Ackert Park Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation Center is a large nursing home located in Saint Louis, Missouri. This facility received an overall grade of D in our grading scheme. Unfortunately, this grade is not too far off the city grade for Saint Louis, which is a C. Nevertheless, you still may be able to do better If you aren't deterred by this facility's profile, you can continue reading to learn more about its category scores. Inspection reports are discussed in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Ackert Park Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Saint Louis senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
While this nursing home's overall grade was not a highlight, it actually excelled in the area of inspections. In fact, we awarded it an A- for that category, which is one of our best scores. Inspection grades are tied to several datapoints found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Deficiencies are an important thing to look for on these reports. Most importantly, you should avoid nursing homes that have severe deficiencies associated with endangerment of patients. While this nursing home had a few deficiencies on its report, none of them were severe based on CMS' deficiency scale. A couple minor deficiencies aren't necessarily the end of the world.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility's short-term care rating ended up being one of its respectable grades. The nursing home was awarded a grade of C in this category. In the area of short-term care, we endeavor to assess measures of a nursing home's rehabilitation services. We look at the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses and physical therapists. We found that this facility was below average in the two key staffing areas we assessed. It supplied fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most other nursing homes. It is still important to determine whether this is adversely impacting the quality of care. Finally, we considered the number of patients that ultimately were able to return home from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home. This figure was actually quite a bit below the national average.
Does this page answer your questions about Ackert Park Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation Center?
Turning to the area of nursing care, this facility received a grade of just D in this category. When computing our nursing ratings, we weigh both the number of hours nurses spend with residents and the training levels of the nurses. This particular nursing home offered just 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient each day. This figure is significantly below average. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed well when it comes to minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers.
Long-term Care Quality
The last category we scored was long-term care, which turned out to be a weak link for this facility. We awarded this facility a D in the area of long-term care. When facilities receive a grade in this range in this category it typically means the nursing home did not perform well in our quality measures relating to patient care. In addition to looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home vaccinated 91.503265 percent of its patients, which is somewhat below what we expected. To our surprise, this place was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0.03 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this facility has less hospitalizations than the majority of nursing homes. This was its best score in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Ackert Park Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Ackert Park Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 16.9% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is an indication of the percent of long-term care residents which suffered from new or worsened pressure ulcers. We have found that pressure ulcers are a solid measure of a facility's nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Ackert Park Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 0% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who had falls leading to severe injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls could be a sign of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Ackert Park Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 5.3% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of long-term patients which suffered from a urinary tract infection. Although a higher rate of these infections may reflect poorly on a nursing home's cleanliness, it can be problematic to compare different nursing homes due to nursing homes having varying reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Ackert Park Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 23.85% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be helpful for many patients, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used appropriately. In limited situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Ackert Park Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 17.05% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of patients given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are generally prescribed to residents experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Ackert Park Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 4.65% of Patients
This is the percent of residents demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Ackert Park Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 94.73% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term care patients who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for seniors, making these vaccines important for resident well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Ackert Park Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 10.09% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Ackert Park Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 14.23% of Residents
This is the percentage of residents that retained mobility levels over time. Retaining mobility can be a great sign for residents' health.
In Ackert Park Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 0.03 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Ackert Park Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 14.23% of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Scores for Saint Louis, MO
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-minus
Looking for more options? Saint Louis, Missouri has 22 other nursing homes
- Ssm Health St Mary's Hospital - St LouisAcute Care Hospitals 1.89 miles away6420 Clayton Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63117Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 768-8000
- Ssm Health Saint Louis University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.44 miles away3635 Vista Ave Saint Louis Missouri 63110Proprietary(314) 577-8000
- St Alexius HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.79 miles away3933 S Broadway Saint Louis Missouri 63118Proprietary(314) 865-7000
- Missouri Baptist Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.68 miles away3015 N Ballas Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63131Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 996-5000
- Christian Hospital Northeast-NorthwestAcute Care Hospitals 8.71 miles away11133 Dunn Road Saint Louis Missouri 63136Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 653-5000
- Barnes-Jewish West County HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.75 miles away12634 Olive Boulevard Saint Louis Missouri 63141Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 996-8000
- Gateway Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.09 miles away2100 Madison Avenue Granite City Illinois 62040Voluntary non-profit - Other(618) 798-3000
- Ssm Health Depaul Hospital St LouisAcute Care Hospitals 9.13 miles away12303 Depaul Drive Bridgeton Missouri 63044Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 344-6000
- Fmc - University City0.59 miles away6850 Olive Blvd Saint Louis Missouri 63130CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (314) 726-0378
- St Louis Renal Care - Midtown0.88 miles away5901 Delmar Blvd Saint Louis Missouri 63112Dialysis Stations: 12 (314) 862-2138
- St Louis Dialysis1.37 miles away324 Debaliviere Ave Saint Louis Missouri 63112CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (314) 367-9111
- Rtc - Hampton Avenue Dialysis2.67 miles away1425 Hampton Avenue Saint Louis Missouri 63139Dialysis Stations: 12 (314) 781-4022
- Saint Louis Childrens Hospital Dialysis2.71 miles awayOne Childrens Place 2n90 Saint Louis Missouri 63110Dialysis Stations: 5 (314) 454-6065
- Chromalloy American Kidney Center2.75 miles away4950 Childrens Place Wohl Clinic Bldg Saint Louis Missouri 63110CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (314) 362-7209
- Gateway St Louis Dialysis, LLC3.07 miles away4100 Union Blvd Saint Louis Missouri 63115Dialysis Stations: 16 (314) 382-3480
- Forest Park Kidney Center3.42 miles away4205 Forest Park Ave. Saint Louis Missouri 63108CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (314) 286-0800