Accel at Crystal Park is in the densely populated metropolitan area of Oklahoma City, Oklahoma which has a population of 640,470 people. This proved to be a middle of the pack facility, with an overall grade of B-. Even in a city featuring 32 other nursing homes, this facility turns out to be a fine choice. One of the highlights of this facility's report card is its impressive short-term care rating, which is addressed in the next section.
Accel at Crystal Park
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
Please note our records indicate that Accel at Crystal Park has changed ownership recently and while our data on this page is up-to-date there is a chance that the quality of this facility may change under new management.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
We gave this nursing home one of our better scores in the area of short-term care, where it received an A. This is notably better than the nursing home's overall grade, which was certainly not elite. In the area of short-term care, we strive to qualify indicators of a nursing home's rehabilitation services. We look at a nursing home's skilled nursing services, including the ones performed by registered nurses and physical and occupational therapists. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. However, according to the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final datapoint we looked at in this area is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the facility and return home. We discovered that 6.4 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
One of the other reasons we rated this facility so highly is that it received a very impressive nursing score. In that category, we gave this facility a grade of A-. Nursing scores are based largely on quality and quantity of nursing care. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can frequently be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Accel at Crystal Park?
We also awarded this nursing home a grade of B- for our inspections rating. This is a very respectable nursing score. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in computing our inspection grades. One of those factors is health deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of the deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some deficiencies can be quite insignificant. Although this nursing home had a few deficiencies on its government inspection report, none were major deficiencies based on CMS' scale. We should point out that deficiency-free inspections are rare in this industry.
Long-term Care Quality
The final category we assessed is long-term care, proved to be this nursing home's worst area. We awarded this nursing home a grade of D in that category. This was one of the few weak links in an otherwise impressive profile. When facilities receive a score in this range in long-term care it generally means the nursing home did not perform well in our measures relating to patient care. Once we assessed the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination statistics. Candidly, we were a bit bothered by the fact that this facility vaccinated 79.411766 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which is significantly less than the national average. Surprisingly, this nursing home actually fared well at keeping its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had just 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. This is its best score in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Accel at Crystal Park Quality Metrics
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Accel at Crystal Park, 4.39% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of residents who sustained a major fall. Falls leading to serious injury are routinely the result of lower quality nursing care. More supervision minimizes the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Accel at Crystal Park, 3.49% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint gauges the percent of long-term stay residents who have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's may be an indicator of a facility with worst hygiene practices. Nevertheless, this datapoint may be misleading for some facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Accel at Crystal Park, 14.15% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of residents given antipsychotic drugs. These medications may be used to treat a variety of medical conditions, such as dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Accel at Crystal Park, 24.47% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic is a measure of the percent of long-term residents taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Accel at Crystal Park, 3.91% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients exhibiting signs of depression. High levels of depression may reveal a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Accel at Crystal Park, 92.49% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents that were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Accel at Crystal Park, 14.86 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Accel at Crystal Park, 71.57% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term patients that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of independence with activities of daily living often correlates with higher quality rehabilitation services.
Scores for Oklahoma City, OK
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Oklahoma City, Oklahoma has 31 other nursing homes
- Surgical Hospital of Oklahoma, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 1.46 miles away100 Southeast 59th Street Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73129Physician(405) 634-9300
- Onecore HealthAcute Care Hospitals 2.53 miles away1044 Sw 44th, Suite 350 Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73109Voluntary non-profit - Other(405) 631-3085
- Integris Southwest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.58 miles away4401 South Western Avenue Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73109Voluntary non-profit - Private(405) 636-7000
- Community Hospital, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 3.03 miles away3100 Southwest 89th Street Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73159Physician(405) 602-8100
- Oklahoma Heart Hospital South, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 5.16 miles away5200 East I-240 Service Road Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73135Physician(405) 628-6000
- Ssm Health St Anthony Hospital - Oklahoma CityAcute Care Hospitals 6.3 miles away1000 North Lee Avenue Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73101Voluntary non-profit - Church(405) 272-7000
- O U MedicineAcute Care Hospitals 6.68 miles away700 Ne 13th Street Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73104Voluntary non-profit - Private(405) 271-5911
- Alliancehealth MidwestAcute Care Hospitals 8.98 miles away2825 Parklawn Drive Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73110Proprietary(405) 610-8585
- Davita - Oklahoma City South1.37 miles away319 Sw 59th Street Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73109CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (405) 634-3708
- Davita - Cleveland Pd1.39 miles away1059 Se 82nd Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73149Dialysis Stations: 8 (405) 512-6912
- Fmcna - South Okc Dx Ctr1.86 miles away5419 S Western Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73109CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (405) 636-1570
- Fmcna - Southwest Oklahoma City Jv2.1 miles away10301 Greenbriar Pkwy Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73159CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (405) 691-3433
- Davita - Moore Dialysis3.7 miles away620 S. Santa Fe Ave Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73160Dialysis Stations: 12 (405) 799-2439
- Fkc - Moore3.85 miles away450 N Eastern Ave Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73160Dialysis Stations: 17 (405) 790-0626
- Ou Children Dialysis5.78 miles awayOu Children's Dialysis Unit 1200 Everett Dr Ste 1-J Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73104Dialysis Stations: 6 (405) 271-3302
- Davita - Heartland Dialysis6.34 miles away925 Ne Eighth Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73104CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (405) 236-3043