With an address in Glendale, Arizona, Advanced Health Care of Glendale is one of just three available facilities in this city. We awarded this facility an A- overall grade, ranking it in the top 25 percent of all facilities in the country. Based on our assessment, this nursing home is really as good as it gets. The best part of this facility's strong profile is its short-term care grade. short-term care grades are discussed in the next paragraph
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Advanced Health Care of Glendale
- Nursing Home
- Home Health Agency
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Glendale senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in Arizona Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Glendale, Arizona Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Arizona Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Arizona Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Glendale, Arizona Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to being a first-rate facility overall, this facility also excelled in the area of short-term care, where it received an A+. Few facilities performed better in this category. Short-term care grades are often employed to judge a facility's performance with rehabilitation. To have highly graded rehabilitation services, facilities generally must provide better levels of highly skilled nursing. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists and other highly skilled individuals. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we considered the percentage of patients who returned home from this nursing home. We found that 7.2 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
Turning to our inspection category, this facility excelled in that area, which is based on the nursing home's recent inspection reports. We awarded it an A for that category. Inspection scores take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can find more information about each of these factors by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Unfortunately, it does not appear that we have deficiency counts for this nursing home. We would like to have more data for this nursing home. Without the deficiency related data, it was challenging to evaluate it in terms of this category.
Does this page answer your questions about Advanced Health Care of Glendale?
This facility also excelled in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of A-. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. We assessed the licensure of nurses at the facility, as well as the quantity of hours those nurses worked with residents, in determining our grade in this area. This facility provided 0.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can many times be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as employing a policy of turning patients more often.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we assessed is long-term care. We awarded this nursing home a decent grade in this category, with a grade of B-. Even though this was not as strong as many of this facility's other scores, it is still a middle of the pack score. Our long-term care grade is used to gauge a facility's performance as a traditional nursing home, as opposed to focusing on the skilled nursing services offered by a rehabilitation facility. Once we looked at the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination data. We weren't able to locate information about this nursing home's vaccination rates. Lastly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Advanced Health Care of Glendale Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Advanced Health Care of Glendale, 11.86 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to measure patient well-being during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Advanced Health Care of Glendale, 75.23% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percent of short-term residents who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some believe this is a reasonable measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation services.
- Abrazo Arrowhead CampusAcute Care Hospitals 1.34 miles away18701 North 67th Avenue Glendale Arizona 85308Proprietary(623) 561-1000
- Banner Thunderbird Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.05 miles away5555 West Thunderbird Road Glendale Arizona 85306Government - Hospital District or Authority(602) 865-4470
- Honorhealth Deer Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.89 miles away19829 North 27th Avenue Phoenix Arizona 85027Voluntary non-profit - Private(623) 879-6100
- Banner Boswell Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.49 miles away10401 West Thunderbird Boulevard Sun City Arizona 85351Voluntary non-profit - Other(623) 832-4000
- John C. Lincoln North Mountain HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.67 miles away250 East Dunlap Avenue Phoenix Arizona 85020Voluntary non-profit - Private(602) 331-5862
- Abrazo Central CampusAcute Care Hospitals 9.52 miles away2000 West Bethany Home Road Phoenix Arizona 85015Physician(602) 249-0212
- Banner Del E. Webb Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.34 miles away14502 West Meeker Boulevard Sun City West Arizona 85375Voluntary non-profit - Private(623) 524-4000
- Abrazo Scottsdale CampusAcute Care Hospitals 11.37 miles away3929 East Bell Road Phoenix Arizona 85032Proprietary(602) 923-5000
- Arrowhead Dialysis (Fmc)1.4 miles away16844 N 59th Ave Glendale Arizona 85306Dialysis Stations: 13 (602) 439-8200
- Thunderbird Dialysis (Fmc)1.86 miles away5750 W Thunderbird Rd Bldg G #750 Glendale Arizona 85306CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (602) 439-9502
- Southwest Kidney Dialysis - Arrowhead Lakes (Dva)2.77 miles away20325 N 51st Ave Ste 186 Bldg 11 Glendale Arizona 85308CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (623) 533-6521
- Sweetwater Ridge Dialysis (Dva)3.68 miles away7362 W Thunderbird Rd Suite 104 Peoria Arizona 85381Dialysis Stations: 20 (623) 486-0327
- Fmc North Mountain4.4 miles away16605 North 28th Avenue Suite 100 Phoenix Arizona 85053Dialysis Stations: 25 (602) 863-7954
- Phoenix Artificial Kidney Center (Fmc)4.47 miles away13090 N 94th Dr Ste 100 Peoria Arizona 85381CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (623) 974-5851
- Fmc-Glendale Town Center4.51 miles away4407 West Peoria Ave Glendale Arizona 85302Dialysis Stations: 25 (623) 934-9091
- Sun City Dialysis (Fmc)5.17 miles away10050 W Bell Rd Ste 29-31 Sun City Arizona 85351Dialysis Stations: 12 (623) 815-1770