Advanced Health Care of Colorado Springs is in Colorado Springs, Colorado. This city is among the most densely populated cities in the nation with has 525,713 people. This facility is among the top nursing homes we looked at. In fact, it received our very best rating. Colorado Springs offers a double digit count of other nursing homes, however, we question whether you will need to check out too many others. This one looks like a very fine option. Headlining this facility's stellar profile is its inspection reports, which you can find in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Advanced Health Care of Colorado Springs
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Colorado Springs senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Best Nursing Home in Colorado Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Colorado Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Colorado Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for our inspections rating. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in computing our inspection scores. One of those factors is deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the number of deficiencies, as some of these end up being quite insignificant. It doesn't appear that we have information on deficiency's for this nursing home. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
We also wanted to note the fact that this facility excelled in our short-term care category. We awarded them a dominant score of A+ in this area. Our short-term care grade is often used to score a facility's performance with rehabilitation. To have highly rated rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally need to offer higher levels of highly skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists and other highly skilled individuals. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the number of patients who who were able to eventually return home from this facility. We found that 6.6 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Advanced Health Care of Colorado Springs?
Long-term Care Quality
Adding to its high-end assessment, this facility also was given a strong long-term care score, with a grade of A. If you are looking for anything other than rehabilitation, you should take a close look at long-term care ratings. One of the factors we considered on top of nursing hours is vaccines. Unfortunately, it does not appear that this facility provided vaccination data. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. It had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
The last area we rated was nursing, where this nursing home was awarded an A-. This finished off a very impressive report card. Not many nursing homes earned an A- or better in every single category. Nursing grades are heavily correlated with quantity of nursing care available. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can often be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Advanced Health Care of Colorado Springs Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Advanced Health Care of Colorado Springs, 7.26% of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Advanced Health Care of Colorado Springs, 83.51% of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term care patients that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Colorado Springs, CO
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Colorado Springs, Colorado has 10 other nursing homes
- University Colo Health Memorial Hospital CentralAcute Care Hospitals 0.96 miles away1400 E Boulder St Colorado Springs Colorado 80909Government - Local(719) 365-5000
- Cedar Springs Behavioral Health SystemPsychiatric 2.71 miles away2135 Southgate Rd Colorado Springs Colorado 80906Proprietary(719) 633-4114
- Centura Health-Penrose-St Francis Health ServicesAcute Care Hospitals 3.03 miles away2222 North Nevada Ave Colorado Springs Colorado 80907Voluntary non-profit - Private(719) 776-5000
- Uchealth Grandview HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.7 miles away5623 Pulpit Peak View Colorado Springs Colorado 80918Voluntary non-profit - Private(719) 272-3623
- Uchealth Pikes Peak Regional HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 18.45 miles away16420 West Highway 24 Woodland Park Colorado 80863Voluntary non-profit - Private(719) 687-9999
- Printers Place Dialysis Center (Dva)0.34 miles away2802 International Cir Colorado Springs Colorado 80910Dialysis Stations: 16 (719) 630-0602
- Liberty Dialysis - Colorado Springs South (Fmc)0.35 miles away2508 Airport Rd Colorado Springs Colorado 80909CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (719) 227-7455
- Pikes Peak Dialysis Center (Dva)1.83 miles away2002 Lelaray St Ste 130 Colorado Springs Colorado 80909CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 43 (719) 471-4615
- Liberty Dialysis Colorado Springs Central (Fmc)1.85 miles away1910 E Lelaray St Colorado Springs Colorado 80909CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (719) 380-4878
- Liberty Dialysis - Colorado Springs North (Fmc)6.18 miles away2180 Hollowbrook Dr Colorado Springs Colorado 80918CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (719) 593-2999
- North Colorado Springs Dialysis (Dva)8.3 miles away6071 E Woodmen Rd Ste 100/120 Colorado Springs Colorado 80923Dialysis Stations: 15 (719) 638-1223