Advanced Health Care of Overland Park is one of six available nursing homes in Overland Park, Kansas. We gave this facility an impressive overall grade of A-. This was head and heals above most of the nursing homes in Overland Park. Based on our assessment, this nursing home is really as good as it gets. This place's impressive report card was highlighted by its short-term care rating, which you can find in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Advanced Health Care of Overland Park
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Overland Park senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Meal Delivery
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Best Nursing Home in Overland Park, Kansas Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Kansas Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Kansas Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Overland Park, Kansas Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to being a strong nursing home overall, this facility also excelled at short-term care, where it received an elite grade of A+. Short-term care grades are often employed to gauge a nursing home's rehabilitation services. To have highly rated rehabilitation services, facilities generally must have higher levels of highly skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, speech therapists and other types of therapists. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final item we considered in this category is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the facility and return home. We found that 6.9 percent of this nursing home's patients were able to return home.
One of the other reasons we rated this nursing home so highly is that it earned a very impressive nursing grade. In that area, we awarded this nursing home an A+. The nursing rating assesses several components, but the main one is the level of nurse hours spent with patients. This particular nursing home provided 0.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility Kansas in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can often be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as by employing a policy of moving a patient more often.
Does this page answer your questions about Advanced Health Care of Overland Park?
Adding to its strong resume, this facility earned a grade of B for its inspections rating. This is a well above average score in this category. Inspection scores weigh several factors found on a facility's inspection report. One of the most important criteria we rely on is the number and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with better grades in this area usually have very few severe deficiencies. This nursing home was hit with 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were considered to be major deficiencies. This tells you that CMS didn't deem any of the deficiencies to create an immediate threat to resident safety or health. A few relatively minor dings are not something to panic about.
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to the fourth category, this nursing home received a decent long-term care grade. Although this wasn't quite as impressive as several of its other scores, this is still not the end of the world. If you are seeking anything other than short-term rehabilitation, you should take a close look at each nursing home's long-term care ratings. In addition to looking at the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. We weren't able to track down this place's vaccination data. Finally, this place was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. It had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Advanced Health Care of Overland Park Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Advanced Health Care of Overland Park, 12.31 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between reduced emergency room visits and the quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Advanced Health Care of Overland Park, 75.24% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of short-term stay patients who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many in the industry believe that this is a reasonable measure of rehabilitation services.
Scores for Overland Park, KS
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-minus
Looking for more options? Overland Park, Kansas has 5 other nursing homes
- Menorah Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.73 miles away5721 West 119th Street Leawood Kansas 66209Voluntary non-profit - Other(913) 498-6773
- St Joseph Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.89 miles away1000 Carondelet Dr Kansas City Missouri 64114Proprietary(816) 942-4400
- Saint Luke's South HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.59 miles away12300 Metcalf Avenue Overland Park Kansas 66213Voluntary non-profit - Other(913) 317-7904
- Overland Park Reg Med CtrAcute Care Hospitals 4.48 miles away10500 Quivira Road Lenexa Kansas 66215Proprietary(913) 541-5000
- Adventhealth Shawnee MissionAcute Care Hospitals 4.91 miles away9100 W 74th Street Overland Park Kansas 66204Voluntary non-profit - Church(913) 676-2152
- Research Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.59 miles away2316 E Meyer Blvd Kansas City Missouri 64132Proprietary(816) 276-4000
- St Lukes Hospital of Kansas CityAcute Care Hospitals 8.06 miles away4401 Wornall Road Kansas City Missouri 64111Voluntary non-profit - Private(816) 932-2000
- University of Kansas HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.41 miles away4000 Cambridge Street Kansas City Kansas 66160Government - Hospital District or Authority(913) 588-7332
- Bio-Medical Applications of Leawood2.03 miles away6751 W 119th St Leawood Kansas 66209Dialysis Stations: 18 (913) 491-6341
- Dialysis Clinics, Inc - State Line Dialysis2.1 miles away621 Carondelet Dr Kansas City Missouri 64114Dialysis Stations: 8 (816) 942-3650
- Dialysis Clinics, Inc - Saint Joseph2.18 miles away650 Carondelet Dr Kansas City Missouri 64114CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 38 (816) 941-0595
- Nall Dialysis2.27 miles away10787 Nall Ave #130 Leawood Kansas 66211Dialysis Stations: 15 (913) 649-2671
- Timberlake Dialysis3.38 miles away12110 Holmes Rd Kansas City Missouri 64145Dialysis Stations: 12 (816) 942-3827
- Concerto Kansas, LLC3.56 miles away6740 W 121st St Suite 100 Leawood Kansas 66209Dialysis Stations: 1 (913) 283-8063
- Johnson County Dialysis4.48 miles away10453 W 84th Terrace Overland Park Kansas 66214CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (913) 492-2044
- Davita Overland Park Dialysis4.7 miles away12201 W 110th St Overland Park Kansas 66210Dialysis Stations: 16 (913) 451-5984