Ackert Park Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation Center is a large nursing home located in Saint Louis, Missouri. This facility received an overall grade of D in our grading scheme. Unfortunately, this grade is not too far off the city grade for Saint Louis, which is a C. Nevertheless, you still may be able to do better Nevertheless, this facility surprisingly performed well in our inspections category, which you can read more about below.
Ackert Park Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
Although we did not rate this nursing home highly overall, we want to draw your attention to its nearly flawless inspections in recent years. We awarded them an impressive grade of A- in this category. Arguably the most important factor we look at in calculating our inspection grades is deficiencies. Deficiencies are found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. It is generally best to avoid nursing homes that had too many deficiencies. While this facility had some deficiencies on its government inspection report, none were serious based on CMS' deficiency scale. A few minor deficiencies aren't the end of the world.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home's second most favorable score is short-term care, but it nevertheless received a grade of just D in that area. This ended up being a well below average score. Our short-term care grade is typically employed to gauge a nursing home's rehabilitation services. In order to provide highly graded rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally need to provide higher levels of skilled nursing services. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, speech therapists and other highly trained professionals. With a grade of this caliber for this area, we were not surprised to discover this place was below average in the two key staffing figures we focus on. It provided significantly fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per patient than most other nursing homes. Lastly, we looked at the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. This definitely wasn't a strength for this facility. We found that just 0 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home. At most nursing homes, around half of their patients are able to return home so this is well below average.
Does this page answer your questions about Ackert Park Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation Center?
Long-term Care Quality
Unfortunately, this nursing home only received a grade of D for its long-term care grade, which is not one of our better scores. In a long-term care environment, the facility's primary objective is to maintain patients' quality of life and keep them safe. Once we assessed the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination records. We were optimistic to discover that this nursing home vaccinated 98.947365 percent of its residents against pneumonia. To our surprise, this place also fared well at keeping its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0.04 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. Unfortunately, a few of its other scores in this category weren't as favorable as these.
The next category we looked at was nursing, where this facility was given a poor score here also. We gave it a lowly F in this area, which is definitely somewhat alarming. Our nursing rating features a host of factors. The most important variable is the amount of time nurses spend with patients. This facility offered just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident each day. This is an alarmingly low total. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing ratings. This place performed well in the area of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these statistics to be measures of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Ackert Park Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Ackert Park Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 9.28% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of long-term patients which are suffering from pressure ulcers or bed sores. We bake this statistic into our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Ackert Park Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 3.89% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of patients who have had a fall which caused serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Ackert Park Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 3.39% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are routinely linked to a facility with lower levels of hygiene. However, this datapoint could also be misleading for certain facilities due to varying reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Ackert Park Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 20.47% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients given antipsychotic drugs. These drugs may be used to treat several conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Ackert Park Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 24.32% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of long-term residents who were administered antianxiety drugs. These medications are commonly used to treat residents suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Ackert Park Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 4.19% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who are demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Ackert Park Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 88.53% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Ackert Park Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 14.79% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term stay residents who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Ackert Park Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 14.68% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of residents that maintained mobility over time. Preserving mobility is usually a great sign for residents' health.
In Ackert Park Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 1.7 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Minimizing hospitalizations is critical to the physical well-being of nursing home patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Ackert Park Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 14.68 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Scores for Saint Louis, MO
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Saint Louis, Missouri has 47 other nursing homes
- Ssm Health St Mary's Hospital - St LouisAcute Care Hospitals 1.89 miles away6420 Clayton Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63117Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 768-8000
- Ssm Health Saint Louis University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.44 miles away3635 Vista Ave Saint Louis Missouri 63110Proprietary(314) 577-8000
- St Alexius HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.79 miles away3933 S Broadway Saint Louis Missouri 63118Proprietary(314) 865-7000
- Missouri Baptist Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.68 miles away3015 N Ballas Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63131Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 996-5000
- Christian Hospital Northeast-NorthwestAcute Care Hospitals 8.71 miles away11133 Dunn Road Saint Louis Missouri 63136Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 653-5000
- Barnes-Jewish West County HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.75 miles away12634 Olive Boulevard Saint Louis Missouri 63141Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 996-8000
- Gateway Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.09 miles away2100 Madison Avenue Granite City Illinois 62040Voluntary non-profit - Other(618) 798-3000
- Ssm Health Depaul Hospital St LouisAcute Care Hospitals 9.13 miles away12303 Depaul Drive Bridgeton Missouri 63044Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 344-6000
- Fmc - University City0.59 miles away6850 Olive Blvd Saint Louis Missouri 63130CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (314) 726-0378
- St Louis Renal Care - Midtown0.88 miles away5901 Delmar Blvd Saint Louis Missouri 63112Dialysis Stations: 12 (314) 862-2138
- St Louis Dialysis1.37 miles away324 Debaliviere Ave Saint Louis Missouri 63112CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (314) 367-9111
- Rtc - Hampton Avenue Dialysis2.67 miles away1425 Hampton Avenue Saint Louis Missouri 63139Dialysis Stations: 12 (314) 781-4022
- Saint Louis Childrens Hospital Dialysis2.71 miles awayOne Childrens Place 2n90 Saint Louis Missouri 63110Dialysis Stations: 5 (314) 454-6065
- Chromalloy American Kidney Center2.75 miles away4950 Childrens Place Wohl Clinic Bldg Saint Louis Missouri 63110CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (314) 362-7209
- Gateway St Louis Dialysis, LLC3.07 miles away4100 Union Blvd Saint Louis Missouri 63115Dialysis Stations: 16 (314) 382-3480
- Forest Park Kidney Center3.42 miles away4205 Forest Park Ave. Saint Louis Missouri 63108CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (314) 286-0800