Accel at Crystal Park is in the densely populated metropolitan area of Oklahoma City, Oklahoma which has a population of 640,470 people. This proved to be a very respectable facility, with an overall grade of B. Even in a city featuring 16 other nursing homes, this facility turns out to be a fine choice. The best part of this facility's strong profile is its short-term care rating. short-term care grades are discussed in the next section
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Accel at Crystal Park
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
315 Sw 80th Street,
Oklahoma City OK 73139
76.1% estimated occupancy 1
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to being a quality nursing home overall, this facility excelled at short-term care, where it received an A-. Few nursing homes performed better in this category. In our short-term care score, we strive to forge a valuable measure for rehabilitation. In doing so, we assess the nursing home's scope of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. We weren't able to locate registered nurse or physical therapy staffing data for this facility. Finally, we considered the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 6.4 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Building on its strong performance in other areas, we gave this nursing home a grade of B+ for our nursing rating. Our nursing score is primarily tied to a facility's nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can many times be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Accel at Crystal Park?
Another strong feature for this facility is that it excelled in inspections, with a B in that category. It performed better than most facilities in this area. Inspection scores are based on several datapoints found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that score well in this category tend to have very few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these places generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. This nursing home received 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none were considered to be major deficiencies. This indicates that CMS didn't deem any of these deficiencies an imminent threat to resident safety or health. Remember that deficiency-free inspections are rare in this industry.
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to our fourth area, this nursing home was awarded a decent long-term care grade of C. Our long-term care grades are crucial for individuals seeking non-healthcare services such as personal care. Once we assessed the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination records. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which is more than most nursing homes. This nursing home keeps its residents out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Accel at Crystal Park Quality Metrics
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Accel at Crystal Park, 4.45% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of patients that have had a major fall. Falls resulting in major injuries are often linked to lower quality nursing care. Closer supervision can reduce the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Accel at Crystal Park, 3.64% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term patients which have had urinary tract infections. UTI's may be a sign of poor nursing care. However, this statistic may also be misleading for some nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Accel at Crystal Park, 13.81% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic is an indication of the percentage of long-term patients which are prescribed antipsychotic medication. Increased usage of these drugs may suggest a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior in scenarios where such medications are not medically required. Nevertheless, some nursing homes need to rely more on these drugs due to having more patients suffering from Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Accel at Crystal Park, 4.69% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term residents demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Accel at Crystal Park, 92.54% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Accel at Crystal Park, 16.38 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to measure the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Accel at Crystal Park, 75.62% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Oklahoma City, OK
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Oklahoma City, Oklahoma has 15 other nursing homes
- Surgical Hospital of Oklahoma, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 1.46 miles away100 Southeast 59th Street Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73129Physician(405) 634-9300
- Onecore HealthAcute Care Hospitals 2.53 miles away1044 Sw 44th, Suite 350 Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73109Voluntary non-profit - Other(405) 631-3085
- Integris Southwest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.58 miles away4401 South Western Avenue Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73109Voluntary non-profit - Private(405) 636-7000
- Community Hospital, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 3.03 miles away3100 Southwest 89th Street Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73159Physician(405) 602-8100
- Oklahoma Heart Hospital South, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 5.16 miles away5200 East I-240 Service Road Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73135Physician(405) 628-6000
- Ssm Health St Anthony Hospital - Oklahoma CityAcute Care Hospitals 6.3 miles away1000 North Lee Avenue Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73101Voluntary non-profit - Church(405) 272-7000
- O U MedicineAcute Care Hospitals 6.68 miles away700 Ne 13th Street Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73104Voluntary non-profit - Private(405) 271-5911
- Alliancehealth MidwestAcute Care Hospitals 8.98 miles away2825 Parklawn Drive Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73110Proprietary(405) 610-8585
- Davita - Oklahoma City South1.37 miles away319 Sw 59th Street Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73109CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (405) 634-3708
- Davita - Cleveland Pd1.39 miles away1059 Se 82nd Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73149Dialysis Stations: 8 (405) 512-6912
- Fmcna - South Okc Dx Ctr1.86 miles away5419 S Western Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73109CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (405) 636-1570
- Fmcna - Southwest Oklahoma City Jv2.1 miles away10301 Greenbriar Pkwy Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73159CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (405) 691-3433
- Davita - Moore Dialysis3.7 miles away620 S. Santa Fe Ave Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73160Dialysis Stations: 12 (405) 799-2439
- Fkc - Moore3.85 miles away450 N Eastern Ave Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73160Dialysis Stations: 17 (405) 790-0626
- Ou Children Dialysis5.78 miles awayOu Children's Dialysis Unit 1200 Everett Dr Ste 1-J Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73104Dialysis Stations: 6 (405) 271-3302
- Davita - Heartland Dialysis6.34 miles away925 Ne Eighth Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73104CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (405) 236-3043