Advanced Health Care of Reno is located in the densely populated metropolitan area of Reno, Nevada. This nursing home proved to be an A rated facility. This facility received one of the highest grades we offer. A grade in this range requires first-rate marks across the board. We were not surprised to discover that this is actually one of the top three nursing homes in Reno. This facility also received phenomenal grades in each of the major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Advanced Health Care of Reno
- Nursing Home
- Home Health Agency
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Top Nursing Home in Nevada Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Nevada Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
To go along with its strong overall score, we gave this facility an elite grade of A+ for its short-term care grade. In calculating our short-term care grades, we scrutinize a facility's levels of skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists respiratory therapists and other licensed professionals. This score is frequently a reliable assessment of the facility's rehabilitation. This nursing home employs both physical therapists and registered nurses. Not all facilities employ these skilled professionals. The last measure we considered in this area is the number of patients that ultimately were able to return home from the facility. We found that 7.2 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
This nursing home also received a very impressive nursing grade. In fact, this turned out to be its second best category grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of A. The nursing category consists of quite a few factors, many of which are based on levels of nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can generally be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Advanced Health Care of Reno?
Long-term Care Quality
Turning the page to our third area, this facility was awarded an excellent long-term care grade. In fact, we gave it a score of A in this category. In a long-term care setting, the primary goal is to keep patients as healthy and safe as possible. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate residents. Once we looked at the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we turned to the facility's vaccination record. We weren't able to track down this facility's vaccination rates. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Lastly, this facility also earned excellent government inspection reports in recent years. We awarded it one of our best grades in the area of inspections, with an A-. Few other facilities received an A- or better in every category. Inspection grades weigh a host of factors found on a nursing home's inspection reports. One key criteria we look at is the number and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with higher scores in this area tend to have very few severe deficiencies. Although this facility had some deficiencies on its government inspection report, none were severe based on CMS' scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Advanced Health Care of Reno Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Advanced Health Care of Reno, 9.64 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to gauge the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Advanced Health Care of Reno, 68.66% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term stay residents who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of independence with ADL's typically correlates with better rehabilitation services.
Scores for Reno, NV
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Reno, Nevada has 6 other nursing homes
- Renown Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.32 miles away1155 Mill Street Reno Nevada 89502Voluntary non-profit - Private(775) 982-4100
- Saint Mary's Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.28 miles away235 W 6th St Reno Nevada 89503Voluntary non-profit - Private(775) 770-3000
- Northern Nevada Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.18 miles away2375 E Prater Way Sparks Nevada 89434Proprietary(775) 331-7000
- Renown South Meadows Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.77 miles away10101 Double R Blvd Reno Nevada 89521Voluntary non-profit - Private(775) 982-7063
- Reno Dialysis Center (Dva)0.16 miles away1500 E 2nd St Ste 101 Reno Nevada 89502CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (775) 329-2100
- Liberty Dialysis - South Reno3.63 miles away601 Sierra Rose Dr Ste 101 Reno Nevada 89511Dialysis Stations: 16 (775) 624-8055
- Liberty Dialysis - Reno Home Dialysis3.63 miles away601 Sierra Rose Dr Ste 201 Reno Nevada 89511Dialysis Stations: 2 (775) 829-9961
- Sierra Rose Dialysis Center (Dva)3.86 miles away685 Sierra Rose Dr Reno Nevada 89511Dialysis Stations: 19 (775) 829-6580
- Liberty Dialysis - Northwest Reno4.72 miles away6144 Mae Anne Ave Reno Nevada 89523Dialysis Stations: 20 (775) 747-1100
- Liberty Dialysis - Sparks (Fmc)4.78 miles away5915 S Los Altos Pkwy Sparks Nevada 89436Dialysis Stations: 18 (775) 200-0108
- South Meadows Dialysis (Dva)6.48 miles away10085 Double R Blvd Ste 160 Reno Nevada 89521CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (775) 852-4200
- Sparks Dialysis (Dva)8.5 miles away4860 Vista Blvd Ste 100 Sparks Nevada 89436CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (775) 359-5432