Advanced Health Care of Albuquerque is one of many options to choose from in Albuquerque, New Mexico. We awarded this nursing home an impressive overall score of B. In fact, this turned out to be the fifth best nursing home in Albuquerque according to our rankings. This place truly has plenty going for it. More information on this nursing home's category grades may be found below. Its best category is short-term care, which is addressed in the next section.
Advanced Health Care of Albuquerque
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
Best Nursing Home in New Mexico Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in New Mexico Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in New Mexico Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to faring well in its overall grade, this nursing home received even higher grades in the area of short-term care. In fact, it received one of our highest scores in that category with A. Our short-term care ratings are probably most meaningful for patients needing rehabilitation from their nursing home. Rehabilitation typically requires higher levels of highly-skilled nursing. Skilled nursing means not merely nursing, but also physical and speech therapy, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, this nursing home offers both physical therapists and registered nurses. Not all facilities offer both. The final item we looked at in this category is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We found that 7.1 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
In addition, this nursing home excelled in the area of inspections, where it earned a grade of A-. Inspection ratings account for a host of factors found on a facility's inspection report. One key criteria we rely on is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Places with better grades in this category generally have few severe deficiencies. Fortunately, although this facility had some minor dings on its inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones found in categories G through L. This tells you that the government inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. The fact that none of the deficiencies were severe leaves us less concerned with this inspection report.
Does this page answer your questions about Advanced Health Care of Albuquerque?
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home's third most favorable category came in the area of long-term care. In that category, we awarded this nursing home a B-. Our long-term care grade is often used to judge a facility's performance as a traditional nursing home, as opposed to focusing more on the skilled nursing services offered by a rehabilitation facility. One of the criteria we considered in addition to nurse's aid hours was vaccinations. It does not look like this nursing home provided data regarding vaccinations. Lastly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
The last area we looked at was nursing. In this category, we gave this facility a C. Our nursing rating is based on many factors, most of which are tied to quantities of nurse staffing. This facility provided just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a relatively low total compared to most other facilities. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this nursing home fared better in some of the quality measures we looked at. It performed well in terms of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be reliable measures of the quality of nursing care. In many cases, the quality of nursing care is as important as the number of hours of care offered.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Advanced Health Care of Albuquerque Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Advanced Health Care of Albuquerque, 15.18 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Advanced Health Care of Albuquerque, 65.79% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term patients that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Albuquerque, NM
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-minus
Looking for more options? Albuquerque, New Mexico has 17 other nursing homes
- Lovelace Women's HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.72 miles away4701 Montgomery Boulevard Ne Albuquerque New Mexico 87109Government - State(505) 727-7805
- Unm HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.73 miles away2211 Lomas Boulevard Ne Albuquerque New Mexico 87106Voluntary non-profit - Other(505) 272-2111
- Lovelace Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.43 miles away601 Dr Martin Luther King Jr Ave Ne Albuquerque New Mexico 87102Voluntary non-profit - Private(505) 727-8000
- Presbyterian HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.44 miles away1100 Central Avenue Se Albuquerque New Mexico 87106Voluntary non-profit - Private(505) 724-8386
- Lovelace Westside HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.56 miles away10501 Golf Course Road Nw Albuquerque New Mexico 87114Proprietary(505) 727-2001
- Unm Sandoval Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.99 miles away3001 Broadmoor Blvd Ne Rio Rancho New Mexico 87144Voluntary non-profit - Private(505) 994-7402
- Albuquerque Dialysis (Dci)1.4 miles away1500 Indian School Rd Ne Albuquerque New Mexico 87102CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (505) 724-1500
- Fresenius Kidney Care Home Dialysis of New Mexico LLC2.06 miles away700 Lomas Blvd Ne Three Woodward Center Albuquerque New Mexico 87102Dialysis Stations: 3 (505) 842-5210
- North Albuquerque Dialysis Center (Fmc)2.4 miles away5200 San Mateo Blvd Ne Albuquerque New Mexico 87109CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (505) 883-7599
- Del Norte Dialysis2.4 miles away5201 San Mateo Blvd Ne Albuquerque New Mexico 87109Dialysis Stations: 17 (505) 884-4820
- Unm Pediatric Dialysis2.71 miles away2211 Lomas Blvd Ne Box 256 Albuquerque New Mexico 87106Dialysis Stations: 4 (505) 925-4387
- Albuquerque East (Dci)2.87 miles away905 Louisiana Blvd Ne Albuquerque New Mexico 87110CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (505) 254-1800
- Gibson Dialysis Center (Fmc)4.11 miles away5400 Gibson Blvd Se Ssuite 100 Albuquerque New Mexico 87108Dialysis Stations: 25 (505) 255-0111
- New Mexico Artificial Kidney Center (Fmc)4.26 miles away1600 Randolph Se Ste 100 Albuquerque New Mexico 87106Dialysis Stations: 21 (505) 244-3633