Located in Yonkers, New York, Adira at Riverside Rehabilitation and Nursing is one of five available facilities in the area. This facility received an overall grade of B-, which is a middle of the road grade. This grade is right in line with the city grade in Yonkers. The best part of this facility's report card was its remarkable inspection score. We discuss inspections in the next paragraph.
Adira at Riverside Rehabilitation and Nursing
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
The main reason this facility received a decent overall score is its excellent government inspections in recent years. We awarded it one of our better scores in that area, with an A+. This is a notably better score than the place's overall grade, which was decent but not in the elite range. These inspection ratings weigh several factors, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these items by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. While this place had a few deficiencies on its government inspection report, none were major deficiencies based on CMS' deficiency scale. A couple minor deficiencies are not necessarily the end of the world.
Long-term Care Quality
This facilities second most favorable category was long-term care. We gave it a grade of B- in this area. This is essentially a slightly below average grade in this category. In computing our long-term care scores, we assess the nursing home's personal care services. One of the datapoints we considered in addition to nurse's aid hours is vaccinations. Fortunately, this nursing home administered the pneumonia vaccination to 100 percent of its residents. Lastly, this place was also able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.03 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Adira at Riverside Rehabilitation and Nursing?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home was given its third best category grade in the category of short-term care. We gave this nursing home a grade of C in this category, which is an acceptable score. Our short-term care grades are based in part on a nursing home's quantity of highly-skilled nursing services. This means a broad range of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, not to mention other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we considered the number of residents that returned home from this nursing home. We found that 4.5 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home. This figure was actually quite a bit below average.
Switching gears to our fourth category, this nursing home was awarded a C for nursing, which we consider to be a decent rating. Our nursing rating analyzes the nursing home's nurse staffing levels. We consider both the levels of skill of the nurses as well as the amount of time spent with patients. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this place surprisingly fared better in some of the quality measures we looked at. It performed well when it comes to minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Adira at Riverside Rehabilitation and Nursing Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Adira at Riverside Rehabilitation and Nursing, 9.62% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic tells you the percentage of long-term stay patients who developed new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We factor in this statistic in computing both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Adira at Riverside Rehabilitation and Nursing, 3.04% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of patients that have had a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injuries are considered to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care . Major falls leading to injury are routinely the result of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Adira at Riverside Rehabilitation and Nursing, 2.08% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint gauges the percentage of long-term care patients which have experienced UTI's. UTI's could be an indication of worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this metric may be skewed for certain facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Adira at Riverside Rehabilitation and Nursing, 11.61% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of long-term care residents taking antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications serve an important medical purpose, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used appropriately. In some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate that a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Adira at Riverside Rehabilitation and Nursing, 13.28% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This gauges the percentage of long-term stay residents receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Adira at Riverside Rehabilitation and Nursing, 13.6% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients who are showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Adira at Riverside Rehabilitation and Nursing, 91.89% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term patients that have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for nursing home patients, making these types of vaccines important for resident well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Adira at Riverside Rehabilitation and Nursing, 14.66% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
In Adira at Riverside Rehabilitation and Nursing, 1.2 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. Avoiding hospitalizations is key to the physical health of patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Adira at Riverside Rehabilitation and Nursing, 18.82 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term resident care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Adira at Riverside Rehabilitation and Nursing, 8.77 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Adira at Riverside Rehabilitation and Nursing, 74.71% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term care patients who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Yonkers, NY
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Yonkers, New York has 4 other nursing homes
- St John's Riverside HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.16 miles away976 North Broadway Yonkers New York 10701Voluntary non-profit - Private(914) 964-4444
- St Joseph's Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.88 miles away127 South Broadway Yonkers New York 10701Voluntary non-profit - Private(914) 378-7000
- Montefiore Mount Vernon HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.61 miles away12 North 7th Avenue Mount Vernon New York 10550Voluntary non-profit - Private(914) 664-8000
- Montefiore Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.3 miles away111 East 210th Street Bronx New York 10467Voluntary non-profit - Private(718) 920-4321
- Englewood Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.37 miles away350 Engle St Englewood New Jersey 07631Voluntary non-profit - Private(201) 894-3000
- Montefiore New Rochelle HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.43 miles away16 Guion Place New Rochelle New York 10802Voluntary non-profit - Private(914) 632-5000
- Hackensack Meridian Health Pascack Valley MedicalAcute Care Hospitals 6.65 miles away250 Old Hook Road Westwood New Jersey 07675Proprietary(201) 383-1035
- Jacobi Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.07 miles away1400 Pelham Parkway South Bronx New York 10461Government - Local(718) 918-5000
- Davita Yonkers East Dialysis Center0.3 miles away5 Odell Plaza Suite 131 Yonkers New York 10701CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (914) 376-0296
- Regency Dialysis Center2.18 miles away65 Ashburton Avenue Yonkers New York 10701Dialysis Stations: 12 (914) 963-4572
- St. Josephs Hosp. Hlth Ctr-Yonkers2.91 miles away127 South Broadway Dialysis Unit Yonkers New York 10701Dialysis Stations: 6 (914) 378-7480
- Southern Westchester Dialysis Ctr2.95 miles away44 Vark Street Yonkers New York 10701CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (914) 965-0200
- Davita Yonkers Dialysis Center3.02 miles away575 Yonkers Avenue Yonkers New York 10704CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (914) 377-2370
- Davita Westchester Home Training (Pd)3.33 miles away955 Yonkers Ave, Suite 201 Yonkers New York 10704Dialysis Stations: 6 (914) 237-7659
- Mount Vernon Dialysis,LLC4.62 miles away12 North 7th Avenue 3rd Floor Mount Vernon New York 10550CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (914) 665-4343
- Westchester Center for Renal Care5.03 miles away10 Claremont Ave Mount Vernon New York 10550Dialysis Stations: 9 (914) 512-9379