Addolorata Villa is located in Wheeling, Illinois. This city has a population of 37,633 people. This facility received an overall grade of B+, which is a strong score. With no A rated nursing homes in the city, this is actually the highest graded facility in Wheeling. This facility was better in some categories than others, but it did not have any poor grades in any of the major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
555 Mchenry Road,
Wheeling IL 60090
71.77% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Church related
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
Best Nursing Home in Wheeling, Illinois Awards 2019
Registered Staff Hours
This nursing home earned a strong overall grade as discussed above, but we especially wanted to point out its excellent nursing score. We awarded them an A in this category. In calculating a facility's nursing score, we weigh the amount of time nurses are seeing patients as well as the skill levels of those nurses. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can many times be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
In addition, this facility also excelled in inspections, where it received a grade of A-. Few nursing homes performed as well in this category. Inspection ratings are based on datapoints found on the a nursing home's government inspections. Nursing homes that excel in this category typically have few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. While this nursing home had some minor dings on its government inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are labeled as categories G through L. This means that CMS didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. We should point out that deficiency-free inspection reports are rare in the industry.
Does this page answer your questions about Addolorata Villa?
Short-term Care Quality
The next category we analyzed is short-term care. This facility was given a very positive short-term care score, with a B+ in this category. Our short-term care grades are based in part on a nursing home's quantity of skilled highly skilled professionals. This means a wide spectrum of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, not to mention other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. However, based on the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final item we assessed in this category is the percentage of patients who who were able to eventually return home from the nursing home. We found that 3.3 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we assessed was long-term care. In this area, we awarded this facility an acceptable grade of C. This actually turned out to be this facility's worst category. Our long-term care grade assesses a nursing home's assistance with daily living instead of the highly skilled therapy or medical services that are critical to a skilled nursing facility. Once we finished looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination statistics. We were pleased to learn that this facility vaccinated 100 percent of its patients for pneumonia. This facility keeps its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Addolorata Villa Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Addolorata Villa, 8.73% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are often caused by residents not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols minimizes the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Addolorata Villa, 3.45% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure measures the percentage of long-term care residents who suffered a fall leading to severe injury. We use this statistic in computing nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Addolorata Villa, 2.6% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections are linked to inadequate hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Addolorata Villa, 18.11% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. These medications are sometimes used to treat several conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Addolorata Villa, 19.04% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure is an indication of the percentage of long-term patients who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These medications are given to patients suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Addolorata Villa, 30.45% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Addolorata Villa, 87.4% of Patients
This is the percent of residents that were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Addolorata Villa, 13.9% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term stay patients that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and using the bathroom.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Addolorata Villa, 17.56% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents who were able to retain mobility. Many in the industry argue that mobility is critical to residents' health.
In Addolorata Villa, 1.66 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Addolorata Villa, 17.56 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is generally a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Addolorata Villa, 11.82 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to measure the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Addolorata Villa, 71.65% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term stay residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of performance with ADL's often correlates with higher quality rehabilitation services.
- Northwest Community Hospital 1Acute Care Hospitals 6.1 miles away800 W Central Road Arlington Heights Illinois 60005Voluntary non-profit - Private(847) 618-1000
- Advocate Lutheran General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.7 miles away1775 Dempster St Park Ridge Illinois 60068Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 723-2210
- Northwestern Lake Forest HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.74 miles away1000 N Westmoreland Road Lake Forest Illinois 60045Voluntary non-profit - Other(847) 234-5600
- Advocate Condell Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.95 miles away801 S Milwaukee Ave Libertyville Illinois 60048Voluntary non-profit - Private(847) 362-2900
- Alexian Brothers Medical Center 1Acute Care Hospitals 10.56 miles away800 W Biesterfield Rd Elk Grove Village Illinois 60007Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 437-5500
- St Alexius Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.29 miles away1555 N Barrington Rd Hoffman Estate Illinois 60169Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 843-2000
- Advocate Good Shepherd HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.57 miles away450 West Highway 22 Barrington Illinois 60010Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 381-9600
- Presence Resurrection Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.67 miles away7435 W Talcott Avenue Chicago Illinois 60631Voluntary non-profit - Church(773) 774-8000
- Davita - Buffalo Grove Dialysis2.39 miles away1291 West Dundee Road Buffalo Grove Illinois 60089CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (847) 253-9400
- Fmc - Palatine Dialysis Center4.43 miles away691 East Dundee Road Palatine Illinois 60074CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (847) 963-4299
- Fmc - Deerfield Dialysis Center5.25 miles away405 Lake Cook Rd. Suite a13 Deerfield Illinois 60015Dialysis Stations: 12 (847) 559-0374
- Fmc - Rolling Meadows5.66 miles away4180 Winnetka Ave. Rolling Meadows Illinois 60008CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (847) 394-6250
- Davita - Lake County Dialysis Services Inc5.67 miles away565 Lakeview Pkwy Ste 176 Vernon Hills Illinois 60061CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (847) 918-0592
- Fmc - Highland6.57 miles away1657 Old Skokie Road Highland Park Illinois 60035Dialysis Stations: 20 (847) 579-0675
- Fmc - Glenview Dialysis Center6.69 miles away4248 Commercial Way Glenview Illinois 60025CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (847) 824-2006
- Davita - Arlington Heights Dialysis6.75 miles away17 W Golf Road Arlington Heights Illinois 60005Dialysis Stations: 20 (847) 437-2188