Accordius Health at Lexington is an average-sized nursing home located in Lexington, North Carolina. This facility received an overall rating of F. If you are not happy with this facility's pedestrian overall grade, you may find your options to be limited in Lexington. The city has just three other nursing homes. If you aren't deterred by this place's report card, you can continue reading to learn more about its category grades. Inspection reports are discussed in the next section.
Accordius Health at Lexington
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
Although we gave this nursing home a horrible overall grade, we awarded it an A for our inspections rating. This grade is far more impressive than the facility's overall grade. Our inspection scores are based on several items located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Deficiencies are a key thing to look for on these reports. Most importantly, you should avoid facilities that have severe deficiencies associated with risks to resident well being. This particular nursing home received 7 deficiencies on its inspection report. Overall, this is still a solid inspection report, but we'd always recommend looking into any deficiencies you find troubling.
Long-term Care Quality
We also want to note that this nursing home received an F for its long-term care score. When nursing homes receive a score in this range in this category it generally means the facility didn't perform well in our quality measures relating to resident care. In addition to considering the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility provided the vaccine to 63.636364 percent of its patients. This is quite a bit less than the national average. To our surprise, this facility was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0.04 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this facility had fewer hospitalizations than the majority of nursing homes. This was its best score in this category.
Does this page answer your questions about Accordius Health at Lexington?
Unfortunately, we gave this facility an F for its nursing grade. When computing a facility's nursing score, we weigh the amount of time nurses spend with patients and the skill levels of those nurses. This facility averaged just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is not a very impressive figure. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in calculating our nursing ratings. This nursing home fared well in terms of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers.
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to the final area, this nursing home didn't perform well in this category either. With a poor grade of F in short-term care, this is about as terrible as it gets. Our short-term care grades are likely more important for patients needing a nursing home for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically mandates more skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing means not merely nursing, but also physical and respiratory therapy, as well as other types of therapy. With its grade in this area, we weren't stunned to find that this facility is well below average in terms of its number of registered nurse and physical therapy hours provided to its patients based on the measures we assessed. Honestly, this was what we expected to find. Finally, we considered the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that just 3.5 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Accordius Health at Lexington Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Accordius Health at Lexington, 10.09% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of patients who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are often caused by residents staying in one position for too long. Better nursing care reduces the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Accordius Health at Lexington, 3.86% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure measures the percentage of long-term patients who have suffered a fall resulting in major injury. This is one of the statistics we use in calculating nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Accordius Health at Lexington, 3.21% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients who have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered to be a measure of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely caused by worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this datapoint can also be misleading for certain facilities due to different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Accordius Health at Lexington, 11.74% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint gauges the percentage of long-term patients receiving antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs serve an important medical purpose, it is important to make sure these medications are being used only where medically required. In limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Accordius Health at Lexington, 22.05% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric gauges the percent of long-term patients receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Accordius Health at Lexington, 3.01% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who are exhibiting depressive symptoms. Higher levels of depression could reveal a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Accordius Health at Lexington, 87.89% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Accordius Health at Lexington, 18.87% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with ADL's could be a sign of erosion of a patient's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Accordius Health at Lexington, 24.57% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of patients that were able to retain mobility over time. Retaining mobility is usually a great sign for residents' health.
In Accordius Health at Lexington, 1.39 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Accordius Health at Lexington, 24.57 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Accordius Health at Lexington, 11.81 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Accordius Health at Lexington, 72.58% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percentage of short-term stay patients who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some argue that this is a reasonable measure of a facility's rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Lexington, NC
- Overall Rating has a grade of D
- Nurse Rating has a grade of D
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of F
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Lexington, North Carolina has 3 other nursing homes
- Lexington Memorial Hospital IncAcute Care Hospitals 0.2 miles away250 Hospital Drive PO Box 1817 Lexington North Carolina 27293Voluntary non-profit - Private(336) 248-5161
- Novant Health Thomasville Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.51 miles away207 Old Lexington Rd Box 789 Thomasville North Carolina 27360Voluntary non-profit - Private(336) 472-2000
- Novant Health Rowan Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.27 miles away612 Mocksville Ave Salisbury North Carolina 28144Voluntary non-profit - Private(704) 210-5000
- Davie Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 17.05 miles away223 Hospital Street Mocksville North Carolina 27028Voluntary non-profit - Private(336) 751-8100
- Novant Health Forsyth Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 18.98 miles away3333 Silas Creek Parkway Winston Salem North Carolina 27103Voluntary non-profit - Private(336) 718-5000
- High Point Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.3 miles away601 N Elm St High Point North Carolina 27261Voluntary non-profit - Private(336) 878-6000
- Lexington Dialysis Center of Wake Forest University0.34 miles away233 Anna Lewis Drive Lexington North Carolina 27292CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 37 (336) 248-6808
- Davita Spencer Dialysis9.7 miles away1287 N. Salisbury Avenue Spencer North Carolina 28159Dialysis Stations: 10 (704) 636-3545
- Thomasville Dialysis Center of Wake Forest University13.01 miles away10 Laura Lane Thomasville North Carolina 27360CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (336) 472-4500
- Dialysis Care of Rowan County Inc14.16 miles away111 Dorsett Drive Salisbury North Carolina 28144CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 33 (704) 637-2107
- High Point Kidney Center of Wake Forest University17.4 miles away1900 Westchester Drive High Point North Carolina 27262CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 41 (336) 889-9200
- Miller Street Dialysis Center of Wake Forest University18.58 miles away120 Miller St Winston Salem North Carolina 27103CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 44 (336) 724-0468
- Davie Kidney Center of Wake Forest University19.02 miles away190 Interstate Drive Mocksville North Carolina 27028Dialysis Stations: 13 (336) 753-1210
- North Randolph Dialysis Center of Wake Forest University19.53 miles away5948 Mendenhall Rd Ext High Point North Carolina 27263Dialysis Stations: 10 (336) 434-8910