With an address in Glendale, Arizona, Advanced Health Care of Glendale is one of six nursing homes in the area. Featuring an overall grade of A+, we scored this nursing home as the very best nursing home in Glendale. An overall grade in this range is a great indication of top-shelf nursing home. Based on our analysis, this nursing home is simply as good as it gets. Keep reading to see this nursing home's category ratings, which also impressed us. You really can't do much better than a straight A profile.
Advanced Health Care of Glendale
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
16825 North 63rd Avenue,
Glendale AZ 85306
77.96% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
Top Nursing Home in Arizona Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Glendale, Arizona Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Arizona Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Arizona Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Glendale, Arizona Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to being a first-rate nursing home overall, this facility also excelled in our short-term care category, where it received a grade of A+. In computing our short-term care ratings, we size up a facility's levels of highly skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists occupational therapists and other types of therapists. This score is frequently a meaningful assessment of a facility's rehabilitation. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final metric we looked at in this category is the number of residents who were able to leave the facility and return home. We found that 7.2 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
This nursing home also received a nearly flawless government inspection. As a result, it received one of our highest scores in that area with an A+. This is one of the few nursing homes to receive multiple A+'s. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in computing these inspection ratings. One of those factors is deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of the deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the number of deficiencies, as some are quite minor. We weren't able to locate information on deficiency's for this nursing home. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Advanced Health Care of Glendale?
Long-term Care Quality
We also would like to note the fact that this facility was given a top-shelf grade of A in our long-term care area. Nursing homes that receive this type of grade in long-term care tend to provide consistent 24/7 care to make sure patients are well cared for. On top of assessing the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. Unfortunately, we weren't able to locate this facility's vaccination rates. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Moving on to the fourth area, this nursing home was given an extremely favorable nursing score. We gave it a grade of A in that area, resulting in this facility receiving straight A's. When calculating our nursing ratings, we look at both the number of hours nurses spend with residents and the levels of licensure of the nurses. This particular nursing home provided 0.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well in the area of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Advanced Health Care of Glendale Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Advanced Health Care of Glendale, 11.03 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Advanced Health Care of Glendale, 73.85% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of short-term patients that experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Glendale, AZ
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Glendale, Arizona has 5 other nursing homes
- Abrazo Arrowhead CampusAcute Care Hospitals 1.34 miles away18701 North 67th Avenue Glendale Arizona 85308Proprietary(623) 561-1000
- Banner Thunderbird Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.05 miles away5555 West Thunderbird Road Glendale Arizona 85306Government - Hospital District or Authority(602) 865-4470
- Honorhealth Deer Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.89 miles away19829 North 27th Avenue Phoenix Arizona 85027Voluntary non-profit - Private(623) 879-6100
- Banner Boswell Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.49 miles away10401 West Thunderbird Boulevard Sun City Arizona 85351Voluntary non-profit - Other(623) 832-4000
- John C. Lincoln North Mountain HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.67 miles away250 East Dunlap Avenue Phoenix Arizona 85020Voluntary non-profit - Private(602) 331-5862
- Abrazo Central CampusAcute Care Hospitals 9.52 miles away2000 West Bethany Home Road Phoenix Arizona 85015Physician(602) 249-0212
- Banner Del E. Webb Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.34 miles away14502 West Meeker Boulevard Sun City West Arizona 85375Voluntary non-profit - Private(623) 524-4000
- Abrazo Scottsdale CampusAcute Care Hospitals 11.37 miles away3929 East Bell Road Phoenix Arizona 85032Proprietary(602) 923-5000
- Arrowhead Dialysis (Fmc)1.4 miles away16844 N 59th Ave Glendale Arizona 85306Dialysis Stations: 13 (602) 439-8200
- Thunderbird Dialysis (Fmc)1.86 miles away5750 W Thunderbird Rd Bldg G #750 Glendale Arizona 85306CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (602) 439-9502
- Southwest Kidney Dialysis - Arrowhead Lakes (Dva)2.77 miles away20325 N 51st Ave Ste 186 Bldg 11 Glendale Arizona 85308CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (623) 533-6521
- Sweetwater Ridge Dialysis (Dva)3.68 miles away7362 W Thunderbird Rd Suite 104 Peoria Arizona 85381Dialysis Stations: 20 (623) 486-0327
- Fmc North Mountain4.4 miles away16605 North 28th Avenue Suite 100 Phoenix Arizona 85053Dialysis Stations: 25 (602) 863-7954
- Phoenix Artificial Kidney Center (Fmc)4.47 miles away13090 N 94th Dr Ste 100 Peoria Arizona 85381CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (623) 974-5851
- Fmc-Glendale Town Center4.51 miles away4407 West Peoria Ave Glendale Arizona 85302Dialysis Stations: 25 (623) 934-9091
- Sun City Dialysis (Fmc)5.17 miles away10050 W Bell Rd Ste 29-31 Sun City Arizona 85351Dialysis Stations: 12 (623) 815-1770