Located in Yonkers, New York, Adira at Riverside Rehabilitation and Nursing is the sole option we identified in this city. This facility received an overall grade of C, which is a good score. Based on our analysis, there are definitely far worse places out there. The best part of this place's profile is its remarkable inspection reports. Inspection reports are discussed in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Adira at Riverside Rehabilitation and Nursing
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Yonkers senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
The main reason this facility received a decent overall grade is its excellent inspections in recent years. We awarded them one of our higher scores in that category, with an A+. This is a notably better score than the place's overall score, which was decent but certainly not elite. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in computing our inspection ratings. One key factor is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of the deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some deficiencies end up being quite minor. This facility received 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none were considered to be major deficiencies. This indicates that the government inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies an imminent threat to patient safety or health. A couple minor deficiencies should not lead you to cross a nursing home off your list.
Short-term Care Quality
The next most favorable area we awarded this facility in any category came in the category of short-term care, where we gave it a grade of B-. Our short-term care grades are likely more meaningful for patients needing rehabilitation from their nursing home. Rehabilitation usually requires higher levels of skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing means not merely nursing services, but also physical and occupational therapy, as well as other forms of therapy. Unfortunately, we found that this facility provided fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than most other nursing homes. The last statistic we assessed in this area is the percentage of patients that were able to return home from the nursing home. We found that just 4.6 percent of this facility's patients returned home. Unfortunately, this was below average.
Does this page answer your questions about Adira at Riverside Rehabilitation and Nursing?
This nursing home's nursing grade appears to be one of its better features. The facility received a grade of C in this category. When calculating a facility's nursing grade, we consider the quantity of hours nurses commit to patients as well as the level of skill of those nurses. This facility provided just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a relatively low total compared to most other facilities. Finally, nursing ratings also factor in quality-based measures, such as preventing major falls. Despite not having the highest total nursing hours, this nursing home performed admirably in the area of preventing major falls. This is typically an indicator that a place has quality controls in place. Many falls could be avoided if a facility provides enough nurses to assist its residents.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we graded is long-term care, ended up being this nursing home's worst area. We awarded this facility a grade of D in this area. In a long-term care setting, the nursing home's primary objective is to keep patients as healthy and safe as possible. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate residents. After assessing the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we then looked at the facility's vaccination statistics. We were pleased to learn that this facility vaccinated 100 percent of its patients against pneumonia. To our surprise, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this nursing home has less hospitalizations than many nursing homes. Sadly, a few of its other scores in the category weren't as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Adira at Riverside Rehabilitation and Nursing Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Adira at Riverside Rehabilitation and Nursing, 9.18% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure is an indication of the percent of long-term patients that are suffering from new or worsened pressure ulcers . We use this statistic in calculating our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Adira at Riverside Rehabilitation and Nursing, 3.11% of Patients had Serious Falls
This measures the percent of long-term patients who experienced a fall which caused serious injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls could be a sign of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Adira at Riverside Rehabilitation and Nursing, 2.03% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections could be associated with insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Adira at Riverside Rehabilitation and Nursing, 12.22% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic drugs are administered to patients for a variety of medical conditions, including dementia. Tragically, in limited situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate that a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Adira at Riverside Rehabilitation and Nursing, 13.51% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are prescribed to residents suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Adira at Riverside Rehabilitation and Nursing, 13.75% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who are demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Adira at Riverside Rehabilitation and Nursing, 90.38% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Adira at Riverside Rehabilitation and Nursing, 15.3% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living may be a sign of the erosion of a resident's health.
In Adira at Riverside Rehabilitation and Nursing, 1.46 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Adira at Riverside Rehabilitation and Nursing, 14.12 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Adira at Riverside Rehabilitation and Nursing, 9.74 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to assess the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Adira at Riverside Rehabilitation and Nursing, 75.23% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term stay residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- St John's Riverside HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.16 miles away976 North Broadway Yonkers New York 10701Voluntary non-profit - Private(914) 964-4444
- St Joseph's Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.88 miles away127 South Broadway Yonkers New York 10701Voluntary non-profit - Private(914) 378-7000
- Montefiore Mount Vernon HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.61 miles away12 North 7th Avenue Mount Vernon New York 10550Voluntary non-profit - Private(914) 664-8000
- Montefiore Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.3 miles away111 East 210th Street Bronx New York 10467Voluntary non-profit - Private(718) 920-4321
- Englewood Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.37 miles away350 Engle St Englewood New Jersey 07631Voluntary non-profit - Private(201) 894-3000
- Montefiore New Rochelle HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.43 miles away16 Guion Place New Rochelle New York 10802Voluntary non-profit - Private(914) 632-5000
- Hackensack Meridian Health Pascack Valley MedicalAcute Care Hospitals 6.65 miles away250 Old Hook Road Westwood New Jersey 07675Proprietary(201) 383-1035
- Jacobi Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.07 miles away1400 Pelham Parkway South Bronx New York 10461Government - Local(718) 918-5000
- Davita Yonkers East Dialysis Center0.3 miles away5 Odell Plaza Suite 131 Yonkers New York 10701CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (914) 376-0296
- Regency Dialysis Center2.18 miles away65 Ashburton Avenue Yonkers New York 10701Dialysis Stations: 12 (914) 963-4572
- St. Josephs Hosp. Hlth Ctr-Yonkers2.91 miles away127 South Broadway Dialysis Unit Yonkers New York 10701Dialysis Stations: 6 (914) 378-7480
- Southern Westchester Dialysis Ctr2.95 miles away44 Vark Street Yonkers New York 10701CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (914) 965-0200
- Davita Yonkers Dialysis Center3.02 miles away575 Yonkers Avenue Yonkers New York 10704CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (914) 377-2370
- Davita Westchester Home Training (Pd)3.33 miles away955 Yonkers Ave, Suite 201 Yonkers New York 10704Dialysis Stations: 6 (914) 237-7659
- Mount Vernon Dialysis,LLC4.62 miles away12 North 7th Avenue 3rd Floor Mount Vernon New York 10550CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (914) 665-4343
- Westchester Center for Renal Care5.03 miles away10 Claremont Ave Mount Vernon New York 10550Dialysis Stations: 9 (914) 512-9379