Ackert Park Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation Cente is a nursing home in Saint Louis, Missouri which has a total of 927,396 people. Featuring an overall rating of D, this is a subpar facility. Unfortunately, this grade is not too far off the city grade for Saint Louis, which is a C. Nevertheless, you still ought to be able to do better The only positive thing we can really say about this facility is that it didn't receive any F's in any of the categories we assessed. More information about its category grades is available below.
Ackert Park Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation Cente
Updated May 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
894 Leland Avenue,
Saint Louis MO 63130
37.23% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
Although we did not rate this facility favorably overall, we want to draw your attention to its excellent inspections in recent years. We awarded them an impressive grade of A- in this category. Arguably the most important factor we consider in computing our inspection grades is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a facility's recent inspection reports. It is typically in your best interest to avoid facilities that have a long list of severe deficiencies. This place received 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none were considered to be severe. This indicates that the inspectors did not consider any of these deficiencies to create an imminent threat to resident health or safety. A couple minor deficiencies aren't the end of the world.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility's second highest category ended up being its short-term care score, where it was awarded a grade of C. Short-term care scores are crucial for people seeking rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally utilizes higher levels of skilled nursing services. This means a vast spectrum of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Unfortunately, this facility was below average in terms of its level of physical therapy and registered nurse hours provided to its residents based on the measures we assessed. Finally, we looked at the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this facility's residents returned home. At most nursing homes, closer to half of their patients are able to return home so this figure is below average.
Does this page answer your questions about Ackert Park Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation Cente?
Long-term Care Quality
Sadly, this facility's next highest score is long-term care. Nevertheless, with a D in this category, it still performed somewhat badly. In a long-term care environment, the nursing home's primary objective is to maintain residents' quality of life and keep them safe. Once we looked at the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination statistics. We were optimistic to discover that this nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its patients for pneumonia. Lastly, we looked at its number of hospitalizations. We found that this facility fared much worse with 3.17 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. Unfortunately, this figure is nearly twice the national average.
The next area we rated is nursing, which ended up being a weak link for this facility. We awarded this nursing home a grade of D in nursing. There are a number of criteria within this area. Most of the subcategories relate to the quantity of nurse staffing. This place averaged just 2.8 hours of nursing care per resident daily. This is a very low total compared to most nursing homes. This place also had terrible scores in some of the quality-based measures to go along with its low nursing hour totals. For starters, we looked at the percentage of residents experiencing pressure ulcers. This facility was at more than twice the national average in this metric.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Ackert Park Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation Cente Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Ackert Park Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation Cente, 9.56% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint is an indication of the percent of long-term stay patients that developed pressure ulcers or bed sores. We consider this statistic when determining both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Ackert Park Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation Cente, 4.04% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents that have had a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injuries are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a measure of nursing care . Major falls leading to injury are routinely the result of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Ackert Park Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation Cente, 3.44% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections may be linked to poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Ackert Park Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation Cente, 20.38% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients who were given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many patients, it is important to confirm these medications are being used appropriately. In some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest that a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Ackert Park Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation Cente, 24.28% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of residents who were prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are given to patients experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Ackert Park Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation Cente, 4.04% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients who are demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Ackert Park Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation Cente, 89.97% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Ackert Park Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation Cente, 14.55% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and eating. Some experts argue this is a reliable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Ackert Park Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation Cente, 15.54% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who retained mobility levels.
In Ackert Park Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation Cente, 1.62 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Ackert Park Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation Cente, 15.54 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Scores for Saint Louis, MO
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Saint Louis, Missouri has 34 other nursing homes
- Ssm Health St Mary's Hospital - St LouisAcute Care Hospitals 1.89 miles away6420 Clayton Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63117Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 768-8000
- Ssm Health Saint Louis University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.44 miles away3635 Vista Ave Saint Louis Missouri 63110Proprietary(314) 577-8000
- St Alexius HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.79 miles away3933 S Broadway Saint Louis Missouri 63118Proprietary(314) 865-7000
- Missouri Baptist Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.68 miles away3015 N Ballas Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63131Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 996-5000
- Christian Hospital Northeast-NorthwestAcute Care Hospitals 8.71 miles away11133 Dunn Road Saint Louis Missouri 63136Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 653-5000
- Barnes-Jewish West County HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.75 miles away12634 Olive Boulevard Saint Louis Missouri 63141Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 996-8000
- Gateway Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.09 miles away2100 Madison Avenue Granite City Illinois 62040Voluntary non-profit - Other(618) 798-3000
- Ssm Health Depaul Hospital St LouisAcute Care Hospitals 9.13 miles away12303 Depaul Drive Bridgeton Missouri 63044Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 344-6000
- Fmc - University City0.59 miles away6850 Olive Blvd Saint Louis Missouri 63130CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (314) 726-0378
- St Louis Renal Care - Midtown0.88 miles away5901 Delmar Blvd Saint Louis Missouri 63112Dialysis Stations: 12 (314) 862-2138
- St Louis Dialysis1.37 miles away324 Debaliviere Ave Saint Louis Missouri 63112CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (314) 367-9111
- Rtc - Hampton Avenue Dialysis2.67 miles away1425 Hampton Avenue Saint Louis Missouri 63139Dialysis Stations: 12 (314) 781-4022
- Saint Louis Childrens Hospital Dialysis2.71 miles awayOne Childrens Place 2n90 Saint Louis Missouri 63110Dialysis Stations: 5 (314) 454-6065
- Chromalloy American Kidney Center2.75 miles away4950 Childrens Place Wohl Clinic Bldg Saint Louis Missouri 63110CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (314) 362-7209
- Gateway St Louis Dialysis, LLC3.07 miles away4100 Union Blvd Saint Louis Missouri 63115Dialysis Stations: 16 (314) 382-3480
- Forest Park Kidney Center3.42 miles away4205 Forest Park Ave. Saint Louis Missouri 63108CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (314) 286-0800