Advance Health Care of Scottsdale is a small nursing home located in Scottsdale, Arizona. This facility is among the most elite nursing homes we found. In fact, it received our absolute highest score. As far as we can see, this nursing home ought to be a great choice for just about anybody. As you will find below, this place performed equally well in our category scores. We gave it a straight A report card!
Advance Health Care of Scottsdale
Updated May 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
9846 North 95th Street,
Scottsdale AZ 85258
98.15% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
On top of being an elite facility overall, this facility also performed well in our inspections category, where it earned an A+. Few places performed this well in this area. Our inspection ratings are based on many datapoints located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that excel in this area tend to have few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. Unfortunately, we weren't able to find deficiency data for this nursing home. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
Another reason we rated this nursing home so favorably is that it received an A+ short-term care grade. This is flat out as strong as it gets in this area. In our short-term care score, we try to craft a valuable measure for rehabilitation. In this process, we look at the facility's levels of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as speech therapy. Remarkably, this nursing home provides about 1.5 times as many hours of services from registered nurses and physical therapists than most nursing homes we looked at. This is a great sign. Lastly, we looked at the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that it outperformed the vast majority of facilities in the country in this area with 74.8 percent of its patients returning home.
Does this page answer your questions about Advance Health Care of Scottsdale?
Long-term Care Quality
Turning the page to our next area, this nursing home was awarded a strong long-term care grade. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A in that category. Nursing homes that receive this kind of score in this category typically provide consistent around the clock care to ensure residents are well cared for. One of the factors we considered after nursing hours is vaccinations. It doesn't look like this nursing home provided information on its vaccination levels. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
The last area we looked at is nursing, where this nursing home was given an A. This rounded out a very impressive profile. Very few nursing homes received an A- or better in in each area we assessed. Our nursing grade analyzes the nursing home's nurse staffing levels. We look at both the levels of skill of those nurses as well as the number of hours spent with patients. This nursing home provides an incredible 5.3 hours of nursing care per resident each day. Out of this total, many of the hours were provided by registered nurses, which is one of the most highly trained levels of nurses. On top of offering impressive levels of care, this facility also excelled in the quality-based metrics we assessed. It performed as well as any facility in the country when it comes to minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Advance Health Care of Scottsdale Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Advance Health Care of Scottsdale, 10.98 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between fewer emergency room visits and the quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Advance Health Care of Scottsdale, 73.79% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term stay residents that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of independence with ADL's often correlates with successful rehabilitation services.
Scores for Scottsdale, AZ
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Scottsdale, Arizona has 9 other nursing homes
- Scottsdale Shea Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.73 miles away9003 East Shea Boulevard Scottsdale Arizona 85260Proprietary(480) 323-3000
- Scottsdale Osborn Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.62 miles away7400 East Osborn Road Scottsdale Arizona 85251Proprietary(480) 882-4004
- Scottsdale Thompson Peak Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.02 miles away7400 East Thompson Peak Parkway Scottsdale Arizona 85255Proprietary(480) 324-7001
- Mayo Clinic HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.62 miles away5777 East Mayo Boulevard Phoenix Arizona 85054Voluntary non-profit - Private(480) 342-4201
- Abrazo Scottsdale CampusAcute Care Hospitals 8.37 miles away3929 East Bell Road Phoenix Arizona 85032Proprietary(602) 923-5000
- Valley HospitalPsychiatric 9.79 miles away3550 East Pinchot Avenue Phoenix Arizona 85018Voluntary non-profit - Other(602) 957-4000
- John C. Lincoln North Mountain HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.24 miles away250 East Dunlap Avenue Phoenix Arizona 85020Voluntary non-profit - Private(602) 331-5862
- Valleywise Health Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.78 miles away2601 East Roosevelt Street Phoenix Arizona 85008Government - Local(602) 344-5011
- Desert Mountain Dialysis (Dva)0.21 miles away9220 E Mountain View Rd Ste 105 Scottsdale Arizona 85258Dialysis Stations: 24 (480) 391-2241
- Scottsdale Dialysis (Dva)3.84 miles away5705 N Scottsdale Rd, Ste 120 Scottsdale Arizona 85250Dialysis Stations: 12 (480) 941-3860
- Fmc Old Town Scottsdale6.2 miles away4141 N Scottsdale Rd Ste 100 Scottsdale Arizona 85251Dialysis Stations: 25 (480) 946-1455
- Salt River Dialysis Center (Fmc)6.57 miles away10301 E Osborn Rd Bldg 14 Scottsdale Arizona 85256Dialysis Stations: 16 (480) 362-1044
- Scottsdale Dialysis (Fmc)7.88 miles away1495 N Hayden Ste d1-d4 Scottsdale Arizona 85257Dialysis Stations: 12 (480) 949-7844
- Southwest Kidney/Davita-Phoenix Home Dialysis (Dva)8.53 miles away5115 E Thomas Rd Ste 100 Phoenix Arizona 85018Dialysis Stations: 1 (602) 840-0012
- Northeast Phoenix Dialysis (Dsi)8.55 miles away3305 E Greenway Rd Ste 1 Phoenix Arizona 85032Dialysis Stations: 16 (602) 765-3919
- North Scottsdale Dialysis (Fmc)9.12 miles away16101 N 82nd St Ste 6-7 Scottsdale Arizona 85260CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (480) 998-1842