Advanced Health Care of Overland Park is a small facility in Overland Park, Kansas. It looks like this facility is a well below average facility. A score of this caliber indicates we found a few red flags. Fortunately, this nursing home is one of 12 nursing homes in this city so if you aren't impressed, you should have better options. The only positive thing we can really say about this nursing home is that it didn't receive any F's in in any of the major categories. More information about its category grades is available below.
Advanced Health Care of Overland Park
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
4700 Indian Creek Parkway,
Overland Park KS 66207
95.78% estimated occupancy 1
Note: Advanced Health Care of Overland Park has been flagged for abuse in the past 12 months. We have capped this facility's overall grade accordingly.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Meal Delivery
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
Best Nursing Home in Overland Park, Kansas Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Kansas Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Kansas Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Overland Park, Kansas Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
While we did not have many favorable things to say about this place's overall score, it did receive a respectable inspection report this year. It received a decent score in this area with a B-. These inspection grades weigh several factors, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these factors by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This nursing home was assessed 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none were considered severe. This indicates that the inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies an imminent risk to patient safety or health. Lastly, this facility was flagged by CMS for possible abuse or neglect. We prefer to avoid facilities with this designation. Please do your best to find an alternative nursing home.
We also ended up giving this facility a fairly respectable grade in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of B-. Nursing ratings are largely based on the facility's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home averages just 0.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a very low figure. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this facility surprisingly excelled in some of the quality-based metrics we looked at. In fact, it performed well when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. Many consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care. In many cases, the quality of nursing care is just as important as the quantity of hours of care provided.
Does this page answer your questions about Advanced Health Care of Overland Park?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home was given its next highest category grade in the area of short-term care. We awarded this nursing home a B- in this category, which is a reasonably acceptable score. Short-term care ratings are important for prospective residents seeking rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally utilizes more highly-skilled nursing. This means a broad spectrum of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. In this nursing home's case, we were surprised to learn that it actually provides less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than a typical facility. The hope is that this does not adversely affect the quality of care. The final statistic we assessed in this area is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We discovered that just 6.9 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home, which is below average.
Long-term Care Quality
Our final category is long-term care, where we gave this facility a grade of B- in this category. Long-term care grades are based in part on the facility's volume of nursing services. This includes a vast spectrum of personal care services, ranging from assistance with activities of daily living to routine healthcare services. In addition to considering the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. We were not able to find information about this nursing home's vaccination rates. Lastly, this nursing home excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Advanced Health Care of Overland Park Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Advanced Health Care of Overland Park, 10.57 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the overall quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Advanced Health Care of Overland Park, 74.57% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percent of short-term stay patients who saw functional improvements.
Scores for Overland Park, KS
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Overland Park, Kansas has 11 other nursing homes
- Menorah Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.73 miles away5721 West 119th Street Leawood Kansas 66209Voluntary non-profit - Other(913) 498-6773
- St Joseph Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.89 miles away1000 Carondelet Dr Kansas City Missouri 64114Proprietary(816) 942-4400
- Saint Luke's South HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.59 miles away12300 Metcalf Avenue Overland Park Kansas 66213Voluntary non-profit - Other(913) 317-7904
- Overland Park Reg Med CtrAcute Care Hospitals 4.48 miles away10500 Quivira Road Lenexa Kansas 66215Proprietary(913) 541-5000
- Adventhealth Shawnee MissionAcute Care Hospitals 4.91 miles away9100 W 74th Street Overland Park Kansas 66204Voluntary non-profit - Church(913) 676-2152
- Research Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.59 miles away2316 E Meyer Blvd Kansas City Missouri 64132Proprietary(816) 276-4000
- St Lukes Hospital of Kansas CityAcute Care Hospitals 8.06 miles away4401 Wornall Road Kansas City Missouri 64111Voluntary non-profit - Private(816) 932-2000
- University of Kansas HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.41 miles away4000 Cambridge Street Kansas City Kansas 66160Government - Hospital District or Authority(913) 588-7332
- Bio-Medical Applications of Leawood2.03 miles away6751 W 119th St Leawood Kansas 66209Dialysis Stations: 18 (913) 491-6341
- Dialysis Clinics, Inc - State Line Dialysis2.1 miles away621 Carondelet Dr Kansas City Missouri 64114Dialysis Stations: 8 (816) 942-3650
- Dialysis Clinics, Inc - Saint Joseph2.18 miles away650 Carondelet Dr Kansas City Missouri 64114CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 38 (816) 941-0595
- Nall Dialysis2.27 miles away10787 Nall Ave #130 Leawood Kansas 66211Dialysis Stations: 15 (913) 649-2671
- Timberlake Dialysis3.38 miles away12110 Holmes Rd Kansas City Missouri 64145Dialysis Stations: 12 (816) 942-3827
- Concerto Kansas, LLC3.56 miles away6740 W 121st St Suite 100 Leawood Kansas 66209Dialysis Stations: 1 (913) 283-8063
- Johnson County Dialysis4.48 miles away10453 W 84th Terrace Overland Park Kansas 66214CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (913) 492-2044
- Davita Overland Park Dialysis4.7 miles away12201 W 110th St Overland Park Kansas 66210Dialysis Stations: 16 (913) 451-5984