Located in Aurora, Colorado, Advanced Health Care of Aurora is one of seven nursing homes there. This is a grade A facility, which is a dominant score. This is really as good of a place as you'll find. If you look further down this page, you will see this facility's category grades, which are also strong.
Advanced Health Care of Aurora
- Nursing Home
- Home Health Agency
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
1800 South Potomac Street,
Aurora CO 80012
84.07% estimated occupancy 1
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a first rate nursing home overall, this nursing home performed well in our inspections category, where it earned an A+. Very few nursing homes performed as well in this category. Perhaps the most critical factor we consider in computing our inspection ratings is deficiencies. These deficiencies are found on a facility's recent inspection reports. Places with better scores in this category most likely avoided the most severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. This place received 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were considered severe. This means that the government inspectors didn't consider any of these deficiencies to create an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Remember that deficiency-free inspections are rare in this industry.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home also received an A+ for its short-term care grade. Short-term care ratings are based in part on a nursing home's quantity of skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This means a broad spectrum of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, in addition to other types of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the number of residents who returned home from this facility. We found that 7.2 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Advanced Health Care of Aurora?
This nursing home also received a very impressive nursing grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of A-. In computing a facility's nursing score, we weigh the quantity of hours nurses commit to residents as well as the level of skill of those nurses. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well when it comes to minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
Switching gears to our fourth area, this facility was awarded an extremely favorable long-term care rating. Although this was not as good as several of its other scores, this is still one of the more impressive scores a facility can receive. For residents looking for a permanent place to live as opposed to rehabilitation, long-term care is a very important category. Once we looked at the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we turned to the facility's vaccination records. We were not able to find this place's vaccination data. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Advanced Health Care of Aurora Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Advanced Health Care of Aurora, 12.31 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Advanced Health Care of Aurora, 76.2% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percentage of short-term stay residents who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many believe this is a reliable measure of a facility's rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Aurora, CO
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Aurora, Colorado has 6 other nursing homes
- Medical Center of Aurora, TheAcute Care Hospitals 0.38 miles away1501 S Potomac St Aurora Colorado 80012Proprietary(303) 873-5511
- Children's Hospital ColoradoChildrens 3.99 miles away13123 E 16th Ave Aurora Colorado 80045Voluntary non-profit - Private(720) 777-1234
- University of Colorado Hospital AuthorityAcute Care Hospitals 4 miles away12605 E 16th Ave Aurora Colorado 80045Government - Hospital District or Authority(720) 848-0000
- Rose Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.36 miles away4567 E 9th Ave Denver Colorado 80220Proprietary(303) 320-2121
- National Jewish HealthAcute Care Hospitals 7.09 miles away1400 Jackson St Denver Colorado 80206Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 388-4461
- Centura Health-Porter Adventist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.61 miles away2525 S Downing St Denver Colorado 80210Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 778-1955
- Swedish Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.27 miles away501 E Hampden Ave Englewood Colorado 80113Proprietary(303) 788-5000
- Presbyterian St Lukes Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.41 miles away1719 E 19th Ave Denver Colorado 80218Government - State(303) 839-6000
- Aurora Dialysis (Dva)0.5 miles away1411 S Potomac St Ste 100 Aurora Colorado 80012CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (303) 368-1911
- East Aurora Dialysis (Dva)2.01 miles away482 S Chambers Rd Aurora Colorado 80017CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (303) 696-1137
- South Denver Dialysis (Fmc)2.84 miles away3410 S Galena St Suite 100 Denver Colorado 80231Dialysis Stations: 13 (303) 671-2419
- Sable Dialysis (Dva)2.94 miles away509 N Sable Blvd Aurora Colorado 80011CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (303) 366-9458
- Northeast Denver Dialysis (Fkc)3.32 miles away590 Laredo St Aurora Colorado 80017Dialysis Stations: 17 (303) 344-8704
- Aurora Dialysis (Fmc)3.36 miles away962 Potomac Cir Aurora Colorado 80011Dialysis Stations: 24 (303) 340-1398
- The Childrens Hospital Kidney Ctr.4.07 miles away13123 E 16th Ave #328 Aurora Colorado 80045Dialysis Stations: 9 (720) 777-6263
- University of Co Hospital - Home Dialysis4.07 miles away12605 E. 16th Ave Aurora Colorado 80045Dialysis Stations: 6 (720) 848-3102