Accordius Health at St Mary is in Davenport, Iowa, a city with 102,516 people. This nursing home was given a bottom of the barrel overall grade based on the data we looked at. Based on our analysis, this facility likely isn't a good fit for any prospective resident. More information on this facility's category grades is available below. Its best category was short-term care, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
Accordius Health at St Mary
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
Even though this place's overall score was horrible, it fared well in our short-term care category. In fact, we gave it a B for that category, which is one of our better scores. This is one of the only positive things we can say about this nursing home. In computing these short-term care grades, we quantify the facility's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. The objective is to create a measure for sizing up the rehabilitation services of various facilities. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the number of patients that ultimately returned home from this nursing home. We found that 6.2 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
This nursing home really excelled in nursing, where it earned an C. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. Nursing scores are based largely on levels of nurse staffing. This nursing home averages just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a very low figure. Lastly, we also assessed several nursing quality measures. While this facility got docked a bit for nursing hours, it excelled in some of these quality metrics. With fewer than five percent of its patients sustaining pressure ulcers, it did remarkably well in this subcategory. This is often an indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can typically be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as having a system of moving patients more often.
Does this page answer your questions about Accordius Health at St Mary?
This nursing home received very poor inspection reports in recent years, causing them to receive a lowly F in our inspection category. An F in this area is typically a sign that there were red flags on the nursing home's government inspection reports. For facilities with bad inspection ratings, you should really focus on any severe deficiencies found on their recent inspection reports. This particular facility was assessed 8 deficiencies by CMS. The only positive thing we found is that none of these deficiencies were in the categories that indicate they created a risk to patient safety or health. Lastly, we also need to point out that this place was assessed large government fines in recent years amounting to more than $100,000. This usually indicates that a nursing home's poor performance spanned multiple years.
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on to our final category, this facility really didn't perform well in this category either. With an abysmal grade of F in long-term care, this is really as bad as it gets. If you are looking for anything other than rehabilitation, you should take a close look at each facility's long-term care grades. One of the criteria we considered after nursing hours was vaccinations. Thankfully, this nursing home administered the pneumonia vaccine to 100 percent of its residents. Surprisingly, this facility was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. Unfortunately, some of its other scores in the category weren't as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Accordius Health at St Mary Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Accordius Health at St Mary, 6.13% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic tells you the percentage of long-term patients who suffer from new or worsened pressure ulcers. We have found that pressure ulcers are a reliable barometer of the quality of nursing care a facility provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Accordius Health at St Mary, 3.72% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care residents who had a fall resulting in severe injury. This is one of the statistics we use in calculating nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Accordius Health at St Mary, 2.97% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often caused by facilities with worst hygiene practices. Additional nurse staffing reduces the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. Keep in mind that this statistic is affected by by the fact that nursing homes have varying reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Accordius Health at St Mary, 16.77% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents who were given antipsychotic drugs. These drugs are sometimes used for treating a variety of medical conditions, including dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Accordius Health at St Mary, 18.76% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint is an indication of the percent of long-term residents taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Accordius Health at St Mary, 4.77% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Accordius Health at St Mary, 94.58% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients that were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Accordius Health at St Mary, 16.85% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with ADL's may be a sign of erosion of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Accordius Health at St Mary, 20.59% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients that were able to retain mobility. Some experts believe that the ability to move around is vital to patients physical and mental health.
In Accordius Health at St Mary, 1.17 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Accordius Health at St Mary, 20.59 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Accordius Health at St Mary, 11.44 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Accordius Health at St Mary, 79.44% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of short-term patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some experts believe that this is a reasonable measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Davenport, IA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Davenport, Iowa has 6 other nursing homes
- Genesis Medical Center-DavenportAcute Care Hospitals 0.32 miles away1227 East Rusholme Street Davenport Iowa 52803Voluntary non-profit - Private(563) 421-1000
- Trinity BettendorfAcute Care Hospitals 2.87 miles away4500 Utica Ridge Road Bettendorf Iowa 52722Voluntary non-profit - Private(563) 742-5000
- Trinity Rock IslandAcute Care Hospitals 4.12 miles away2701 17th St Rock Island Illinois 61201Voluntary non-profit - Other(309) 779-5000
- Genesis Health SystemAcute Care Hospitals 8.15 miles away801 Illini Dr Silvis Illinois 61282Government - Local(309) 281-4000
- Genesis Medical Center-DewittCritical Access Hospitals 19.61 miles away1118 11th Street De Witt Iowa 52742Voluntary non-profit - Private(563) 659-4200
- e.A. Motto Dialysis0.29 miles away1228 E Rusholme St #1000 Davenport Iowa 52803CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (563) 322-0101
- Fmc - Davenport0.67 miles away120 W. Locust St. Davenport Iowa 52803Dialysis Stations: 19 (563) 323-3300
- Fmc - Bettendorf2.75 miles away4480 Utica Ridge Road Suite 1130 Bettendorf Iowa 52722Dialysis Stations: 9 (563) 344-9977
- Green Country Dialysis3.38 miles away5250 Utica Ridge Rd Davenport Iowa 52807Dialysis Stations: 12 (563) 355-7913
- Fmc - Quad Cities4.09 miles away2623 17th Street Rock Island Illinois 61201Dialysis Stations: 19 (309) 786-1400
- Fmc - Quad Cities5.31 miles away400 John Deere Rd. Moline Illinois 61265CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (309) 762-5570
- Davita - Moline Home Training6.82 miles away4650 38th Ave Moline Illinois 61265Dialysis Stations: 2 (309) 736-4260
- Fmc - Quad Cities Kidney Center Silvis, LLC8.21 miles away880 Crosstown Ave. Silvis Illinois 61282CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (309) 792-3517