Addison Heights Health and Rehabilitation Center is an average-sized nursing home located in Maumee, Ohio. This facility received an F, which is really a rock-bottom score in our grading scheme. If you are not happy with this facility's poor overall grade, you may find your options to be limited in Maumee. The city has just one other nursing home. We were surprised to find that this nursing home actually received one decent category score in inspections, which you can read more about below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Addison Heights Health and Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Note: Addison Heights Health and Rehabilitation Center has been flagged for abuse in the past 12 months. We have capped this facility's overall grade accordingly.
Get pricing and details on Maumee senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Although we gave this facility a terrible overall grade, we awarded it a B- for our inspections rating. In fact, the facility received very impressive inspection report this year. We would argue that one of the most important factors in evaluating an inspection report is deficiencies. In this regard, we especially focus on the severity of those deficiencies. This place was assessed 7 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none of the deficiencies were considered to be major deficiencies. This tells you that the government inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies to cause an immediate threat to patient health or safety. Lastly, this facility was flagged by CMS for possible abuse or neglect. We prefer to avoid facilities with this designation. Please do your best to find an alternative nursing home.
Short-term Care Quality
Unfortunately, this facility's second most favorable score was short-term care. However, with a D in this category, it still performed somewhat badly. In calculating our short-term care scores, we look at a nursing home's levels of highly skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists occupational therapists and other highly trained professionals. This grade is considered to be a meaningful assessment of a nursing home's rehabilitation. Based on its poor grade in this area, we were not surprised to discover this place provides significantly fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most facilities. Lastly, we assessed the number of residents who were able to return home from this nursing home. This facility didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 0 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Addison Heights Health and Rehabilitation Center?
Unfortunately, we gave this facility an F for its nursing grade. The nursing grade features numerous datapoints. The most important variable is the number of hours nurses spend with patients. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing scores. This nursing home fared well in terms of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. Many consider these statistics to be reliable indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
The last category we analyzed is long-term care. Sadly, it received an abysmal F for this category, which is a very poor grade. For prospective patients seeking a permanent residence as opposed to skilled nursing, long-term care grades are a key measure. After considering the quantity of care provided by nurses, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination record. We were optimistic to learn that this nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its residents for pneumonia. Surprisingly, this facility also keeps its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had just 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. Unfortunately, a few of its other scores in this category were not as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Addison Heights Health and Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Addison Heights Health and Rehabilitation Center, 7.3% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is an indication of the percentage of long-term stay patients who are suffering from pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are a reliable barometer of nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Addison Heights Health and Rehabilitation Center, 3.68% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents who sustained a major fall. Falls leading to major injuries are routinely linked to lower levels of patient supervision. Better nursing protocols limits the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Addison Heights Health and Rehabilitation Center, 1.34% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes associated with insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Addison Heights Health and Rehabilitation Center, 12.59% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. These medications may be used for treating several medical conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Addison Heights Health and Rehabilitation Center, 21.99% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Addison Heights Health and Rehabilitation Center, 21.39% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who are exhibiting depressive symptoms. Higher rates of depression could imply worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Addison Heights Health and Rehabilitation Center, 88.91% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Addison Heights Health and Rehabilitation Center, 14.84% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of patients that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's may indicate the decline of a resident's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Addison Heights Health and Rehabilitation Center, 12.66% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of residents who were able to retain mobility over time. Retaining mobility is often a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Addison Heights Health and Rehabilitation Center, 1.43 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Addison Heights Health and Rehabilitation Center, 12.66 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Addison Heights Health and Rehabilitation Center, 12.98 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Addison Heights Health and Rehabilitation Center, 75.85% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term stay residents who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of independence with ADL's often correlates with successful rehabilitation.
- St Luke's HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.19 miles away5901 Monclova Road Maumee Ohio 43537Voluntary non-profit - Other(419) 893-5900
- University of Toledo Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.18 miles away3000 Arlington Avenue Toledo Ohio 43699Government - State(419) 383-4848
- Northwest Ohio Psychiatric HospitalPsychiatric 7 miles away930 South Detroit Avenue Toledo Ohio 43614Government - State(419) 381-1881
- Toledo Hospital TheAcute Care Hospitals 9.2 miles away2142 North Cove Boulevard Toledo Ohio 43606Voluntary non-profit - Private(419) 291-7463
- Mercy St Anne HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.41 miles away3404 Sylvania Avenue Toledo Ohio 43623Voluntary non-profit - Church(419) 407-2663
- Mercy Health St Vincent Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.17 miles away2213 Cherry Street Toledo Ohio 43608Voluntary non-profit - Church(419) 251-3232
- Bay Park Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.69 miles away2801 Bay Park Drive Oregon Ohio 43616Voluntary non-profit - Other(419) 690-7700
- Wood County HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.22 miles away950 West Wooster Street Bowling Green Ohio 43402Voluntary non-profit - Private(419) 354-8900
- Usrc Maumee, LLC1.86 miles away1787 Indian Wood Circle, Suite B Maumee Ohio 43537Dialysis Stations: 13 (419) 887-0729
- Fmc- Arrowhead Dialysis Center2.47 miles away322 W Dussel Drive Maumee Ohio 43537Dialysis Stations: 24 (419) 891-2200
- Fresenius Medical Care Maumee Home LLC3.41 miles away6546 Weatherfield Ct Maumee Ohio 43537Dialysis Stations: 4 (419) 865-4554
- Total Renal Care, Inc.3.41 miles away4330 Keystone Drive Maumee Ohio 43537Dialysis Stations: 12 (419) 887-0762
- Davita - Swan Creek Dialysis3.97 miles away5201 Airport Highway Toledo Ohio 43615Dialysis Stations: 20 (419) 214-0540
- Fmc - Perrysburg Dialysis4.54 miles away701 Commerce Drive Perrysburg Ohio 43551Dialysis Stations: 13 (419) 874-3447
- Davita - Southland Dialysis5.49 miles away3401 Glendale Toledo Ohio 43614CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (419) 389-9681
- University of Toledo Medical Center6.02 miles away3000 Arlington Ave., Rm 0239 Toledo Ohio 43614Dialysis Stations: 6 (419) 383-4985