Advanced Health Care of Aurora is a small nursing home in Aurora, Colorado. This nursing home is an A rated facility. It received one of the top ratings we offer. A grade in this range requires first-rate scores across the board. Aurora has a slew of nursing homes, but it is unlikely you will need to check out too many others. This one looks like a high quality option. This place also received consistently good grades in all four of the major categories. Additional information about its category grades can be found below.
Advanced Health Care of Aurora
Updated May 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
1800 South Potomac Street,
Aurora CO 80012
68.51% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to receiving a great overall grade, this nursing home received an A+ in the area of short-term care. Short-term care grades are meaningful for people looking for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically utilizes more skilled nursing. Skilled nursing means a wide spectrum of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. This nursing home is substantially above the national average in terms of its quantity of both physical therapy and registered nurse hours provided to its residents. In fact, it provided about 50% more care per resident from both of these care providers than the average facility provided. These are generally good indicators of quality short-term care. Lastly, we looked at the percentage of residents that ultimately were able to return home from this nursing home. On top of excelling in the area of physical therapy hours, we found that it fared as well as just about any facility in the country in this area with 71.2 percent of its residents returning home.
This facility also received a nearly flawless inspection report. As a result, it earned one of our highest grades in that area with an A+. This was one of the few nursing homes to receive multiple A+ category grades. Inspection scores take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can find more information about each of these factors by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. While this place had some minor dings on its inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means CMS didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. We should note that deficiency-free inspection reports are uncommon in the industry.
Does this page answer your questions about Advanced Health Care of Aurora?
This facility also excelled in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of A. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. We looked at the qualifications of nurses at the nursing home, as well as the quantity of time the nurses spent with patients, in calculating our score in this category. This place provided 6.7 hours of nursing care per patient daily, which is among the highest figures in the country. A significant percentage of those hours were provided by registered nurses, which are one of the most highly skilled levels of nurses. We were very impressed by both of these figures. In addition to providing impressive levels of nursing care, this nursing home also excelled in the quality measures we assessed. It performed as well as any facility in the country in terms of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers.
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we looked at is long-term care. We gave this nursing home one of our better scores in this category, with a B. Even though this is not as favorable as a few of this facility's other scores, it is still a fine grade. If you are seeking anything other than rehabilitation, you should take a close look at each facility's long-term care ratings. One of the statistics we considered in addition to nursing hours was vaccines. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like this nursing home provided data regarding vaccinations. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Advanced Health Care of Aurora Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Advanced Health Care of Aurora, 11.36 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between fewer emergency room visits and the overall quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Advanced Health Care of Aurora, 75.04% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term stay residents who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Aurora, CO
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Aurora, Colorado has 10 other nursing homes
- Medical Center of Aurora, TheAcute Care Hospitals 0.38 miles away1501 S Potomac St Aurora Colorado 80012Proprietary(303) 873-5511
- Children's Hospital ColoradoChildrens 3.99 miles away13123 E 16th Ave Aurora Colorado 80045Voluntary non-profit - Private(720) 777-1234
- University of Colorado Hospital AuthorityAcute Care Hospitals 4 miles away12605 E 16th Ave Aurora Colorado 80045Government - Hospital District or Authority(720) 848-0000
- Rose Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.36 miles away4567 E 9th Ave Denver Colorado 80220Proprietary(303) 320-2121
- National Jewish HealthAcute Care Hospitals 7.09 miles away1400 Jackson St Denver Colorado 80206Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 388-4461
- Centura Health-Porter Adventist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.61 miles away2525 S Downing St Denver Colorado 80210Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 778-1955
- Swedish Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.27 miles away501 E Hampden Ave Englewood Colorado 80113Proprietary(303) 788-5000
- Presbyterian St Lukes Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.41 miles away1719 E 19th Ave Denver Colorado 80218Government - State(303) 839-6000
- Aurora Dialysis (Dva)0.5 miles away1411 S Potomac St Ste 100 Aurora Colorado 80012CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (303) 368-1911
- East Aurora Dialysis (Dva)2.01 miles away482 S Chambers Rd Aurora Colorado 80017CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (303) 696-1137
- South Denver Dialysis (Fmc)2.84 miles away3410 S Galena St Suite 100 Denver Colorado 80231Dialysis Stations: 13 (303) 671-2419
- Sable Dialysis (Dva)2.94 miles away509 N Sable Blvd Aurora Colorado 80011CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (303) 366-9458
- Northeast Denver Dialysis (Fkc)3.32 miles away590 Laredo St Aurora Colorado 80017Dialysis Stations: 17 (303) 344-8704
- Aurora Dialysis (Fmc)3.36 miles away962 Potomac Cir Aurora Colorado 80011Dialysis Stations: 24 (303) 340-1398
- The Childrens Hospital Kidney Ctr.4.07 miles away13123 E 16th Ave #328 Aurora Colorado 80045Dialysis Stations: 9 (720) 777-6263
- University of Co Hospital - Home Dialysis4.07 miles away12605 E. 16th Ave Aurora Colorado 80045Dialysis Stations: 6 (720) 848-3102