Advanced Health Care of Reno is a facility located in Reno, Nevada which has a population of 276,896 people. This proved to be an A rated facility. This facility was given one of the top scores that we offer. A grade of this caliber requires excellent scores across the board. In fact, we ranked this nursing home in the top ten percentile of all facilities in the United States. If you scroll down, you will see this facility's category ratings, which look to be just as strong as its overall rating.
Advanced Health Care of Reno
Updated May 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
961 Kuenzli Street,
Reno NV 89502
88.33% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to being a first-rate nursing home overall, this facility also excelled at short-term care, where it received an A+. Few facilities performed better in this category. In the category of short-term care, we strive to assess measures of a facility's rehabilitation. We assess a nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as the ones performed by registered nurses and various therapists. This nursing home is substantially above the national average in terms of its quantity of both physical therapy and registered nurse hours provided to its residents. In fact, it provided about 50% more care per resident from both of these care providers than the average facility provided. These are generally good indicators of quality short-term care. Finally, we looked at the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that it outperformed the vast majority of facilities in the nation with 77.2 percent of its patients returning home.
Long-term Care Quality
Adding to its elite accomplishments in other areas, we awarded this facility a grade of A for our long-term care rating. Long-term care ratings of this caliber generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine healthcare services. This nursing home really impressed us in this area.
Does this page answer your questions about Advanced Health Care of Reno?
We also wanted to emphasize the fact that this facility received an impressive grade of A- in our nursing category. Our nursing rating is based on many factors, but the most important consideration is the level of nurse hours per patient per week. This nursing home provides an incredible 4.7 hours of nursing care per resident daily. Out of that total, many of those hours were provided by registered nurses, which is one of the most highly trained levels of nurses. On top of providing high levels of nursing care, this place also excelled in the quality-based metrics we assessed. It performed as well as any facility in Nevada when it comes to avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls.
Finishing off this facility's impressive profile, we gave this facility an A- for our inspections rating. With this score, the facility completes its straight A report card. Arguably the most significant factor we consider in calculating our inspection ratings is deficiencies. These deficiencies are found on a facility's recent inspection reports. Places with higher scores in this area typically dodged the most severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. Although this nursing home had some deficiencies on its report, none were severe based on CMS' scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Advanced Health Care of Reno Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Advanced Health Care of Reno, 9.79 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Advanced Health Care of Reno, 68.53% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percent of short-term stay residents who experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Reno, NV
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Reno, Nevada has 5 other nursing homes
- Renown Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.32 miles away1155 Mill Street Reno Nevada 89502Voluntary non-profit - Private(775) 982-4100
- Saint Mary's Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.28 miles away235 W 6th St Reno Nevada 89503Voluntary non-profit - Private(775) 770-3000
- Northern Nevada Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.18 miles away2375 E Prater Way Sparks Nevada 89434Proprietary(775) 331-7000
- Renown South Meadows Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.77 miles away10101 Double R Blvd Reno Nevada 89521Voluntary non-profit - Private(775) 982-7063
- Reno Dialysis Center (Dva)0.16 miles away1500 E 2nd St Ste 101 Reno Nevada 89502CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (775) 329-2100
- Liberty Dialysis - South Reno3.63 miles away601 Sierra Rose Dr Ste 101 Reno Nevada 89511Dialysis Stations: 16 (775) 624-8055
- Liberty Dialysis - Reno Home Dialysis3.63 miles away601 Sierra Rose Dr Ste 201 Reno Nevada 89511Dialysis Stations: 2 (775) 829-9961
- Sierra Rose Dialysis Center (Dva)3.86 miles away685 Sierra Rose Dr Reno Nevada 89511Dialysis Stations: 19 (775) 829-6580
- Liberty Dialysis - Northwest Reno4.72 miles away6144 Mae Anne Ave Reno Nevada 89523Dialysis Stations: 20 (775) 747-1100
- Liberty Dialysis - Sparks (Fmc)4.78 miles away5915 S Los Altos Pkwy Sparks Nevada 89436Dialysis Stations: 18 (775) 200-0108
- South Meadows Dialysis (Dva)6.48 miles away10085 Double R Blvd Ste 160 Reno Nevada 89521CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (775) 852-4200
- Sparks Dialysis (Dva)8.5 miles away4860 Vista Blvd Ste 100 Sparks Nevada 89436CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (775) 359-5432