Advanced Health Care of Colorado Springs is in Colorado Springs, Colorado. This city is among the most densely populated cities in the nation with has 525,713 people. This facility is among the top nursing homes we looked at. In fact, it received our very best rating. Colorado Springs offers a double digit count of other nursing homes, however, we question whether you will need to check out too many others. This one looks like a very fine option. Headlining this facility's stellar profile is its inspection reports, which you can find in the next paragraph.
Advanced Health Care of Colorado Springs
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
Best Nursing Home in Colorado Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Colorado Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Colorado Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for our inspections rating. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in computing our inspection scores. One of those factors is deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the number of deficiencies, as some of these end up being quite insignificant. It doesn't appear that we have information on deficiency's for this nursing home. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
We also wanted to note the fact that this facility excelled in our short-term care category. We awarded them a dominant score of A+ in this area. Our short-term care grade is often used to score a facility's performance with rehabilitation. To have highly rated rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally need to offer higher levels of highly skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists and other highly skilled individuals. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the number of patients who who were able to eventually return home from this facility. We found that 6.6 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Advanced Health Care of Colorado Springs?
Adding to its strong resume, this facility also received an excellent nursing score, with a grade of A. Nursing grades are based largely on quantity of nursing care available. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well in terms of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
In our last area, this facility also was given an impressive long-term care rating, with a grade of A. This completed a very strong profile. Facilities that receive this type of grade in long-term care tend to provide consistent around the clock care to ensure patients are kept in good health. On top of considering the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. Unfortunately, we weren't able to find this place's vaccination data. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Advanced Health Care of Colorado Springs Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Advanced Health Care of Colorado Springs, 12.03 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Advanced Health Care of Colorado Springs, 75.71% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term care patients that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Colorado Springs, CO
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Colorado Springs, Colorado has 20 other nursing homes
- University Colo Health Memorial Hospital CentralAcute Care Hospitals 0.96 miles away1400 E Boulder St Colorado Springs Colorado 80909Government - Local(719) 365-5000
- Cedar Springs Behavioral Health SystemPsychiatric 2.71 miles away2135 Southgate Rd Colorado Springs Colorado 80906Proprietary(719) 633-4114
- Centura Health-Penrose-St Francis Health ServicesAcute Care Hospitals 3.03 miles away2222 North Nevada Ave Colorado Springs Colorado 80907Voluntary non-profit - Private(719) 776-5000
- Uchealth Grandview HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.7 miles away5623 Pulpit Peak View Colorado Springs Colorado 80918Voluntary non-profit - Private(719) 272-3623
- Uchealth Pikes Peak Regional HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 18.45 miles away16420 West Highway 24 Woodland Park Colorado 80863Voluntary non-profit - Private(719) 687-9999
- Printers Place Dialysis Center (Dva)0.34 miles away2802 International Cir Colorado Springs Colorado 80910Dialysis Stations: 16 (719) 630-0602
- Liberty Dialysis - Colorado Springs South (Fmc)0.35 miles away2508 Airport Rd Colorado Springs Colorado 80909CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (719) 227-7455
- Pikes Peak Dialysis Center (Dva)1.83 miles away2002 Lelaray St Ste 130 Colorado Springs Colorado 80909CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 43 (719) 471-4615
- Liberty Dialysis Colorado Springs Central (Fmc)1.85 miles away1910 E Lelaray St Colorado Springs Colorado 80909CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (719) 380-4878
- Liberty Dialysis - Colorado Springs North (Fmc)6.18 miles away2180 Hollowbrook Dr Colorado Springs Colorado 80918CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (719) 593-2999
- North Colorado Springs Dialysis (Dva)8.3 miles away6071 E Woodmen Rd Ste 100/120 Colorado Springs Colorado 80923Dialysis Stations: 15 (719) 638-1223