Addison Healthcare Center is located in Masury, Ohio. This city has a total of 4,751 people. Sporting an overall grade of D, this is a lower end nursing home. This wasn't the worse nursing home we found, however, we would still struggle to recommend it. Despite all this, one of the few highlights of this nursing home's report card is its impressive inspection rating. You can scroll down to find out about inspections and other category grades
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Addison Healthcare Center
- Nursing Home
- Contracted Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Masury senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Oncology Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Catheter Care
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
While this nursing home's overall score was not a highlight, it actually excelled in the category of inspections. In fact, we awarded it an A+ for that category, which is one of our best scores. These inspection ratings weigh several factors, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these items by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This nursing home received 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none were considered to be severe. This indicates that the inspectors did not deem any of these deficiencies an imminent risk to patient safety or health. A few minor deficiencies aren't the end of the world.
This facility really excelled in our nursing category, where it earned an D. Our nursing grade is largely associated with the facility's level of nurse staffing. This place provided a meager 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient each day. This is an alarmingly low total. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in calculating our nursing ratings. This place fared well when it comes to avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these metrics to be indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Addison Healthcare Center?
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we analyzed was long-term care. This nursing home's was given a poor long-term care grade where it was given an F. Long-term care ratings in this range generally are a bad sign for the quantity and quality of care provided by nurses and aids, as well as the levels of routine medical care available. On top of looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. We found that this nursing home vaccinated just 80.645164 percent of its patients, which is a bit of a concern. Surprisingly, this facility actually fared well at keeping its patients out of the hospital. It had just 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. This was its best feature in this category.
Short-term Care Quality
The last area we scored was short-term care. This nursing home received a rock bottom grade of F in that category. Short-term care grades are commonly employed to gauge a nursing home's rehabilitation services. In order to have good rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally need to feature higher levels of skilled nursing services. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, speech therapists and other highly trained professionals. With its grade in this category, we weren't surprised to discover that this facility is well below average in terms of the number of registered nurse and physical therapy hours offered to its residents based on the metrics we assessed. Frankly, this was what we expected here. The final item we assessed in this category is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We discovered that just 0 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home, which is well below average. The combination of these poor statistics was damning for this facility's short-term care score.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Addison Healthcare Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Addison Healthcare Center, 7.3% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of patients that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are often caused by patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols minimizes the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Addison Healthcare Center, 3.68% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of long-term residents who have had a fall resulting in serious injury. This is one of the statistics we use in determining nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Addison Healthcare Center, 1.34% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are often linked to facilities with lower levels of hygiene. More frequent bathing limits the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. Keep in mind that this datapoint is sometimes skewed by the fact that facilities have varying reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Addison Healthcare Center, 12.59% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This gauges the percentage of long-term patients that were administered antipsychotic medication. Excessive reliance on these medications may suggest that a facility is using these medications to subdue residents in situations where such drugs are not medically required. Nevertheless, some facilities may need to rely more on these medications due to having more patients with Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Addison Healthcare Center, 21.99% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of patients prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are administered to patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Addison Healthcare Center, 21.39% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Addison Healthcare Center, 88.91% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home patients, making these vaccines vital to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Addison Healthcare Center, 14.84% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and continence. Some experts believe that this is a reliable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Addison Healthcare Center, 12.66% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of residents who were able to retain mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a great sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Addison Healthcare Center, 12.66 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Addison Healthcare Center, 12.98 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Addison Healthcare Center, 75.85% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term residents who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of autonomy with ADL's typically correlates with successful rehabilitation services.
- Sharon Regional Health SystemAcute Care Hospitals 1.88 miles away740 East State Street Sharon Pennsylvania 16146Proprietary(724) 983-3800
- Mh St Elizabeth Youngstown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.98 miles away1044 Belmont Avenue Youngstown Ohio 44501Voluntary non-profit - Church(330) 480-3962
- Mh St Joseph Warren HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.96 miles away667 Eastland Ave Se Warren Ohio 44481Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 841-4016
- Trumbull Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.04 miles away1350 East Market Street Warren Ohio 44482Proprietary(330) 841-9820
- Upmc HorizonAcute Care Hospitals 15.56 miles away110 North Main Street Greenville Pennsylvania 16125Voluntary non-profit - Private(724) 588-2100
- Upmc JamesonAcute Care Hospitals 16.97 miles away1211 Wilmington Avenue New Castle Pennsylvania 16105Voluntary non-profit - Other(724) 656-4100
- Mh St Elizabeth Boardman HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.25 miles away8401 Market Street Youngstown Ohio 44512Voluntary non-profit - Church(330) 729-2929
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Hermitage3.86 miles away3036 Innovation Way Hermitage Pennsylvania 16148CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (724) 981-1328
- Dci of Shenango Valley4.2 miles away737 Brookshire Drive Hermitage Pennsylvania 16148Dialysis Stations: 19 (724) 342-3040
- Youngstown - Warren Home Dialysis8.46 miles away4531 Belmont Ave. Youngstown Ohio 44505Dialysis Stations: 3 (330) 759-3807
- Fmc - Youngstown9.88 miles away1340 Belmont Avenue Youngstown Ohio 44504CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (330) 746-2860
- Warren Dialysis Center10.71 miles away8720 East Market Street, Ste 1a Warren Ohio 44484CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (330) 609-5502
- Fmc - Warren12.67 miles away2100 Millenium Blvd Cortland Ohio 44410CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (330) 372-4030
- Fresenius Kidney Care Cornersburg14.43 miles away3265 Canfield Rd, Unit C Youngstown Ohio 44511Dialysis Stations: 16 (330) 792-6341
- Boardman Dialysis Center, LLC14.58 miles away7153 Tiffany Blvd. Youngstown Ohio 44514CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (330) 729-1355