Addolorata Villa is located in Wheeling, Illinois. This city has a population of 37,633 people. This facility received an overall grade of D, which is a well below average score. Based on our analysis, this place may not be a great fit for most prospective residents. We would not blame you if you are ready to stop reading and find another facility. However, if you want to learn more about this facility's category grades, we will discuss inspections in the next paragraph.
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
Note: Addolorata Villa has been flagged for abuse in the past 12 months. We have capped this facility's overall grade accordingly.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Church related
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
Although we did not have many positive things to say about this place's overall score, it did receive a respectable government inspection report this year. As a result, it received a decent score in this category with a B-. We believe that one of the most important factors in assessing an inspection report is deficiencies. We especially look at the severity of the deficiencies. This nursing home was assessed 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none of the deficiencies were considered to be major deficiencies. This indicates that the government inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies to be an imminent risk to resident health or safety. Finally, CMS cited this nursing home for possible abuse or neglect. Hopefully, its performance improves in the future, but until then we simply can't recommend this facility.
One of the other reasons we graded this facility so highly is that it earned a very impressive nursing grade. In that area, we awarded this nursing home an B-. In determining our nursing grades, we weigh both staffing levels and the skill levels of those nurses. This nursing home provides only 0.4 hours of nursing care per patient on a daily basis. This is a somewhat discouraging figure as it is well below the national average. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this facility actually excelled in some of the quality measures we assessed. It scored well in terms of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls.
Does this page answer your questions about Addolorata Villa?
Short-term Care Quality
The next area we graded is short-term care. In that category, we gave this facility a B-. In the area of short-term care, we attempt to evaluate indicators of a facility's rehabilitation. We look at the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses and physical, occupational and other therapists. We were surprised to find that this facility was below average in the two key staffing areas we focus on. The facility offered fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than most other nursing homes. The final item we looked at in this category is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return home. We discovered that just 4.1 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home, which is actually below average.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we analyzed was long-term care, ended up being this facility's weakest area. We gave this facility a grade of D in that area. For long-term care residents, the primary objective is to maintain patients' quality of life and keep them safe. On top of assessing the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. Thankfully, this facility gave the vaccine to 100 percent of its residents, which is a very solid statistic. Surprisingly, this nursing home also keeps its residents out of the hospital. It had just 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. Sadly, a few of its other scores in this category were not as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Addolorata Villa Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Addolorata Villa, 8.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of long-term stay patients that developed new or worsened pressure ulcers. We have found that pressure ulcers are an barometer of nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Addolorata Villa, 3.47% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care patients that had falls which resulted in major injury. We use this statistic in calculating nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Addolorata Villa, 2.6% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections may be linked to inadequate hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Addolorata Villa, 18.4% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients given antipsychotic drugs. These medications are sometimes used for a variety of conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Addolorata Villa, 19.11% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were given antianxiety medications. These drugs are used to treat patients suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Addolorata Villa, 29.8% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term stay patients who are demonstrating depressive symptoms. Many argue this is a measure of quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Addolorata Villa, 87.49% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents who have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home patients, making these vaccines indispensable.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Addolorata Villa, 14.23% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of patients who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living could be a sign of decline of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Addolorata Villa, 19.34% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percent of long-term care patients who remained mobile levels. Some experts argue that the ability to move around is important for residents' mental and physical well-being.
In Addolorata Villa, 1.51 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Addolorata Villa, 19.34 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Addolorata Villa, 11.45 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to gauge patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Addolorata Villa, 71.39% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term care patients that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- Northwest Community Hospital 1Acute Care Hospitals 6.1 miles away800 W Central Road Arlington Heights Illinois 60005Voluntary non-profit - Private(847) 618-1000
- Advocate Lutheran General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.7 miles away1775 Dempster St Park Ridge Illinois 60068Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 723-2210
- Northwestern Lake Forest HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.74 miles away1000 N Westmoreland Road Lake Forest Illinois 60045Voluntary non-profit - Other(847) 234-5600
- Advocate Condell Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.95 miles away801 S Milwaukee Ave Libertyville Illinois 60048Voluntary non-profit - Private(847) 362-2900
- Alexian Brothers Medical Center 1Acute Care Hospitals 10.56 miles away800 W Biesterfield Rd Elk Grove Village Illinois 60007Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 437-5500
- St Alexius Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.29 miles away1555 N Barrington Rd Hoffman Estate Illinois 60169Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 843-2000
- Advocate Good Shepherd HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.57 miles away450 West Highway 22 Barrington Illinois 60010Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 381-9600
- Presence Resurrection Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.67 miles away7435 W Talcott Avenue Chicago Illinois 60631Voluntary non-profit - Church(773) 774-8000
- Davita - Buffalo Grove Dialysis2.39 miles away1291 West Dundee Road Buffalo Grove Illinois 60089CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (847) 253-9400
- Fmc - Palatine Dialysis Center4.43 miles away691 East Dundee Road Palatine Illinois 60074CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (847) 963-4299
- Fmc - Deerfield Dialysis Center5.25 miles away405 Lake Cook Rd. Suite a13 Deerfield Illinois 60015Dialysis Stations: 12 (847) 559-0374
- Fmc - Rolling Meadows5.66 miles away4180 Winnetka Ave. Rolling Meadows Illinois 60008CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (847) 394-6250
- Davita - Lake County Dialysis Services Inc5.67 miles away565 Lakeview Pkwy Ste 176 Vernon Hills Illinois 60061CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (847) 918-0592
- Fmc - Highland6.57 miles away1657 Old Skokie Road Highland Park Illinois 60035Dialysis Stations: 20 (847) 579-0675
- Fmc - Glenview Dialysis Center6.69 miles away4248 Commercial Way Glenview Illinois 60025CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (847) 824-2006
- Davita - Arlington Heights Dialysis6.75 miles away17 W Golf Road Arlington Heights Illinois 60005Dialysis Stations: 20 (847) 437-2188