Advanced Care Center is an average-sized nursing home located in Clearwater, Florida. This nursing home proved to be a quality facility, with an overall grade of B. In spite of Clearwater offering 14 nursing homes to choose from, this nursing home ought to be a sound option. We were also pleased to find that this place didn't have any poor grades in any of the major categories discussed below. More information about its category grades is available below.
Advanced Care Center
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
401 Fairwood Ave,
Clearwater FL 33759
90.41% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Radiation Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
On top of being a quality facility overall, this nursing home really excelled in our inspections category, where it received an A. Few facilities performed better in this category. Inspection scores are tied to several items located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that receive favorable grades in this category have very few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these facilities should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. This place was assessed 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe deficiencies. This tells you that CMS did not consider any of the deficiencies an imminent risk to patient health or safety. Keep in mind that deficiency-free inspections are uncommon in the industry.
One of the other reasons we graded this nursing home so highly is that it earned a very impressive nursing score. This proved to be its second best category grade. In that category, we awarded this nursing home an B. The nursing rating includes a variety of subcategories. The most heavily weighted variable is the number of hours nurses spent with residents. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can often be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Advanced Care Center?
Long-term Care Quality
This facility is also above average in the area of long-term care, where it received a grade of B. It performed better than most facilities in this category. When facilities receive this type of score in long-term care it is typically a good sign for resident care and suggests that the nursing home is well-staffed with nurses and aids. In addition to assessing the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home administered the vaccine to 98.8604 percent of its patients, which is very impressive. Pneumonia can be a dangerous condition for nursing home patients so we strongly prefer when a facility does not roll the dice on this issue. Lastly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Short-term Care Quality
Moving on to the last category, this nursing home received an acceptable short-term care score of C. Our short-term care ratings are arguably more important for patients in need of rehabilitation services. Rehabilitation typically utilizes additional skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes not only nursing, but also physical and speech therapy, as well as other forms of therapy. We weren't able to locate information about this nursing home's registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. Lastly, we assessed the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 4.4 percent of this facility's residents returned home. At most nursing homes, closer to half of their patients are able to return home so this figure is below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Advanced Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Advanced Care Center, 9.08% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of patients who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many experts to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are routinely caused by residents staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Advanced Care Center, 2.82% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay patients that have suffered a fall leading to major injury. This is one of the statistics we use in determining nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Advanced Care Center, 1.81% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint tells you the percent of long-term residents who suffered from a UTI. UTI's could be an indication of lower quality nursing care. However, this statistic can be skewed for some nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Advanced Care Center, 10.64% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents who were given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are given to residents for many medical conditions, including cognitive disorders. Sadly, in limited situations, increased usage of these drugs may indicate that a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Advanced Care Center, 21.27% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are prescribed to patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Advanced Care Center, 2.33% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term residents who are demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Advanced Care Center, 94.94% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Advanced Care Center, 13.07% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Advanced Care Center, 16.78% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percent of long-term care residents who were able to retain mobility.
In Advanced Care Center, 1.76 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Advanced Care Center, 16.78 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Advanced Care Center, 9.16 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to measure patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Advanced Care Center, 78.49% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of short-term patients that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many in the industry believe this is a reasonable measure of rehabilitation services.
Scores for Clearwater, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Clearwater, Florida has 13 other nursing homes
- Mease Dunedin HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.65 miles away601 Main St Dunedin Florida 34698Voluntary non-profit - Private(727) 733-1111
- Mease Countryside HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.94 miles away3231 Mcmullen Booth Rd Safety Harbor Florida 34695Voluntary non-profit - Private(727) 734-6950
- Morton Plant HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.09 miles away300 Pinellas St Clearwater Florida 33756Voluntary non-profit - Private(727) 462-7000
- Largo Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.23 miles away201 14th St Sw Largo Florida 33770Proprietary(727) 588-5200
- Northside HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.96 miles away6000 49th St N Saint Petersburg Florida 33709Proprietary(813) 521-5000
- St Petersburg General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.26 miles away6500 38th Ave N Saint Petersburg Florida 33710Proprietary(727) 384-1414
- Adventhealth North PinellasAcute Care Hospitals 11.31 miles away1395 S Pinellas Ave Tarpon Springs Florida 34689Voluntary non-profit - Other(727) 942-5000
- St Anthonys HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.71 miles away1200 Seventh Ave N Saint Petersburg Florida 33705Voluntary non-profit - Church(727) 825-1100
- Bma - Clearwater2.98 miles away26338 Us Hwy 19 N Clearwater Florida 33761CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (727) 723-8123
- Fresenius Kidney Care-Dunedin3.92 miles away1121 Overcash Drive Suite A Dunedin Florida 34698Dialysis Stations: 24 (727) 733-1112
- Gulf Breeze Dialysis Center4.03 miles away1519 Main Street Dunedin Florida 34698Dialysis Stations: 25 (727) 738-4425
- Rai Care Centers - Clearwater4.78 miles away1057 S Fort Harrison Avenue Clearwater Florida 33756CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (727) 441-1608
- Fkc - Belleair Dialysis Center4.83 miles away617 Lakeview Road Suite B Clearwater Florida 33756CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (727) 441-8590
- Fmc - Belleair Home Therapies4.83 miles away617 Lakeview Rd Suite C Clearwater Florida 33756Dialysis Stations: 2 (727) 441-2913
- Renviva Dialysis Center of Clearwater, LLC4.96 miles away401 Corbett Suite 250 Clearwater Florida 33756Dialysis Stations: 2 (727) 281-4490
- Rai-Us 19 North-Clearwater5.55 miles away29296 Us Hwy 19 N #1 Clearwater Florida 33761CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (727) 785-9036