With an address in Coeur D Alene, Idaho, Advanced Health Care of Coeur D'alene is one of five available facilities in the city. This nursing home was given an overall score of A-. This is the number one rated facility in Coeur D Alene. Based on our ratings, you can't go wrong with this place. This nursing home's strong profile was highlighted by its short-term care grade, which you can find in the next paragraph.
Advanced Health Care of Coeur D'alene
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
We also found that this facility excelled in our short-term care rating. We awarded them an impressive grade of A+ in this category. In the category of short-term care, we endeavor to evaluate measures of a nursing home's rehabilitation. We analyze a nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses and physical, occupational and other therapists. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last datapoint we assessed in this category is the number of patients who were able to leave the facility and return home. We found that 7.3 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Turning to our inspection category, this facility excelled in that area, which is based on the nursing home's government inspections. In fact, we awarded it an A- for that category. Our inspection grades are tied to pieces of information located in the a nursing home's government inspections. Places that score well in this category typically have very few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. While this facility had a few minor dings on its inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones found in categories G through L. This means CMS didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. The fact that none of the deficiencies were severe made us feel better about this inspection report.
Does this page answer your questions about Advanced Health Care of Coeur D'alene?
To complement its strong performance in other areas, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A- for our inspections rating. Our nursing grade is based on the nursing home's nurse staffing levels. We weigh both the levels of training of those nurses and the number of hours spent with patients. This nursing home provides 0.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can often be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to our next area, this nursing home received a respectable long-term care rating. While this isn't nearly as elite as many of its other category grades, this is still not a bad grade. Our long-term care grades are based in part on the facility's amount of nursing care. This means a broad scope of personal care services, ranging from assistance with activities of daily living to routine medical services. One of the criteria we considered in addition to nurse's aid hours was vaccinations. It doesn't appear that this nursing home submitted information about vaccinations. Lastly, this nursing home keeps its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Advanced Health Care of Coeur D'alene Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Advanced Health Care of Coeur D'alene, 12.05 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to measure the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Advanced Health Care of Coeur D'alene, 75.39% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percentage of short-term care residents that experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Coeur D Alene, ID
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-minus
Looking for more options? Coeur D Alene, Idaho has 4 other nursing homes
- Kootenai HealthAcute Care Hospitals 0.76 miles away2003 Kootenai Health Way Coeur D Alene Idaho 83814Government - Hospital District or Authority(208) 625-4000
- Multicare Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.82 miles away12606 East Mission Avenue Spokane Washington 99216Voluntary non-profit - Private(509) 924-6650
- Fmc North Idaho Dialysis Facility0.38 miles awayKootenai Medical Center 2100 Ironwood Court Suite A Coeur D Alene Idaho 83814Dialysis Stations: 12 (208) 664-3064
- Fmc Hayden Lake3.22 miles away7600 Mineral Dr Ste 850 Coeur D Alene Idaho 83815Dialysis Stations: 12 (208) 762-4411
- Dsi Hayden Dialysis3.97 miles away8556 Wayne Dr Hayden Idaho 83835Dialysis Stations: 15 (208) 762-7724
- Dsi Post Falls Dialysis4.16 miles away920 North Highway 41 Ste 3 Post Falls Idaho 83854Dialysis Stations: 13 (208) 627-2039
- Fmc Post Falls Dialysis Unit5.72 miles away1300 E Mullan Suite 1200 Post Falls Idaho 83854Dialysis Stations: 12 (208) 777-6054
- Spokane Valley Renal Center19.78 miles away12610 E Mirabeau Pkwy Suite 100 Spokane Washington 99216CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 10 (509) 228-9933