Accordius Health at Lexington is an average-sized nursing home located in Lexington, North Carolina. This facility is a lower end facility. A score of this caliber suggests we found a few red flags. If you are not happy with this facility's poor overall grade, you may find your options to be limited in Lexington. The city has just one other nursing home. If you aren't deterred by this nursing home's profile, feel free to continue reading to find out about its category grades. We discuss inspections in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Accordius Health at Lexington
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Lexington senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
While we were not very complementary of this nursing home's overall grade, it received a very impressive inspection report this year. In fact, it received a nearly flawless inspection report this year. As a result, it received one of our highest grades in that category with an A. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in calculating these inspection ratings. One of those factors is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some deficiencies are quite minor. This particular nursing home received 7 deficiencies on its inspection report. Overall, this is still a solid inspection report, but we'd always recommend looking into any deficiencies you find troubling.
We gave this facility a grade of just D for our nursing rating and that actually turned out to be its second highest score. Our nursing rating is primarily based on a facility's nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided a meager 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident on a daily basis. This number is significantly below the national average. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing scores. This facility fared well when it comes to avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls.
Does this page answer your questions about Accordius Health at Lexington?
Long-term Care Quality
Additionally, we gave this facility an F in the area of long-term care. Nursing homes that do not fare well in long-term care typically aren't as well-staffed and are lagging in some of the areas of routine healthcare services we looked at. On top of looking at the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. Candidly, we were a bit concerned this nursing home vaccinated just 69.41581 percent of its residents. To our surprise, this facility was actually decent at keeping its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. This was its best score in this category.
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to the final area, this nursing home didn't perform well in this category either. With a poor grade of F in short-term care, this is about as terrible as it gets. Our short-term care grades are likely more important for patients needing a nursing home for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically mandates more skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing means not merely nursing, but also physical and respiratory therapy, as well as other types of therapy. With its grade in this area, we weren't stunned to find that this facility is well below average in terms of its number of registered nurse and physical therapy hours provided to its patients based on the measures we assessed. Honestly, this was what we expected to find. Finally, we considered the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that just 3.5 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Accordius Health at Lexington Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Accordius Health at Lexington, 10% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of patients who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are often caused by residents staying in one position for too long. Better nursing care reduces the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Accordius Health at Lexington, 3.84% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure measures the percentage of long-term patients who have suffered a fall resulting in major injury. This is one of the statistics we use in calculating nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Accordius Health at Lexington, 3.14% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients who have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered to be a measure of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely caused by worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this datapoint can also be misleading for certain facilities due to different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Accordius Health at Lexington, 12.15% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint gauges the percentage of long-term patients receiving antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs serve an important medical purpose, it is important to make sure these medications are being used only where medically required. In limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Accordius Health at Lexington, 21.12% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric gauges the percent of long-term patients receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Accordius Health at Lexington, 3.84% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who are exhibiting depressive symptoms. Higher levels of depression could reveal a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Accordius Health at Lexington, 88.29% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Accordius Health at Lexington, 19.92% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with ADL's could be a sign of erosion of a patient's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Accordius Health at Lexington, 21.81% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of patients that were able to retain mobility over time. Retaining mobility is usually a great sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Accordius Health at Lexington, 21.81 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Accordius Health at Lexington, 12.78 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Accordius Health at Lexington, 73.13% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percentage of short-term stay patients who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some argue that this is a reasonable measure of a facility's rehabilitation performance.
- Lexington Memorial Hospital IncAcute Care Hospitals 0.2 miles away250 Hospital Drive PO Box 1817 Lexington North Carolina 27293Voluntary non-profit - Private(336) 248-5161
- Novant Health Thomasville Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.51 miles away207 Old Lexington Rd Box 789 Thomasville North Carolina 27360Voluntary non-profit - Private(336) 472-2000
- Novant Health Rowan Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.27 miles away612 Mocksville Ave Salisbury North Carolina 28144Voluntary non-profit - Private(704) 210-5000
- Davie Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 17.05 miles away223 Hospital Street Mocksville North Carolina 27028Voluntary non-profit - Private(336) 751-8100
- Novant Health Forsyth Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 18.98 miles away3333 Silas Creek Parkway Winston Salem North Carolina 27103Voluntary non-profit - Private(336) 718-5000
- High Point Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.3 miles away601 N Elm St High Point North Carolina 27261Voluntary non-profit - Private(336) 878-6000
- Lexington Dialysis Center of Wake Forest University0.34 miles away233 Anna Lewis Drive Lexington North Carolina 27292CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 37 (336) 248-6808
- Davita Spencer Dialysis9.7 miles away1287 N. Salisbury Avenue Spencer North Carolina 28159Dialysis Stations: 10 (704) 636-3545
- Thomasville Dialysis Center of Wake Forest University13.01 miles away10 Laura Lane Thomasville North Carolina 27360CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (336) 472-4500
- Dialysis Care of Rowan County Inc14.16 miles away111 Dorsett Drive Salisbury North Carolina 28144CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 33 (704) 637-2107
- High Point Kidney Center of Wake Forest University17.4 miles away1900 Westchester Drive High Point North Carolina 27262CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 41 (336) 889-9200
- Miller Street Dialysis Center of Wake Forest University18.58 miles away120 Miller St Winston Salem North Carolina 27103CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 44 (336) 724-0468
- Davie Kidney Center of Wake Forest University19.02 miles away190 Interstate Drive Mocksville North Carolina 27028Dialysis Stations: 13 (336) 753-1210
- North Randolph Dialysis Center of Wake Forest University19.53 miles away5948 Mendenhall Rd Ext High Point North Carolina 27263Dialysis Stations: 10 (336) 434-8910