Accel at Willow Bend is in the large metropolitan area of Plano, Texas which has a total of 278,067 people. Featuring an overall score of B, this facility is a quality choice. As far as we can see, this place is a solid choice for most people. We were also pleased to find that this nursing home didn't have any poor grades in any of the major categories discussed below. More information about its category grades can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Accel at Willow Bend
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Plano senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
One of the reasons this turned out to be a quality facility is that it received an impressive inspection grade. In fact, inspections turned out to be its best category grade. In this category, we awarded this facility an A-. Perhaps the most important factor we consider in determining our inspection ratings is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a facility's inspection reports. Facilities with better scores in this category typically avoided the most severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. While this nursing home had some deficiencies on its report, none of them were severe based on CMS' scale. We should point out that deficiency-free inspections are rare in this industry.
Short-term Care Quality
Another one of this nursing home's impressive category scores came in the area of short-term care. We awarded them one of our stronger scores in that category, with a grade of B+. In computing our short-term care scores, we quantify the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. Our objective is to formulate a tool for comparing the rehabilitation services of different nursing homes. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. However, according to the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the number of residents that eventually returned home from this nursing home. We found that 5.5 percent of this nursing home's residents were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Accel at Willow Bend?
In addition, this facility also received favorable nursing grades this year. In fact, we awarded them one of our better scores in that area, with a grade of B+. Nursing ratings are primarily based on a nursing home's nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility Texas in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can often be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as employing a protocol of turning residents more often.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we assessed was long-term care. We awarded this facility a C in this area. For prospective residents in need of a permanent residence as opposed to skilled nursing, long-term care grades are an important measure. On top of considering the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility provided the vaccine to 98.71795 percent of its patients, which is better than the majority of nursing homes. Finally, this facility was also able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Accel at Willow Bend Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Accel at Willow Bend, 7.17% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term residents which developed new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We use this statistic in calculating our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Accel at Willow Bend, 3.38% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of residents who sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injury are considered by many experts to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care . Major falls are routinely caused by poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Accel at Willow Bend, 1.52% of Patients had UTIs
This measures the percentage of long-term patients who had a UTI. While a higher rate of these infections could reflect poorly on a nursing home's nursing care, it is problematic to compare between facilities due to nursing homes having inconsistent reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Accel at Willow Bend, 10.14% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic drugs are given to patients for many medical conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias. Unfortunately, in some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest that a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Accel at Willow Bend, 22.67% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of residents prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are administered to residents suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Accel at Willow Bend, 4.84% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who are exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Accel at Willow Bend, 93.69% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients that were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Accel at Willow Bend, 17.58% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Accel at Willow Bend, 13.47% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percentage of long-term patients who remained mobile levels. Some would argue that the ability to move around is vital to residents' physical and mental health.
In Accel at Willow Bend, 1.89 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. There is typically a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Accel at Willow Bend, 13.47 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Accel at Willow Bend, 11.91 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Accel at Willow Bend, 66.29% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percentage of short-term care patients that saw functional improvements.
Scores for Plano, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Plano, Texas has 4 other nursing homes
- Texas Health Center for Diagnostics & Surgery PlanAcute Care Hospitals 0.61 miles away6020 W Parker Road Plano Texas 75093Proprietary(972) 403-2700
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital PlanoAcute Care Hospitals 0.66 miles away6200 W Parker Rd Plano Texas 75093Voluntary non-profit - Private(972) 981-8000
- Baylor Regional Medical Center at PlanoAcute Care Hospitals 2.85 miles away4700 Alliance Boulevard Plano Texas 75093Voluntary non-profit - Other(469) 814-2000
- The Heart Hospital Baylor PlanoAcute Care Hospitals 2.88 miles away1100 Allied Drive Plano Texas 75093Proprietary(469) 814-3278
- Methodist Hospital for SurgeryAcute Care Hospitals 3.52 miles away17101 Dallas Parkway Addison Texas 75001Proprietary(469) 248-3900
- Childrens Medical Center PlanoChildrens 3.63 miles away7601 Preston Road Plano Texas 75024Voluntary non-profit - Private(214) 456-1792
- Medical City PlanoAcute Care Hospitals 4.08 miles away3901 W 15th St Plano Texas 75075Proprietary(972) 596-6800
- Baylor Medical Center at FriscoAcute Care Hospitals 4.85 miles away5601 Warren Parkway Frisco Texas 75034Proprietary(214) 618-2000
- Renal Center of Carrollton1.19 miles away4240 International Parkway Suite 158 Carrollton Texas 75007CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (972) 306-8410
- Athios Dialysis, LLC1.38 miles away6101 Windhaven Pkwy Plano Texas 75093Dialysis Stations: 17 (972) 473-7891
- Davita West Plano Dialysis2.7 miles away5036 Tennyson Parkway Plano Texas 75024Dialysis Stations: 12 (972) 608-1089
- Fresenius Medical Care Willow Bend, LLC3.26 miles away6823 Communications Pkwy Bldg A Plano Texas 75024Dialysis Stations: 17 (214) 474-0025
- Fmc of West Plano3.34 miles away4405 Tradition Trail Plano Texas 75093CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (972) 943-7656
- Renal Center of Plano, LLC3.76 miles away4112 W Spring Creek Parkway Suite D-200 Plano Texas 75024Dialysis Stations: 17 (972) 608-7831
- Plano on Custer Dialysis5.81 miles away1301 Custer Road, Suite 524 Plano Texas 75075Dialysis Stations: 17 (972) 578-7047
- Carrolton Regional Dialysis Center7.34 miles away1128 North I-35 East Carrollton Texas 75006Dialysis Stations: 27 (972) 242-7648