Advance Health Care of Scottsdale is a facility located in Scottsdale, Arizona which has a total of 268,597 people. It looks like this nursing home is among the top nursing homes we found. Receiving an A+ in our rating scheme requires excellent scores across the board. This proved to be one of the top three nursing homes in Scottsdale. If you scroll down, you can see this facility's category grades, which are equally impressive as its overall rating.
Advance Health Care of Scottsdale
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
Top Nursing Home in Arizona Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Arizona Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
One of the reasons this ended up being a great nursing home is it earned an A+ inspection grade. This is just about as good as it gets in this very important category. Inspection ratings account for a host of factors included in a facility's inspection reports. One of the most important criteria we weigh heavily is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with better scores in this area typically have few of these severe deficiencies. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that we have deficiency data for this nursing home. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
We also wanted to emphasize the fact that this facility excelled in our short-term care rating. We awarded them an exemplary grade of A+ in this category. Our short-term care ratings are thought to be most important for individuals requiring rehabilitation services. Rehabilitation generally mandates higher levels of highly-skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes not only nursing services, but also physical and respiratory therapy, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. However, based on the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the number of residents who ultimately returned home from this nursing home. We found that 7.2 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Advance Health Care of Scottsdale?
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we assessed was long-term care. Contributing to its first-rate profile, this nursing home also performed well in that area. In fact, we awarded it a grade of of A for the category. In a long-term care environment, the primary objective is to keep patients healthy and safe. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate patients. One of the datapoints we considered on top of nursing hours is vaccinations. It does not look like this nursing home submitted data regarding vaccinations. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
The fourth area we graded is nursing, where this nursing home was awarded an A-. This completed a very strong report card. Not many facilities earned an A- or higher in each of our categories. When determining our nursing grades, we look at both the number of hours nurses spend with residents and the training levels of those nurses. This facility provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can many times be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Advance Health Care of Scottsdale Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Advance Health Care of Scottsdale, 11.03 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Advance Health Care of Scottsdale, 73.85% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term stay residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of performance with ADL's generally correlates with superior rehabilitation.
Scores for Scottsdale, AZ
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Scottsdale, Arizona has 10 other nursing homes
- Scottsdale Shea Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.73 miles away9003 East Shea Boulevard Scottsdale Arizona 85260Proprietary(480) 323-3000
- Scottsdale Osborn Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.62 miles away7400 East Osborn Road Scottsdale Arizona 85251Proprietary(480) 882-4004
- Scottsdale Thompson Peak Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.02 miles away7400 East Thompson Peak Parkway Scottsdale Arizona 85255Proprietary(480) 324-7001
- Mayo Clinic HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.62 miles away5777 East Mayo Boulevard Phoenix Arizona 85054Voluntary non-profit - Private(480) 342-4201
- Abrazo Scottsdale CampusAcute Care Hospitals 8.37 miles away3929 East Bell Road Phoenix Arizona 85032Proprietary(602) 923-5000
- Valley HospitalPsychiatric 9.79 miles away3550 East Pinchot Avenue Phoenix Arizona 85018Voluntary non-profit - Other(602) 957-4000
- John C. Lincoln North Mountain HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.24 miles away250 East Dunlap Avenue Phoenix Arizona 85020Voluntary non-profit - Private(602) 331-5862
- Valleywise Health Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.78 miles away2601 East Roosevelt Street Phoenix Arizona 85008Government - Local(602) 344-5011
- Desert Mountain Dialysis (Dva)0.21 miles away9220 E Mountain View Rd Ste 105 Scottsdale Arizona 85258Dialysis Stations: 24 (480) 391-2241
- Scottsdale Dialysis (Dva)3.84 miles away5705 N Scottsdale Rd, Ste 120 Scottsdale Arizona 85250Dialysis Stations: 12 (480) 941-3860
- Fmc Old Town Scottsdale6.2 miles away4141 N Scottsdale Rd Ste 100 Scottsdale Arizona 85251Dialysis Stations: 25 (480) 946-1455
- Salt River Dialysis Center (Fmc)6.57 miles away10301 E Osborn Rd Bldg 14 Scottsdale Arizona 85256Dialysis Stations: 16 (480) 362-1044
- Scottsdale Dialysis (Fmc)7.88 miles away1495 N Hayden Ste d1-d4 Scottsdale Arizona 85257Dialysis Stations: 12 (480) 949-7844
- Southwest Kidney/Davita-Phoenix Home Dialysis (Dva)8.53 miles away5115 E Thomas Rd Ste 100 Phoenix Arizona 85018Dialysis Stations: 1 (602) 840-0012
- Northeast Phoenix Dialysis (Dsi)8.55 miles away3305 E Greenway Rd Ste 1 Phoenix Arizona 85032Dialysis Stations: 16 (602) 765-3919
- North Scottsdale Dialysis (Fmc)9.12 miles away16101 N 82nd St Ste 6-7 Scottsdale Arizona 85260CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (480) 998-1842