With an address in Albuquerque, New Mexico, Advanced Health Care of Albuquerque is one of seven facilities in this city. This nursing home was given an A- overall, which is one of our higher grades. Not surprisingly, this proved to be radically superior to most of the nursing homes in Albuquerque. Keep reading to find this nursing home's category ratings, which are also impressive. It's hard to poke holes in this facility's profile.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Advanced Health Care of Albuquerque
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Albuquerque senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Best Nursing Home in New Mexico Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in New Mexico Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in New Mexico Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home an A+ for its short-term care grade. With our short-term care assessment, we attempt to craft a fair measure for rehabilitation. In this process, we analyze the facility's level of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final metric we assessed in this category is the number of patients who ultimately were able to return home from the nursing home. We found that 7.1 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Adding to this facility's impressive resume, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A- for our inspections rating. Inspection ratings are tied to pieces of information located in the a nursing home's recent inspections. Facilities that receive favorable grades in this area have very few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these places generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. This nursing home was hit with 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none were considered to be major deficiencies. This indicates that the inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies to pose an imminent risk to resident safety or health. We should point out that deficiency-free inspection reports are rare in this industry.
Does this page answer your questions about Advanced Health Care of Albuquerque?
Another strong feature for this facility is that it received an impressive nursing grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of B+. Our nursing grade includes several factors. The most heavily weighted one is the number of hours nurses spend with patients. This particular nursing home provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can typically be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we graded is long-term care, where this facility was awarded a grade of B. Even though this wound up being its weakest category score, this is still an above average rating. In a long-term care setting, the nursing home's primary objective is to keep patients healthy and safe. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate patients. One of the factors we considered on top of nurse's aid hours is vaccinations. It does not appear that this facility provided information on its vaccination levels. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Advanced Health Care of Albuquerque Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Advanced Health Care of Albuquerque, 16.43 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to assess the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Advanced Health Care of Albuquerque, 66.9% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term care residents who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Albuquerque, NM
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of C
Looking for more options? Albuquerque, New Mexico has 6 other nursing homes
- Lovelace Women's HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.72 miles away4701 Montgomery Boulevard Ne Albuquerque New Mexico 87109Government - State(505) 727-7805
- Unm HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.73 miles away2211 Lomas Boulevard Ne Albuquerque New Mexico 87106Voluntary non-profit - Other(505) 272-2111
- Lovelace Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.43 miles away601 Dr Martin Luther King Jr Ave Ne Albuquerque New Mexico 87102Voluntary non-profit - Private(505) 727-8000
- Presbyterian HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.44 miles away1100 Central Avenue Se Albuquerque New Mexico 87106Voluntary non-profit - Private(505) 724-8386
- Lovelace Westside HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.56 miles away10501 Golf Course Road Nw Albuquerque New Mexico 87114Proprietary(505) 727-2001
- Unm Sandoval Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.99 miles away3001 Broadmoor Blvd Ne Rio Rancho New Mexico 87144Voluntary non-profit - Private(505) 994-7402
- Albuquerque Dialysis (Dci)1.4 miles away1500 Indian School Rd Ne Albuquerque New Mexico 87102CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (505) 724-1500
- Fresenius Kidney Care Home Dialysis of New Mexico LLC2.06 miles away700 Lomas Blvd Ne Three Woodward Center Albuquerque New Mexico 87102Dialysis Stations: 3 (505) 842-5210
- North Albuquerque Dialysis Center (Fmc)2.4 miles away5200 San Mateo Blvd Ne Albuquerque New Mexico 87109CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (505) 883-7599
- Del Norte Dialysis2.4 miles away5201 San Mateo Blvd Ne Albuquerque New Mexico 87109Dialysis Stations: 17 (505) 884-4820
- Unm Pediatric Dialysis2.71 miles away2211 Lomas Blvd Ne Box 256 Albuquerque New Mexico 87106Dialysis Stations: 4 (505) 925-4387
- Albuquerque East (Dci)2.87 miles away905 Louisiana Blvd Ne Albuquerque New Mexico 87110CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (505) 254-1800
- Gibson Dialysis Center (Fmc)4.11 miles away5400 Gibson Blvd Se Ssuite 100 Albuquerque New Mexico 87108Dialysis Stations: 25 (505) 255-0111
- New Mexico Artificial Kidney Center (Fmc)4.26 miles away1600 Randolph Se Ste 100 Albuquerque New Mexico 87106Dialysis Stations: 21 (505) 244-3633