Advanced Care Center is an average-sized nursing home located in Clearwater, Florida. This nursing home proved to be a solid facility, with an overall grade of B-. In spite of Clearwater offering 14 nursing homes to choose from, this nursing home ought to be a sound option. We were also pleased to discover that this place was consistent in all of the other areas we looked at. More information about its category grades is available below.
Advanced Care Center
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Radiation Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a respectable facility overall, this facility also excelled in the category of inspections, where it received an A. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. Our inspection ratings are based on many datapoints located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities that receive favorable grades in this category typically have few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these places should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. This facility was assessed 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none of the deficiencies were considered severe. This tells you that the inspectors did not deem any of these deficiencies an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Keep in mind that deficiency-free inspections are uncommon in the industry.
Another one of this nursing home's stronger areas was in the category of nursing care. In that area, we gave this facility a grade of B. Nursing ratings are largely associated with the facility's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well in the area of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Advanced Care Center?
Long-term Care Quality
This facility was given its next highest category grade in the area of long-term care. We awarded this facility a grade of B- in this area, which is an acceptable score. Long-term care grades are used to judge a facility's performance as a traditional nursing home, as opposed to focusing on the skilled nursing services offered by a skilled nursing facility. One of the factors we considered in addition to nurse's aid hours is vaccinations. Fortunately, this facility administered the pneumonia vaccination to 98.9011 percent of its residents. Finally, this nursing home was also able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Short-term Care Quality
The last category we graded was short-term care. This facility received a grade of C in the area. In computing our short-term care grades, we look at the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. Our objective is to devise a measure for comparing the rehabilitation services of various nursing homes. We weren't able to find registered nurse or physical therapy staffing data for this nursing home. Lastly, we considered the number of patients who eventually returned home from this facility. We found that 4.4 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home. This figure was quite a bit below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Advanced Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Advanced Care Center, 9.03% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of patients who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage resulting from staying in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Advanced Care Center, 2.8% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of residents that sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injury are considered to be a measure of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Falls which result in injury are routinely the result of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Advanced Care Center, 1.82% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of long-term residents who have suffered from urinary tract infections. UTI's may be an indication of a facility with lower levels of hygiene. However, this metric may be skewed for certain nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Advanced Care Center, 10.99% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents prescribed antipsychotic medications. These medications are used to treat a variety of conditions, such as dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Advanced Care Center, 21.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term patients that were given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are typically prescribed to residents suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Advanced Care Center, 2.43% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who are exhibiting depressive symptoms. Some believe this is a reliable measure of patient quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Advanced Care Center, 94.61% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Advanced Care Center, 13.17% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of residents that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's could indicate the decline of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Advanced Care Center, 18.15% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of patients that maintained mobility over time. Preserving mobility can be a good sign for residents' health.
In Advanced Care Center, 1.59 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. Avoiding hospitalizations is important to maintaining the physical health of nursing home patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Advanced Care Center, 18.15 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Advanced Care Center, 9.19 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Advanced Care Center, 77.65% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term care residents that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Clearwater, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Clearwater, Florida has 13 other nursing homes
- Mease Dunedin HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.65 miles away601 Main St Dunedin Florida 34698Voluntary non-profit - Private(727) 733-1111
- Mease Countryside HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.94 miles away3231 Mcmullen Booth Rd Safety Harbor Florida 34695Voluntary non-profit - Private(727) 734-6950
- Morton Plant HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.09 miles away300 Pinellas St Clearwater Florida 33756Voluntary non-profit - Private(727) 462-7000
- Largo Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.23 miles away201 14th St Sw Largo Florida 33770Proprietary(727) 588-5200
- Northside HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.96 miles away6000 49th St N Saint Petersburg Florida 33709Proprietary(813) 521-5000
- St Petersburg General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.26 miles away6500 38th Ave N Saint Petersburg Florida 33710Proprietary(727) 384-1414
- Adventhealth North PinellasAcute Care Hospitals 11.31 miles away1395 S Pinellas Ave Tarpon Springs Florida 34689Voluntary non-profit - Other(727) 942-5000
- St Anthonys HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.71 miles away1200 Seventh Ave N Saint Petersburg Florida 33705Voluntary non-profit - Church(727) 825-1100
- Bma - Clearwater2.98 miles away26338 Us Hwy 19 N Clearwater Florida 33761CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (727) 723-8123
- Fresenius Kidney Care-Dunedin3.92 miles away1121 Overcash Drive Suite A Dunedin Florida 34698Dialysis Stations: 24 (727) 733-1112
- Gulf Breeze Dialysis Center4.03 miles away1519 Main Street Dunedin Florida 34698Dialysis Stations: 25 (727) 738-4425
- Rai Care Centers - Clearwater4.78 miles away1057 S Fort Harrison Avenue Clearwater Florida 33756CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (727) 441-1608
- Fkc - Belleair Dialysis Center4.83 miles away617 Lakeview Road Suite B Clearwater Florida 33756CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (727) 441-8590
- Fmc - Belleair Home Therapies4.83 miles away617 Lakeview Rd Suite C Clearwater Florida 33756Dialysis Stations: 2 (727) 441-2913
- Renviva Dialysis Center of Clearwater, LLC4.96 miles away401 Corbett Suite 250 Clearwater Florida 33756Dialysis Stations: 2 (727) 281-4490
- Rai-Us 19 North-Clearwater5.55 miles away29296 Us Hwy 19 N #1 Clearwater Florida 33761CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (727) 785-9036