Addison Heights Health and Rehabilitation Center is an average-sized nursing home located in Maumee, Ohio. This facility received an F, which is really a rock-bottom score in our grading scheme. If you are not happy with this facility's pedestrian overall grade, you may find your options to be limited in Maumee. The city has just three other nursing homes. More information on this facility's category grades may be found below. Its best category is inspections, which is discussed in the next section.
Addison Heights Health and Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
Note: Addison Heights Health and Rehabilitation Center has been flagged for abuse in the past 12 months. We have capped this facility's overall grade accordingly.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
While this place's overall grade was as bad as it gets, it actually didn't perform terribly in the area of inspections. In fact, we awarded it a B- for that category, which is one of our better scores. We would argue that one of the most important factors in evaluating an inspection report is deficiencies. In this regard, we especially focus on the severity of those deficiencies. This place was assessed 7 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none of the deficiencies were considered to be major deficiencies. This tells you that the government inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies to cause an immediate threat to patient health or safety. Finally, CMS cited this nursing home for possible abuse or neglect. Hopefully, its performance improves in the future, but until then we simply can't recommend this facility.
Short-term Care Quality
We were also surprised to discover that this nursing home earned a solid short-term care score in our assessment. We awarded it a C in that area. In determining our short-term care ratings, we size up the facility's levels of skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists respiratory therapists and other highly skilled individuals. This grade is often a solid measure of a facility's rehabilitation services. Unfortunately, we found that this nursing home provided fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most other nursing homes. The last measure we assessed in this category is the number of patients that returned home from the facility. We found that just 0 percent of this facility's residents returned home. This figure was below average.
Does this page answer your questions about Addison Heights Health and Rehabilitation Center?
We also wanted to point out that this nursing home received an F for its nursing grade. The nursing grade is based on several datapoints, but the most important one is the quantity of nurse hours spent with patients. This nursing home provided only 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident each day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in computing our nursing ratings. This place performed well when it comes to minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls.
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to the next area, this facility really didn't fare very well in this category either. With a rock bottom grade of F in long-term care, this is just about as as uninspiring as it gets. For residents in need of a permanent place to live rather than rehabilitation, long-term care is an important category. On top of assessing the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. Fortunately, this nursing home vaccinated 99.12664 percent of its patients, which is a very solid total. To our surprise, this nursing home also fared well at keeping its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. Unfortunately, a few of its other scores in the category weren't as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Addison Heights Health and Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Addison Heights Health and Rehabilitation Center, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are often caused by residents not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing care limits the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Addison Heights Health and Rehabilitation Center, 3.69% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients who sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injury are considered to be an indicator of nursing care . Major falls are often caused by poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Addison Heights Health and Rehabilitation Center, 1.8% of Patients had UTIs
This gauges the percent of long-term patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. Although a higher rate infections could reflect poorly on a facility's nursing care, it is difficult to compare between nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Addison Heights Health and Rehabilitation Center, 13.22% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is an indication of the percentage of long-term stay patients that are administered antipsychotic drugs. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents in scenarios where such medications aren't medically required. Nevertheless, some nursing homes may need to rely more on these medications due to an increased number of patients suffering from cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Addison Heights Health and Rehabilitation Center, 22.35% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Addison Heights Health and Rehabilitation Center, 20% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term residents showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Addison Heights Health and Rehabilitation Center, 90.19% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Addison Heights Health and Rehabilitation Center, 15.17% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Addison Heights Health and Rehabilitation Center, 18.5% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who maintained mobility. Many in the industry believe that the ability to move around is vital to patients physical and mental health.
In Addison Heights Health and Rehabilitation Center, 1.39 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Addison Heights Health and Rehabilitation Center, 18.5 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Addison Heights Health and Rehabilitation Center, 74.54% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term stay residents that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Maumee, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Maumee, Ohio has 3 other nursing homes
- St Luke's HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.19 miles away5901 Monclova Road Maumee Ohio 43537Voluntary non-profit - Other(419) 893-5900
- University of Toledo Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.18 miles away3000 Arlington Avenue Toledo Ohio 43699Government - State(419) 383-4848
- Northwest Ohio Psychiatric HospitalPsychiatric 7 miles away930 South Detroit Avenue Toledo Ohio 43614Government - State(419) 381-1881
- Toledo Hospital TheAcute Care Hospitals 9.2 miles away2142 North Cove Boulevard Toledo Ohio 43606Voluntary non-profit - Private(419) 291-7463
- Mercy St Anne HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.41 miles away3404 Sylvania Avenue Toledo Ohio 43623Voluntary non-profit - Church(419) 407-2663
- Mercy Health St Vincent Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.17 miles away2213 Cherry Street Toledo Ohio 43608Voluntary non-profit - Church(419) 251-3232
- Bay Park Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.69 miles away2801 Bay Park Drive Oregon Ohio 43616Voluntary non-profit - Other(419) 690-7700
- Wood County HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.22 miles away950 West Wooster Street Bowling Green Ohio 43402Voluntary non-profit - Private(419) 354-8900
- Usrc Maumee, LLC1.86 miles away1787 Indian Wood Circle, Suite B Maumee Ohio 43537Dialysis Stations: 13 (419) 887-0729
- Fmc- Arrowhead Dialysis Center2.47 miles away322 W Dussel Drive Maumee Ohio 43537Dialysis Stations: 24 (419) 891-2200
- Fresenius Medical Care Maumee Home LLC3.41 miles away6546 Weatherfield Ct Maumee Ohio 43537Dialysis Stations: 4 (419) 865-4554
- Total Renal Care, Inc.3.41 miles away4330 Keystone Drive Maumee Ohio 43537Dialysis Stations: 12 (419) 887-0762
- Davita - Swan Creek Dialysis3.97 miles away5201 Airport Highway Toledo Ohio 43615Dialysis Stations: 20 (419) 214-0540
- Fmc - Perrysburg Dialysis4.54 miles away701 Commerce Drive Perrysburg Ohio 43551Dialysis Stations: 13 (419) 874-3447
- Davita - Southland Dialysis5.49 miles away3401 Glendale Toledo Ohio 43614CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (419) 389-9681
- University of Toledo Medical Center6.02 miles away3000 Arlington Ave., Rm 0239 Toledo Ohio 43614Dialysis Stations: 6 (419) 383-4985