away2025 Morse Avenue Sacramento California 95825Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 973-5000
- Heritage Oaks HospitalPsychiatric 5.85 miles away4250 Auburn Blvd Sacramento California 95841Proprietary(916) 489-3336
- Kaiser Foundation Hosp So SacramentoAcute Care Hospitals 9.02 miles away6600 Bruceville Road Sacramento California 95823Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 688-2000
- Mercy San Juan Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.09 miles away6501 Coyle Ave Carmichael California 95608Voluntary non-profit - Other(916) 537-5000
- Methodist Hospital of SacramentoAcute Care Hospitals 9.62 miles away7500 Hospital Drive Sacramento California 95823Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 423-6010
- North Sacramento Dialysis Center0.18 miles away251 Lathrop Way Suite A Sacramento California 95815CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (916) 922-4721
- Alhambra Dialysis Center2.11 miles away1315 Alhambra Blvd #100 Sacramento California 95816CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (916) 457-8252
- Dci University Dialysis Clinic2.42 miles away1771 Stockton Blvd Sacramento California 95816CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (916) 453-0803
- University Dialysis Center2.98 miles away333 University Avenue Suite 100 Sacramento California 95825CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (916) 920-0877
- Broadway Dialysis3.25 miles away2624 Stockton Boulevard Sacramento California 95817CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 34 (916) 457-0113
- Wellbound of Sacramento3.54 miles away2610 El Paseo Lane Suite f19 Sacramento California 95821Dialysis Stations: 4 (916) 486-8005
- Satellite Healthcare Sacramento3.56 miles away646 N. Market Blvd Sacramento California 95834CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (916) 437-5800
- Natomas Dialysis4.77 miles away30 g0ldenland Court Building G Sacramento California 95834CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (916) 285-6452